Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads

A                                   B                                   c

1                           Project Start Date                    Jan-10

2                            Project Duration                          25

3                              Project  Cost                    1000000

In B6 i wriiten formula    IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1)
In D6 i written formula  IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2)
in E6 i writtend formula
IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*D6^2)*100,"")))

In F6 i have written    IF(B6="","",E6*$C$3)

the formula in B6 is copied down till  B40 so that when i change number in
c2 it changes automatically .
My problem is from F31 onwards it shows as blank but computer reads as 0
when it plots the chart.
If any body did't understand please send me mail i will forward the file to
them

frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is an Excel problem, not FrontPage.  FrontPage is for web pages, not
spreadsheets.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"vmohan1978" <vmohan1978@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A                                   B                                   c
>
> 1                           Project Start Date                    Jan-10
>
> 2                            Project Duration                          25
>

> 3                              Project  Cost                    1000000
>

> In B6 i wriiten formula    IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1)
> In D6 i written formula  IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2)
> in E6 i writtend formula
> IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*D6^2)*100,"")))
>
> In F6 i have written    IF(B6="","",E6*$C$3)
>

> the formula in B6 is copied down till  B40 so that when i change number in
> c2 it changes automatically .
> My problem is from F31 onwards it shows as blank but computer reads as 0
> when it plots the chart.
> If any body did't understand please send me mail i will forward the file
> them

0
Ronx

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Move to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 009601098-9 2004 000801098-...

Results from blank linked cells
I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the copy/paste/link cell method. How can I get a blank space (as opposed to the zero I am presently getting), in the destination, if the source cell is blank. I am linking a input sheet to several forms that must be sent out, but I don't want a form that will have a number of zeros in it. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) If the linked cell looks empty, show empty, else show the value. Mr. Anolog wrote: > > I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the &g...

Charts #3
If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 to 100 How do I do this? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday WHERE? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday "jr" <kiii63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00fc01c36813$5688d060$a601280a@phx.gbl... > double click on the current chart axis values on the > desired chart axis. You can set the scale in the popup > window. > >-----Original Message----- > >If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 > to 100 How do I do > >this? > >...

CListBox strings not showing up
Hi all I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET (1.1) So I create a dialog window, draw a simple CListBox, create the variable (m_listbox), then do: m_listbox.AddString("hello!"); UpdateData(FALSE); but nothing shows up. Only until I click where "hello!" should be, is the text visible. So that means I inputted correctly, but there must be some aspect I'm missing. It's probably pretty nooby, but help? Hello, Since you are accessing the control directly, remove the call to UpdateData(FALSE). UpdateData(FALSE) updates (or synchronizes) the controls in the dialog...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU"
I have a large database containing columns with one column specifies the product name. In one instances, I need to retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU" of the entire string in the cell. Delete those rows without it. The problem is , that the AU of the string can appear in any position, not a fixed position. Is there any simple way of doing it? Many Thanks! Regards, Bora Hi, You can use AutoFilter. Choose the command Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the autofilter drop down in the column H and choose Custom and from the first drop down, t...

Removing blank spaces
I have two text fields storing part numbers. One stores a stripped number and the other stores a spaced number. Example: (12345 and 12 34 5). I have a Search text box that I currently type a stripped number into and the record is retrieved. I need help on the following: If a spaced number is entered, I would like to strip all spaces and have it find the stripped number as if I had typed the stripped number first. can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. hdfixitup Replace( yourString, " ", "" ) should replace the spaces to nothing. That function may not works, i...

worksheet labels based on cell results
How can I build a macro to use the contents of several cells in a column to label a corresponding number of worksheets with their contents. Ideally this would also build links to the tabs so that a user could click on a specific cell (in that column) and be redirected to the corresponding worksheet Thanks, Mitch Hi for labeling the tab try something like activesheet.name=activesheet.range("A1").value For the second question try using a Hyperlink (Insert - Hyperlink) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mitch wrote: > How can I build a macro to use the contents of ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC
Dear Forum Members: I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC image) up and running on my external hard drive. Does anyone know how to point Microsoft VPC to the Microsoft CRM VPC image loaded on my external hard drive? Please help! Thanks, I think the CRM3 VPC has expired "Caseroo" <Caseroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C46BB4-71F1-41C1-8BB2-899325493D1E@microsoft.com... > Dear Forum Members: > > I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM > 3.0 > (VPC i...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

time line in chart
Hi How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. timeline Thanks Jon I know this is too elementary, but go from here: You have a scatter chart from A1:B6 (X A1:A6; Y B1:B6) 10 3 11 4 12 5 13 6 14 7 15 8 A 2nd source series is A8:B9 (X A8:A9; Y B8:B9) 13 0 13 6 giving you the a vertical line at X=13. "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi >How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. >timeline >Thanks >Jon ----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.prone...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

mapping keystroke to a cell
I would like to map a keystroke to a cell and have it add up the number of times the keystroke has been applied. For instance if I touched the A key 3 times it would give me the value of 3 in one cell. If I touched the B key 2 times it would give me the value of 2 in another cell. I'm thinking of using this in a laboratory situation. Where I could count the different types of blood cells under a microscope using the keyboard. Once I reached a total of a 100 diffent types of cells it would play a .wav file that would alert me that the count of 100 had been reached. Using a differ...

need to edit blank email
I have started working with Outlook 2003, and am exceedingly annoyed that the messages I make are all spaced out at inordinately large intervals. A little bit of knowledge being dangerous, I have fixed Word and Excel to start exactly as I want them to, and would like to do the same with Outlook. When I am done composing a message, I Select All and |Format|Paragraph| and set Before and After to 0 and it collapses the message somewhat, but its annoying to have to keep doing it. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. -- Regards, P D Sterling Florida, New York USA are you using wo...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...