upload form problem / server question

www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003

Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum
that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server
with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page
extensions - do i need to change to a windows server?

Thanks for taking a looka t my question.

Joyce
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
:
: Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum
: that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type
server
: with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page
: extensions - do i need to change to a windows server?
:
: Thanks for taking a looka t my question.
:
: Joyce

0
Tom

Problem adding new record in form view
Hi there, I have inherited an acccess database and have had to do some troubleshooting on an error message which is now sorted out. I now am unable to add a new record in form view, however if I enter the information directly into the table there is no problem. Please could you help with what might be going wrong? Thanks -- Snoozi Suzi Open the form in design view. Open the properties window for the form. Is the Allow Additions property set to yes? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "SnooziSuzi" <SnooziSuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

CListCtrl with owner data and tooltip missing problem
I've a CListView derived class with owner data style and report view. My tooltip gets displayed and then overdrawn repeatedly. Traces in my lvn_getdispinfo and ttn_needtext handlers get called repeatedly. Are there known problems with tooltips and owner data? Any Ideas? Thanks, Jeff F ...

Excel 2007: Problem with refresh screen (when minimizied)
Hello On our network (around 40 workstations; Win XP Pro and Office 2007) we have particular the following problem: The user minimized the Excel programm window and do some other works in other applications, return to the minimized Excel window and want to maximize the Excel window. Result: The Excel window is empty. You can paricular see some rows or colums but often not. We try out also other graphic card but get no success. Any ideas? Kind regards, Martin Schweizer ...

More line number questions
As in the previous post, I have constructed the queries, referenced the LastDayInMonth field however I am still struggling with how to report only the records for the FirstDayMonth entered. If I use any criteria in the query on the actual ExpenseDate either matching the month or using between two dates, the query only returns the actual number of records and none of the records where the dates are empty. So if there are 10 actual days with data then only those 10 show regardless of the number of days in the month. I hope that I am stating the problem clearly. The only solution I ha...

Moving Average Question? Help
I'm creating a spreadsheet to track averages for a golf league. Th scores for an individual will be enetered across a row such a (A1:A50). Each column will represent a week. I need a formula tha will calculate the average of the last 10 weeks played. Some week will be blank if that person missed a week. So I need it to ignor zero, however, still count back to the last 10 played. Note: A1:A1 will be the last 10 played last year...so the formula will start i A11 -- gillem ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gillemi's Profile: http://www.excelf...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

Exchange Server Removal
I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr 2003 in it's own admin group, all in one Exchange Org. I want to remove 1 of the servers and it's admin group. Do I just uninstall the Exchange Svr software on the desired server and then remove that admin group from another Exchange Svr manager...? If so, and advice to make it go smooth...? Thanks, Tom... On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:10:51 -0400, "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr ...

deliver mail from othe exchange server
how can i deliver my message from a non exchange server working in non trusted domain that has a connection to internet :messages coming from Internet and our exchange 2003 hasnot connection to internet it just has aconnection to exchange 2000 that has a internet connection best regards Linda Configure relay server. See http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=relay+smtp&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=true&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=13&y=1 using certificate wrote: > how can i del...

Problems
When i try and log onto Money deluxe 2004 it requires me to get online everytime - there used to be a button that let me skup that option, but now it is gone. I heard you have to download something to fix that but dont know where to go. I also always press "remember my passwords" but everytime i have to enter it. Is this part of the same problem or a different one? I have never been here before so i am sure these will be very simple questions to some of you but i am grateful for your time and would really appreciate any help. thanks again. Matthew - skyvend@aol.com I...

Problems with downloading from bank site
My Money file was up-to-date when my XP computer crashed. The new computer is Vista. Trying to recover with a backup that was three weeks old, I down loaded what I thought were the transactions I missed. Unfortunately, there were about $2,000 worth of transactions missed. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, John In microsoft.public.money, vinturella wrote: >My Money file was up-to-date when my XP computer crashed. The new computer is >Vista. Trying to recover with a backup that was three weeks old, I down >loaded what I thought were the transactions I missed. Unfortunately, t...

Working offline, but no exchange server to go online with.
Hi, I use: Win XP SP2, Office 2003, SP 2. I started to create an Exchange Server account but shortly after, deleted it. Since then, I get an "Offline" icon in the right lower corner of the Also, when I try to use Rules and Alerts, I get the message: "You are currently working offline. To use this command, you must go online and connect to the Exchange Server." I do not have Exchange Server. There is no choice to go online in File Menu either. Any help would be appreciated. Create a new mail profile in Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. = Configure it with...

Problems during Outlook 2003 start
Greetings to Everybody I've a problem during the start of Outlook 2003: Last week I've installed and removed the program Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. Now everytime that I start outlook appears an error message about the impossibility to found a DLL called Out97.dll placed in the folde c:\programmi\mobile phone tools. In the error message is written to try to use the option "Rileva Problemi e ripristina" in the menu ?(English translation is about Find Problems and reset" but I don't think that in the English version of Outlook the menu is called like this) but if I ch...

What happened to the New Form Dialog box; are there still autoform

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

Windows 7 Mail problem 12-08-09
Using Windows 7 Professional with a Gmail account. I installed Windows Live Mail and it works - but. Whenever I Sync (F5) it takes a long time and sometimes indicates the server is not connected too. Do I want to wait and I answer yes - then it proceeds VERY SLOWLY? Is there a problem with Google Gmail and Syncing mail? Is there something I missed in the setup? thx You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/...

Problems running Duplicate Detection in CRM 4.0 in web interface
When I click on Workplace -> Duplicate Detection, I receive the following error: "Error: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organizations's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Duplicate detection is enabled and there are several duplication rules that have also been created. Those rules also can be published without error. In researching this error, the only thing I can find that has been suggested is that there i...

Tab order on form issue
<sigh> This is frustrating me. I'm sure the answer is simple, but I can't find it. Bear with me. I have a form with non-ActiveX fields in Word 2003. FieldA is a drop-down and based on the choice (with an OnExit macro), fields after FieldA become either enabled or disabled. Let's say I have text field FieldA_1A and dropdown FieldA_2A. Depending on my choice in FieldA, one or the other of those two are enabled. Both are disabled to start (you must choose something from FieldA to enable the appropriate field. My problem is that when I tab out, FieldB (which ...

Bank Reconciliation problem/question
In working on the reconciliation we've run across several transactions in the bank reconciliation screen that, in fact, are in a different checkbook than the one being reconcilied. As an example, we were reconciling our JPMorganChase bank account and one of the deposits listed in the screen is number 00000000000000000021 for $127,024.77 dated 2/22/06. However, this deposit, when zoomed in on, is actually in another of our checkbooks. It doesn't show up in the checkbook inquiry for Chase nor did it hit the g/l account associated with the Chase checkbook. There was a deposit wit...

Printing problem on a terminal server
Hi, I created an application that does some printing with MFC (7.1). When I do a print preview or I print, every thing works fine. However, when I try to do a print preview or if I try to print from within terminal server, then all the fonts are very small (they look like 1pt high). What am I doing wrong (or what should I do)? This is a sample of my code LOGFONT font; ::ZeroMemory(&font, sizeof(font)); _tcscpy(font.lfFaceName, _T("Courier New")); font.lfHeight = -MulDiv(75, pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSY), 2540); // 7.5 pts font.lfWidth = 0; font.lfEscapement = 0; font.lfOr...

newbie question
Hi, I just started using Money 2004 deluxe and to be honest this is the first time I use it so I have some basic questions that I tried to find answer without success. 1- I included a CC account, this is an old credit card and I don't know the starting balance of it, I just know the current balance. I downloaded the transactions from the bank and now I'm trying to balance it. What is the best way of doing it? I was trying to look for an option that let me especify the current balance and the software be capable of calculate the starting balance. 2- Last friday I downloaded a...

Calculation problem where a fixed charge is involved
Forgive me for asking guidance on something which is probably quite simple. I've set up a worksheet to calculate all the hidden costs of on-line auctions and it is the PayPal aspect that is giving me grief. PayPal charge me 3.4% + 20p per transaction. If I use: =SUM(B2*0.034+0.2)and C2 and D2 and so on... ....it obviously gives me the right answer but, if I just enter the formula at the beginning of posting sales and before any purchase or bid has been made, when I want a nil balance to show, this method shows 20p. How do I amend the formula for that aspect so that the 20p set c...

what exactly is the 'alias' for? and a few other related questions.
exchange 2000 sp3 on windows 2000 server sp4 When I make user accounts the username and email naming conventions differ. For example, username is firstname only and email address is first initial of first name followed by a '.' and then the last name. So as I create an account I enter the username, then when I get to the exchange part the username is pre-populated as the alias, which I change to our naming convention. The email address gets created according to the alias. example: username: joe alias: j.schmoe email: j.schmoe@domain.com (by default based on alias) I have never had a...

1099 form
Anyone knowwhere I can find a 1099 tax form template in either Excel or Word? try here http://www.help.net/irs_1000-1999.html "Joe" <jhneely@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:01c301c3926b$43dd5300$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone knowwhere I can find a 1099 tax form template in > either Excel or Word? http://home.mchsi.com/~taxcalculator/ HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. -----------------------------------------...

Please help me with a couple of VBA related Word questions... than
1. If a group of users have a common template installed on their machine, and they are all sent a document created with that template, is the appropriate corresponding template identified by its filename, or by its fully-qualified-folder-path-filename (which could be in different locations on different client machines), or something else? 2. Can VBA code be separated from the document and distributed separately from the document? 3. What's the best way of distributing changes to a VBA macro? Thank you for your help I do not have the facilities to the check a...

SMTP Connector Problems
If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that direct from the senders E-mail servers? "Mike" <thisisafakeaddress@yahoo.com> wrote: >If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails >forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that >direct from the senders E-mail servers? Mail may arrive directly from a transmitting server, or you may have your mail collected at the ISP and delivered to your server either when yu connect ...