[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a

I'm getting the following error trying to use 32-bit client on a Win2003
64-bit server to connect to an SQLserver 2005 on a 32-bit remote Win 2003
server.
IF I use the 64-bit ODBC manager (SQL Native client  or ODBC DSN), I got
connected without any problem. The problem is the application (Great Plains
Dynamics 10) only recognized 32-bit ODBC client.

For GP NG, my question would be how to make Dynamics recognize both 32-bit
and 64-bit Native Connectors.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bill

-----------------------

---------------------------
Microsoft SQL Server Login
---------------------------
Connection failed:
SQLState: '08001'
SQL Server Error: 233
[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a
connection to SQL Server [233].
Connection failed:
SQLState: 'HYT00'
SQL Server Error: 0
[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]Login timeout expired
Connection failed:
SQLState: '08001'
SQL Server Error: 233
[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]An error has occurred while establishing a
connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
not allow remote connections.

---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Where is Microsoft Publisher 2002?
Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP). Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased separately? If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it. Not all versions of Office are the same as other versions - just like the different editions vary. You need to read the box to make sure you are getting what you need - or to see what program are included. Pub 2002 had to be purchased separately because it wasn't included with any retail s...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

automatically naming files for savingb

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

HQ client configuration
I connect HQ and stores via VPN which connects fine. But when the HQ client from Store 1 tries to connect to HQ Server, it does not connect. In the HQ Cient config, the server name is "MYLAPTOP". If I change that to the current IP address, it actually connects. The problem is that I take my laptop everywhere so IP address changes. If I keep the Cient configuration to "MYLAPTOP", how would they know what IP address to connect? Is it by DNS, NAT, or something in the router or is it something on the store PC? (My Store #2 actually connects to the Server with "MYLAP...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

formula to get sheet name
hi, can a formula retreive a worksheet name or does it need to be macro based? thanks, N.S. Hi Nigel, This formula that takes care of the possible situation whereby you have only one sheet in the workbook and its name is the same as the workbook's. Note: CELL("filename") will only work if the file has been saved at least once and if the file is opened in a different language system, the argument "filename" will need to be changed manually to the corresponding word (e.g. in Spanish "nombrearchivo"): =LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),SUBSTITUTE(MID(CE...

changing a name in mulit parts of a document
I am setting up a word document. This will be used as a template In this document I wish to insert the same "name" throughtout this document. Is it possible to change the name in one spot and all of the others change automatically thanks See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>...

change exchange name suffix
Hi We need to change our exchange server 'name' suffix. The situation is that we have a local DNS domain 'bs.si' where all our company computers and server are (Win2k srv AD) We have also external domain 'bs-group.si' that is also for delivering mail (mx record). The Exchange server name is 'posta' Now when someone connects to Exchange server from outside via port 25 it responds like '220 posta.bs.si ...', but I want that the response will be like '220 posta.bs-group.si'. So that mail that is coming from our server will be seen like that i...

OWA and Domain Names
Hi, I added header fields so that users of my website would be directed to the default web site in IIS. However, now when trying to go to mydomain.com/exchange when I try to login as I did before it will not accept any logins. I tried KJM/loginname loginname mydomainname.com/loginname and always iwth the same password. But it accepts none of these. If I remove the headers and use the IP address it works fine. Is there a way to make teh authenticaiton work when using mydomainname.com/exchange What type of authentication are using? FBA? The use of host headers should not be causing...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...

Microsoft Money #5
Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version." Any advice on what to do? In microsoft.public.money, Jeannie wrote: >Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of >Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it >tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error >message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it >was c...

Outlook client sync
1. Background synchronization to the offline database should be a one-step 'Renew records' button, so users in Offline don't have to remember to perform 2 manual time-consuming tasks 2. Custom Entities should sync to local database as easily as the built-in ones 3. Separate Outlook Contact cloning from offline data filters 4. Allow custom code to sync and operate in Outlook ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pan...

telnet client in access form
Hello. I am trying to creat a form for work that involves connecting to a telnet server to automatically send and retreive specified data. I am new to VB and I am not sure why my code is not working... anybody help me out? Here is the code that seems to be generating the error: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) telnet.RemoteHost = "HOST" telnet.RemotePort = 23 End Sub (obviously i have replaced removed the host name since i am posting this) ...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Error, "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed".
Hi gurus, I have an Outlook 2002 client which talks to his mailbox on an Exchange 2000 server. Whenever he tries to go through the steps to add a second mailbox (in addition to his own, when opening Outlook), he receives the error: "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed". This error occurs as soon as he hits the "Add" button, before he even gets a chance to add in the mailbox name. For Outlook, this is an Exchange Server properties advanced setting. Very odd. Spin wrote: > Hi gurus, > > I have an Outlook 2002 client which talk...