Uploading Form Problem

FP 2003 / win xp /
URL of form is : http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm

Just set up a form and am trying to get it to work - got the following error
message...
Form Validation Error

Please correct the information you provided by following these steps, then
submit the information again:

    * A FrontPage File Upload component is incorrectly configured. Please
set the MIME encoding type for the form to be multipart/form-data.

Return to the form.

I do not usually have problem spublishing - server does have frontpagr
extensions - i have tried to look in the HTML code for the mime heading in
order to make the change but cannot find it - could you send me in the right
directionin order to try and fix this?
Thank you for taking a look at my question.
Joyce
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In FrontPage code view, the form should be similar to:

<form method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">

The FileUpload webbot should also include the folder (S-Destination) the upload is to be saved to:

<!--webbot bot="FileUpload" U-File="_private/form_results.csv" S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE" S-Destination="myfolder/" -->
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

threademporium has brought this to us :
> FP 2003 / win xp /
> URL of form is :
> http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm

> Just set up a form and am trying to get it to
> work - got the following error  message...
> Form Validation Error

> Please correct the information you provided by
> following these steps, then  submit the
> information again:

>     * A FrontPage File Upload component is
> incorrectly configured. Please  set the MIME
> encoding type for the form to be
> multipart/form-data.

> Return to the form.

> I do not usually have problem spublishing -
> server does have frontpagr  extensions - i have
> tried to look in the HTML code for the mime
> heading in  order to make the change but cannot
> find it - could you send me in the right
> directionin order to try and fix this? Thank
> you for taking a look at my question. Joyce

0
Ronx
4/17/2010 2:49:26 PM
Found the HTML code it is as follows
				<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;"
language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-onSubmit="return
FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">

Am I replace this code with the code you gave me in the first part of your
answer>

Thank you for help

Joyce

"Ronx" wrote:

> In FrontPage code view, the form should be similar to:
>
> <form method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
>
> The FileUpload webbot should also include the folder (S-Destination) the upload is to be saved to:
>
> <!--webbot bot="FileUpload" U-File="_private/form_results.csv" S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE" S-Destination="myfolder/" -->
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>

> threademporium has brought this to us :
> > FP 2003 / win xp /
> > URL of form is :
> > http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm
>
> > Just set up a form and am trying to get it to
> > work - got the following error  message...
> > Form Validation Error
>
> > Please correct the information you provided by
> > following these steps, then  submit the
> > information again:
>
> >     * A FrontPage File Upload component is
> > incorrectly configured. Please  set the MIME
> > encoding type for the form to be
> > multipart/form-data.
>
> > Return to the form.
>
> > I do not usually have problem spublishing -
> > server does have frontpagr  extensions - i have
> > tried to look in the HTML code for the mime
> > heading in  order to make the change but cannot
> > find it - could you send me in the right
> > directionin order to try and fix this? Thank
> > you for taking a look at my question. Joyce
>

> .

Add
enctype="multipart/form-data"
to the <form tag you have, but also make sure that the webbot comment following the <form> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
If it doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload form field, and reinsert it
Insert->Form->File Upload

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

threademporium expressed precisely :
> Found the HTML code it is as follows
> 				<form method="POST"
> action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
> onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return
> false;"  language="JavaScript"
> name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-onSubmit="return
> FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">

> Am I replace this code with the code you gave
> me in the first part of your  answer>

> Thank you for help

> Joyce

> "Ronx" wrote:

>> In FrontPage code view, the form should be
>> similar to:
>>
>> <form method="POST"
>> enctype="multipart/form-data"
>> action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
>>
>> The FileUpload webbot should also include the
>> folder (S-Destination) the upload is to be
>> saved to:
>>
>> <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
>> U-File="_private/form_results.csv"
>> S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE"
>> S-Destination="myfolder/" --> -- Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>>

>> threademporium has brought this to us :
>>> FP 2003 / win xp /
>>> URL of form is :
>>> http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm
>>> Just set up a form and am trying to get it to
>>> work - got the following error  message...
>>> Form Validation Error
>>
>>> Please correct the information you provided
>>> by  following these steps, then  submit the
>>> information again:
>>
>>>     * A FrontPage File Upload component is
>>> incorrectly configured. Please  set the MIME
>>> encoding type for the form to be
>>> multipart/form-data.
>>
>>> Return to the form.
>>
>>> I do not usually have problem spublishing -
>>> server does have frontpagr  extensions - i
>>> have  tried to look in the HTML code for the
>>> mime  heading in  order to make the change
>>> but cannot  find it - could you send me in
>>> the right   directionin order to try and fix
>>> this? Thank  you for taking a look at my
>>> question. Joyce
>>

>> .

0
Ronx
4/17/2010 5:47:18 PM
PS
And make sure the folder set to upload attachments to has the correct FP permissions
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288328

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"Ronx" <ronx917@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9oJXYl3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
Add
enctype="multipart/form-data"
to the <form tag you have, but also make sure that the webbot comment following the <form> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
If it doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload form field, and reinsert it
Insert->Form->File Upload

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

threademporium expressed precisely :
> Found the HTML code it is as follows
> <form method="POST"
> action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
> onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return
> false;"  language="JavaScript"
> name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-onSubmit="return
> FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">

> Am I replace this code with the code you gave
> me in the first part of your  answer>

> Thank you for help

> Joyce

> "Ronx" wrote:

>> In FrontPage code view, the form should be
>> similar to:
>>
>> <form method="POST"
>> enctype="multipart/form-data"
>> action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
>>
>> The FileUpload webbot should also include the
>> folder (S-Destination) the upload is to be
>> saved to:
>>
>> <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
>> U-File="_private/form_results.csv"
>> S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE"
>> S-Destination="myfolder/" --> -- Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>>

>> threademporium has brought this to us :
>>> FP 2003 / win xp /
>>> URL of form is :
>>> http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm
>>> Just set up a form and am trying to get it to
>>> work - got the following error  message...
>>> Form Validation Error
>>
>>> Please correct the information you provided
>>> by  following these steps, then  submit the
>>> information again:
>>
>>>     * A FrontPage File Upload component is
>>> incorrectly configured. Please  set the MIME
>>> encoding type for the form to be
>>> multipart/form-data.
>>
>>> Return to the form.
>>
>>> I do not usually have problem spublishing -
>>> server does have frontpagr  extensions - i
>>> have  tried to look in the HTML code for the
>>> mime  heading in  order to make the change
>>> but cannot  find it - could you send me in
>>> the right   directionin order to try and fix
>>> this? Thank  you for taking a look at my
>>> question. Joyce
>>

>> .

0
Stefan
4/18/2010 8:50:35 AM
Thank you for your reply
Can i add     enctype="multipart/form-data"     anywhere in the form tag - I
do not have any HTML skills and lack confidence- sorry to be a pain

Joyce

"Ronx" wrote:

> Add
> enctype="multipart/form-data"
> to the <form tag you have, but also make sure that the webbot comment following the <form> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
> If it doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload form field, and reinsert it
> Insert->Form->File Upload
>
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>

> threademporium expressed precisely :
> > Found the HTML code it is as follows
> > 				<form method="POST"
> > action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
> > onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return
> > false;"  language="JavaScript"
> > name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-onSubmit="return
> > FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">
>
> > Am I replace this code with the code you gave
> > me in the first part of your  answer>
>
> > Thank you for help
>
> > Joyce
>

> > "Ronx" wrote:
>
> >> In FrontPage code view, the form should be
> >> similar to:
> >>
> >> <form method="POST"
> >> enctype="multipart/form-data"
> >> action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
> >>
> >> The FileUpload webbot should also include the
> >> folder (S-Destination) the upload is to be
> >> saved to:
> >>
> >> <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
> >> U-File="_private/form_results.csv"
> >> S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE"
> >> S-Destination="myfolder/" --> -- Ron Symonds
> >> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
> >>

> >> threademporium has brought this to us :

> >> .
> >>

> .

The order of attributes in a HTML tag is not important, so in this case:
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="...and so on... >
will be OK.
--

After serious thinking threademporium wrote :
> Thank you for your reply
> Can i add     enctype="multipart/form-data"
> anywhere in the form tag - I  do not have any
> HTML skills and lack confidence- sorry to be a
> pain

> Joyce

> "Ronx" wrote:

>> Add
>> enctype="multipart/form-data"
>> to the <form tag you have, but also make sure
>> that the webbot comment following the <form>
>> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload" If it
>> doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload
>> form field, and reinsert it Insert->Form->File
>> Upload
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>>

>> threademporium expressed precisely :
>>> Found the HTML code it is as follows
>>> 				<form method="POST"
>>> action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
>>> onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return
>>> false;"  language="JavaScript"
>>> name="FrontPage_Form1"
>>> webbot-onSubmit="return
>>> FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">
>>
>>> Am I replace this code with the code you gave
>>> me in the first part of your  answer>
>>> Thank you for help
>>
>>> Joyce

>> .

0
Ronx
4/18/2010 10:33:37 AM
Thank you so much... will give this a try tomorrow when the children are back
at school and i can concentrate!

"Ronx" wrote:

> The order of attributes in a HTML tag is not important, so in this case:
> <form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="...and so on... >
> will be OK.
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>

> After serious thinking threademporium wrote :
> > Thank you for your reply
> > Can i add     enctype="multipart/form-data"
> > anywhere in the form tag - I  do not have any
> > HTML skills and lack confidence- sorry to be a
> > pain
>
> > Joyce
>
> > "Ronx" wrote:
>
> >> Add
> >> enctype="multipart/form-data"
> >> to the <form tag you have, but also make sure
> >> that the webbot comment following the <form>
> >> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload" If it
> >> doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload
> >> form field, and reinsert it Insert->Form->File
> >> Upload
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ron Symonds
> >> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
> >>

> >> threademporium expressed precisely :

> >> .
> >>

> .

Thank you for your reply - I downloaded the white paper and I think it was
this part you where trying to direct me to
Creating a File Upload Folder in your Web
To create a File Upload folder in your Web, follow these steps:
1.	Open your Web.
2.	In the Folder list pane, right-click the top level folder, point to New,
and then click Folder on the menu that appears. Name the folder Files.
3.	Right-click the new folder and then click Properties on the menu that
appears.
4.	In the Properties dialog box, click to clear the Allow scripts to be run
check box.
5.	Click to select the Allow anonymous upload to this directory and the
Allow uploaded files to overwrite existing filenames check boxes, and then
click OK.

I followed the instructions in the following way - i opened my disk based
web site in frontpage with the intention of editing it and then uploading it
- I found a folder marked_private and _customer-uploaded_images i tried to
right click them to check the "allow scripts to be run" and "allow anonymous
upload to this directory" but i could not - when i right click properties
these check boxes are greyed out - I am am obviousley doing something wrong -
could you help and point me in the right direction - I should add I also
tried creating a new folder called "files2 as per the instruction in the
white paper but that also had the check boxes grey ed out.
I should add for clarity purposes - I only want to recieve an email from my
form wit hthe relevant information and any uploaded images.

"Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:

> PS
> And make sure the folder set to upload attachments to has the correct FP permissions
> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288328

> SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;
> To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
>   http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
>

> "Ronx" <ronx917@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9oJXYl3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Add
> enctype="multipart/form-data"
> to the <form tag you have, but also make sure that the webbot comment following the <form> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
> If it doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload form field, and reinsert it
> Insert->Form->File Upload
>
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>

> threademporium expressed precisely :
> > Found the HTML code it is as follows
> > <form method="POST"
> > action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
> > onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return
> > false;"  language="JavaScript"
> > name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-onSubmit="return
> > FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">
>
> > Am I replace this code with the code you gave
> > me in the first part of your  answer>
>
> > Thank you for help
>
> > Joyce
>

> > "Ronx" wrote:
>
> >> In FrontPage code view, the form should be
> >> similar to:
> >>
> >> <form method="POST"
> >> enctype="multipart/form-data"
> >> action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
> >>
> >> The FileUpload webbot should also include the
> >> folder (S-Destination) the upload is to be
> >> saved to:
> >>
> >> <!--webbot bot="FileUpload"
> >> U-File="_private/form_results.csv"
> >> S-Format="TEXT/CSV" S-Label-Fields="TRUE"
> >> S-Destination="myfolder/" --> -- Ron Symonds
> >> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
> >>

> >> threademporium has brought this to us :

> >> .
> >>

> .

This operation MUST be done on the server.
Open the remote site in FrontPage and follow those instructions.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

It happens that threademporium formulated :
> [...]

>> Add enctype="multipart/form-data"
>> to the <form tag you have, but also make sure
>> that the webbot comment following the <form>
>> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload" If it
>> doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload
>> form field, and reinsert it Insert->Form->File
>> Upload
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>>

>> threademporium expressed precisely :
>>> Found the HTML code it is as follows
>>> <form method="POST"
>>> action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
>>> onsubmit="location.href='_derived/nortbots.htm';return
>>> false;"  language="JavaScript"
>>> name="FrontPage_Form1"
>>> webbot-onSubmit="return
>>> FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">
>>
>>> Am I replace this code with the code you gave

0
Ronx
4/19/2010 10:29:58 AM
OK - I have added the HTMl and check the webbot comment - Old error message
has gone to be replaced with a new one which is as follows

Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page:
"http://icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm"

I have selected the folder on the webiste for the form information to go to
as _private - I also notice a new folder has appeared in my folder called "
_customer_uploaded_images - I have double checked with my server provider and
they do have FP extensions

"Ronx" wrote:

> The order of attributes in a HTML tag is not important, so in this case:
> <form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="...and so on... >
> will be OK.
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>

> After serious thinking threademporium wrote :
> > Thank you for your reply
> > Can i add     enctype="multipart/form-data"
> > anywhere in the form tag - I  do not have any
> > HTML skills and lack confidence- sorry to be a
> > pain
>
> > Joyce
>
> > "Ronx" wrote:
>
> >> Add
> >> enctype="multipart/form-data"
> >> to the <form tag you have, but also make sure
> >> that the webbot comment following the <form>
> >> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload" If it
> >> doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload
> >> form field, and reinsert it Insert->Form->File
> >> Upload
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ron Symonds
> >> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
> >>

> >> threademporium expressed precisely :

> >> .
> >>

> .

Supplementery to last message - I have checked in my _private folder that I
have the follwing file form_results.csv but I dot have form_results.txt

"Ronx" wrote:

> The order of attributes in a HTML tag is not important, so in this case:
> <form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="...and so on... >
> will be OK.
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>

> After serious thinking threademporium wrote :
> > Thank you for your reply
> > Can i add     enctype="multipart/form-data"
> > anywhere in the form tag - I  do not have any
> > HTML skills and lack confidence- sorry to be a
> > pain
>
> > Joyce
>
> > "Ronx" wrote:
>
> >> Add
> >> enctype="multipart/form-data"
> >> to the <form tag you have, but also make sure
> >> that the webbot comment following the <form>
> >> tag starts <!--webbot bot="FileUpload" If it
> >> doesn't, then remove the existing file-upload
> >> form field, and reinsert it Insert->Form->File
> >> Upload
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ron Symonds
> >> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
> >>

> >> threademporium expressed precisely :

> >> .
> >>

> .

My webbot code looks alot different to the lines you have suggested - to
start with i have about 4 times as much!
<!--webbot bot="FileUpload" startspan S-Builtin-Fields
S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE" S-Email-Address="helpdesk@icingpictures.co.uk"
B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE" B-Email-Subject-From-Field="FALSE"
S-Email-Subject="Online Order Form - Icing Pictures" S-Destination S-Category
S-Assignedto S-ReviewStatus B-Process-MetaInfo="FALSE" --><!--webbot
bot="FileUpload" endspan -->

also i cannot find a folder called"my folder" in my website folder list -
noticed this reference in the webbot code you have put forward.

Thanks for helping me with this

Joyce

"threademporium" wrote:

> OK - I have added the HTMl and check the webbot comment - Old error message
> has gone to be replaced with a new one which is as follows
>
> Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on this page:
> "http://icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm"
>
> I have selected the folder on the webiste for the form information to go to
> as _private - I also notice a new folder has appeared in my folder called "
> _customer_uploaded_images - I have double checked with my server provider and
> they do have FP extensions
>
> Thank you for taking a look at my question
>
> "Ronx" wrote:
>
> > The order of attributes in a HTML tag is not important, so in this case:
> > <form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" action="...and so on... >
> > will be OK.
> > --
> > Ron Symonds
> > Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> > http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
> >

> > After serious thinking threademporium wrote :
> > > Thank you for your reply
> > > Can i add     enctype="multipart/form-data"
> > > anywhere in the form tag - I  do not have any
> > > HTML skills and lack confidence- sorry to be a
> > > pain
> >
> > > Joyce

> > .

"myfolder" is an example - this should be replaced with the folder you have designated for the uploaded files.

Since S-Display is empty I suggest you remove the upload form fields and replace them.  This should prompt for a folder to upload the files to, and set a value for S-Destination in the webbot.

The other parts of the webbot that I have not mentioned are mainly to deal with the emailing of the form data. The image uploaded file will NOT be emailed with the data

I have never used the FrontPage upload feature, prefering asp.NET components, and no longer have a server with FrontPage extensions (hosts are dropping the extensions since they are not supported.)

If the form still has problems, then there are some other _possible_ problems:

1) Multiple upload fields - Try the form with just one field to see if that is the problem.
2) Email - try removing the email from the form. If you do this, you will have to specify a file for the form results to gom to - the default is _private/form_results.csv or _private/form_results.txt depending on the format chosen for the results.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

It happens that threademporium formulated :
> My webbot code looks alot different to the
> lines you have suggested - to  start with i
> have about 4 times as much! <!--webbot
> bot="FileUpload" startspan S-Builtin-Fields
> S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE"
> S-Email-Address="helpdesk@icingpictures.co.uk"
> B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE"
> B-Email-Subject-From-Field="FALSE"
> S-Email-Subject="Online Order Form - Icing
> Pictures" S-Destination S-Category
> S-Assignedto S-ReviewStatus
> B-Process-MetaInfo="FALSE" --><!--webbot
> bot="FileUpload" endspan -->

> also i cannot find a folder called"my folder"
> in my website folder list -  noticed this
> reference in the webbot code you have put
> forward.

> Thanks for helping me with this

> Joyce

> "threademporium" wrote:

>> OK - I have added the HTMl and check the
>> webbot comment - Old error message  has gone
>> to be replaced with a new one which is as
>> follows
>>
>> Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on
>> this page:
>> "http://icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm"
>>
>> I have selected the folder on the webiste for
>> the form information to go to  as _private - I
>> also notice a new folder has appeared in my
>> folder called "  _customer_uploaded_images - I
>> have double checked with my server provider
>> and  they do have FP extensions
>>
>> Thank you for taking a look at my question
>>
>> "Ronx" wrote:
>>
>>> The order of attributes in a HTML tag is not
>>> important, so in this case: <form
>>> enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST"
>>> action="...and so on... > will be OK. --
>>> Ron Symonds
>>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

>>> .

0
Ronx
4/19/2010 4:08:08 PM
I tried a new simple one element upload form - it did prompt for the _private
folder - form_text.csv file - however my website asked moe for a user name
and password in order to submit the form - my customers cannot know this
information - so how can i authorise my site to accept information from
strangers?

Joyce

"Ronx" wrote:

> "myfolder" is an example - this should be replaced with the folder you have designated for the uploaded files.
>
> Since S-Display is empty I suggest you remove the upload form fields and replace them.  This should prompt for a folder to upload the files to, and set a value for S-Destination in the webbot.
>
> The other parts of the webbot that I have not mentioned are mainly to deal with the emailing of the form data. The image uploaded file will NOT be emailed with the data
>
> I have never used the FrontPage upload feature, prefering asp.NET components, and no longer have a server with FrontPage extensions (hosts are dropping the extensions since they are not supported.)
>
> If the form still has problems, then there are some other _possible_ problems:
>
> 1) Multiple upload fields - Try the form with just one field to see if that is the problem.
> 2) Email - try removing the email from the form. If you do this, you will have to specify a file for the form results to gom to - the default is _private/form_results.csv or _private/form_results.txt depending on the format chosen for the results.
>
> --
> Ron Symonds
> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>

> It happens that threademporium formulated :
> > My webbot code looks alot different to the
> > lines you have suggested - to  start with i
> > have about 4 times as much! <!--webbot
> > bot="FileUpload" startspan S-Builtin-Fields
> > S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE"
> > S-Email-Address="helpdesk@icingpictures.co.uk"
> > B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE"
> > B-Email-Subject-From-Field="FALSE"
> > S-Email-Subject="Online Order Form - Icing
> > Pictures" S-Destination S-Category
> > S-Assignedto S-ReviewStatus
> > B-Process-MetaInfo="FALSE" --><!--webbot
> > bot="FileUpload" endspan -->
>
> > also i cannot find a folder called"my folder"
> > in my website folder list -  noticed this
> > reference in the webbot code you have put
> > forward.
>
> > Thanks for helping me with this
>
> > Joyce
>
> > "threademporium" wrote:
>
> >> OK - I have added the HTMl and check the
> >> webbot comment - Old error message  has gone
> >> to be replaced with a new one which is as
> >> follows
> >>
> >> Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on
> >> this page:
> >> "http://icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm"
> >>
> >> I have selected the folder on the webiste for
> >> the form information to go to  as _private - I
> >> also notice a new folder has appeared in my
> >> folder called "  _customer_uploaded_images - I
> >> have double checked with my server provider
> >> and  they do have FP extensions
> >>
> >> Thank you for taking a look at my question

> .

The _private folder should allow the results file to be updated by the extensions without prompting for a username/password.  However, the destination folder for file uploads is another matter.
The upload destination folder can be set to allow anonymous uploads by the following procedure:

Open the website in FrontPage   - this is the site on the server, not on your PC.
Right click the upload destination folder and choose Properties
Clear the checkbox "Allow scripts to be run"
Tick the checkbox "Allow anonymous uploads to this directory"
Optionally, tick the chaeckbox "Allow uploaded files to overwrite existing filenames"
Click OK
If the last two check boxes above are unavailable after clearing the first your host either does not allow anonymous uploads, or will have to set the permissions theirselves.

My testing indicates that, on a Windows server, email and file uploads can be used together without any problems.
Multiple upload fields also can be used. The file data is stored in the text file used for the form in the _private folder, and included in theemail - though the images themselves are only stored on the server.

Whether the file upload component works on a Unix (or Linux) server I do not know - server extensions for Unix were discontinued 5 years ago, though some hosts still support them.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

threademporium used his keyboard to write :
> I tried a new simple one element upload form -
> it did prompt for the _private  folder -
> form_text.csv file - however my website asked
> moe for a user name  and password in order to
> submit the form - my customers cannot know this
>  information - so how can i authorise my site
> to accept information from  strangers?

> Joyce

> "threademporium" wrote:

>> My webbot code looks alot different to the
>> lines you have suggested - to  start with i
>> have about 4 times as much! <!--webbot
>> bot="FileUpload" startspan S-Builtin-Fields
>> S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE"
>> S-Email-Address="helpdesk@icingpictures.co.uk"
>>  B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE"
>> B-Email-Subject-From-Field="FALSE"
>> S-Email-Subject="Online Order Form - Icing
>> Pictures" S-Destination S-Category
>> S-Assignedto S-ReviewStatus
>> B-Process-MetaInfo="FALSE" --><!--webbot
>> bot="FileUpload" endspan -->
>>
>> also i cannot find a folder called"my folder"
>> in my website folder list -  noticed this
>> reference in the webbot code you have put
>> forward.
>>
>> Thanks for helping me with this
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> "threademporium" wrote:
>>
>>> OK - I have added the HTMl and check the
>>> webbot comment - Old error message  has gone
>>> to be replaced with a new one which is as
>>> follows
>>>
>>> Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on
>>> this page:
>>> "http://icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm"
>>>
>>> I have selected the folder on the webiste for
>>> the form information to go to  as _private -
>>> I also notice a new folder has appeared in my
>>> folder called "  _customer_uploaded_images -
>>> I have double checked with my server provider
>>> and  they do have FP extensions
>>>
>>> Thank you for taking a look at my question

0
Ronx

DataSet/XmlSchema/DataGrid Framework 1.1
Hi, I have a problem with reading an XmlSchema with Frameowk 2.0 and an own DataType. I found no example (searching two days). What I do is: DataSet dataSet = new DataSet(); dataSet.ReadXml("{path}/MySchemaAndData.xml"); dataView = dataSet.Tables[0]; dataGridView.DataSource = dataView; Easy with Framework 1.1 (VisualStudio 2003). Everything is working fine. Now with rameowrk 2.0 I get one error after another, maybe someone can help me solve the problem, knows a link or what ever. I'm really despairing. If need, i can write more information, what i tried unsuccesfully for th...

COM add in problem
Hi I am starting to write a VB6 dll add in for RMS. Im following the instructions for the Customisation Guide. Im creating an ActiveX Dll and adding a function in a public class called Process. My Process class I have taken from the guide and is as follows Public Function Process(Optional mySession As Object) As Boolean If MsgBox("The current cashier is " & mySession.Cashier.Name & ".") Then Process = True Else Process = False End If End Function I register my dll and add the registry data as follows: DLL Name: MeProject.dll Clas...

form field validation
Does anyone know where I can find information - or examples - on how to add validation to fields that FrontPage doesn't include, such as no special characters, no commas, requiring an @ for email addesses, etc. Adela "Adela D" <AdelaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD2289DF-4961-4C03-8B46-04B8E3869A29@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where I can find information - or examples - on how to > add > validation to fields that FrontPage doesn't include, such as no special > characters, no commas, requiring an @ for email addesses...

CAsyncSocket OnRecive Problem
Hello , I am writing simple server , i derived a class from CAsyncSocket and overrided OnAccept and OnRecive. this is the code void AsyncSock::OnReceive(int nErrorCode) { CString m_strRecv; CString strData; LPTSTR szstr=strData.GetBuffer(256); memset(szstr,0,256); int nRead; nRead = Receive( szstr,sizeof(szstr),0 ); switch (nRead) { case 0: Close(); break; case SOCKET_ERROR: if (GetLastError() != WSAEWOULDBLOCK) { AfxMessageBox ("Error occurred"); Close(); } ...

Help requested with a Vista problem
A friend has a problem with her computer. She is running a desktop badged as 'Acer' using Windows Vista Business. When she tries to log on to her account (set with administrator privilidges) she gets the following message 'group policy client service failed to logon Access denied' The system then loops back to the logon screen. I have already spent some time 'googling' this issue and have some possible solutions as it seems to be caused by a coruption in the user profile. My reason for posting here is to see if anyone else has experienced the sa...

Fill Colour problem
Hi, I've got a spreadsheet that has conditional formatting so the the fill colour of a cell goes Red, 'Amber' or Green dependant on the outcome of certain formulae. The formulae work fine but the 'amber' colour turns brown if I have 2 different spreadsheets open or if someone opens the file on a different machine. Any ideas whats causing this? This should not happen unless formulas refer to the other sheet. Pl. share the formula... "Sulli" wrote: > Hi, > > I've got a spreadsheet that has conditional formatting so the the fill...

Stock Quote Problem
Help. I copy money files from my wife's computer over our local network to my computer. Using this file, I can perform all of the Money functions on my computer except one: I cannot update the stock quotes online. Message: "Money was unable to connect to the online quotes server. Check your internet connection ..." All other e-mail and internet accesses work fine." Bob Fleck In microsoft.public.money, Bob Fleck wrote: >Help. I copy money files from my wife's computer over our local network to >my computer. Using this file, I can perform all of the Money fun...

Commision formula problem
Here's what Im trying to do, and Im not having any luck. I need t create a 4 teir commision plan in excel based on the profit margin % which I show in the spread sheet. to that profit margin % I need t apply the appropriate rate. Here are the rates... <5% Margin Apply 9% Rate >5% Margin <12% Margin Apply 18% Rate >12% Margin < 25% Margin Apply 28% rate > 25% Margin Apply 34% rate I can't seem to get the if/then to recognise all the rates, I obvioulsy doing something wrong... HELP, I have to run Payroll tomorrow!! Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelF...

Receiving problem
I cannot recieve messages using Outlook 2003. I can see the messages on Comcast's server but when I hit send and receive I get the following message "Task'mail.comcast.net-receiving' reported (0X800421OE: Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR box locked'" Comcast has told me it is a software problem. Any ideas. Thanks. I have the same problem, as it appears do many others from their listings in various news groups. I've enabl...

Iframe problem
I created an Iframe that loads an external website on the account form. When opening an account the user is prompted to authenticate. I am passing variables to Iframe and the iframe page works fine if I click cancel. The authentication is triggered by crm not the iframe page. Also I have copied the iframe url to browser and do not get the authentication box. Try to uncheck retrict cross-frame scripting box in the Iframe property to see if it solves your problem. Darren Liu, CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm On Oct 10, 9:09 am, Tr...

problems with downloading CC transactions
I have a CC that I've used for a few years, which I pay off every month. I have never included this in my Money file and I've been using Money for 2 years. I was using a Cash account, and transferring my 'credit card payments' to the cash account, and then 'spending' cash in that account that were actually what i charged on the account. Well, obviously, this is getting tough because we are using the card for more every day things (groceries, gas, bills, etc). So I want to start downloading the statements from my CC. However, the first time I do it, it downloads...

Problem installing office 2007 Ultimate
I have Widows Vista, I'm trying to install Office 2007 Ultimate and it give me error " Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible." Is any other version of Office installed, or a trial version? "Yuri" <Yuri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB44BFA5-AFA1-4FED-A184-C90DAE4954BA@microsoft.com... >I have Widows Vista, I'm trying to install Office 2007 Ultimate and it give > me error > " Error 1712. One or more of the...

RBC Dain Rauscher
I was able to download from my RBC account when I had Money 2005. I upgraded to Money Plus and and receiving the following error message: [ofx.unsupportedClient Application] Client application or version is not supported by this server I called RBC who said to call Microsoft. Any ideas on what could be wrong? On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:51:01 -0700, Greathusky wrote: > I was able to download from my RBC account when I had Money 2005. I > upgraded to Money Plus and and receiving the following error message: > > [ofx.unsupportedClient Application] Client application or version is ...

CString and CRLF problem
Hi guys, I'm trying to make a little program that will take a text file and convert the whole thing to a single line. Here is what I am doing: CString string // fill the string with my text file string.Replace("\r\n","\n"); // to be safe in case it was Unix string.Replace("\n","\r\n"); // make them all Windows style string.Replace("\r\n",""); // get rid of the line breaks string.Replace("\t",""); // kill the tabs while I'm at it string+="\r\n"; // add a line break at the very end Well, I s...

Re-Post-Refreshing Form with Multiple Forms and Fields
Would anyone be able to assist with this challenge. Thank you. I have a main screen form that allows entry to start from that location. It has four subforms and some other fields that are picked from other locations to filter the record. My challenge is it does not Refresh right away. I have tried putting Refresh and Repaint etc in the main form code but it still doesn't refresh. I put a Refresh button on it and that works but it's slow. Can anyone tell me what would be a more efficient method to get this screen to refresh right away. Thank you, Refresh and Repaint are n...

DateAdd problem
i want to calculate and end date for a lease term pretty easy =DateAdd("yyyy",+[Term],[StartDate]) so my start date is 01/07/09 and my term is 1 year so my end date is 01/07/10 trouble is, what it should be is 30/06/10 my question is how do i get the above formula to deduct one day to get the correct date? -- deb =DateAdd("yyyy",+[Term],[StartDate]) - 1 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "deb" ...

Chart problem in template
Hi, I have a template that has a chart in it. The chart has 4 data series, a left y axis and a right y axis. I am trying to set the 3rd series to plot against the left y axis however it will only plot against the right axis. WHen the report is ran based on the template, I can see the series in the Chart toolboar and can change the series axis in there. However, I need the template to default to the left axis for that series. Only 2 out of the 4 series are showing in the Chart toolbar object list when viewing it in the template. I have tried to get at this through code however, the series 3 ...

Word Attachment problem
Have a network of PC's with MS Office of various flavours, drawing Email from Exchange Server. On one PC, have had an ongoing problem with Word attachments. PC has ben reformatted, permissions opened up to Admin, Office upgraded, from 2000 through XP to 2003 all with the same result. When you double click on a Word attachment and chosse to open it, you get a 'Serious error' report with the option to restart Word. Sometimes this works other times it just loops through the same. The latest update to Office 2003, when using the 'Send Report' and then using the diagnosis fro...

Big Problem #2
Hi, Can any one tell me. Whem a User Edits an Excel file from centralised folder from server, one file is created in that centralised folder on server and it is temp file. Why it is created on the server, but not on the perticular users machine? Please give me the required help. Vivek khorate. When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension) in the same folder. If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will rename...

I need to export data from Ms Access form to a text file.
I have a form from which I want to export data using a button to a text file. The form contains data from two separate tables and I need the data on a single text file. Please help with the code on the button. Any help with the coding will be appreciated See help on: TransferText -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bright" <bnthemba@webmail.co.za> wrote in message news:1151498021.469421.97370@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com... >I h...

Cd Burning Problems
I am trying to burn a few songs to an Audio CD-R in Windows Media, I have added them to the burn list, however the start burn button at the bottom of the pane does not light up for me to click it to actually start the burn.... Am i missing a step? This worked for me in the past and now i am ver confused? "betty" wrote: > I am trying to burn a few songs to an Audio CD-R in Windows Media, I have > added them to the burn list, however the start burn button at the bottom of > the pane does not light up for me to click it to actually start the burn.... &...

! DR test problems
Okay, I am knee deep in a Disaster Recovery test and the AD guy has just informed me that there is no Global Catalog and it looks like he cannot rebuild. I am supposed to recover an Exchange 2003 database that contains about 200 users for this test and I cannot do because it looks like AD will be useless to me (currently no one can log into the domain). My question is this: can I restore the Exchange 2003 database and use some utility to recreate users and their attributes in a new domain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know it is a test but it is important for performance...

Receipt printing problems in MRMS POS
Hi, We are using Wincor-Nixdorf Beetle XL/II POS system with thier TH200 Thermal printer. We have also configured all the peripharals using whincor-nixdorf opos drivers. When I'm changing the dip switch setting in the printer the receipt prints correctly without any problems, But as soon as I log out of POS and log in again the receipt doesnt print correctly. It prints with too many character spacing due to which every line prints on 2 lines. so the length of te invoice is too long. Could you suggest me on this as to how to rectify this problem. -- IT Team, Spinneys Abu Dhabi L.L.C ...

Combo box on user form
How can I get the correspondin record when I have the first field only in the combo box? Thanks ...

ASSERT problem in CWnd::DestroyWindow within a DLL
Hello, I've got a regular DLL (let's call A) with a custom control in it. This control uses a ToolTip control. I've got another regular DLL (let's call B) that contains a doc/view (the view is derived from CFormView and it has a CPropertySheet in it) to be imported from an App. I managed to import the doc/view template into the App and create new documents based on that template. In one of the property pages of the property sheet within the view there is an instance of the custom control contained in DLL A. The problem appears when the property page is destroyed (when closi...