Missing scrolls bars in web pages created with FP

http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm

For some reason this page opens in a new window when linked to from my site,
which is fine, but now there are no scroll bars either eek!

Also on the into page:

http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm

and the main page:

http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm

The scroll bars are now red, should be blue.

Help?

Regds - Deane
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In line

"EAHORC" <EAHORC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm
>
> For some reason this page opens in a new window when linked to from my site,
> which is fine, but now there are no scroll bars either eek!

You have set the overflow as hidden in the opening body tag, but I don't see where there is enough content on
the page to require scrollbars.

> Also on the into page:
>
> http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm
>
> and the main page:
>
> http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm
>
> The scroll bars are now red, should be blue.

Open either page and switch to code view.
Scroll to the bottom.
Cut the following tags:

<LINK href="msie.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
<META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR>
<META content=FrontPage.Editor.Document name=ProgId>
<META http-equiv=Content-Language content=en-us>
 <LINK href="eahorc_main_files/filelist.xml" rel=File-List>

 from the the bottom of the page and move them back to the head section where they belong.

--

Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP Expression Web

0
Steve
11/27/2009 12:17:03 AM
@ http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm         DELETE  <meta
http-equiv="REFRESH" content="3;url=http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm">
are maKe   content="999 lol

@ http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm
<STYLE type="text/css">
<!--
BODY {
scrollbar-face-color:RED;

need More @ http://www.hot-text.ath.cx/scrollbar/index.html

@  http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm
 I remove the STYLE in my editor and there was your scroll bars on it
<<<<<<< it's in the STYLE it killing your scroll bars
<!--
body
{
font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;
font-size:13px}
body
{background:#fff;color:#000}
body
{margin:3px 0 0}
body
{overflow:hidden}
body
{overflow:visible;margin:3px 8px 0}
..mapPanelStart{left:29.32em}
..mapPanelMarginEnd{margin-right:29.32em}
#map{clear:both}
#map{margin-left:8px;overflow:hidden;border:0px none; }
#map{position:relative;z-index:1;background:#e5e3df;overflow:hidden}
#map{position:relative}
#map{margin-left:0;margin-right:0;left:0;border:1px solid #979797}-->

"EAHORC" <EAHORC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm
>
> For some reason this page opens in a new window when linked to from my
> site,
> which is fine, but now there are no scroll bars either eek!
>
> Also on the into page:
>
> http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm
>
> and the main page:
>
> http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm
>
> The scroll bars are now red, should be blue.
>
> Help?
>
> Regds - Deane

0
Hot
11/27/2009 3:17:28 AM
http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm

These lines should be in the <head> of the page, not in the <body>

<LINK href="msie.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
<META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR>
<META content=FrontPage.Editor.Document name=ProgId>
<META http-equiv=Content-Language content=en-us>
      <LINK
href="eahorc_main_files/filelist.xml" rel=File-List>

in msie.css look for SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #c00;  this sets the scrollbar to
red in IE, but other browsers ignore it.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"EAHORC" <EAHORC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm
>
> For some reason this page opens in a new window when linked to from my
> site,
> which is fine, but now there are no scroll bars either eek!
>
> Also on the into page:
>
> http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm
>
> and the main page:
>
> http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm
>
> The scroll bars are now red, should be blue.
>
> Help?
>
> Regds - Deane

0
Ronx
11/27/2009 8:20:34 AM
Steve,

There is more text there, at least on pages I created in FP. Below the sat
nav coordinates for the venue there should be coordinates for nearby hotels
and fast food places...

I can see them in FP, but not on the webpages.

"Steve Easton" wrote:

> You have set the overflow as hidden in the opening body tag, but I don't see where there is enough content on
> the page to require scrollbars.

Ronx,

I tried that, the bottom of the page now shows:

<HR>

</BODY></HTML>

and the top is now:

<HEAD><TITLE>
eahorc_main</TITLE>
<LINK href="msie.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
<META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR>
<META content=FrontPage.Editor.Document name=ProgId>
<META http-equiv=Content-Language content=en-us>
      <LINK
href="eahorc_main_files/filelist.xml" rel=File-List>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR>
</HEAD>

But the scroll bars are still red in IE7

To be honest this no big deal, I just wanted the scroll bars to match the
blue theme of the site, the lack of scroll bars at all in those other pages
is what really worries me....

"Ronx" wrote:

> http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm
>
> These lines should be in the <head> of the page, not in the <body>
>
> <LINK href="msie.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
> <META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR>
> <META content=FrontPage.Editor.Document name=ProgId>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Language content=en-us>
>       <LINK
> href="eahorc_main_files/filelist.xml" rel=File-List>
>
> in msie.css look for SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #c00;  this sets the scrollbar to
> red in IE, but other browsers ignore it.
> --
> Ron Symonds
Did you change the scrollbar colour in msie.css as I indicated?

For the other pages, as I said in another thread, remove from the CSS
everything resembling:
overflow: hidden;
overflow: visible;
--
Ron Symonds

> Ronx,
>
> I tried that, the bottom of the page now shows:
>
> <HR>
>
> </BODY></HTML>
>
> and the top is now:
>
> <HEAD><TITLE>
> eahorc_main</TITLE>
> <LINK href="msie.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
> <META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR>
> <META content=FrontPage.Editor.Document name=ProgId>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Language content=en-us>
>      <LINK
> href="eahorc_main_files/filelist.xml" rel=File-List>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
> <META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR>
> </HEAD>
>

> But the scroll bars are still red in IE7
>
> To be honest this no big deal, I just wanted the scroll bars to match the
> blue theme of the site, the lack of scroll bars at all in those other
> pages
> is what really worries me....
>

> "Ronx" wrote:
>
>> http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm
>>
>> These lines should be in the <head> of the page, not in the <body>
>>
>> <LINK href="msie.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
>> <META content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0" name=GENERATOR>
>> <META content=FrontPage.Editor.Document name=ProgId>
>> <META http-equiv=Content-Language content=en-us>
>>       <LINK
>> href="eahorc_main_files/filelist.xml" rel=File-List>
>>
>> in msie.css look for SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #c00;  this sets the scrollbar
>> red in IE, but other browsers ignore it.
>> --
>> Ron Symonds

0
Ronx

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

Create static text from cell reference

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

web slices
This seems like a good idea, but I have yet to find a web site, product or anything else that provides access to a web slice. Much to do about nothing. Great ad gimmick for IE8, but I have found it elusive. Hi Herb, "Herb Mann" <HerbMann@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:D2F639B0-08A5-4101-9383-A70F6971FBE4@microsoft.com... > This seems like a good idea, but I have yet to find a web site, product or > anything else that provides access to a web slice. Much to do about > nothing. > Great ad gimmick for IE8, but I have found it elusive...

Filling Web Form
Dear freinds Hello, I have written code in vc++ using MFC to fill the Webform using HTTP post method and I'm able to fill the form but I'm facing a problem that I'm unable to fill login name and password. So any one amongst you have any Idea or help then please help me With Regards Sachin ...

Investment Summary on Home Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C4EF37.6BEB29B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Okay, I have had investments that I have sold completely within an = account and purchased other investments. When I go to "My Money" home = page, it will still show the old investment under the "Investment = Summary", "Investment Performance" and "Best and Worst Performance" = sections, along with the new investments. How can I clear out the old = investments from...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...

Link to Page when saving to web
Hi, I have some drawings that have several shapes with "Go to page on double-click" behavior. How can I keep this functionality when saving as a web page? Thanks ...

Summarising per page
Hi all, I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is more than 5 printed pages. What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. I want to do this for any printed page length (i.e. Letter, A4,) or orientation (Portrait, Landscape). Thanks in advance, Regards Nick Hi have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pxmw -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nick Karoumpalos wrote: > Hi all, > I have a worksheet that contains a list of numbers, and in printout is > more than 5 printed pages. > What I want is to summarise the list per printing page. > ...

Create a Loop for create a phone call
Hi Best Regards Excuse me for my bad english I am developing a workflow, which must create automatically phone calls and assign them to certain users of the following way: it must create the number of 10 calls and to assign them to user 1, to create 5 calls and to assign them to user 2 etc the data of the phone calls is in a database I am trying to create a loop but I have not found like I am thankful for your help regards You will need to do this using the CRM SDK/web service. Do something like : CrmService service = new CrmService(); // Setup the CrmService class here foreach (U...

How do I reverse the order of the pages I've written?
I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publisher, but have inserted them in reverse order, ie; page 56 should be page 1, and so on. How can I fix this ? At the bottom of your screen are little numbered pages. Pick on them with your mouse and drag them where they need to be. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "kaybee" <kaybee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D020743-D49F-4C02-A03C-7D09CB5553A7@microsoft.com... > I've written 56 pages in a new book in Publish...

Missing Options Menu
In Excel 97, when I select Tools -> Options, the Options menu does not appear. I have tried reinstalling with no change. Hello Andy Close Excel Do a search for EXCEL.XLB files on your machine and rename the most recent XLB found with a different extension (eg .OLD) Open Excel Please note that filename may vary according to your operating system. HTh Cordially Pascal "Andy Power" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:074601c49591$4e98a680$3501280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 97, when I select Tools -> Options, the Options > menu does not ...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

Creating formulas to calculate time on a 24 hr time clock
I have to create a spreadsheet that will calculate total hrs worked. I've tried several different ways but I guess I don't know enough about building formulas to actually make the thing work. For example, I used a basic formula D3=A3-B3+IF(A3>B3,1)*12. This works to show the time but not the number of hours worked. If an employee comes in 1/2 hour late, it does not properly calculate this. How can I correct my formula? MW I have tried your formula and it works fine (with start time in B3 and finish time in A3). Format the reult as h:mm and it's OK. Andy "MWI...

MS Office Excel97: Removing Page Breaks
How do I remove page breaks? For some unknown reason they started appearing on a spreadsheet recently. I see dotted lines dividing up the sheet and large "Page ...." in the background. According to an Office 97 book I have, I should go to Tools->Options->View-tab and set the Page Break option off. There isn't any. If I right click outside the page area, I see PG menu items but none seem to work. There's also a PB View in the View menu, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything. Weird. -- Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada Cit...

Outlook 2007 missing emails until restart
I have a user running Vista Business Basic along with Office 2007 Professional that is having a problem with emails not showing up in the inbox. The user has a PDA that does get the email and if you search of the email on the computer, you find it and can open it without issue. However, the email still may not show up in the inbox until a restart of Outlook. Currently the user has caching enabled and other then the missing emails, runs stable. However, if we turn off the caching we experience an application crash with the following: Event Name: APPCRASH Applicatio...

using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?
I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me how to correct or whether it can be corrected. I've tried creating different rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I can think. Here is the scenario. Although I'm using Lisa as an example, this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office. Lisa is my secretary. She sends me internal email, staff questions and stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox. I have a rule for this. She also sends me mail she has scanned. I ha...

How to implement a progress bar on a status bar
If I want to implement a progress bar indicating process of some algorithm or function, how should I programme to make the progress bar appear on the status bar in foot of the window? Is there any sample code I can follow? speechuser wrote: >If I want to implement a progress bar indicating process of some algorithm >or function, how should I programme to make the progress bar appear on the >status bar in foot of the window? Is there any sample code I can follow? I've not used it, but this may do the trick: Showing progress bar in a status bar pane http://www.codeproject.com/...