How do I get Front Page 2003 to work with Windows7

I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website.  Last month I updated
my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007.  Several days later I try to log on
to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system is
not presently configured to run this application.  Load failed Cannont load
MSO.DLL"

Has anyone had a similar experience?  Or any advice?
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Change the compatibility to Windows XP.
(BTW, if you search this newsgroup, you'll see this issue has been addressed
many times._
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
"brucemcal" <brucemcal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website.  Last month I
updated
: my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007.  Several days later I try to log
on
: to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system
is
: not presently configured to run this application.  Load failed Cannont
load
: MSO.DLL"
:
: Has anyone had a similar experience?  Or any advice?

0
Tom
4/9/2010 8:17:30 PM
this problem appears to me and when i setup office 2003 beside my normal office 2007 , it works perfectly ,
 frontpage 2003 only can be used when you setup office 2003

brucemcal wrote:

How do I get Front Page 2003 to work with Windows7
09-Apr-10

I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website.  Last month I updated
my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007.  Several days later I try to log on
to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system is
not presently configured to run this application.  Load failed Cannont load
MSO.DLL"

Has anyone had a similar experience?  Or any advice?

On Friday, April 09, 2010 3:51 PM
brucemcal wrote:

How do I get Front Page 2003 to work with Windows7
I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website.  Last month I updated
my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007.  Several days later I try to log on
to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system is
not presently configured to run this application.  Load failed Cannont load
MSO.DLL"

Has anyone had a similar experience?  Or any advice?

On Friday, April 09, 2010 4:17 PM
Tom Willett wrote:

Change the compatibility to Windows XP.
Change the compatibility to Windows XP.
(BTW, if you search this newsgroup, you will see this issue has been addressed
many times._
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
---------------------------
updated
on
is
load

WPF Report Engine, Part 4
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ac799db-385f-431a-8a45-8b37cb7f3186/wpf-report-engine-part-4.aspx
0
zoro

Outlook 2003 features
1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Project-like use of Tasks (e.g., does it permit sub tasks) like Microsoft Schedule Plus? 2. Does Outlook 2003 have a Gantt chart feature? No on both counts...but you might want to poke around www.slipstick.com and see if there are any 3rd party addins that would add this functionality. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:296a301c4652b$32cdbe40$a401280a@phx.gbl, Sherry wrote: > 1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Pr...

Macro Not Working
Hi can any please advise me why my Macro is not working The Macro allows users to Input dates via a message box which shoul then be input in cells B1, B2, B3 & B4 - but this does not happen - I addition when I try to change the sheet name in the macro from Sheet2 t another name i.e. mydata it displays an error Sub Input_Dates1() ' ' MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q1") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub End If Sheet2.Range("$B$1").Value = MyName MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q2") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub E...

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Working hours
Hi, Every month we make a list of our employees working hours. ex. monday 10.00 - 16.00 = 6h tuesday 16.00 - 20.00 = 4h total 10h how can i calculate the hours together, some employ can have only 30 hours per week, now calculate by my fingers....sorry for my bad english Fredrik, Finland Day in Column A, Start time in Column B, End time in Column C, Start in Row 2. Make sure time entries are TRUE XL recognized times. Daily total in Column D, using this formula: =MOD(C2-B2,1) Say weekly total is in D9. Format D9 to Custom [h]:mm And use this formula:...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

Publisher
Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from happening? Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in print preview? What version Publisher? Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F995943A-B6A5-4B6B-...

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

Duplication of same page in same window. How to reverse?
Have duplication of one page in window. How can I return to single page display in window? Thanks - On Jan 11, 11:32=A0pm, Questions. I've got questions...... <Questions. I've got questions......@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have duplication of one page in window. =A0How can I return to single pag= e > display in window? > Thanks - Click on the bar between the two halves and drag it up to the top (or down to the bottom) of the window. Or, if this is Word 2003 or earlier, use Window | Remove Split. Or, if you are using Side by Side windows, cli...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

Registry hack for keeping Outlook 2003 in same state as it was when last closed?
Is there a registry hack that will allow me to keep Outlook, and any opened email windows, in the same position and state that they were when I last closed Outlook 2003? For instance, there are a number of calendars and messages that I prefer to have open each time I restart Outlook 2003. Is there a registry setting that will allow Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to remember the state of all the opened windows? What do you mean exactly? Do you want them opened each time you open Outlook, or do you mean when you have Outlook open, you want them to open in the same position as the last t...

I lost my Access (Office) 2003 disk
I have MS Office 2003 loaded on my computer, but someone stole all my program disks just over a year ago, and now I'm finding that things like the subform wizard doesn't load automatically with the program, but has to be loaded later from the program disk (I'm working out of some tutorial-type books for Access 2003). Is there some way of getting around this? Either just using Access workarounds, or is there some way of getting a hold of these (apparent) add-ins to the program, either on line or on disc? Thanks Rob, I answered your question in the Forms newsgroup, this morning. -...

FilesystemObject doesn't work anymore. How to fix?
I think that scrrun.dll is messed up (New technical term) somehow. But if I knew what I am talking about, I wouldn't be bothering you folks. This line: Set fso = CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject") causes this error message to appear: Error: (null) Code: 8002801D I've dragged scrrun.dll onto regsvr32.exe several times (just to be sure I actually had done it) , each time getting the message: DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\System32\scrrun.dll succeeded. I'm running WinVista Ultimate 64bit, completely updated. Does anybody have any ideas a...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

2003: LDAP Error
I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: field. The error header reads "Microsoft LDAP Diectory" The message is "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Check the settings of the Address Book. Tools -> Address Book. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16e7a01c41791$16dbb210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error > message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: > field. >...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

importing Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2003
In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and Received date for messages sent out have the same date. The import function in Outlook 2003 to import Outlook Express messages changes the Received Date to the date/time of the import. Is there a way to retain the Sent Date as the Received Date or is there a way to convert the Received Date of a sent e-mail to be the same as the e-mail's Sent Date. Regards, Rannoch "rannoch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016c01c42631$4e3d7500$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and ...

Modify Access 97 tables in Access 2003
How do I modify an Access 97 table using Access 2003 without converting the database? Is there any tool available? Rick This is only one person's experience... There is only one tool I'm familiar with that would let you do that, and it's called ... Access '97<g>! You've described HOW you want to do something. Now, if you'll describe a bit more about WHY you need this done, the folks here in the newsgroup may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com...

Configure "Outlook 2003" for Newsgroups
I use Office Standard Edition 2003 "Outlook" and wish to use it for Newsgroups, in "GO" News does not appear and in "Commands GO News" is not shown. How do I configure "Outlook 2003" to be used for Newsgroups? Thanks for help given, David F. On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 03:44:54 -1000, David F. Sage <dfsage <@tycanol.com>> wrote: > I use Office Standard Edition 2003 "Outlook" and wish to use it for > Newsgroups, in "GO" News does not appear and in "Commands GO News" is not > shown. > > >...