Link to Power Point

Hi,
I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon clicking on
the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have the
Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so, how?
Thanks,

--
Phil
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker.
Try to be a bit more patient.

Craig

Phil wrote:

>Hi,
>I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon clicking on
>the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have the
>Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so, how?
>Thanks,

0
Craig
11/9/2009 3:35:15 AM
If you're linking to a *.ppt file then you need the Powerpoint application,
or the Powerpoint file viewer.  Your visitors will need this too.

"Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon clicking
> on
> the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have the
> Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so, how?
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Phil

0
Andrew
11/9/2009 11:18:51 AM
In addition to what Andrew said; your server may need to add the MIME type
for .ppt files contact your host to check.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon clicking
> on
> the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have the
> Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so, how?
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Phil

0
Rob
11/9/2009 9:46:07 PM
Hi Rob,
Sorry, but I don't see any reply from Andrew.  What did he say?
Thanks,
--
Phil

"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:

> In addition to what Andrew said; your server may need to add the MIME type
> for .ppt files contact your host to check.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon clicking
> > on
> > the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have the
> > Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so, how?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Phil

<quote  Andrew Murray>

If you're linking to a *.ppt file then you need the Powerpoint application,
or the Powerpoint file viewer.  Your visitors will need this too.

</quote>

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

> Hi Rob,
> Sorry, but I don't see any reply from Andrew.  What did he say?
> Thanks,
> --
> Phil
>

> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> In addition to what Andrew said; your server may need to add the MIME
>> type
>> for .ppt files contact your host to check.
>>
>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon
>> > clicking
>> > on
>> > the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have
>> > the
>> > Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so,
>> > how?
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > --
>> > Phil

0
Ronx
11/10/2009 8:10:39 PM
Hi Craig,
FYI,  each time I tried to make my posting I received an error from
Microsoft stating that there was a problem and that I should try again later.
 I went to try for the 5th time and saw that the other 4 posting were there.
They were not there before I tried for the 5th time.
Thanks for your worthless input.........................
--
Phil

"Craig Schiller" wrote:

> Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker.
> Try to be a bit more patient.
>
> Craig
>
> Phil wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon clicking on
> >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have the
> >Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so, how?
> >Thanks,
> >

> .

Hi Craig,
FYI, I tried to post this listing 4 times and each time I got a Microsoft
error telling me there was a problem and to try again later.  When I was
going to try the 5th time I saw that the other four times were now listed.
They did not appear until I was going to do the 5th try.
--
Phil

"Craig Schiller" wrote:

> Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker.
> Try to be a bit more patient.
>
> Craig
>
> Phil wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon clicking on
> >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have the
> >Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so, how?
> >Thanks,
> >

> .

That's because you are using the clunky web interface which maybe sometimes
works. You should use a newsreader.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: Hi Craig,
: FYI, I tried to post this listing 4 times and each time I got a Microsoft
: error telling me there was a problem and to try again later.  When I was
: going to try the 5th time I saw that the other four times were now listed.
: They did not appear until I was going to do the 5th try.
: --
: Phil
:
:
: "Craig Schiller" wrote:
:
: > Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker.
: > Try to be a bit more patient.
: >
: > Craig
: >
: > Phil wrote:
: >
: > >Hi,
: > >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon
clicking on
: > >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have
the
: > >Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so,
how?
: > >Thanks,
: > >
: > >
: > >
: > .
: >

0
Tom
11/11/2009 2:07:35 PM
What is a newsreader and where do I get it??????
--
Phil

"Tom Willett" wrote:

> That's because you are using the clunky web interface which maybe sometimes
> works. You should use a newsreader.
> --
> Tom [Pepper] Willett
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
> ---------------------------
> "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : Hi Craig,
> : FYI, I tried to post this listing 4 times and each time I got a Microsoft
> : error telling me there was a problem and to try again later.  When I was
> : going to try the 5th time I saw that the other four times were now listed.
> : They did not appear until I was going to do the 5th try.
> : --
> : Phil
> :
> :
> : "Craig Schiller" wrote:
> :
> : > Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any quicker.
> : > Try to be a bit more patient.
> : >
> : > Craig
> : >
> : > Phil wrote:
> : >
> : > >Hi,
> : > >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon
> clicking on
> : > >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just have
> the
> : > >Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If so,
> how?
> : > >Thanks,
> : > >
> : > >
> : > >
> : > .
> : >
>

> .

Phil -

Okay, here's some more useful input. Use a newsgroup reader to access
this forum at microsoft.public.frontpage.client. and you won't have that
kind of problem.

Craig

Phil wrote:

>Hi Craig,
>FYI,  each time I tried to make my posting I received an error from
>Microsoft stating that there was a problem and that I should try again later.
> I went to try for the 5th time and saw that the other 4 posting were there.
>They were not there before I tried for the 5th time.
>Thanks for your worthless input.........................

0
Craig
11/11/2009 4:07:43 PM
Outlook Express is one. Instructions:

And you'll be able to browse through the newsgroups to which you can
subscribe.
--
: "Tom Willett" wrote:
:
: > That's because you are using the clunky web interface which maybe
sometimes
: > works. You should use a newsreader.
: > --
: > ---------------------------
: > "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > news:E7832D1E-1549-4210-93F6-CA718A89218A@microsoft.com...
: > : Hi Craig,
: > : FYI, I tried to post this listing 4 times and each time I got a
Microsoft
: > : error telling me there was a problem and to try again later.  When I
was
: > : going to try the 5th time I saw that the other four times were now
listed.
: > : They did not appear until I was going to do the 5th try.
: > : --
: > : Phil
: > :
: > :
: > : "Craig Schiller" wrote:
: > :
: > : > Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any
quicker.
: > : > Try to be a bit more patient.
: > : >
: > : > Craig
: > : >
: > : > Phil wrote:
: > : >
: > : > >Hi,
: > : > >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon
: > clicking on
: > : > >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just
have
: > the
: > : > >Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If
so,
: > how?
: > : > >Thanks,
: > : > >
: > : > >
: > : > >
: > : > .
: > : >
: >
: >
: > .
: >

0
Tom
11/11/2009 4:21:34 PM
or Windows Live Mail

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tom Willett" <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
> Outlook Express is one. Instructions:
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
>
> And you'll be able to browse through the newsgroups to which you can
> subscribe.
> --
> Tom [Pepper] Willett
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
> ---------------------------
> "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : What is a newsreader and where do I get it??????
> : --
> : Phil
> :
> :
> : "Tom Willett" wrote:
> :
> : > That's because you are using the clunky web interface which maybe
> sometimes
> : > works. You should use a newsreader.
> : > --
> : > Tom [Pepper] Willett
> : > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
> : > ---------------------------
> : > "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : > news:E7832D1E-1549-4210-93F6-CA718A89218A@microsoft.com...
> : > : Hi Craig,
> : > : FYI, I tried to post this listing 4 times and each time I got a
> Microsoft
> : > : error telling me there was a problem and to try again later.  When I
> was
> : > : going to try the 5th time I saw that the other four times were now
> listed.
> : > : They did not appear until I was going to do the 5th try.
> : > : --
> : > : Phil
> : > :
> : > :
> : > : "Craig Schiller" wrote:
> : > :
> : > : > Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any
> quicker.
> : > : > Try to be a bit more patient.
> : > : >
> : > : > Craig
> : > : >
> : > : > Phil wrote:
> : > : >
> : > : > >Hi,
> : > : > >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon
> : > clicking on
> : > : > >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to just
> have
> : > the
> : > : > >Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?  If
> so,
> : > how?
> : > : > >Thanks,
> : > : > >
> : > : > >
> : > : > >
> : > : > .
> : > : >
> : >
> : >
> : > .
> : >

0
Rob
11/11/2009 7:00:08 PM
Or Thunderbird.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
---------------------------
"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
: or Windows Live Mail
:
:
: --
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[...]
: > : "Tom Willett" wrote:
: > :
: > : > That's because you are using the clunky web interface which maybe
: > sometimes
: > : > works. You should use a newsreader.
: > : > --
: > : > ---------------------------
: > : > "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > : > news:E7832D1E-1549-4210-93F6-CA718A89218A@microsoft.com...
: > : > : Hi Craig,
: > : > : FYI, I tried to post this listing 4 times and each time I got a
: > Microsoft
: > : > : error telling me there was a problem and to try again later.  When
: > was
: > : > : going to try the 5th time I saw that the other four times were now
: > listed.
: > : > : They did not appear until I was going to do the 5th try.
: > : > : --
: > : > : Phil
: > : > :
: > : > :
: > : > : "Craig Schiller" wrote:
: > : > :
: > : > : > Posting a question 4 times isn't going to get you an answer any
: > quicker.
: > : > : > Try to be a bit more patient.
: > : > : >
: > : > : > Craig
: > : > : >
: > : > : > Phil wrote:
: > : > : >
: > : > : > >Hi,
: > : > : > >I placed a hyperlink to a powerpoint file on my web page.  Upon
: > : > clicking on
: > : > : > >the link the "Run/Save" window comes up.  Is it possible to
just
: > have
: > : > the
: > : > : > >Power Point file run without the "Run/Save" window coming up?
If
: > so,
: > : > how?
: > : > : > >Thanks,
: > : > : > >
: > : > : > >
: > : > : > >
: > : > : > .
: > : > : >
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > .
: > : >
: >
: >
:

0
Tom

Format a chart to automatically update with last 26 data points?
I am trying to make a chart that will pull the most recent 26 weeks of data automatically so I won't have to go in and change the range every single week. I am adding the newest data to the right of the the existing data and would like to have the chart just to the right of the most recent data. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks! David See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html specifically example 2. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office p...

OUTLOOK.EXE Entry point not found #2
when i open outlook 2002, i get errors 'the procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL". I replaced the dll from another PC but still get the error. re-installed outlook and re- run windows set up with no success. Dont know what next to do. please help. Thanks in advace ...

This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be update #2
Please be patient and understand my dilemma: Master computer "A” uses windows XP and Office XP Slave computer “B” uses windows 98 and Office 2000 "A” & “B”, are networked through a hub In computer "A” share documents, we have several excel files including a master for updates; Computer “B” is use to work on “A” Hard drive for changing and saving data everyday When computer "A” opens any file, automatically updates links and saves excel files without any problem But if a file is open in Computer “B”, it prompts “This workbook contains one or more links that cann...

Breaking Links ?
Hi, could someone please tell me how I break links or find out what cells are linked to another source so that I can change them. Every time I open a particular workbook it tells me " This workbook contains links to other data sources" However the original workbook does not exist any longer or is on an old computer so is not valid any longer. Thank you for any help. I would use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Mel wrote: > > Hi, could someone please tell me how I break links or find out what cells > are linked to another ...

Linking linked sub reports to a linked Report
I have a report, report A, located in folder A location. I have a linked report of Report A, located in folder B location. I have a sub report, sub report A, located in folder A location. I have a linked sub report of sub report A, located in folder location b. Linked Report A works to an extent when its in Location B, but all of its sub reports are not working. (Error: Subreport could not be shown.) When you go into sub report A in location B and run it as a "report" and it works just fine, so the report works, it just doesn't like being a linked sub report ...

UPS tracking number to populate via custom link
This url http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1 will take me to the UPS tracking page but how do I get the tracking number to automatically populate into the page? I was out there looking for the same answer and found a decent one here: http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2004/12/ups_tracking_hacks.html > On Saturday, September 25, 2010 11:09 AM Doug wrote: > This url http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1 > will take me to the UPS tracking page but how do I get the tracking > number to automatically populate into the p...

Locating workbook links
How do you locate cells that are linked to another workbook? I copied formulas and data from another workbook into a new workbook. I did not intentionally link any cells in the new workbook to the original. Upon opening the new workbook file I get a message that there are links to another workbook and the question of whether I want to update the current workbook. I need to locate the cells with links to eliminate the links. "Jeff Cummings" <jeff@deloachvineyards.com> wrote in message news:2659001c38e7a$f6dc8fb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do you locate cells that ...

linked table from excel via vba and ADO object
Hi all,is there a way to automate linked table with the ADO object using VBAof course...

File:// Linking...
Why is it that when you link something in Outlook with file:// when clicking on the link it returns the error Outlook 2000: "Cannot find the file 'file://Q:\blahblahblah' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." Outlook 2003 "Cannot find the file "Q:\blahblahblah'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct." It used to work before any service releases to Outlook 2000 were applied. There are typically no spaces in the filename and if they are I usually replace th...

Linking different spreadsheets
Hi all, I have several seperate spreadsheets all in the same format and I was wondering if it would be possible to create another to total up the contents of the current lot. Is this possible? It has to be a seperate spreadsheet to avoid unnecessary complication for other staff. Thanks Ian This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/consol.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm The "Bread-Roll" consolidation method - great for accountants. See how simple it is to consolidate...

How do I get a value of a calculated point on an excel line chart?
I created a line chart in Excel and I wanted to find out if there was a way to find out the value on any particular point on the line (not one of the values I entered to create the line, but one in between)? On a Line or an XY chart? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "klc6778" <klc6778@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA711FAD-0AC7-4644-B987-0AD179CEF776@microsoft.com... >I created a line chart in Excel and I wanted to find out if there was a way > to find out the value on any particular point on the line (not on...

Excel windows media player links
Folks: I am looking for some ideas to complete this spreadsheet task via an excel function or any other technique. Here is the issue. I have an excel spreadsheet containing 100 HTML hyperlinks that MAY successfully launch windows media player to play associated video/audio files. Manually, I can click on my links and the Windows media Player MAY launch and play the associate media file IF THAT FILE IS FOUND I want to write a program/macro to click on (run) the hyperlink in each cell. If the media file is found, I want to write "1" in the adjacent cell. If NOT found I want to wr...

Using a conditional parameter within the LINK field
I have a Word document that includes links to a number of tables in an Excel spreadsheet. The links are defined in terms of defined names in the spreadsheet. I'd like to be able to link to different tables depending on the value of a custom property in the Word document but I can't get this to work. e.g. the following works OK: {LINK Excel.Sheet.8 \\\\domain.com\\mypath\\MyExcelFile.xls MySheet!Name_UK \f 0 \p} but I'd like to use something like {LINK Excel.Sheet.8 \\\\domain.com\\mypath\\MyExcelFile.xls MySheet!Name_{DOCPROPERTY Region} \f 0 \p} Where the nam...

Importing/linking spreadsheets
Is there an easy way I can import, or link to an external spreadsheet? Rather than going through cell by cell. I also want the spreadsheet to update automatically? Thanks Kestrel -- kestrel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kestrel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19082 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553564 in book1, copy the range of cell you want to import open book2, edit paste special-->in lower left hand side, click paste link then the cell will be update ...

Error Linking 2019. Please help...........
Hihi can any experience person please help to solve this linking problem that i have when using VC.net/MFC I kept getting this error whenever i try to use the function AccessibleObjectFromWindow(........) This is my function AccessibleObjectFromWindow(msnChildHandle, 0, IID_IAccessible, (void**) &accParent); This is my error MSNChatText error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _AccessibleObjectFromWindow@16 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall CMSNChatTextDlg::OnGetnow(void)" (?OnGetnow@CMSNChatTextDlg@@IAEXXZ) I have been trying to troubleshoot for days but...

custom error bars are linked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When adding custom error bars, some, but not all, of my error bars are linked the adjacent point. If I only enter the negative value and not the positive value, it becomes apparent this is only happening in one direction. I have been using custom error bars in two previous releases of excel and have never experienced this problem. I have updated excel to version 12.2.4 (100208) ESD. I do not manually enter my error values, but select cells in my worksheet that contain the values. I do not think I am enterin...

Partial Lost Formatting in Linked File?
I have a macro process that generates charts in a series of individual workbooks and copies each chart sheet from that workbook to a single workbook. This results in a workbook containing up to sixty charts, which I then mail out. Obviously, once mailed, the external links are no longer available. Not a problem, except for one thing... The X-axis is a date range. In the original copy (residing in the same workbook as the data), the axis looks good, and the mouseover text on all series works just fine - I see, for instance, 'Series "X" Point "10-Mar-06" Value: 0.033'...

Word 2007 error when trying to insert an object link.
I get the following error when I try to add an object link to a visio 2007 drawing: "The program used to create this object is Package. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that can open the object." I'm able to add the drawing as long as I don't check the 'Link to File' option. Unfortunately, our company policy is to link to the file. The file is stored in SharePoint and I give the entire path to the file. When the file is stored locally everything works fine. This has me stumped and any...

Create a copy of a form and link the entire form to a new datasour
Hi I have two surveys: the initial survey and a post survey. The Post survey includes all the questions in the initial survey as well as new questions. I want to save time in creating forms. How can I make a copy of the initial survey form and call it "Post" and add my new questions but change the source to my "Post" table without recreating the entire form? Thank you in advance. You change the recordsource of the second form. You can use a single form and change the recordsource on the fly. Just add a button to the form to change the recordsource...

Links to Word .docs
I create links to Word .docs in Excel. They work for a while. Then after a few days they no longer work! I point them to the folder where the file is: d:\data\here and later the link changes, on its own, to: c:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\there \book.doc !!! Why does this happen? What's going on? TIA Saved from a previous post: A few people have said that this has stopped a similar problem from occurring. Maybe it'll help you--but you'll have to test it to make sure. In xl2003 menus: File|Properties|Summary Tab|Hyperlink Base change it to C:...

Excel Chart Links into PPT
Why or how do we do links of excel files (charts)in to ppt? You can do it in Word, but I don't see the option in PPT. Correct - Mac PPt does not [still] support linking to external files of *any* type:-( -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <Blackluca@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:ee8c2df.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw... > Why or how do we do links of excel files (charts)in to ppt? You can do it > in Word, but I don't see the option in PPT. Thank you very much for your response. Not the one I wanted though, but thanks! > This message is in MIME...

Problem linking the second subform to the first one
Hello, My main form’s recordsource contains work orders headers. The first subform (datasheet view) contains work order details (item records) and linked to the main form through the work order number field. I do not have problems adding/editing records in the first subform. The second subform (datasheet view) contains production records (quantity manufactured for each item in work order by date). So, the second subform linked to the first subform through the work order number and item code fields. I created the Child/Master field links on the second subform and run in On Current e...

Hey, what's the URL to that IEEE floating-point number page?
You know, the one people post when someone doesn't understand why 22 / 10 yields 2.2000000000000000000001 instead of 2.2. Jeff Johnson wrote: > You know, the one people post when someone doesn't understand why 22 / 10 > yields 2.2000000000000000000001 instead of 2.2. > > Goldberg, I presume you mean??? <http://docs.sun.com/source/806-3568/ncg_goldberg.html> -- Hello, > You know, the one people post when someone doesn't understand why 22 / 10 > yields 2.2000000000000000000001 instead of 2.2. You could try : http://en.wikiped...

Publish w/o having to manually change links to get them to work
To get my web links (to my pages) to work, I have to manually type the whole url and file name to get them to work on the uploaded page. When I do this, the selected state feature no longer works. Answered in the Publisher web group... DavidF "ummibra" <ummibra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91940BCC-3958-4E4A-B8F6-CC97ED741887@microsoft.com... > To get my web links (to my pages) to work, I have to manually type the > whole > url and file name to get them to work on the uploaded page. When I do > this, > the selected state feature no...

Point limits for scatter diagrams
I have a relatively small spreadsheet which contains multiple X and Y coordinates for a scatter plot that represents defects over time. The data and the graphs are to be located in separate worksheets. However, none of the (X,Y) coordinates are in adjacent cells, and few of the X or Y coordinates are in adjacent cells. So, when I use the chart wizard to create the scatter plot, I have to use the following format to define the series of X and Y points: 'Source Data'!$G$1,'Source Data'!$G$5,'Source Data'!$G$6,'Source Data'! $G$11, etc. However, there seems to ...