Not enough memory available to complete the operation

Recently installed FP2003 on my new Windows7 OS. FP worked fine until today.
I received this message. "An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory
available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
available, and then try to again." There are no other programs open and
cannot save any new pages. Please assist
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have the same problem and also, I can't insert pictures. When trying to
insert pictures, the insert window appears for 2 seconds and desappears
immediately.
Had you any solution to this mess?

"Nfrance5" wrote:

> Recently installed FP2003 on my new Windows7 OS. FP worked fine until today.
> I received this message. "An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory
> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more memory
> available, and then try to again." There are no other programs open and
> cannot save any new pages. Please assist
Same prob's.... any help?
Drak wrote :
> Same prob's.... any help?

It doesn't work on Win7, apparently.  My only hedge is, I've only tried
it in the 64-bit version.  From the frequency this question is asked,
it seems to apply to the 32-bit version too.

Only effective answer seems to be installing FrontPage 2003 in an XP
Mode virtual machine.  Which, of course, Microsoft has put off limits
to the vast majority of folks with Win7.  To take your roll at the
dice, see here:

http://thesource.ofallevil.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
1/27/2010 11:40:18 PM
In article <O#HKXo6nKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Karl E. Peterson
wrote:
> Only effective answer seems to be installing FrontPage 2003 in an XP
> Mode virtual machine.  Which, of course, Microsoft has put off limits
> to the vast majority of folks with Win7.  To take your roll at the
> dice, see here:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/rss.aspx

Susan Bradley, in her blog, The Official Blog of the �SBS Diva�, has two
posts about XP Mode setup:

XP mode/remote apps with your OLD Windows XP desktop.
So what's the nicest thing about XP Mode?

And just a whole lot of entries about setting up Win 7 boxes.

--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA  USA

0
Hollis
1/28/2010 3:31:52 AM
We Need more INFO
How much RAM do you have ?
And How much free Space you have on Local Disk ?

"Nfrance5" <Nfrance5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently installed FP2003 on my new Windows7 OS. FP worked fine until
> today.
> I received this message. "An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory
> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more
> memory
> available, and then try to again." There are no other programs open and
> cannot save any new pages. Please assist

0
Hot
1/31/2010 7:21:14 AM
Hot-text expressed precisely :
> "Nfrance5" <Nfrance5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
>> Recently installed FP2003 on my new Windows7 OS. FP worked fine until
>> today.
>> I received this message. "An unexpected error occurred: Not enough memory
>> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more
>> memory
>> available, and then try to again." There are no other programs open and
>> cannot save any new pages. Please assist
>
> We Need more INFO

Not if you've been paying attention.

> How much RAM do you have ?
> And How much free Space you have on Local Disk ?

All you need to know is it's running on Windows 7.

FrontPage 2003 is NOT compatible with Windows 7.

This is precisely the error behavior experienced with FrontPage 2003 on
Windows 7.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
2/3/2010 1:47:52 AM
He say::::: Recently installed FP2003 on my new Windows7 OS. FP worked fine
until today.
So if FrontPage 2003 is NOT compatible with Windows 7 why it run in the
First Place ?

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hot-text expressed precisely :
>> "Nfrance5" <Nfrance5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
>>> Recently installed FP2003 on my new Windows7 OS. FP worked fine until
>>> today.
>>> I received this message. "An unexpected error occurred: Not enough
>>> memory
>>> available to complete the operation. Close other programs to make more
>>> memory
>>> available, and then try to again." There are no other programs open and
>>> cannot save any new pages. Please assist
>>
>> We Need more INFO
>
> Not if you've been paying attention.
>
>> How much RAM do you have ?
>> And How much free Space you have on Local Disk ?
>
> All you need to know is it's running on Windows 7.
>

> This is precisely the error behavior experienced with FrontPage 2003 on
> Windows 7.
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Hot
2/3/2010 3:43:08 AM
Hot-text brought next idea :
> So if FrontPage 2003 is NOT compatible with Windows 7 why it run in the First
> Place ?

It *runs* great!  You just can't do a SaveAs very effectively.  Or a
few other "little" things like that.  Not to mention Win7 doesn't
support FPSE, so your options for local webs are that much more
crippled.  Only realistic advice, that truly offers support, is tell
folks to "Upgrade to XP" if they want FP2003 to run effectively.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
2/3/2010 6:33:47 PM
Karl: Have you tried installing and using the free Sharepoint Designer? It's
a hyped up version of FP 2003.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
: Hot-text brought next idea :
:
: It *runs* great!  You just can't do a SaveAs very effectively.  Or a
: few other "little" things like that.  Not to mention Win7 doesn't
: support FPSE, so your options for local webs are that much more
: crippled.  Only realistic advice, that truly offers support, is tell
: folks to "Upgrade to XP" if they want FP2003 to run effectively.
:
: --
: .NET: It's About Trust!
: http://vfred.mvps.org
:
:

0
Tom
2/3/2010 7:02:48 PM
Tom Willett wrote:
> Karl: Have you tried installing and using the free Sharepoint Designer? It's
> a hyped up version of FP 2003.

No, I really know nothing about it.  Downsides?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
2/3/2010 10:24:09 PM
None. You can install it and leave FP. It will work on your webs seamlessly.
Contains the same features as FP 2003, but was made for Sharepoint sites,
but works just fine for FP.
--
: Tom Willett wrote:
: > Karl: Have you tried installing and using the free Sharepoint Designer?
It's
: > a hyped up version of FP 2003.
:
: No, I really know nothing about it.  Downsides?
:
: --
: .NET: It's About Trust!
: http://vfred.mvps.org
:
:

0
Tom
2/3/2010 10:44:07 PM
Tom Willett wrote:
>>> Karl: Have you tried installing and using the free Sharepoint Designer?
>>> It's a hyped up version of FP 2003.
>>
>> No, I really know nothing about it.  Downsides?
>
> None. You can install it and leave FP. It will work on your webs seamlessly.
> Contains the same features as FP 2003, but was made for Sharepoint sites,
> but works just fine for FP.

Yer kidding?  Publish, too?  Wow, I suppose I oughta look at it.

Hey, long ago I think you posted something about getting the old FPSE
working in Win7.  Do you know if that ever actually happened?

Thanks...

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
2/3/2010 11:28:36 PM
So he need to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and that old Windows Xp for
his FrontPage
Now is need Express for the new  Windows 7 update would you say!

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hot-text brought next idea :
>> So if FrontPage 2003 is NOT compatible with Windows 7 why it run in the
>> First Place ?
>
> It *runs* great!  You just can't do a SaveAs very effectively.  Or a few
> other "little" things like that.  Not to mention Win7 doesn't support
> FPSE, so your options for local webs are that much more crippled.  Only
> realistic advice, that truly offers support, is tell folks to "Upgrade to
> XP" if they want FP2003 to run effectively.
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Hot
2/8/2010 12:07:55 AM
Hot-text wrote:
> So he need to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and that old Windows Xp for
> his FrontPage
> Now is need Express for the new  Windows 7 update would you say!

You might need to run that through babblefish a few more times, before
I'll have a hope of understanding where you're going with it.

Sorry...

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
2/8/2010 9:43:49 PM
I also wondered.

Perhaps
"So he needs to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and use that old Windows XP
for his FrontPage"
"Now all that is needed for (Outlook?) Express to be made available as a
Windows 7 update, would you say!"

Karl,
It is babelfish (named after the babelfish in Douglas Adams "Hitchhikers'
Guide to the Galaxy"), not babblefish, although babblefish might well be
closer to the mark in this case <g>

--
Trevor Lawrence
Canberra

> Hot-text wrote:
>> So he need to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and that old Windows Xp
>> for his FrontPage
>> Now is need Express for the new  Windows 7 update would you say!
>
> You might need to run that through babblefish a few more times, before
> I'll have a hope of understanding where you're going with it.
>
> Sorry...
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Trevor
2/9/2010 1:06:23 AM
Trevor Lawrence wrote:
>>> So he need to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and that old Windows Xp for
>>> his FrontPage
>>> Now is need Express for the new  Windows 7 update would you say!
>>
>> You might need to run that through babblefish a few more times, before I'll
>> have a hope of understanding where you're going with it.
>
> I also wondered.
>
> Perhaps
> "So he needs to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and use that old Windows XP
> for his FrontPage"
> "Now all that is needed for (Outlook?) Express to be made available as a
> Windows 7 update, would you say!"

Could be.  Although, I've found an *excellent* alternative to OE for
Win7 (MesNews).  It's so nice, after all these years, I have to be
somewhat grateful to MSFT for breaking it for good. <g>

> It is babelfish (named after the babelfish in Douglas Adams "Hitchhikers'
> Guide to the Galaxy"), not babblefish,

Yeah, I think I knew that.

> although babblefish might well be
> closer to the mark in this case <g>

It usually is. <bg>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
2/9/2010 2:15:53 AM
True!

"Trevor Lawrence" <Trevor L.@Canberra> wrote in message
> I also wondered.
>
> Perhaps
> "So he needs to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and use that old Windows
> XP for his FrontPage"
> "Now all that is needed for (Outlook?) Express to be made available as a
> Windows 7 update, would you say!"
>
> Karl,
> It is babelfish (named after the babelfish in Douglas Adams "Hitchhikers'
> Guide to the Galaxy"), not babblefish, although babblefish might well be
> closer to the mark in this case <g>
>
> --
> Trevor Lawrence
> Canberra
> Web Site http://trevorl.mvps.org
>
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hot-text wrote:
>>> So he need to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and that old Windows Xp
>>> for his FrontPage
>>> Now is need Express for the new  Windows 7 update would you say!
>>
>> You might need to run that through babblefish a few more times, before
>> I'll have a hope of understanding where you're going with it.
>>
>> Sorry...
>>
>> --
>> .NET: It's About Trust!
>> http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Hot
2/9/2010 4:16:43 AM
Microsoft Visual Studio 8 VWDExpress  :~)

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Hot-text wrote:
>> So he need to just buy a New PC with Windows 7 and that old Windows Xp
>> for his FrontPage
>> Now is need Express for the new  Windows 7 update would you say!
>
> You might need to run that through babblefish a few more times, before
> I'll have a hope of understanding where you're going with it.
>
> Sorry...
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Hot
2/9/2010 4:21:56 AM
I've got the same problem and I am running XP Home SP3.  Frontpage worked
fine on my old PC.  The new one is to all extents an identical machine but
has this "memory" problem.
0
Old
3/8/2010 3:06:05 PM
On Windows XP it is likely to be a different problem - the program fails to start due to lack of virtual memory.  Is this the case?

The usual cure is to find and delete the cmdui.prf file. This occasioanlly gets corrupted and effectively absorbs all available memory, including virtual memory.
cmdui.prf is normally located in the folder:
%AppData%\Microsoft\FrontPage\State
(type this into the Windows Explorer address bar)

Deleting this file will also remove any customisations made to toolbars and menus.

Alternatively, download FP Cleaner from
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and use the  buttons for:
Delete hidden Cache (*.web) files
Delete hidden temporary files

If these do not help, then use
Restore Default Toolbars and Menus
(this last deletes the cmdui.prf file)

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

Old Stager expressed precisely :
> I've got the same problem and I am running XP
> Home SP3.  Frontpage worked  fine on my old PC.
>  The new one is to all extents an identical
> machine but  has this "memory" problem.

1
Ronx

Setup did not complete successfully
I have Office Small Business 2007 installed. I inserted disk 1 to change the components installed, setup tried to run and then I received the message "Setup did not complete successfully. An error occurred during the installation and setup was unable to complete." I sent the error report to MS. This error results every time I insert disk 1. Disk 2 setup works fine. I concluded I may have a bad disk and contacted MS for replacement disks. The replacement disk 1 still gives me the same error message. I tried all of the following, but get the error: - ran setu...

100% complete without adjusting actual hours?
I’m attempting to “close out” project plans. Is there a way to mark all the tasks 100% complete without the Actual hours adjusting? Basically, I want to close the tasks based on the actual hours currently attached to them. I’m trying to avoid having to go to each individual task, recalculating, and saving… Please advise. Thanks MK "MK" wrote: > I’m attempting to “close out” project plans. Is there a way to mark all the > tasks 100% complete without the Actual hours adjusting? Try changing Remaining Work to 0. James Fraser ...

updating a dataset in memory... how can I do it ????
Hi, I am normally use to selecting, updating and deleting from a real SQL Server table, and have no problems with this. Perhaps I am just having a mental moment, but I have created a datatable in my program, and I want to update the datatable itself, and not the SQL data itself. (as the sql data is just temp data). So normally I would create my sql statement, and execute it against a open sql connection object I have already created. With a dataset, its really in memory, so how can I go about updating that, as there is no connection as such(like to a sql server) The sqlc...

Outlook 2002
When sending & receiving I get the following error: "Task 'Work - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'" Outlook version: 2002 SP3 RAM: 1Gb Available Physical Memory: 659Mb Free disk space on drive that holds mail delivery PST: 27.5Gb Current size of mail delivery PST: 179Mb I have tried shutting down all unnecessary applications and no applications seem to be using an abnormal amount of memory. I have also tried rebooting. I have Googled this and any s...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 11, 2005. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 164 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you are us...

CRM 3.0 Availability
Does anyone know when CRM 3.0 will be available to MS Action Pack Subscribers? cheers, Ally I believe it will be in the December box. You should have gotten the key in the November shipment. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Ally" wrote: > Does anyone know when CRM 3.0 will be available to MS Action Pack Subscribers? > cheers, > Ally Thanks for the info Matt. I suspect that is for US customers. That probably means January for us in the UK. cheers, Ally Ally Hollins-Kirk http://www.onestop.it "MattNC" wrote: > I believe it will be in the...

Fix the 1099 MISC process so it works with all boxes available
the 1099 Misc form/reporting is designed to report many things. Great Plains should fix its system so it allows for completion of the 1099 misc form as directed in the instructions. One vendor may have multiple payments that need to be reported in a 1099 misc form, ex Rent box 1, Royalty box 2, nonemployee compensation box 7. The instructions for form 1099 misc gives an example of machine rental with operator: machine in box 1 operator in box 7. I don't see this as an enhancement to your program. I see this as making your program work, otherwise you should quit saying you hav...

451 Could Not Complete Sender Verify Callout #2
We are running exchange 5.5 and a few users are having trouble sending mail whereby it just sits in the queue. The message given is "451 Could Not Complete Sender Verify Callout" email coming in seems OK but for sending most users have this problem. I can send mail without a problem which I find strange I beleive it is a problem with our ISP not our exchange server? Can anyone confirm this or seen this before? Thanks ...

Virtual memory
I am running Exchange2000 as part of SBS2000. I recently upgraded from 500Mb main memory to 2.5Gb and set the paging file (on C:) to min/max of 1.5Gb (which I believe was the recommended). From time to time I get a "virtual memory too low" message and the recommended VM setting is now 3.8Gb. I'm short of space on C:, but before allocating a further 2Gb paging file on D:, I wonder if this is reasonable. It makes 6.3 Gb of memory requirement. This is a single server supporting 20 users, typically 8 are active. Opinions please. TIA Hi, The memory that you have should...

Auto Complete
In Outlook/Word 2003, when I started typing dates, best regards (at the end of an email or lett), etc., Outlook/Word would complete the current date for me and would also complete best regards for me. In 2007 it is not doing that. Is there a way to turn this on within Outlook/Word? Thanks! Tools > Options > Spelling > Spelling and Autocorrection > Autocorrection Options... -- Russ Valentine "JC" <JC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B0F048B-2C59-444B-A250-A32574A7326B@microsoft.com... > In Outlook/Word 2003, when I starte...

New version of the Auto FE Updater available
The latest update makes the process of initial user setup much easier. You will now be able to click on button in the utility and paste a link into an email for a new user of your application. You will need to create a shortcut on the server for this option using the ServerShortCutPath entry. Other updates include - using code signing so the "Open File - Security Warning: The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" message no longer appears. - a warning message appears if running the utility on a local hard drive. This can ...

SQL SERVER 2005 Release a lot of memory
Hi guys, Our production db server is run on SQL SERVER 2005 64 bit on a 8 gb memory windows 2003 server. The SQL SERVER usually uses over 7 gb of memory. There's no max/min server memory set up (using default). Today from 2 pm to now, the memory usage of SQL SERVER is dropping gradually from over 7 gb to only 3.7 gb to this moment. I didn't see usage dropping and I never see SQL SERVER realease so much memory in 3 hours. And it's still keep dropping. I turned on perfmon and the counters look fine. I didn't do anything special except I turned on profiler. I won...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

Very slow operations
Hi all, is anybody familiar with this problem? I have installed Money 2004 after wiping my entire system clean ( including a reinstall of Windows XP ). When I start Money it opens the password screen immediately but bogs down severely when I enter my password. The performance is very slow for about 5 minutes. If I switch from one part of the program to another it bogs down again. I have turned on task manager and placed it on the tool bar. The CPU usage goes to 100% during the times that it bogs down. I have been using an old version of Money up to this point and it was always...

get/change operation on SY_Current_Activity record already locked
We just upgraded to GP 9.0 with SP2 on SQL Server 2005 Express and we cannot login to GP. Both of the 2 licensed concurrent users are showing as already logged in the system. Since they are on GP 9.0, it gives them the delete activity screen, but then gives an error message and they can go no further. These are the two following erorr messages: “A get/change operation on table ‘SY_Current_Activity’ failed the record was already locked” “A get/change operation on table ‘SY_End_Routines_Check_MSTR’ (45)” (When I click on more information, I get more detail that says the disk might ...

CFrameWnd::LoadFrame cause insufficient memory error
Hi, I have a windows service that locally calls an .exe application (creating a new process with CreateProcess API); this application must access to a protected directory (only one user can access it). Normally a windows service is associated with LocalSystem user; so when it calls .exe application, it can't access to the directory. To solve this problem, i have associated my service to the account that can access that directory, but when it calls .exe application, an instruction like pFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE, NULL, NULL); (contained ...

Will ODF support also be available for Office 2008?
Hello, there have been reports about Microsoft including ODF support in MS=20 Office 2007 as from SP2, cf., eg. (in German), http://www.heise.de/newsticker/Microsoft-will-offenes-Dokumentenformat-OD= F-unterstuetzen-Update--/meldung/108277 http://www.golem.de/0805/59878.html Will ODF also be available for Office 2008? This would be great for exchanging documents with OpenOffice.org users. Regards, J=FCrgen. On 5/22/08 8:18 AM, in article OdiN0XAvIHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, "Juergen Fenn" <jfenn@gmx.net> wrote: > Hello, > > there have been reports about Micros...

Exchange 2003: How to see meeting room availability within Outlook Web Access
We have an Exchange 2003 cluster sitting on Windows Server 2003. We have plenty of mailboxes for meeting rooms that are normal ADUC mail enabled users, not in public folders. Our users are complaining that they cannot see message room availability. I have tested this myself and have found that when click on new appointment followed by availability, and then choose a meeting room. A username / password box immediately pops up, and does not accept my credentials. After three attempts it says 'access denied' and so we cannot see the meeting room calendar to ascertain availability....

CRM 4.0 SDK now available
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=82e632a7-faf9-41e0-8ec1-a2662aae9dfb&displaylang=en&tm -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM ...

CString (allocated in heap instead of stack memory)
I'm using: CString c = "Some very long text here..."; and I'm getting "Out of stack space" error when I run it under IIS/MTS. Can I use this instead: CString *c = new CString("Some very long text here..."); //use c... delete c; Thank you. Black Banana wrote: > I'm using: > > CString c = "Some very long text here..."; > > and I'm getting "Out of stack space" error when I run it under > IIS/MTS. > > Can I use this instead: > > CString *c = new CString("Some very long te...

Available updates
Windows Update shows that I have available updates but when I click to vew the updates, the updates are not listed. Just showing for example that there are 4 important and 3 optional updates but I'm not able to vew them and choose which ones I want to install. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance! "ARIS" <ARIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5405791E-440B-46AE-BDBE-161DB0B2C453@microsoft.com... > Windows Update shows that I have available updates but when I click to vew > the updates, the updates are not listed. Just showin...

How to Write Memory Bitmap into BMP File?
In a MFC dialog, I add a button(IDC_BUTTON1), and the corresponding message function is: void CHhhhDlg::OnButton1() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CClientDC clientDC(this); CDC memDC; memDC.CreateCompatibleDC(&clientDC); CRect rcClient; GetClientRect(&rcClient); CBitmap membitmap; membitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&clientDC, rcClient.Width(), rcClient.Height()); memDC.SelectObject(&membitmap); for (int x = 0; x < rcClient.right; x ++) { for (int y = 0; y < rcClient.bottom; y ++) { memDC.SetPixel(x, y, x < y ? RGB(255, 255, 0) : RGB(...

How can I lock worksheets while still allowing macros to operate? #2
When I lock the worksheets that macros should enter into while operating, I get an error message. Then macros couldn't of course work properly. How can I lock the worksheets and macros can still operate? Hi Enginguven, Setting the Protect method's UserInterfaceOnly parameter to true enables vba manipulation of the protected sheet. However, this setting is not persistent and needs to be reset each time the workbook is opened. Perhaps, therefore, you could set protection in the Workbook_Open or Auto_Open procedures, e.g.: '=========>> Sub Auto_Open() With Workshe...

Exchange 2000 Mailbox Manager Completes and processes 0 mailboxes
My Exchange 2000 Server is set to do the default online mailbox management processing every weekend. The email I get from the System Attendent states that it completes sucessfully. But reviewing the results it doesn't process any mailboxes and completes as soon as it starts. Therefore it leads me to believe that it's not working, another indication to me is that the information store is highly fragmented. I have not run the offline defrag and compacting of the database yet, and durning the Mailbox Management Process NO BACKUPS are scheduled. So something else is preventing i...

Font not available in 2007
I recently received a new computer w/ Windows 7 and Office 2007. I was using a 2003 word document with Olive Oil font. When I open this document w/v.2007 the document is filled with wing dings. If I try to change the font to something basic like Ariel it changes everything to square boxes. Is there a way to convert this or load the old font? Thanks, When you open the document in 2007, save the file as a .docx file, close it, when you open that file check if your fonts are showing correctly. If that doesn't work check if you can download the font somewhere else. Not su...