Updated page won't hold formatting after publishing

I've downloaded my site to my hard drive to update pages to my site.  They
look great on my hard drive.  I save and then copy to the server to publish.

When I look at the page online, I find it didn't hold any of the page
formatting from the site.  it only shows the text on a blank white page.  My
files are going from 14k when I update them to 5 k after saving.

am I doing something wrong?  is it a glitch in my Frontpage 2003 software?
many thanks in advance
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

conditional formatting
I want to format column I (highlight cell) under the following condition the value in same row column F is > 0 and the cell in column I is empty. I have put the following code in the formula bar for conditional formatting and I'm getting an error. How do I fix the problem? First I select column I, and then I select conditional formatting. Then I change "cell value is" to "formula" and enter the following in the formula box. =F1>0 and I1 = "" When I click OK, I get an error. What is the error? Place the cursor in I1 cell and pres...

Publisher
Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from happening? Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in print preview? What version Publisher? Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F995943A-B6A5-4B6B-...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

Duplication of same page in same window. How to reverse?
Have duplication of one page in window. How can I return to single page display in window? Thanks - On Jan 11, 11:32=A0pm, Questions. I've got questions...... <Questions. I've got questions......@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have duplication of one page in window. =A0How can I return to single pag= e > display in window? > Thanks - Click on the bar between the two halves and drag it up to the top (or down to the bottom) of the window. Or, if this is Word 2003 or earlier, use Window | Remove Split. Or, if you are using Side by Side windows, cli...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

SQL update.
Hi NG. I have a: Table_1 Query_1 Query_2 Report_1 Form_1 Module_1 with 1 macro. In my Formula_1 I have a ButtonA to activate Module_1 where I Delete all records in Table_1 and import a txt-file to Table_1. With ButtonB I can activate Report_1. Next to this Button I want count from Query_2. Query_2 (Count records in Table_1 (by using Query_1) and is also for Excel): SELECT Count(Ellos_SE_Alm_Q.Postby) AS SE_Alm FROM Ellos_SE_Alm_Q; I have Query_2 as a SUBform in Form_1. My problem is that I must close/open Form_1 for update and that is annoying. I do hope for a...

kill formatting brought over from reports
When I export a report from various sources (crystal reports or an Access Database that has an option to send to Excel), the worksheet format buttons stop working, or work erratically depending on something that must be coming over. Also, sometimes I get a sheet sent to me from someone who has done weird formatting, and it overrides my buttons (where the $ sign button produces some custom symbol, for example). I can copy the detail and paste to another worksheet, where the buttons will work, but is there a way to tell Excel to ignore this type of menu change when it receives a spreadsh...

Incompatible file format.
Have been using Money for years and have Money Deluxe 2007 installed on both my home (Vista) machine and my notebook (XP) machine. Problem is when I go on the road and take my Money file with me, my XP machine says that the file is incompatible and was created with a newer or updated version of Money. Both machines have the same version and are both include the latest updates. What gives? Did Microsoft create something in Vista that precludes using the Money file under any other operating system? I may have to switch to Quicken or even a Linux version if they keep this up.............

GP Update Company
I receive this error in GP utilities after upgrading from GP 8.0 to GP 10.0, SP4 on SQL Server 2005. Interestingly the update goes seamlessly for another company. The error seems to be associated with professional services tools library. The following SQL statement produced an error: create procedure dbo.taFSRMALineLot @I_vReturn_Record_Type smallint, @I_vRETDOCID char(15), @I_vLNSEQNBR numeric(19,5) = 0, @I_vQTYTYPE smallint = 1, @I_vSERLTQTY numeric(19,5) = 1, @I_vITEMNMBR char(31) = null, @I_vLOTNUMBR char(21) = null, @I_vLOCNCODE char(11) = null, @I_vSLTSQNUM inte...

Macro to update information if date changes
using Exel 2000.. I want excel to compare dates on two seperate worksheets and if the date on the first is greater than the second to insert rows and than copy cells on the second to different cells also on the second page. ie..main sheet date is 11-05-08 compared to sheet2 date is 11-04-08...insert cells at a21:d21 and shift cells down (on sheet2) then copy cells b13:h13 to a21:b21 The description seems a bit inconsistent, but here is a shot With Worksheets("Main Sheet") If .Range("A1").Value > Worksheets("Second Sheet").Range("A1&q...

Vision and Web page?
Hi I am new to Visio. However, I am working on a Org Chart. This org chart maybe will go up on department web page. I want to know if I use the "Custom Properties" on the org chart, will this feature also be available on the web version? Thank you. ...

How do I extract text from a consecutive run of 15 pgs in Publishe
The original text was pasted in from a document. Now I want to extract the text to a Word document again so that I can get someone else to update it. 2007 If the text boxes are connected, you could try Edit | Edit Story in Word -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Suebriquet" <Suebriquet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CB7416-D6DB-4047-B8A6-AB811624E37C@microsoft.com... > The original text was pasted in from a document. Now I want to extract the > text to a Word document again so that I can get someone else to update...

Update Charts X-axis
I have a program with 76 charts. They all use the same range to get their x-axis (dates). At the first of every month, I change the dates to show the upcoming month. The table shows the entire year, but we just view it one month (fiscal) at a time. The series is by rows, but could be changed to columns if necessary. I inherited this program. Currently I have to update each one of them manually (click on each and change their XValues). Is there a way I can update all of them at one time? Could vba be used to select and update each chart with me just selecting the range? I am no stranger...

portrait page number on a landscape page-HELP...
Hello I am typing my thesis. I have a few Excel pages that I have set up as landscape. University formatting requires the page numbers to be consistently placed in the printed hardcopy. Therefore, I need to move the page numbers on those landscape pages to match those on portrait layout pages. Is this possible in Excel 2000? Thanks and appreciate any help you can offer If you're using Word, check out http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm In article <04cd01c3add8$5b6b3680$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "sunita_reddy@netzer.com" <anonymous@disc...

different number format
Hi, this is probably an easy question but I am at a loss been an excel newbie. I have XP with my local regional settings, where the number format is 1.000,29 (onethousand and 29/100) on a specific excel sheet I need to revert these settings, in order to paste a large amount of data 1000.29 (onethousand and 29/100) anybody can suggest how to do this? TIA Hi Daniele, I think you shouldn't change your setting, paste the data and then use the code below to fix the numbers: Sub TextToNumberOnActiveColumn() Dim r As Integer Dim c As Range r = ActiveCell.EntireColumn.Range(&qu...

how do I add music to my web page
I'm a new publisher user and want to add music to my web page to create some atmosphere , cant figure out how to do this , can anyone help??? Go to Format > Background > Background Sound. But...think three times before you do this. Many to most people are alienated by background music, and you will alienate those viewers, and drive them away from your site. In the future, please post your web related questions to the web group: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and we will try to help you there. Thanks. DavidF "foamdancer" <foamdancer@discussions.microsoft.com&...

what does it mean "Publisher cannot create a temporary working fil
I AM USING PUBLISHER 98 AND I ALWAYS GET THIS MESSAGE, "PUBLISHER CANNOT CREATE A TEMPORARY WORKING FILE" EVERYTIME I TRY TO SAVE MY FILE. WHAT IS GOING ON AND HOW DO I ELIMINATE THIS? HENRY wrote: > I AM USING PUBLISHER 98 AND I ALWAYS GET THIS MESSAGE, "PUBLISHER CANNOT > CREATE A TEMPORARY WORKING FILE" EVERYTIME I TRY TO SAVE MY FILE. WHAT IS > GOING ON AND HOW DO I ELIMINATE THIS? This normally means you're saving to a network drive. Save to a local hard drive, and then copy across to the network drive using Windows Explorer. Also, turn off Caps L...

How to change default cell formats
When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before them, whilst my colleagues, when opening the same file, the negatives are shown in brackets ie. ( ). How do I ensure that when I open the same file, my negative numbers appear in brackets This is a windows setting. Close excel Change that windows regional setting|currency tab|Negative currency format to show ($1.1) Open excel You may have to reformat: Format|Cells|number tab|Number (adjust the decimal places and comma options) Easty04 wrote: > > When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before t...

All latest updated Exams only at AllExamsKit.com: Find all your certification just in 2 clicks.
Hi there! Passing your IT Certification is not difficult anymore. whith the help fo all latest updated exams at www.allexamskit.com you can pass your IT Certification exams in first attempt! These updated exams will leads you to success. You can downlaod more than 1500+ exams in pdf printable format. join www.allexamskit.com for your success in IT Certification Exams ...

rolling back / undoing an update task
I accidentally used this statement when trying to set my 'names' column all to lower case in the away condition: update mytable set names = lower('names') where home = 'away' ...as this changed all the names to literally 'names', wondering how to use ROLLBACK to undo this, or is there another recovery method. thanks in advance NS Once the transaction is committed, there is no way to roll it back. The other recovery method is called RESTORE. You do have backups, don't you? If you have a full backup, and an unbroken sequence of log backups, y...

Printing Postcards with Publisher 2007
Does anyone know how to print 4 cards to a page as in Publisher 2003? The best I can seem to get is 2 to a page. I work a lot with printing postcards and always print 4 to a page to save paper. Any help would be great! Page setup, use one of the Avery US Letter built-in postcard templates, works every time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shane S." <ShaneS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF9F366F-5BB1-4F52-B564-2A9D17A8B052@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to print 4 c...

Excel as DataBase in Front Page
Has anyone successfully used Excel as a database in FRont Page, allowing users to make changes and update the spreadsheet? I am almost there I think but now am getting a "Data Type mismatch in criteria expression" error message from the ODBC Excel Driver. Any ideas???? Thank You ...