web server does not open

I published a website http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several months
ago. Accessing this site for installing/maintenance requires a user ID and
password. Recently when I tried to update (the website uses FP Extensions,
which I had used before with no problem) the site I get an error message with
several options, none of which apply. The ID and password are correct, since
I can access the cpanel by using them.  But now, when I try to upload new
pages from my computer, the website doesn't recognize me at all and does not
even ask for the ID and password.

Any suggestions?
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

the Cpanel un/pw is not necessarily the same as your publishing ones.

you should contact the host

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"plaisaeb" <plaisaeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I published a website http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several months
> ago. Accessing this site for installing/maintenance requires a user ID and
> password. Recently when I tried to update (the website uses FP Extensions,
> which I had used before with no problem) the site I get an error message
> with
> several options, none of which apply. The ID and password are correct,
> since
> I can access the cpanel by using them.  But now, when I try to upload new
> pages from my computer, the website doesn't recognize me at all and does
> not
> even ask for the ID and password.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
Rob
5/22/2010 3:45:56 AM
Either the URL you gave is wrong, the server is having serious problems or the site has been removed from the server.
As Rob said, talk to your host.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

plaisaeb presented the following explanation :
> I published a website
> http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several
> months  ago. Accessing this site for
> installing/maintenance requires a user ID and
> password. Recently when I tried to update (the
> website uses FP Extensions,  which I had used
> before with no problem) the site I get an error
> message with  several options, none of which
> apply. The ID and password are correct, since
> I can access the cpanel by using them.  But
> now, when I try to upload new  pages from my
> computer, the website doesn't recognize me at
> all and does not  even ask for the ID and
> password.

> Any suggestions?

0
Ronx

Rejected by Server
When sending mail, I get an error with "rejected by server". The e-mail is still sent, but I get this error message every time. You are hiding some of the details. The reject error would show some status error number, like 550, and an error code, like 0x.....CE. Are you sending e-mails using your ISP's SMTP (outbound) mail server? Or are you connected to their network but trying to relay SMTP requests across their network to an SMTP server on someone else's network? That's a no-no since many ISP's will not let you relay SMTP traffic across their network (except,...

Domain Controller Security Policy
Hello I was trying to open both "Domain Controller Security Policy" and "Domain Security Policy", I have the error: "Failed to open the group policy object, you may not have appropriate rights" and in detail section "the parameter is incorrect" I log on as administrator so don't think if it has anything to do with permission and right Thanks everyone TT ...

open/save dialog title broken
The title bar of any Office 2003 program's open/save dialog has just a single letter. Any ideas what's broken? tbone ...

Outlook2003 : keeping a copy of PST on server
I can't seem find the place to make the change on the client's outlook to keep a copy of the pst file on exchange server. When I configured outlook I got the message to go into tools and select the option to keep a copy on server. I couldn't find that option and all mail was delivered to the client. When you go through owa all you will see is the new mail not delivered to the client. I'm going to hack at it and when I find something I will post my findings. But if someone already knows where to look I would appreciate that Thanks Norm found this article http://www...

can servers be moved between administrative groups?
Below is an extract from the 70-284 MS training kit. I am totaly confused i have been told in this newsgroup by an MVP that you can not move a server once installed to a different administrative group and have also read elsewhere that you cannot but Microsoft below say you can in both modes. Subsequent Exchange servers are added to routing groups during the installation process,and if necessary, you can move servers between routing groups using Exchange System Manager. The only caveat is that in mixed mode, you cannot move servers between routing groups that belong to different administrative...

Using multiple smtp servers for different locations on Outlook 2000
I have a number of employees that use laptops and need different outgoing smtp servers. Usually one for home and one for the office. Is there a way to have both and choose between the two instead of retyping the server info every morning and night when they take the computer home. Why not have them always use a single SMTP server, presuming it supports authenticated relay? That way, they never have to change anything, if they set up Outlook to authenticate to that SMTP server. Joe W wrote: > I have a number of employees that use laptops and need > different outgoing smtp servers. ...

can't open files

Server being used to send out viruses
Problem: When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3 users cannot send email through the server. The email just sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes (email accounts) on the server so this should work. When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST, my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil people) to use my email server to send out viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is great! David Hi, If you are using Exchange, w...

Practice downloaded opened but instruction viewer encountered prob
HELP! I downloaded the free trial of 20007 Professional. After viewing Windows Word 2007 Training 1st session, pressed practice session. 2007 word downloaded practice screen but the instruction screen attempted to open but received error message box "MS Office Help Viewer encountered problem and needs to close." Could not get instructions to complete practice!! Trying to get a job and need to review & practice 2007 software asap! Any suggestions? ...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

Opening for Great Plains Developer in SF Bay Area
Hi, We have a current position open for a Great Plains developer to perform dB maintenance for Great Plains installation. Open to Contract or Contract to Perm. Full job description on request. Please email if you are interested. Thanks, Brendan McIntyre brendan@emailpcs.com ...

Does a 'grace period' exist for Server CALs??
I am presently planning a new Win2k8 R2 DC/TS/AD/DNS server install. I know the TS/RDS CALs have a "grace period" which allows me time to obtain however many additional CALs we need. Does a similar "grace period" exist for the Server CALs per se?? If I don't have enough Server CALs (device) at the time of setting up the server and people's computers connecting to it via Terminal Services/Citrix, what will happen?? I haven't found anything searching the Internet... Thank you, Tom Hello tom12010, See here about the grace periods depending ...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

Open Workbook
I have a query that pulls 2 fields from a table. One field (ReportName) is selected from a form combo box. The second field (ReportLocation) in the query is the full path of the ReportName selected. I want to open the workbook using the ReportLocation, when the ReportName in the form changes. So I need to the code to enter in "On Change" for my form, so whatever report is selected, it opens up. Please help. Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200802/1 here is my current code that doesn'...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

Web Query question
I am trying to download stock options through the following vba code, however i am having problem with separator between "m" field which is month and "s" field which is stock symbol, I appreciate any help i can get, With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "URL;http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=" & Range("b1").Value;&m=2010-05", Destination:=Range("$A$11")) thanks david I think you are mising (at least) one quote? Reg Migrant "David" wrote: > I am trying to download stock optio...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Opening to a default tab?
Hello, Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Joe Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in a regular module sub auto_open() sheets("mysheet").select end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:eZpp9EUKEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a wa...

outlook web access 2003
web page downloads ok to my home 98SE based PC with 5.0 IE browser, but will not load ok with 6.0. The outlook web access program from work is on a 2000 Professional based server. thanks. all other webpages download ok but when i login to this remote email the page hangs up. try emptying the browser cache and if it's still a problem, repost in the owa newsgroup, http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.exchange.clients -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...