Milo: Using Fp2003 to allow people to add an Outlook Calendar ite

Have looked around a lot on the net and can't find a clear answer to
something I hope is simple.  I'm the webmaster (FrontPage 2003) for a small
non-profit.  They asked if there were any way to put an "Add to my Outlook
Calendar" link next to new events we post.

I was able to create an .ics (iCalendar) file and add that to the site, but
when I link to it, Firefox just opens it as text and IE just puts it in an
obscure folder (C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Documents\iMacros\Downloads) so neither actually added it to Outlook.

I'm not loyal to doing this via an .ics file if there's a better way...what
I'm seeing out there just keep implying that that's the way to do it...but
without enough follow through for me to get it to work.

Someone on a blog said that it can be done via Outlook Online, which I'd
never heard of before, but I tried logging on to that and couldn't find any
help on it there.

Clearly, there must be a way, since i see it on sites, but this semi-novice
without a ton of technical training is stumped.

Info would be appreciated!!!  Thanks so much!  Milo

frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If it is a valid ics file
- have your users right click to save the file to a folder of their choice
- then double clicking the download file should add the event to the Outlook calendar

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"miloshapiro" <miloshapiro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:787361D2-E60F-44D4-AEBF-418119CD566D@microsoft.com...
[...]

0
Stefan

upgraded to office pro can't open outlook
I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again. That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get: Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file system folder instead? I click no it all goes awa...

Gift/Bridal registry add-ons???
Does anybody know of any Gift/Bridal registry add-ons that are out there? I will need reseller pricing,as we are an RMS dealer in Canada. Tony, Try this; http://www.obsol.com/html/gift_registry.html -- * "Tony Cormack" <TonyCormack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:779434E4-2FE1-4ED9-854B-48347C92A2A5@microsoft.com... Does anybody know of any Gift/Bridal registry add-ons that are out there? I will need reseller pricing,as we are an RMS dealer in Canada. Thx Jeff, thats what I had found also "Jeff" wrote: > Tony, > > Try this; > ...

Outlook 2003 #45
having problems getting outlook to identify itsself using a fully-qualified host name in the HELO command of a SMTP communication. my computer is not in a domain. my computer name does show up as fully-qualified in System Properties --> Computer Name. any help would be appreciated. ...

Exchange/Outlook Rules
When we configur a rule to forward/redirect email that comes in to our inbox's to another email account(out side our domain) the mail acts like its being sent even goes to our sent items list in outlook but never gets to the net... everything else is running with no problems we send thousands of emails a day, just that one little problem. You have to enable automatic replies to the Internet "Spock255" <Spock255@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B62AE0-2149-440E-81C1-047FADB83115@microsoft.com... > When we configur a rule to forward/redirect emai...

Outlook 2003 not responding #8
Hi I have an ongoing problem with Outlook 2003 not responding. If I try to delete any emails from my inbox after deleting two or three the program will hang and stop responding. I am using a connection to an Exchange server via wi-fi and a VPN. I am using a Dell Latitude laptop PC with an identical setup to five others in the office, who don't have the same problem as me. This problem happens even if I try to work offline, I have tried to make a repair, a complete re-install of Office standard, an upgrade to Office Professional and I have even tried disabling the anti-virus softwa...

Running Rules in Special Folders (Outlook and CallPilot)
Software: Outlook 2000 SP-3 and CallPilot Desktop Messaging 2.50 Background: Incoming voice messages are placed in the Callpilot Desktop Messaging Inbox in Outlook. A small icon lights up to indicate that a new message has been received. Question: How can I use a Rule in Outlook to also play a sound in a special folder? So far I am unable to have a rule continuously checking this particular inbox. Thanks, Lee Outlook rules doesn't support that - you might be able to use VBA to alert you - see outlookcode.com if you need help with VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teac...

Macro to save file using vlookup...
Here's what I'm trying to do... I want a macro that will take a date value from a cell (say B2 on sheet1) and compare it to a list of closing dates (month's end closing). It needs to then make folders for the year and month (if they don't already exist) and save the file in that folder. The sheet with the closing dates is setup like this: Month Ending Fiscal Year November 11/28/04 2005 December 12/31/04 2005 And so on... Thanks for the help up front! ...

Sharing Mutliple Calendars
Greetings, I have a customer who wants to create calendars as subfolders to their main calendar. They connect to an Exchange 5.5 server. Is it possible to share these sub-calendars to other Outlook/Exchange users in the site? Is Office 2003 required? Any help is appreciated! John Kirkland MCSE 2000 To access a shared folder that isn't one of the folders listed on the File | Open | Other User's Folder dialog, the mailbox owner needs to grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into...

Assiging Tasks via the POP mailboxes under Outlook 2002 & 2003
Hi, We've been trying to assign Tasks to each other (2 people) via POP Mailboxes. The assigning seems fine, but when a TRask is assigned back and forward several times we both end up with multiple Tasks... the most recently Accepted one, plus ealier versions which remain as "Waiting Response from Assignee". What are we missing? ps. I did read in these discussions that we both need to have RTF format selected which we both do have. ...

Outlook 2003 News Reader problems
I'm having problems getting the news reader to work with Outlook 2003 Professional.... It works once and then fails and seems to point to this directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 That is when it shows up in the Go menu... most of the time the link is not there... Any ideas... I hate having to use OX to view newsgroups... sort of defeats the purpose... Steve You hate "having to use OX to view newsgroups?" What did you think you were using before? OE has always been the news reader for Outlook. Configure it as such in Control Panel > Internet option...

Blocking people to send external mails
I want to restrict my few employees to send mail out side of my Exchange Organisation. I know there is a registery key that you will have to put after you add restriction on SMTP connector but I have forgotten it. Can anyone please forward that to me via email to jitesh_vaishnav@yahoo.com or jitehs_vaishnav@hotmail.com Replies are highly appreciated. Thanks Jitesh Vaishnav What version of Exchange? In 5.5 I have to go into their account and delete the external e-mail address and then add their name to the list of users to reject messages from (Delivery Restrictions) in the IMS connection ...

message delivered to Calendar (Office XP)
Outlook XP Messages from a particular user are being delivered to the Outlook Calendar folder. Only way to find out that a message was received from this particular user is to do a Find, and it shows the location as Calendar. ALL other mail is delivered to the Inbox without problem. Not sure where to begin to look to troubleshoot this problem. There are no rules at all. There is nothing set on the Exchange server. Any suggestions? G'Day "C" Take the Scenic Route, and take a good look round on the way: Select "Inbox" and click the "Organize"...

Problems viewing the Address Book using Outlook Express
Hello, I'm using OE6 and I would like my address book to be displayed in the lower left hand side of the window. I'm not having any luck trying to get it back. I go into the "View" menu, but there is no option for that. Can someone help? Thank you. This is not an Outlook group, not OE. The programs are not related. As I recall, you'd need to use View > Layout to display your Contacts, but I haven't seen OE in years. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108C5F33-DE91-4B36-A227-1...

Outlook 2002 Hangs (3)
Hi all, In our company we are using Exchange 2000 as mail server, and outlook 2002 sp2 as email client. Each client is configured to download its emails to a local pst file. We are facing the following issue : If you add a rule to move messages from inbox to a particular folder, during send/receive and just after receiving 3-5 messages (and these messages are moved to their folders) the outlook stops responding. If any one could advise I would be gratefull. Thanks, Osama. Just for information : This problem disappears when running outlook with /safe parameter. However, I could...

outlook 2000 mailbox.pst error. inbox repair tool
hi all I am getting a error message from outlook 2000 that says errors have been detected in the file c:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook\mailbox.pst It says to use the inbox repair tool. I have searced microsoft online help and found the site "ol2000 how to find and run the inbox repair tool" I am using ME. I have been looking for "Scanpst.exe" file. Microsoft help says to follow c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\nt I cannnot find a file by this name. I can find a file c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\95 when I run "Scanpst.exe&qu...

Outlook 2003 #228
When I try to change options in Outlook 2003 or even just go from global address book to contact, outlook crashes on me. I've completely uninstalled Office,clean th eregistry, scanned with Spyoy, CWShredder, Spy Sweeper, Hijack this,and McAffe antivirus. All come up clean, ut problem still exist. Any clues. ...

"Multitasking" mit Outlook Express 6 funktioniert nicht
Hallo Leute Bis anhin konnte ich w�hrend dem Herunterladen eines gr�sseren Beitrages in den Foren den n�chsten aussuchen und anklicken, so dass ich w�hrend dem langsamen Herunterladen nicht nur warten musste. Nach der Neuinstallation dieses Programmes funktioniert das nun nicht mehr. Das Programm ist "blockiert", bis der angew�hlte Beitrag fertig heruntergeladen wurde. Ich finde keinen Hinweis, wo und wie ich diesen Umstand wieder so herrichten kann, wie vorher. Kann mir jemand sagen wo ich das umstellen kann? Vielen Dank f�r Eure Tips Gruss Heinz F'up2 microsoft.public.de.g...

why won't excel allow me to add more data to a chart?
For some of my data I skip days for collecting it so I use the shift key to click on the days I do want in the chart. I have been doing this for awhile but now that I'm obtaining more points it has simply stopped letting me add data points. When I click on the one where it stops collecting it erases all of the others I have clicked and makes a stop noise. I need to add more data so why won't it let me?? Hi, There is a finite limit on the length of the series formula, ~1024 characters. So this example is for a series with 3 data points in cells A2:B4. =SERIES(,Sheet...

Outlook duplicating attachments
We use an Exchange server for our email. I have an instance when th user attaches a document, the receipient is receiving a duplicat attachment. This happens even when the email is forwarded to someone. Anyone had this happen ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

microsoft outlook 2000 #3
using windows xp, when i open microsoft outlook 2000 a message mociext.dll is missing. is there a fix for this? ...

Can not open attachments in Outlook Express 2000
After downloading the most current Windows security patches Outlook Express now blocks any attachments including documents with .doc extensions. How can I go back to the way it was before the patch? Click on tools, options, security, then remove the check mark next to Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. HTH Gavin... "Bobbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cb401c42883$95e2c4b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > After downloading the most current Windows security > patches Outlook Express now blocks any a...

GetSaveAsFilename
When a user closes a workbook I want my macro to retrieve the username logged in to the machine and use that as the filename. Is this possible? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In a general module: Option Explicit Private Declare Function apiGetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias _ "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long Function fOSUserName() As String ' Returns the network login name Dim lngLen As L...

Moving Outlook 2000 pst file to Outlook XP
I have the outlook.pst file from outlook 2000. How do I tell outlook XP that I want to use the above file? Is it the same format? Does it have the same name? And do I simply do it by deleting its current file which seems to be called "Personal folders (1).pst"? Thanks for any help. Shmuel Fisher Rename your current Outlook.pst to .bak. Open Outlook and when it complains, point it to where you have the 2000 Outlook.pst file saved on your hard drive, not a CD. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

SMTP Connector not being used and has odd name in queue
I have a 4 node Exchange 2003 A/P cluster w/ a non clustered server as the front end. Right now, all of the servers use their own SMTP VS to send email. I want them all to use the front end as a bridgehead for outbound email. Easy enough... So, I create the SMTP connector and list the front end as the bridgehead, and add in the address space, as I've done many a time. All appears good. But. As soon as I do this, all outbound mail stops. I then look at each server and see that they show the SMTP connector and it's filling up. Also, the name of the connector isn't what I called it...

Custom Address List in Outlook XP
Hi All, We have just deployed an Exchange 2003 server into our environment. Only two accounts have been migrated thus far, hence the GAL only shows two addresses...so far so good. Our remaining accounts all have SMTP email addresses published in AD. Outlook XP is deployed to all machines and uses and LDAP add-in to look up addresses in AD. Mail is sent by a sendmail server. This has been working well since implementation. I have created a custom Address List on the Exchange Server, and 'preview' looks like exactly what I want. My problem is that Outlook XP is trying to inte...