upload form problem / server question

www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003

Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum
that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server
with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page
extensions - do i need to change to a windows server?

Thanks for taking a looka t my question.

Joyce
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
:
: Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum
: that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type
server
: with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page
: extensions - do i need to change to a windows server?
:
: Thanks for taking a looka t my question.
:
: Joyce

0
Tom

Active Directory problems/dcdiag
I have some problems when i do dcdiag. In the directory service I have a lot of Event IDs 1865, 1311, 1312. I tried a lot of articles on the MS Websites, but still can't figure out how to resolve the problem. We have two locations connected over the internet with two VPN servers. One of the sites has a slow 5MB DSL connection. Also notice the Time service error at the end. Any help is appreciated. Domain Controller Diagnosis Performing initial setup: Done gathering initial info. Doing initial required tests Testing server: Location1\MyServer1 Starting test: Connecti...

Problem with connecting automatically
I have a little problem with my Outlook. When I start the program it doesn't connect automatically anymore, I have to wait for about a minute. I've tried to change the setting in Tools>Option (General tab/Send recieve mail) but with no luck. ...

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Question regarding how to search a column and print a row(s)
Hello, I have a spreadsheet consisting of 15 columns and 100 rows. I would like to search a column for a specific string or based on some other criteria (e.g., > 150) and for columns meeting the desired criteria, I would like to print the entire row (all columns) within the same worksheet or on a new worksheet. Can this be done using one or more formulas but without getting into VB or fancy macros? Can this be done period? I'm looking for something that searches the column using the same or similar approach as the "sumif" function but instead of summing the specif...

need form template for excel
For the purchase and sale of real estate there is a standard "Settlement Statement" following the guidelines established by the U.S. department of Housing and Urban Development. This is a standard form with proratation and allocations. Perfect for and Excel worksheet. I don't see it on your site and wonder where I might get one. Last year I custom designed a complete set of closing forms for a client using only excel where all variables were entered on one sheet and automatically transferred to about 15 forms with ONE mouse click. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

Import Problems in Feb 2010
I am using Money 2006, I have 4 accounts that I import transactions to. Two regulary banking accounts work fine. Two credit accounts will no longer import transactions. Actually they import and the account shows there are items to review but the transactions are not visible in the account. I tried deleting the account and re-importing jan/feb but after importing jan, the feb items import ok and 19 items are listed for review but none of them are visible again. I tried deleting again and just imported Feb. A few items came in but not everything and then I could not import J...

MSCRM 3.0 importing Chinese character problem
Hi, I use MSCRM 3.0, when importing, found the original Chinese character be changed to odd code, how can I solve this problem? ...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

Changing password problem
my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas Eric Are your clients use exchange version of outlook or POP version of outlook? "Eric Graham" <egraham22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#Nl0C$$nEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their > computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 > and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas >...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with?
How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with? "DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uJRyKcbFIHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class > library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special > project type that I need to start with? > You can do it all "by hand" but there is a template "SQL Server project&...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

Cell Formating Problems
This is what I do: I open up a brand new worksheet. I format cell A1 to text. Then I enter the number 1 into it. Then I format the cell to Numeric and the 1 in the cell does not change. it stays as (left justified 1. If I delete the 1 and type a 1 into that cell and hit Enter, it become 1.00 (a number). Whats happening here??? Why doesn't it convert the 1 to a 1.00 when format the cell to numeric? Why do I have to re-enter the number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com brain It was originally entered as Text. Simply re-formatting doesn't change its underlying ...

What are the correct steps to configure RPC over HTTP for a single server, SBS 2003, environment?
I have a SBS 2003 single server domain and am attempting to configure RPC over HTTP, however, the options within the Exchange environment don't appear to make sense: 1) Front-end server -- by the provided description this is not the proper selection (there is no back-end server; there is no other server period), [additionally, this option is greyed out] 2) Back-end server -- by the same "logic" for why this cannot be a Front-end server, this selection doesn't seem to be the right choice either -- there is no other server taking on the Front-end server role. 3) This option is ...

Reply Problem #2
Can anyone tell me why when you REPLY to any email message, a number "7319" or equivalent appears in the "To" field? This just started happening to some systems with fresh installs of Office 2003/Windows XP. Thank you in advace... ...

Outlook 2003 Time problems
Hello, There are various emails that I receive that aren't getting the time marked correctly in Outlook even though my system time clock is set correctly. I check the time of the emails and there 1 hour behind. Any solutions? Is daylight savings time configured correctly? Also verify that this is set correctly for both the sender and the mail server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jessem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Serious Word Problem
Today my WORD 2007 suddenly refuses to recognize and open either doc or docx formatted files. With doc files I get the error message converter cannot open the document and it talks about converter file mswrd632.wpc needing to be removed and reinstalled. As for docx it says word can't read the information in the file. I am suspicious because of the large number of recent microsoft updates. Can anyone help with this? Hi, Many users are encountering this problem. See the "Known Issues" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 . -- Hope this helps, Pes...

Problems in viewing Report
Hi we have installed the SQL and CRM in 2 different servers, running on win 2003. I face a problem when viewing reports as it keeps popping up dialog box for username and password which when not given gives a "page cannot be displayed" error. can anybody let me know why the logon request for report section is prompted. I tried to fiddle around with report section datasource, by selecting various options and it works only when a AD user is given in the credential section, since the user's password is prone for expiry, it will be risky to give that option. This is because i...

Very strange laptop battery problem?
my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL and its about 7 months old. Whenever i would put my battery charger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge it when it's put on shutdown/sleep/hibernate the LED light (The lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way? -- gamobigz -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Win2008 R2 Hyper V problem
Hi, I have virtualised a win2003 server that has SQL server 2000 running on it. The parent OS, WIn2008R2, blows up intermittently with a BSOD when the VM is running. I have removed the empty SCSI device from the VM as I read that can cause the problem but it still blows up. Is there any chance that Hyper V can be made to run reliably or am I just wasting my time? Thanks Bob bob wrote: > Hi, > I have virtualised a win2003 server that has SQL server 2000 running > on it. > > The parent OS, WIn2008R2, blows up intermittently with a BSOD when > the...

Advanced Find Question 11-13-07
Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Query / Window? I would like to remove them as possible entities to "search" against. Thanks in advance, Hi, That is not possible. I assume if some user dont have read rights on some entity then it will not appear in Advance Find. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant My Email :: imumar at gmail dot com My Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "CPW" wrote: > Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Que...

Add Movie to Outlook E-Mail Message via "Web Tools" toolbar--question
Using Outlook 2003 (in fact all of Microsoft Office 2003), and have Word selected as e-mail editor. Windows XP Pro with all updates. Recently I discovered on the Office web site a way to insert a movie (inline) to an e-mail message. I have one question about its implementation. If (in an HTML-formatted e-mail, and Word selected as e-mail editor) with the cursor in the body of the message, you click on "View", "Toolbars", you can select a toolbar called "Web Tools". On that is an icon that says "Movie". If you click on it you can add a movie to the e-ma...

Forward mail through other smtp server.
I have exchange 2003 with sp1. My ISP started blocking port 25 and forcing me to send mail through thier server. Is there any way I can send my exchange mail through their server or curcomvent thier port 25 rule? Thanks Eric On your Internet Mail Connector forward your mail to their server instead of using DNS (aka smarthost) Greetings Hans http://fots.nl "Eric" <ericsweb@madison.tds.net> wrote in message news:fffd36e5.0411240934.9b56ee2@posting.google.com... >I have exchange 2003 with sp1. My ISP started blocking port 25 and > forcing me to send mail through th...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...