German government warns against using MS Explorer - 377

Now this must be the news of 2010

After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs,
IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.  Either
M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is completely
rubbish.  Either way we should start taking instructions from the German
government if this article is anything to go by.

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm>

Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?
0
John
1/16/2010 9:40:00 PM
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Now this must be the news of 2010

and 2011....and 2012....

  IE problems are almost weekly. There's no news
there. People want convenience. They want
entertainment. They want to check their gmail,
edit their Facebook, watch silly videos, and shop
online. They don't want to learn new tools. So they
use IE and enable script.

   The real surprise is that so many people
in high tech places -- people who should know
better -- are using IE and have script enabled.

   What hope is there for the mainstream if the
people in the know are so lazy?

0
mayayana
1/16/2010 11:39:50 PM
John Hacker <Jr> <xfsgpr@googlemaiI.com> wrote:

>After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs,
>IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.

"So far, Microsoft "has not seen widespread customer impact, rather
only targeted and limited attacks exploiting Internet Explorer 6""

Someone is still running IE 6?

Firefox and Mac OSs have just as many security vulnerabilities and
patches as IE and Windows.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Tony Toews [MVP] asked:

| John Hacker <Jr> <xfsgpr@googlemaiI.com> wrote:
|
|| After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service
|| Packs, IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.
|
| "So far, Microsoft "has not seen widespread customer impact, rather
| only targeted and limited attacks exploiting Internet Explorer 6""
| http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8460819.stm
|
| Someone is still running IE 6?
|
| Firefox and Mac OSs have just as many security vulnerabilities and
| patches as IE and Windows.
|
| Tony

0
Milly
1/17/2010 1:51:53 AM
Someone is still running IE 6?
I RUN IE 6 on Windows 98
And I not the ONLY ONE!

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> John Hacker <Jr> <xfsgpr@googlemaiI.com> wrote:
>
>>After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs,
>>IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.
>
> "So far, Microsoft "has not seen widespread customer impact, rather
> only targeted and limited attacks exploiting Internet Explorer 6""
>
> Someone is still running IE 6?
>
> Firefox and Mac OSs have just as many security vulnerabilities and
> patches as IE and Windows.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
> Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
> For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
>  updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
> Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/

0
Hot
1/17/2010 1:52:56 AM
Are you talking about this Security Release from Microsoft which was published a day
before yesterday which
addresses this issue.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/979352.mspx

--
Peter

"John Hacker" <Jrxfsgpr@googlemaiI.com> wrote in message
> Now this must be the news of 2010
>
> After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs, IE is
> still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.  Either M$ is now
> threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is completely rubbish.  Either way
> we should start taking instructions from the German government if this article is
> anything to go by.
>
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm>
>
> Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?

0
Peter
1/17/2010 1:59:41 AM
From: "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com>

| Someone is still running IE 6?
| I RUN IE 6 on Windows 98
| And I not the ONLY ONE!

IE6 SP2 on XP SP3 and loving it.

--
Dave

David
1/17/2010 2:27:45 AM
WTF is "MS Explorer"?

John Hacker wrote:
> Now this must be the news of 2010
>
> After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs,
> IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.  Either
> M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is completely
> rubbish.  Either way we should start taking instructions from the German
> government if this article is anything to go by.
>
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm>
>
> Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?
0
PA
1/17/2010 5:26:06 AM
"John Hacker" <Jrxfsgpr@googlemaiI.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> Now this must be the news of 2010
>
> After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs, IE
> is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.  Either M$ is
> now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is completely rubbish.
> Either way we should start taking instructions from the German government
> if this article is anything to go by.
>
> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm>
>
> Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?

The reason of what look likes to you of many more virus
infections in IE browsers are surely a result of the very profound
inegualities in market share. This inegualities is perhaps as profound
as around 1 to 99 or till something around 5 to 99.
That said; you're right on another point. Windows users has been
overloaded with problems araising from the fact that too many new
programs has been sent out having problems, even all formers never
gets fully unbuged. Even far from unbuged. The company apparently
needs money and/or lacks qualified programmers.
And my windows 7 64bit is just as slow as Vista was. In fact, windows 7
is a disguised Vista.
/senn

0
senn
1/17/2010 11:07:10 AM
inegualities?  What?

In news:67504D2A-8DB6-462E-B728-4248F4840D17@microsoft.com,
sgopus <sgopus@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> inegualities?  What?
>
> "senn" wrote:

Good grief Snoopy! You can't figure that out?

>> "John Hacker" <Jrxfsgpr@googlemaiI.com> skrev i meddelelsen
>>> Now this must be the news of 2010
>>>
>>> After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service
>>> Packs, IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's
>>> systems.  Either M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence
>>> or IE is completely rubbish. Either way we should start taking
>>> instructions from the German government if this article is anything
>>> to go by.
>>>
>>> <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm>
>>>
>>> Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?
>>
>> The reason of what look likes to you of many more virus
>> infections in IE browsers are surely a result of the very profound
>> inegualities in market share. This inegualities is perhaps as
>> profound as around 1 to 99 or till something around 5 to 99.
>> That said; you're right on another point. Windows users has been
>> overloaded with problems araising from the fact that too many new
>> programs has been sent out having problems, even all formers never
>> gets fully unbuged. Even far from unbuged. The company apparently
>> needs money and/or lacks qualified programmers.
>> And my windows 7 64bit is just as slow as Vista was. In fact,
>> windows 7 is a disguised Vista.
>> /senn
>>
>> .

0
Twayne
1/18/2010 1:21:24 AM
Troll alert.

:
: After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service Packs,
: IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.  Either
: M$ is now threatened by Googles rise to prominence or IE is completely
: rubbish.  Either way we should start taking instructions from the German
: government if this article is anything to go by.
:
: <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm>
:
: Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?

0
Tom
1/18/2010 1:42:37 PM
"Tony Toews [MVP]" wrote:

> Someone is still running IE 6?

Wishful thinking aside about 11.5% last month

source:
http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php
I searched some more, turns out people find this source more representative:

http://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2
(Net Applications)

If there is any truth to this the number of IE6 users would be significantly
higher.

It lies at about 21%, making it the most widely used IE version as well as
browser in general.
  I don't know if you noticed, but someone is
pasting an increasing number of groups onto this
thread.

> "So far, Microsoft "has not seen widespread customer impact, rather
> only targeted and limited attacks exploiting Internet Explorer 6""
>
> Someone is still running IE 6?

  I'm running IE5. My approach is "Never update
anything from MS if you don't have to. The newer
one is always worse." (That's been my rule of
thumb since XP came out.)

   But I wouldn't use IE online, either. I just use
it for running HTAs and testing webpages. The bigger
question is why people at Google and other big
tech. companies are using IE.

   In any case, it's not just IE6. That's misinformation
that Microsoft is trying to spread. The exploit was found
in all versions from the beginning. It's been shown
to work in IE6/7 and to at least crash IE8:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/15/ie_zero_day_exploit_goes_wild/

> Firefox and Mac OSs have just as many security vulnerabilities and
> patches as IE and Windows.

   If I were going to go online with script enabled
I'd much rather be using FF than IE. (But life's
too short to use MacOS, whether it's safe or not.:)
Firefox is also easier to configure. Even experts
have a challenging job setting the literally *thousands*
of Registry values associated with IE security. In
Firefox one can just enable or disable javascript.

   I'll believe Microsoft cares about IE security when
they block all ActiveX and put a big red button on
the toolbar. The button will enable script per-site,
and when it's clicked it will show one of thise annoying
MS warnings: "Script is not safe. Are you sure you
want to enable script for this website?"

   But that won't happen because online companies
want script for tracking, visitors want interactive
pages, and MS wants their browser to work well
with webpages, no matter what. ... And I suppose
that if they ever do rein in script/ActiveX that will be
about the time that exploits of Silverlight start popping
up. :)

0
mayayana
1/18/2010 7:43:15 PM
cycle <cycle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I searched some more, turns out people find this source more representative:
>
>http://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2
>(Net Applications)
>
>If there is any truth to this the number of IE6 users would be significantly
>higher.
>
>It lies at about 21%, making it the most widely used IE version as well as
>browser in general.

I had no idea.   Thanks for finding those statistics.

I wonder why?  Is it that hard for folks to do the Windows Updates?
Or is IE 7 and IE 8 an optional install?   I can't recall now but I
think it is.  I've seen non computer literate friends ignore that
"Updates are ready for your computer" for months and months.

Maybe MS should change that so after a year the latest version of IE
is no longer optional but mandatory unless you explicitly choose to
not install it.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony
1/18/2010 10:31:15 PM
On 2010-01-19 11:31 a.m., Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:

>> http://www.netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2
>> (Net Applications)
>>
>> If there is any truth to this the number of IE6 users would be significantly
>> higher.
>>
>> It lies at about 21%, making it the most widely used IE version as well as
>> browser in general.
>
> I had no idea.   Thanks for finding those statistics.
>
> I wonder why?  Is it that hard for folks to do the Windows Updates?
> Or is IE 7 and IE 8 an optional install?   I can't recall now but I
> think it is.  I've seen non computer literate friends ignore that
> "Updates are ready for your computer" for months and months.

Unlike most updates, they require the user to explicitly agree to their EULA.
However, I'm told another major factor is the number of corporate machines which
need to run LOB web applications not yet compatible with/certified for IE7.

Heck, from what I've heard, there are still far more people than you'd think
running LOB applications that were written for 16-bit DOS and have never been
updated.  Expecting the same folk to rewrite web apps so they work on IE7 is
just a bit too hopeful. :-)

   Harry.

--
"I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only
foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks."

Anybody who exposes M$ weakness becomes a troll but all MVPs <Most
Valuable
Pigs> who are poodle of M$ are doing a fantastic job - is this correct?
Do
you guys sleep around with each other as well and s u c k each others c
o c k
s and p u s s i e s?

Have you thought of doing something to your manhood so that your brain
can
also develop.

hth

Tom Willett wrote:

> Troll alert.

0
ANONYMOUS
1/18/2010 11:32:12 PM
Surprisingly for all MVPs IE is a wonderful tool without thinking while all
those rational ordinary users are prepared to discuss and debate with an
open mind.

Does this say something about MVPs and their level of intelligence?  I for
once don't want to bring myself to their level of intelligence if they are
so stupid.  Milly, baby, take notice.

All MVPs have so far disagreed with the German Government and one wonders
whether MVPs are better placed to comment on such important issues publicly.

I for once don't take German Government at their face value because they
have, in the past instructed their offices to use Linux so I am not
surprised they came out with this latest salvo.  However, M$ (Germany)
accepted that IE was the weak link so who am I to argue with them?

hth

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message
> "Never argue with an idiot, they will just bring you down to their level
> and
> then beat you with experience."
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, Tony Toews [MVP] asked:
>
> | John Hacker <Jr> <xfsgpr@googlemaiI.com> wrote:
> |
> || After nearly 10 years of unlimited patches, hotfixes and service
> || Packs, IE is still a weak link in recent attacks on Google's systems.
> |
> | "So far, Microsoft "has not seen widespread customer impact, rather
> | only targeted and limited attacks exploiting Internet Explorer 6""
> | http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8460819.stm
> |
> | Someone is still running IE 6?
> |
> | Firefox and Mac OSs have just as many security vulnerabilities and
> | patches as IE and Windows.
> |
> | Tony

0
John
1/19/2010 6:04:26 AM
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana@rcXXn.com> wrote in message

>  I don't know if you noticed, but someone is
> pasting an increasing number of groups onto this
> thread.

What's keeping you from deleting them?  Laziness?

--

Roy Smith
Windows 7

0
Roy
1/19/2010 2:05:37 PM
"John Hacker" wrote:
> Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?

It's certainly the best at bringing up Malicious Websites and neglecting to
inform their users. Of that, there is no doubt.
--
____________________________
People with opinions just go around bothering each other....

That's why I use Yahoo
and not Google's search engine!

"Keith Richards" <KeithRichards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "John Hacker" wrote:
>> Is google's search engine more powerful than M$ Bing?
>
> It's certainly the best at bringing up Malicious Websites and neglecting
> inform their users. Of that, there is no doubt.
> --
> ____________________________
> People with opinions just go around bothering each other....
> www.cannonbeachcomputers.com

Hot
1/30/2010 11:20:26 PM
"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That's why I use Yahoo
> and not Google's search engine!

Who cares what you use as long as it does the job.

Are you taking english classes to improve your english to participate fully
in these newsgroups?

hth

0
ANONYMOU
1/30/2010 11:55:06 PM
taking english classes to improve <<< all I know is

"ANONYMOU S" <ANONYMOU_S@EXAMPLE.COM> wrote in message

> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> That's why I use Yahoo
>> and not Google's search engine!
>>

> Who cares what you use as long as it does the job.
>
> Are you taking english classes to improve your english to participate
> fully in these newsgroups?
>
> hth

0
Hot

How to use a DLL!?
Hi all, according with your experince: 1. I'm exporting class functions from DLL instead of global function, is there something i've to check!? 2. I need to run a DLL func in a separate thread, at moment the app create the thread and exec this func. I actually prefer the DLL to start the thread, any problems doing so!? Thanks you all!! Ale ...

No results using DateDiff
I am working with DateDiff . I get no error messages but also do not get any results in my calculated field. I have two dates, START_DATE and END_DATE and I need to know the number of days between them. START_DATE and END_DATE are both Date/Time type with a Short Date format. I am working in the QBE grid to write the query. I select an empty column and put my DateDiff calculation on the line below Or: in the Criteria area. I have tried: [END_DATE]-[START_DATE] and DateDiff("d",[START_DATE],[STOP_DATE]) Both approaches ask for parameter values for Time and STOP_DATE. If I d...

Transfer Files Using VBA
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You could create a batch file (from the olden days) using XCOPY and desired bel...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

Use of subkeys in SetRegistryKey
The following code causes ini settings to be stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Product Group\<application name> \<section name>\<value name> SetRegistryKey("Company\\Product Group"); This is what I want it to do, but there is nothing in the documentation to say that this should work. Is this unsupported behaviour that may not work in future windows versions or supported but undocumented behaviour? Thanks <dimstthomas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190714009.923549.98910@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following code causes ini sett...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Using Outlook with a VPN
Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to work from home, today one of the employees highlighted a problem with it though. When connected through the vpn, they are unable to access their Outlook emailand insted have to disconnect and then access through a normal dial-up. Any thoughts? Many Thanks Try this. When you get the VPN login screen, choose Properties. On the Options tab, check the box next to Include Windows logon Domain. That helped me. Bob >-----Original Message----- >Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to >work f...

Frustrated Beyond Measure
I loved Money 2005, recommended it to friends and got 2 great years of use out of it. Then, it forced me to upgrade to continue online services. I didn't mind since it was only $40 and I got two good years out of it. However, Money Plus Deluxe has been a nuisance. I have never gotten portfolio manager to work. I spent 2 weeks sending emails with support where the guy eventually said "if this doesn't work, I can't help you." Great... shoudl I go buy Quicken? This weekend, I decided to try to completely uninstall Money and try a reinstall to get Portfolio Manag...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Exchange no longer available
Courtesy of Katrina, my brother-in-law's job and Exchange server are no more. He knows he has personal folders and contacts on his laptop, but Outlook choles on not connecting to Exchange and won't let him see the local stuff either. How does one tell Outlook not to try to connect to Exchange and instead use the local pst file? It might be easier to create a new profile and then use File Open to access the personal folder file, you create a new profile in Control Panel || Mail <philmcin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126736961.961262.92120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

MS Visual C++ "Cann't initialize Debugging subsystem"
When i press Go(F5) for Debug my IDE is asking "Remote Executable path and file" and if i give the exe(static not remote one) then it is telling "Cann't initialize debugging Subsystem" - Any idea about this error message! Even if i press cancel when it asks for remote exe then also debuger is not getting start!! Thanks in Advance! Rajan dm.dll is exist at my machine! And also TheApp is not for WinCE; Hence, i guess it could be some other IDE setting problem -Rajan RajanM wrote: > When i press Go(F5) for Debug my IDE is asking "Remote Executable path > an...

Internet Explorer 8 is too slow
Windows XP pro sp 3 Ram memory 1gb I decided to download Internet Explorer 8 since there will be an end to Internet Explorer 6. I liked Internet Explorer 6 because it was fast. This is the way I downloaded Internet Explorer 8 Internet Explorer 8 download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=341c2ad5-8c3d-4347-8c03-08cdecd8852b The download went very well and all the updates have been completed. My question is, "Why is Internet Explorer 8 so much slower than 6"? I can almost go get a cup of coffee in the time it takes to open. ...

having problems using performanceCouter
hi, i've made a program that shows the CPU idle time using the performance counter, using Visual C# . however, from some reason, it works on any computer other than my home PC . i've searched on the net but couldn't find what causes it. what i get is an exception that if is not caught, closes the program. here's a picture of what i get while debugging: http://img294.yfrog.com/i/picture20091211182403.png/ what i think is that maybe some service of windows (that the performance counter needs) doesn't work well(or is just disabled) . my computer runs on Windo...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...

MS Money 2002 #4
How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money 2002? You mean the mail address on your Passport? You have to go to the Passport Web site to do that. http://www.passport.com. Were I you, to be on the safe side, I'd go to File|Login Lockbox and remove the passport from your Money file first. Then go and change the email address on the Passport, the re-add the Passport, if you really want to. "Dawna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4caa01c3e46f$c54f09a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money ...

using screen...
Hi, I have problem with the query in the cascade combobox when the form name change. Is there a way to replace the following using screen.activeform [Forms]![frmCoFundReview]![Partner] => screen.activeform.[Partner] ? SF Not that I know. You could use a separate query for each form. Each query would have the correct form name for the combo box. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "SF" <samnangs@pactcambodia.org> wrote in message news:u%23z%23g6iyKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have probl...

MS Money 2005 Install
I purchased MS Money from Microsofts web site, Installed without a problem, Once it completes all updates and asks to restart money, I come up with the trial version. any ideas? I had the same experience. Here's what I did: First of all, I had made an online purchase of MS Money 2005 Deluxe for $60. Then, I ended up with the trial version, just as you did. Subsequently, while I was poking around in the trial version trying to figure out how to activate the full product, I found that the trial version advertises purchasing the full product of MS Money 2005 Deluxe for $40. So...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

In Word how to use Outlook, Excel
I am using Word 2007. How can I access Outlook contacts or Excel documents from Word -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions To access Outlook contacts, Outlook must be your default e-mail application in Windows. You can then use Insert Address (which you can add to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) . What is it that you want to access from Excel? If you need to look something up in Excel and enter it into a document, you will need a macro. You can however use edit paste special to insert Excel cells copied to the clipboard. -- <>>< ><<...