Linked Forms

    Hello,  I am doing a project that requires two forms.. The first form
contains the data for a business the second form contains data for the
business owner...

How do I link the two forms together...?

Many thanks.

Bob

0
Biss
5/23/2010 7:09:27 PM
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Send a common key piece of data from the first form (say the company name) to the second form page and include it in the second form
as a hidden form field
(then if using a database to store the results link with a relationship the 2 results tables by the common field)
For form passing information see http://irt.org/articles/js063/index.htm

SBR @ ENJOY (-:              [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

"Biss" <raleygroupky@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6E1FB8EF-0AAD-4764-BF94-01319971D072@microsoft.com...
    Hello,  I am doing a project that requires two forms.. The first form
contains the data for a business the second form contains data for the
business owner...

How do I link the two forms together...?

Many thanks.

Bob

0
Stefan

Merging List w/ a Form
Can anyone assist me with merging a form created in Excel with a database (or list) also created in Excel? I know how to merge an Excel worksheet to be used as a database for Word in the Mail Merge command, but my FORM, with which I am trying to merge my database, was created in Excel and needs to remain under its format (not be converted to Word). I am filtering the information I need from the database to be imported to the Excel Form. Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you. If you're trying to display information from one record in the database, there are sample files here...

Linking text within Excel-- help!
I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe links with figures (numbers), not text. e.g. Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404 (each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet) ....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been paid in full. My questions: 1. Each of the 300 or...

Links won't open internet sites
Links sent to me in email show up as blue and the curser turns into the hand when over it but clicking on the link does nothing, it won't open a site on the internet. What do I have to adjust? Have turned off firewall and problem continues. Help! Thanks... Using Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP Home - Internet Secuity installed but all turned off (other than antivirus) ...

Filter Report by Form
I'm using the following code from the wonderful Allen Browne which works perfectly in an either or scenario (either by Start/End Date(s) OR filtering by client name; but I don't know what syntax to use to filter by Start/End date(s) AND anything typed in the client name field. I'm sure it's easy but I can't get my head around it. I appreciate any and all assistance!! Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Remove the single quote from start of this line once you have it working. 'Purpose: Filter a report to a date r...

Save Link Problem
Hi I run Windows 2000 & Excell 2000 with service pack 3. I have an autoshape button that I have added a hyperlink to which opens a html file on a server. When I add the hyperlink and press the autoshape it takes me to the file ok. I can do this as many times as I like and it works ok. The problem arises after I save the spreadsheet. As soon as I save the spreadsheet the hyperlink no longer works. I get the error message "The address of this site is not valid, Check the address and try again". To add some more mystery to this, I emailed the file to a friend and he inserte...

Button on Form to Run Report based on Query with Parameters
Hi Guys. I am busy working on a stock control database (and job control). When I have a Form Open, it shows several fields, including JobID (Which is the PK for that job) (frm_Invoicing) I also have a Query that when Run, it prompts for the JobIDNo. (qry_CustJobsInvStock) I have a report based on that query. (rpt_CustJobsInvStock) I have added a button onto the form (onclick -> DoCmd.OpenReport) to open and automatically print the report, But I just cannot figure out how to get it to get my JobID from the form, and to Automatically add it as a Parameter for the que...

Center Access2007 Form in the middle of access Main Window
Thank You Is there any easy way to center access 2007 forms in the middle of the screen (Monitor) or access main window. and give me good result Hello, I think there is no built in feature to achieve this goal. You may need to create a new form and configure it as the main window. You could enumerate forms and create buttons etc to open forms from this main form. For example, you could use hte following code enumerate forms in your database: Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb Set cntContainer = db.Containers("Forms") For Each doc In cntContainer.Documents Str...

entryfield linked to selectionlist
Hallo, I created a form with a selectionlist of all belgian cities. Next to this field I created an entryfield where the zip-codes should appear What I want is this entryfield to show the zipcode when the up and downarrow of the selectionfield is clicked In the "after update" propertie of the selectionlist I wrote: Dim db As Database Dim tb As Recordset Dim f As Form Set db = CurrentDb() Set tb = db.OpenRecordset("postnummers") Set f = Forms![leerkrachten] tb.MoveFirst Do Until tb.EOF If tb!gte = f!gem_lk Then f!PN_lk = tb!PN Exit Do End If tb.MoveNext Loop tb!gte citi...

Printout Method
In building a form to allow users to print a "blank form" I've constructed as an Access Report, I'd like the user to be able to select the number of copies to print. It looks like the PrintOut Method would be a good choice for this, but I'm not smart enough to know quite how to get the "Copies" argument to get its input from the textbox on my form, where the user will enter the number of copies they'd like to print. Suggestions? -- Thanks, Croy Does the report have a record source? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help...

email form script to show email adresses of all recipients
I see there is a field in the attributes called torecipients but I cannot add it to the email form. Is there a way I can script this into the email form to show the email addresses of all of the recipients. My idea involved creting a new attribute called all_recipients and adding it to the form then doing a onchange for each of the to, cc, and bcc fields to update all_recipients. SO far it doesnt work. All the field returns is "undefined". Any help is greatly appreciated!!! ...

Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home.
Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home At http://ukcitygirls.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don't tell to anyone. ...

Links to closed files not opening.
I have a customer with a set of rather convoluted mish-mash of spreadsheets, basically running an entire company. One spreadsheet (SSa) has a number of links to 4 others (SSb,c,d). Everything works as expected if SSb,c,d are open, & then SSa is opened, but if SSa is opened before SSb,c & d, cells in SSa display #VALUE!. I have tried the same set of files on several machines, running Excel 2000,XP & 2003, all act in the same manner. I have tried to recreate the problem with a set of files linked in a similar way, but in any case, the links were able to access data in closed fi...

Updated records in forms
Each record in a form is a work order. School, contractor, days of work, etc. I have a pop up calendar to select a week ending date for each record. Record 1's week ending date is Nov 13, 2009. Record 2's week ending date is Nov 20, 2009. When I change the date in record 2, it's changing the date in record 1. Each record's week ending date become all records' week ending date? Can I use a pop up calendar in a record and be able to retain the correct week ending date for each record. If so, how would I be able to accomplish this? Thanks for your inp...

requery subform from sub form
Thank you how can i requery subform from subform ? "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23R9c$8tSIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Thank you > how can i requery subform from subform ? Me.Parent!Subform2ControlName.Form.ReQuery thank you the work correctly "Stuart McCall" <smccall@myunrealbox.com> wrote in message news:fl83eg$3o6$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23R9c$8tSIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >> Thank you >> how can i requery subform from subfo...

linked pages not working properly in mspub2000 for windows
Hi, On a pc, I created a 31 page document possibly done in Pub.98 that functioned perfectly. Now, while trying to edit/revise that document on a new computer in Pub 2000, finding that when I add new/additional text, instead of the text linking to the next page, it links to a page at the end of the document. For example, I am typing on page 20 and instead of the text continuing onto page 21, it jumps to the end of the document (page 31) I have tried to create links between pg 21 & 22, but can't create a link- I get a message that there is 'text'. It will only link to a bla...

link ALL emails to/from CRM contacts
We want to link ALL incoming and outgoing emails to CRM contacts automatically without having to depend on the user or owner settings. There may be several people who work with a contact so usign the contact owner doesn't work for us. We were thinking we could do this somehow with an exchange journal mailbox and an Outlook client running. However we can't seem to find a way aroudn the contact 'owner' issue. Will the journal mailbox have to be the contact owner for all CRM contacts for this to work? Is there any other way to do this? ...

Date field behavior differs between forms
I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields. In one, if I place my cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left of the field. In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the middle, it starts typing right where I am. Any ideas? I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form and I cannot find what is causing this behavior. I would love to get both of them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the cursor is. Thanks! Check the Text Alignment property of both controls (not ...

Conditional Formatting In a Datasheet Form
Hi All, I am trying to “Condition Format” a column on my form so it will highlight the individual cell if another cell in the same column has the same value. The form is in Datasheet view and it can not be changed from that due to the way I built the database. I have tried to build the condition format like so, Condition1 “Field Value Is” “equal to” [Column Name] and all it dose is it highlight the cell in the column when I input a record into it, regardless if it is a duplicate or not. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thank you for your time, Cage On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:34:06 -...

linked values not displayed unless source file open
i have an excel sheet with cells linked to cells in another seperate excel file. Excel will not show the values unless I have the source file open. this always used to work with the source file closed. Now the target file shows #value. this is a major nuisance if there are 7 or 8 linked files! please help. Sandy There are some worksheet functions that don't work with closed workbooks. =indirect(), =countif(), =sumif() are a few. If you share your formula, you may find that there's an alternative that you can use. Sandyc wrote: > > i have an excel sheet with cells l...

relative references when copying Sheets containing form controls
I've been given a spreadsheet that I need to take copy various sheets from, the sheets contain form controls, when I copy the sheet to a new workbook, named ranges and so on come across fine, but the references to the input ranges of for example the drop down box controls become hard coded to the original sheet, I don't want this.. Is there anyway to alter the way excel copies so that the references remain relative rather than absoloute???? What did you include in the addresses for those references? I put a listbox from the forms toolbar on a worksheet. If I used a range like: $b$...

Linked Servers & index access
I'm looking at the linked server configuration and am stuck on a why question. When configuring, if you want a remote user to be able to use the indexes on the server being configured, you must explicitly state so. The default is that remote users will not be able to use the indexes. Why on earth would you not want ANY user, let alone a remote user, to be able to use the indexes? After all, the indexes were put there to be used and improve performance. If anything, I would expect it to default to yes. Can you please explain exactly what it is that makes you believ...

how to build a dynamic form designer
hi, I'm looking for a runtime form designer. Where user can create some forms under some predefined business rules. once the user is done with the designs then all the information should be saved in XML or any such sink but not on client at all , you may say it thin client sort of thing. Once this functionality is achieved then I would need some mechanism to have that saved info in XML or DB to display the very forms in another app. So please if anyone had worked on such thing before or can atleast give some pointers that'll be much appreciated. thanks for your time. On...

Link from e-mail
I receive some e-mails with links to websites, some of which I want to access. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that Outlook will not allow me to connect to the web browser. I have searched but cannot find a way to make the links work - they used to. Anyone got a possible solution? Thanks Nick If you could include a bit more information: - The error message that you are getting. - Version of Outlook that you are using. - Name and Version of Web Browser that you are using. Thank you, Nikki "Scinick" <scinick@lycos.com> wrote in message news:WW1pk....

Required Field Pop Up in Front Page Form when no data entered?
I'm using Field Validation for required field entry. I would like to have a small popup requesting specific field entry, I'm using Frontpage....any suggestions? You can't customize the prompts FP form validation generates without replacing it with custom JavaScript - the FP form validation is already a popup, on form submit, telling you what is "missing" -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; ___________________________...

Some library have not installed or linked
I am working on a Access file in my work PC, now bring back to my home to continue working on that. However, when I tried to open and run it, it said "Cannot find project or library" eg. Pos function One error I noticed was the Date function does not recognised in my home PC, I know there is a way to look at what my Access .mdb file is linking to but I forgot how to look at that. Any idea? Your References collection is probably messed up. References problems can be caused by differences in either the location or file version of certain files between the machine where the ap...