"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?

Hi,
on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need 
to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete.  
However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and 
gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", 
"Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways.  Is there any way 
to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" 
button?

Thanks in advance.
0
2/12/2005 2:41:02 AM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
896 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52

I assume you are working with Dexterity.

To work with an additional parallel table you need to capture 3 events.

1) Saving, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Save Record' field or a 
procedure trigger on the Save_Record form level procedure. Checking the value 
returned to see if the save was successful.

2) Reading, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Display Existing Record' 
field or a procedure trigger on the Display_Existing_Record form level 
procedure. 

3) Deleting, best handled with a Database trigger on the TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE
 event.  You can restrict this to the form in most cases as it is uses the 
forms table buffer to do the remove table command.

Triggers on the Save Button or Delete Button are not effective as just 
having the button script run is no guarantee that the record has been saved 
or deleted and will not catch all situations where those events can occur.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

Any views contained within are my personal views and 
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
and confers no rights.  


"Programmer in So Cal" wrote:

> Hi,
> on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need 
> to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete.  
> However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and 
> gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", 
> "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways.  Is there any way 
> to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" 
> button?
> 
> Thanks in advance.
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
2/14/2005 1:55:06 AM
But is there any way to PREVENT the delete from happening?  By the time 
"TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE" runs, the delete has been successful from the main 
tables--for me, that's too late!  That's why I tried to set up a warning with 
a focus trigger from the delete button, but still have the problem of the 
delete button that comes with the "x" cancel.

Thanks.

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> I assume you are working with Dexterity.
> 
> To work with an additional parallel table you need to capture 3 events.
> 
> 1) Saving, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Save Record' field or a 
> procedure trigger on the Save_Record form level procedure. Checking the value 
> returned to see if the save was successful.
> 
> 2) Reading, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Display Existing Record' 
> field or a procedure trigger on the Display_Existing_Record form level 
> procedure. 
> 
> 3) Deleting, best handled with a Database trigger on the TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE
>  event.  You can restrict this to the form in most cases as it is uses the 
> forms table buffer to do the remove table command.
> 
> Triggers on the Save Button or Delete Button are not effective as just 
> having the button script run is no guarantee that the record has been saved 
> or deleted and will not catch all situations where those events can occur.
> 
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> 
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> 
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> 
> Any views contained within are my personal views and 
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
> and confers no rights.  
> 
> 
> "Programmer in So Cal" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need 
> > to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete.  
> > However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and 
> > gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", 
> > "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways.  Is there any way 
> > to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" 
> > button?
> > 
> > Thanks in advance.
0
2/25/2005 3:47:01 AM
Then you would need to run a focus trigger before the WIN_POST script and 
abort close and reject script if you wish to prevent the exit.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

Any views contained within are my personal views and 
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
and confers no rights.  



"Programmer in So Cal" wrote:

> But is there any way to PREVENT the delete from happening?  By the time 
> "TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE" runs, the delete has been successful from the main 
> tables--for me, that's too late!  That's why I tried to set up a warning with 
> a focus trigger from the delete button, but still have the problem of the 
> delete button that comes with the "x" cancel.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
> 
> > I assume you are working with Dexterity.
> > 
> > To work with an additional parallel table you need to capture 3 events.
> > 
> > 1) Saving, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Save Record' field or a 
> > procedure trigger on the Save_Record form level procedure. Checking the value 
> > returned to see if the save was successful.
> > 
> > 2) Reading, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Display Existing Record' 
> > field or a procedure trigger on the Display_Existing_Record form level 
> > procedure. 
> > 
> > 3) Deleting, best handled with a Database trigger on the TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE
> >  event.  You can restrict this to the form in most cases as it is uses the 
> > forms table buffer to do the remove table command.
> > 
> > Triggers on the Save Button or Delete Button are not effective as just 
> > having the button script run is no guarantee that the record has been saved 
> > or deleted and will not catch all situations where those events can occur.
> > 
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> > 
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> > 
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> > 
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and 
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
> > and confers no rights.  
> > 
> > 
> > "Programmer in So Cal" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need 
> > > to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete.  
> > > However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and 
> > > gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", 
> > > "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways.  Is there any way 
> > > to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" 
> > > button?
> > > 
> > > Thanks in advance.
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
2/25/2005 4:28:45 AM
Thanks, that worked for my "x" button problem.

But there's still another problem.... if the user uses the VCR buttons to 
switch records, they also get that "Save or Delete" message, and that delete 
does not seem to get trapped by my window focus trigger.

Sorry for all the questions.  Thanks for all your help!

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Then you would need to run a focus trigger before the WIN_POST script and 
> abort close and reject script if you wish to prevent the exit.
> 
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> 
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> 
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> 
> Any views contained within are my personal views and 
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
> and confers no rights.  
> 
> 
> 
> "Programmer in So Cal" wrote:
> 
> > But is there any way to PREVENT the delete from happening?  By the time 
> > "TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE" runs, the delete has been successful from the main 
> > tables--for me, that's too late!  That's why I tried to set up a warning with 
> > a focus trigger from the delete button, but still have the problem of the 
> > delete button that comes with the "x" cancel.
> > 
> > Thanks.
> > 
> > "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
> > 
> > > I assume you are working with Dexterity.
> > > 
> > > To work with an additional parallel table you need to capture 3 events.
> > > 
> > > 1) Saving, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Save Record' field or a 
> > > procedure trigger on the Save_Record form level procedure. Checking the value 
> > > returned to see if the save was successful.
> > > 
> > > 2) Reading, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Display Existing Record' 
> > > field or a procedure trigger on the Display_Existing_Record form level 
> > > procedure. 
> > > 
> > > 3) Deleting, best handled with a Database trigger on the TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE
> > >  event.  You can restrict this to the form in most cases as it is uses the 
> > > forms table buffer to do the remove table command.
> > > 
> > > Triggers on the Save Button or Delete Button are not effective as just 
> > > having the button script run is no guarantee that the record has been saved 
> > > or deleted and will not catch all situations where those events can occur.
> > > 
> > > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > > Senior Development Consultant
> > > MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> > > 
> > > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> > > 
> > > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> > > 
> > > Any views contained within are my personal views and 
> > > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
> > > and confers no rights.  
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Programmer in So Cal" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi,
> > > > on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need 
> > > > to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete.  
> > > > However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and 
> > > > gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", 
> > > > "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways.  Is there any way 
> > > > to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" 
> > > > button?
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks in advance.
0
2/25/2005 7:25:03 PM
It is likely that the Delete button, window post script and VCR buttons all 
run the same window field script (a change script on a hidden field on the 
window) or form procedure which takes care of prompting the user ("Are you 
sure you want to delete...?") and actually deleting the record from the 
table. If you can determine what script is being used to do that, you might 
be able to handle your integration around that script (depending on how it 
works). Try logging scripts while performing those various actions and see 
what you find in common. I know it's not much, but it's a start...

Hope that helps!

Scott Erickson
Microsoft Business Solutions
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



"Programmer in So Cal" wrote:

> Thanks, that worked for my "x" button problem.
> 
> But there's still another problem.... if the user uses the VCR buttons to 
> switch records, they also get that "Save or Delete" message, and that delete > does not seem to get trapped by my window focus trigger.
> 
> Sorry for all the questions.  Thanks for all your help!
> 
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
> 
> > Then you would need to run a focus trigger before the WIN_POST script and 
> > abort close and reject script if you wish to prevent the exit.
> > 
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> > 
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> > 
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> > 
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and 
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
> > and confers no rights.  
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Programmer in So Cal" wrote:
> > 
> > > But is there any way to PREVENT the delete from happening?  By the time 
> > > "TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE" runs, the delete has been successful from the main 
> > > tables--for me, that's too late!  That's why I tried to set up a warning with 
> > > a focus trigger from the delete button, but still have the problem of the 
> > > delete button that comes with the "x" cancel.
> > > 
> > > Thanks.
> > > 
> > > "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > I assume you are working with Dexterity.
> > > > 
> > > > To work with an additional parallel table you need to capture 3 events.
> > > > 
> > > > 1) Saving, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Save Record' field or a 
> > > > procedure trigger on the Save_Record form level procedure. Checking the value 
> > > > returned to see if the save was successful.
> > > > 
> > > > 2) Reading, usually using a focus trigger on the 'Display Existing Record' 
> > > > field or a procedure trigger on the Display_Existing_Record form level 
> > > > procedure. 
> > > > 
> > > > 3) Deleting, best handled with a Database trigger on the TRIGGER_ON_DB_UPDATE
> > > >  event.  You can restrict this to the form in most cases as it is uses the 
> > > > forms table buffer to do the remove table command.
> > > > 
> > > > Triggers on the Save Button or Delete Button are not effective as just 
> > > > having the button script run is no guarantee that the record has been saved 
> > > > or deleted and will not catch all situations where those events can occur.
> > > > 
> > > > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > > > Senior Development Consultant
> > > > MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> > > > 
> > > > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > > > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> > > > 
> > > > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> > > > 
> > > > Any views contained within are my personal views and 
> > > > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, 
> > > > and confers no rights.  
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "Programmer in So Cal" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need 
> > > > > to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete.  
> > > > > However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and 
> > > > > gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", 
> > > > > "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways.  Is there any way 
> > > > > to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" 
> > > > > button?
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks in advance.
0
serickso (15)
2/28/2005 8:19:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

The Excel menu bar (File, Edit, View, etc) Is nowhere and I can't seem to get it back!! HELP!!
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel I was doing an assignment for one of my classes and I managed to somehow delete the excel menu bar (top of screen the one with File, Edit, View, Format, Tools etc) I can't figure out how to get them back. PLEASE HELP ME!! I suck with computers. It would help if you'd describe exactly how you went about doing so... It's virtually impossible to do unless you manually remove each menu item from the Workbook Menu Bar one at a time. Try this; Control/Right-Click the Standard Toolbar & select Customize Menus & Toolbars from the contextua...

Outlook Express Deletes Folders
Using Outlook Express. I went do delete an email from my created inbox folder (which then contains a number of sub- folders) by the usual "shift+delete" method and instead of bringing up the confirmation dialog that folder and all its subs just vanished! I have looked in the store folder and all the DBX files are just gone... I've just lost a few thousand emails from over 3 years, any ideas what has happend and maybe how I can get them back? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlo...

can i download lxce serv.exe
want to open message lxce serv.exe using windows xp ...

Associating Multiple Existing Contacts to an Account, Until CRM 2.x
I have racked my pea-sized brain for endless days for a way to associate multiple existing contacts (or accounts) to an account. My client has accounts that have many contacts (or accounts) involved at different stages of acquiring a new account. The logical method would be to add a custom attribute with lookup functionality into the existing CRM contact or account objects but this is not possible with CRM 1.x. The resulting UI would allow an end user to associate different contacts (or accounts) to an account. Example: Account: ABC - AccountPhysician: (existing account or con...

Can't configure Outlook Express
I had Outlook express set up for the Money newsgroup, but somehow I lost it. Now I even forgot how to set it up again. I always get the error message saying "server cannot be found". The server name I typed in was microsoft.public.money, and I am not sure what should I type in here Thanks for help In microsoft.public.money, wj wrote: >I had Outlook express set up for the Money newsgroup, but >somehow I lost it. Now I even forgot how to set it up >again. I always get the error message saying "server >cannot be found". The server name I typed in was &g...

How export all mailbox-enabled users from the GAL using Outlook?
Hello, We have a user which, for administrative reasons, needs to export all mailbox-enabled users in the GAL now and then. They just need all the names. Is there a straightforward way for them to do that? We don't want to give them any special permissions and want to avoid server scripting. Ideally, they should be able to export it to a CSV file or any text file. Thanks, - Alan. Alan wrote: > We have a user which, for administrative reasons, needs to export all > mailbox-enabled users in the GAL now and then. They just need all the > names. Is there a straightforward way fo...

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...

Can I change the Comment Box arrow connection point?
Is there any way to change the point on a Comment Box where the tail end of the arrow it attached? Until today, all of the arrows in my workbook had been attached to the upper left-hand corner of the Comment Boxes. Today, I noticed that one of them is attached to the upper right-hand corner. I have no idea how that happened, but it seems to indicate that the attachment point can be moved. Can the arrow be attached to the center of the Comment Box so that when it is moved around, the tail always comes from the closest point? Comments have a habit of moving around. To reset all to default po...

can't get the pratice excel spreadsheet to download for training
I can not get the spreadsheet to download in the training session for excell Which training session would that be? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 19:03:01 -0800, KEEPERS <KEEPERS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can not get the spreadsheet to download in the training session for excell ...

can't find IMF setup in Exchange 2003 sp2
Dear all, After I upgrade to Exchange 2003 sp2, I can't find IMF setup option in SMTP virtual server. I've try re-install IMF but not work. Is that because sp2 remove IMF setup option in SMTP virtual server? Many thanks for your help! On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:34:07 +0800, "Staff" <user@normal.com.nospam> wrote: >Dear all, > >After I upgrade to Exchange 2003 sp2, I can't find IMF setup option in SMTP >virtual server. > >I've try re-install IMF but not work. Is that because sp2 remove IMF setup >option in SMTP virtual server? > &...

Text Highlight Color vs. Highlighter button
I'm using Office 2010 and wanted to add the highlight function to the quick access toolbar. Under All commands I saw two buttons which seems to fit, but I can't figure out the difference between them. One is called Highlighter, the other Text Highlight Color. Text Highlight Color is the one I use, if only because the other never seems to be available. But I'm unable to determine how they're different. Anyone know?? Thanks, ...

Can I create a command box fora macro to be stored on my toolbar
...

Formula (x) seconds for widget
Well... i guess you can try, "=sum(60*60/171). Since there's 60 minutes in an hour; and there's 60 seconds in a minute; divide it with 171. Since you didn't reply to the thread, I guess we'll never know what the question is and the poster will never know what your answer was. I guess the subject title was also changed. Ok, saw the original question, and it got answered, your answer dropped the word "for" out of the subject confusing things even more. Some helpful hints for working with the Excel newsgroups: Hints for New Posters http://www.cpearso...

Stupid thing, I cannot open *.exe (outlook) but I can take*.zip
That's thing which I can't understand. In Outlook 2003 with some security patches it is imposibile to open attachment with .exe file. But same file zipped I can normaly open. That is stupid (sorry). Please allow to me to decide which file to open. Thanks bozzo-croatia wrote: > That's thing which I can't understand. > In Outlook 2003 with some security patches it is imposibile to open > attachment with .exe file. But same file zipped I can normaly open. > That is stupid (sorry). Please allow to me to decide which file to > open. > > Thanks Have people ...

can't forward photos in OutlookExpress
using XP and Outlook Express. When emails are forwarded that contain pictures or are formatted in HTML, the recipient can't see the pictures. How can this be fixed? Thanks, Bill Freeburg Bill Freeburg <Bill@MarathonSoftware.com> wrote: > using XP and Outlook Express. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Brian - I've not been able to find an outlook express newsgroup. At least not under "microsoft.public." Any suggestions? Thanks, Bill "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uNvlP2ldEHA.996@TK2MSFTNG...

Can I save a re-useable template for Text Import Wizard?
I frequently have to import data from an accounts report txt file into Excel 2K, via the Text Import Wizard, fixed width mode. Is there any way to save the column width settings for future re-use? No. "Sinhavacin" wrote: > I frequently have to import data from an accounts report txt file into Excel > 2K, via the Text Import Wizard, fixed width mode. Is there any way to save > the column width settings for future re-use? How about this: If you're always importing files with the same layout, you could record a macro when you import one of these files. Start a n...

W7 x64-Recovery of Accidently Deleted File
By mistake deleted an XLS file from my desktop using shift+delete. Unfortunately Windows Backup was not set up on the computer. Can anyone advice on how to recover this very important file? Thanks On 2/17/2010 1:29 PM, M.K wrote: > By mistake deleted an XLS file from my desktop using shift+delete. > Unfortunately Windows Backup was not set up on the computer. > > Can anyone advice on how to recover this very important file? > > Thanks > > > Unfortunately, I tried on a sample unimportant file and shift+delete really deletes the file and by...

Default Button on modeless dialog box Problem
I created a modeless dialog box then I create a child dialog box on it. when user clicks on any button on the child dialog it apears as a default button. It means more than one default button on a page. The child dialog box template has these properties : Style: Child, Border: None, All other properties: False. I create it when the main modeless dialog OnCreate() called and I set it as child's parent in Create(). Actually, I try to simulate a property-sheet for my specialized and I had to use a CDialog as the sheet and a Tab control with the above way to "adding pages". I used ...

Can somebody with ExcelFIX fix a file for me pls?
Perhaps you might tell us what is wrong. "Peter Downes" <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bmjbc0$18jd$1@newsreader02.ops.uunet.co.za... > > Hi Donald More info is posted twice, slightly lower in this newsgroup. Thanks Peter "Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message news:eMF5pDykDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Perhaps you might tell us what is wrong. > > "Peter Downes" <pjtdownes@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:bmjbc0$18jd$1@newsreader02.ops.uunet.co.za... > > > > > > That...

Chart Date X Axis
I currently have a chart with an x axis that is dates. The dates aren't in order in the supporting table but display in order on the chart which is great. Is there a way of appending some text to each date field and having the date and text displayed on the x axis and having Excel order the dates in chronological order. ie in the table 10 Apr 04-1 15 Feb 04-5 20 May 04-2 31 Jan 04-4 would still print in date order. Thanks... MrC wrote: > I currently have a chart with an x axis that is dates. The dates aren't > in order in the supporting table but display in order on the ...

deleting rows using X search and last row
I have a column H that has numbers in it. I want to find down the column for an X. When the X is found I need to select that row that X is in and select the last row with data and delete the selected rows. Hi try the following macro: Sub delete_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For row_index = 1 to lastrow If Cells(row_index, "A").Value= " X" then Rows(row_index & ":" & lastrow).delete exit for End If Ne...

Can I set the numerical type of Cell to Hex format
Dear all, Sorry to post again. Can I set the numerical type of the cell in Hex format, because I want to do the following task. Thanks. Now, if I type in 01/0001 in cell, and then I drag the mouse down to many cells , the number in the cell will be added by 1 automatically, just like the following 01/0001 01/0002 01/0003 . . . Now, if I type in 01/0001 and I want to drag the mouse down to many cells and I want the cell to add 1 automatically in Hex format. Can I do that? Simply, I want the cell t...

Can a Subreport print it's textboxes on the Main report?
I'm having a heck of a time creating a monthly report for work. It has to sum daily values and group them as monthy totals. It also will show fees that are received once a month. I created a subreport for these fees but they need to blend in with the other data. How do I get the subreport's results to line up with the main report ones? TIA for any help... -- Logo How about creating a main report based on the monthly fees and a subreport of the daily values? Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Logo" <Logo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How can years be displayed in an Excel chart?
...

how can I use different colours in excel scattergrams?
I want to compare results using data from different sources by using a scattergram (in excel). My current efforts result in a lot of black dots, is there a method that I can use that will create a different colour to identify each data source? I have thought about using acetate overlays from each source. Can you think of an easier/better method? "John B" <John B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9214CEAB-BE89-4B51-B5CC-D29C6C0F3386@microsoft.com... >I want to compare results using data from different sources by using a > scattergram > (in excel)....