Calendars

What's the current concensus on good organization calendar tools?  
Looking for something to embed into a non-profit's website, that 
multiple folks can have edit rights on, and all can read.  Would want 
to be able to include links, of course.

(Can Google's calendar do this?  A quick test makes it appear to 
require signing in when browsing the site.)

Thanks!

-- 
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org


0
Karl
5/24/2010 9:29:42 PM
frontpage.client 522 articles. 0 followers. Follow

10 Replies
806 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52

EZ_Sneezy-Cal is a free and simple online calendar writen in PHP and MySQL.
This calendar has plenty of useful features, but not complicated with 
features you probably won't need.

This calendar is great for personal use, business, organzations, schools, 
etc...

There are 2 different modes the calendar can run in. Privacy Mode: and 
Public mode!

http://jdtmmsm.com/projects/project.php?projectID=11231


"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:eS0c6g4#KHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> What's the current concensus on good organization calendar tools?  Looking 
> for something to embed into a non-profit's website, that multiple folks 
> can have edit rights on, and all can read.  Would want to be able to 
> include links, of course.
>
> (Can Google's calendar do this?  A quick test makes it appear to require 
> signing in when browsing the site.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- 
> .NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
> Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
>
> 
0
Hot
5/24/2010 10:01:39 PM
WebCalendar, free, easy, ..some hosts already have it for free and will 
install the db for you for free. Can be public for read only, and you can 
password with different levels of access.

hth

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression Web






"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:eS0c6g4#KHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> What's the current concensus on good organization calendar tools?  Looking 
> for something to embed into a non-profit's website, that multiple folks 
> can have edit rights on, and all can read.  Would want to be able to 
> include links, of course.
>
> (Can Google's calendar do this?  A quick test makes it appear to require 
> signing in when browsing the site.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- 
> .NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
> Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
>
> 

0
Rob
5/25/2010 5:03:35 AM
....and I would install it in a subweb if you're using FP, then just create a 
link to it from the main web.

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression Web






"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:eS0c6g4#KHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> What's the current concensus on good organization calendar tools?  Looking 
> for something to embed into a non-profit's website, that multiple folks 
> can have edit rights on, and all can read.  Would want to be able to 
> include links, of course.
>
> (Can Google's calendar do this?  A quick test makes it appear to require 
> signing in when browsing the site.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- 
> .NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
> Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
>
> 

0
Rob
5/25/2010 5:04:21 AM
Hot-text wrote:
> EZ_Sneezy-Cal is a free and simple online calendar writen in PHP and MySQL.
> This calendar has plenty of useful features, but not complicated with 
> features you probably won't need.
>
> This calendar is great for personal use, business, organzations, schools, 
> etc...
>
> There are 2 different modes the calendar can run in. Privacy Mode: and Public 
> mode!
>
> http://jdtmmsm.com/projects/project.php?projectID=11231

Hmmmm, most of the links (Summary, Screenshots, Documentation, ...) on 
that page 404.

-- 
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org


0
Karl
5/25/2010 4:31:57 PM
Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> WebCalendar, free, easy, ..some hosts already have it for free and will 
> install the db for you for free. Can be public for read only, and you can 
> password with different levels of access.

That just screams "trouble!" at me, when I go look at it.  PHP?  
Database?  What's the possible advantage over using something like 
Google?  (Really not trying to be argumentative.  I just don't get it.)

Thanks...

-- 
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org


0
Karl
5/25/2010 4:35:28 PM
True on the 404s the webmaster need to work on he pages!
but the link to the freeware PHP calendar works

But I am running the PHP calendar at
http://hot-text.ath.cx/calender/calendar.php
And
http://ej-maria.ath.cx/calender/calendar.php
if you need to see a good working links on the PHP calendar!



"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:#bhDNfC$KHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hot-text wrote:
>> EZ_Sneezy-Cal is a free and simple online calendar writen in PHP and 
>> MySQL.
>> This calendar has plenty of useful features, but not complicated with 
>> features you probably won't need.
>>
>> This calendar is great for personal use, business, organzations, schools, 
>> etc...
>>
>> There are 2 different modes the calendar can run in. Privacy Mode: and 
>> Public mode!
>>
>> http://jdtmmsm.com/projects/project.php?projectID=11231
>
> Hmmmm, most of the links (Summary, Screenshots, Documentation, ...) on 
> that page 404.
>
> -- 
> .NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
> Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
>
> 
0
Hot
5/25/2010 6:04:09 PM
Yah PHP.
I ran it on a linux site for 3 years with no problems...in a subweb.
I had also used Google calendar, but ended up staying with WebCalendar.

The main reason stayed with WC was I had complete control and it was easily 
integrated into the design of the existing site.

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression Web






"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:OEgqKhC$KHA.5168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
>> WebCalendar, free, easy, ..some hosts already have it for free and will 
>> install the db for you for free. Can be public for read only, and you can 
>> password with different levels of access.
>
> That just screams "trouble!" at me, when I go look at it.  PHP?  Database? 
> What's the possible advantage over using something like Google?  (Really 
> not trying to be argumentative.  I just don't get it.)
>
> Thanks...
>
> -- 
> .NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
> Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
>
> 

0
Rob
5/26/2010 3:55:01 AM
Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> Yah PHP.
> I ran it on a linux site for 3 years with no problems...in a subweb.
> I had also used Google calendar, but ended up staying with WebCalendar.
>
> The main reason stayed with WC was I had complete control and it was easily 
> integrated into the design of the existing site.

I'm hoping to hand off maintenance to folks who are scared of HTML.  
Would that change the recommend?

-- 
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org


0
Karl
5/27/2010 9:11:56 PM
no...it's perfect...admin is a web interface that you can also give public 
access (I wouldn't, but you could).
once you have it set up and styled for them it's a piece o'cake.



-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP Expression Web






"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message 
news:eoer9Ee$KHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Yah PHP.
>> I ran it on a linux site for 3 years with no problems...in a subweb.
>> I had also used Google calendar, but ended up staying with WebCalendar.
>>
>> The main reason stayed with WC was I had complete control and it was 
>> easily integrated into the design of the existing site.
>
> I'm hoping to hand off maintenance to folks who are scared of HTML.  Would 
> that change the recommend?
>
> -- 
> .NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
> Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
> ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
>
> 

0
Rob
5/28/2010 5:21:01 AM
Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> no...it's perfect...admin is a web interface that you can also give public 
> access (I wouldn't, but you could).
> once you have it set up and styled for them it's a piece o'cake.

Interesting!  Okay, worth a closer look, thanks...  :-)

-- 
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org


0
Karl
6/1/2010 7:43:56 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

OWA calendar
When arranging a meeting using webmail clicking the 'availability' button results in a '503 Service unavailable' error. (in mozilla) When using IE you recieve a different error 'the service is no longer available' To my knowledge nothing has changed on the server and this functionality used to work, although I had never used it. we have a front end backend infrastructure and you reiceve this error what ever exchange server you go to, be it FE or BE. Anyones help would be appreciated -- Steve T I'm guessing that you're having a connectivity problem to th...

imported calendar file, now Outlook not responding
I imported a calendar file (in Personal Folder File (.pst) format), and Outlook "froze up" while importing the file. Now I am unable to use Outlook becuase it opens then becomes "Not Responding." When I send the error report to Windows I get some message about WinFax Pro conflicting with Outlook. However I had opened and used Outlook many times before importing the calendar and got no message about WinFax Pro or freeze up problems (and I don't think I own WinFax Pro--though I do have Norton). I would be happy to "purge" the calendar if I could--but I tr...

linking Outlook 2007 calendar to Access 2007
I am trying to link bookings in our Acess 2007 database with an Outlook 2007 calendar and started following the Outlook: File > Export/ Import > Import from another program route ... but my choice for Access only comes up as Access 1997-2003 which, of course, doesn't find my database! Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? Many thanks! If you want to setup a link between Access and Outlook, importing is not the way since that won't be a link. To create a link, you'll have to set it up from within Access; Select the External Data tab-> button ...

exchange calendar update tool v2
Hi all, I unintall the tool v1 and try to install exchange calendar update tool v2. I just can not get it installed as it asks me to uninstall v1 which I removed it already. I reboot the machine and sstill same. Can anyone help me? Another way, what's the easy way to grant the user "send as"permission to all mailboxes to run this tool? Thank you. John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I unintall the tool v1 and try to install exchange calendar update tool v2. >I just can not get it installed as it asks me to uninstall v1 which I re...

2005 Calendar for Excel
I went to http://office.microsoft.com/templates/category.aspx? CategoryID=CT061993171033&CTT=6&Origin=EC010963431033 and have already used the 2004 Excel template but when I clicked on 2005 there were no Excel templates. Does anyone have a place where I can get next years or is there a way to manipulate the 2004 to create 2005 month tabs? Thanks in advance. You may get more help if you say which excel template for 2004 you want to try to use for 2005. There seem to quite a few at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT062100861033.aspx Mike King wrote: > > I wen...

How to add an event to everyone's calendar ?
How do I add an event to everyone's calendar on a particular Exchange 5.5 server ? Basically, i'd like to modify the default calendar so that mailboxes created in the future also get this too. If this can only be done to the Exchange site, that would be ok too. Thanks, T Tucker ...

locating a calendar database
Hi, I'm trying to find a calendar database that I got from someone in this group. The thing I remember is the calendar could show one month or show all twelve months. If anyone knows were this database is please post the link. Thank-you. Might have been Stephen Lebans' wrapper for the Microsoft Month Calendar Common Control: http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Parker" <malpar@red...

sharing the calendar over a network without Exchange server
I want to share the calendar over the network, but Exchange Server is not being used. The network is on a domain. Server is running Back Office 2000 and the stations are using XP Pro. Using Outlook 2002 Check this page: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023401c39ffc$68f02750$a501...

Office started to display Calendar items and other dates in German
This might be strange. Entourage displays Calendar (months and days) in German language. As well every file preference in Office displays dates (months and days) in German language. In International preferences I have set that my locale is in Slovenia. Any ideas how to change that? Matej Hi, Some other people have reported oddities with languages and preferences. I know Microsoft is aware of the problem but I am not aware that there is any way to fix it yet. As long as you have autoupdates turned on you will get the latest update as soon as it is available. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP Quotin...

Need Yearly 2010 Calendar for Office XP 2002, in Word or Excel
I'm looking for a Yearly 2010 Excell workbook or Office document, that I can add entries in every month and then print them. Can anyone help me? Angi it is not clear exactly what you want. Have you considered the Calendar in Outlook? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "AbsolutelyAngi" <AbsolutelyAngi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DC08625-ECA3-4F26-9DA8-31BC9145F4DB@mi...

Loading Outlook 2000 e-malis, contacts, calendar, etc on a new computer running Octlook 2007
How do I transfer my Outlook 2000 contacts, calendar, e-mails, etc from my old computer to my new computer running Outlook 2007. I have 2 Personal Folders on Outlook 2000 - I exported/backed up the 2000 ..PST files, but when I tried to restore them in Outlook 2007 itye only imported 1 of the 2 Personal Folders and NO contacts or calendar data. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Sue "Sue Montague" <smontague@mcgoldrick.net> wrote in message news:1sKoj.1413$R84.421@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > How do I transfer my Outlook 2000 contacts, calendar, e-mails, etc ...

Outlook Calendar Archives
It is possible to archive a calendar? I have a user that wants to archive the last years calendar so that he will not loose any of the information it it. Could not find anything on the web specific to this subject without it referring to normal pst files. Outlook Archive uses PST files...but you can certainly use it for the calendar. .Remember, it will archive based on the date the item was last modified. Personally, I don't like PST files much - are you using Exchange? If so, keep mailbox quotas reasonable - calendar items rarely take up much space. Sent items & attachments ar...

Creating Custom forms In Calendar
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 calendar as an appoinment book for my IT support business. However the normal layout for appoinments is not ideal for what I need. I would like to expand the Location field to be a full address block with Postcode (zip) and telephone number and the main freetext area to drop down fields for Type of fault ie hadware/software and symptoms etc. Does anyone know if there are any cheap(preferably free) templates available for Outlook 2003 Calander or a fairly simple tutorial which will allow me to create my own.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Syncronize outlook with my live calendar
Can anyone let me know how to syncronize outlook with my live calendar, I have downloaded & installed the outlook conector but can't seem to find a sync option. "f0023" <f0023@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F3BC44-4DE4-4076-86DE-C5E1F4B26899@microsoft.com... > Can anyone let me know how to syncronize outlook with my live calendar, I > have downloaded & installed the outlook conector but can't seem to find a > sync option. Installing the Outlook Connector, defining your live account in Outlook, then making those folders the del...

Accessing outlook calendar from another company #2
We are working very closely with another company and need to be able to see each other's calendar. We use oulootk 2003 with an exchange server verison 5.5. The othe company use outlook 2003 without an exchange server. Is there any way to be able to see each other's calendar through the internet? Thank you very much for your help Look into the Identity Integration Feature Pack. It may present you with a solution. Nue "Marta" <reimpell@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1142876452.587884.199820@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We are working very closely with ...

How do I Delete Holidays from Calendar?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347084627_92971 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I rather overenthusiastically imported holidays from UK, USA, NZ and Australia and now cannot tell which belong to which country! In trying to delete all but one, I edited categories, where they were listed as Holidays USA, etc but the event still appears on the calendar. Can anyone please help with how to remove the unwanted countrie...

Outlook calendar #9
When holidays are displayed they spread over 2 days and have a clock on both ends. Cannot seem to change anything to get rid of it. ...

Time updating but not calendar date
The date & time are set to automatically update, and the time zone and location are correct. Yesterday, the date was updated as it was reporting November of last year. Today, the time has updated correctly but the date is saying the Sunday the 14th (here it's the end of the 15th.) What may be causing this, and what is the fix? Thanks, Sue =?Utf-8?B?cHJhemlt?= <prazim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1F17360A-9BD8-4A90-B958-760450F3B3B7@microsoft.com: > The date & time are set to automatically update, and the time zone > and location are corr...

Calendar- Clip Art
Is there a way to add clip art to calendars in Outlook 2003? No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C7524D8-6943-40DB-A103-2A0C8C4AADA5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to add clip art to calendars in Outlook 2003? ...

Service Calendar and Outlook
I searched for days for an answer to this before posting but I can't figure it out. When creating Services activities in the CRM 3.0 Web app I add technicians as resources. If the technicians have personal appointments in Outlook (not tracked in CRM, for example they have a dentist appointment) how do I know not to schedule that technician? CRM doesn't seem to take into account the free/busy time in Outlook Thank you, Shaun Shaun, >From my experience with the Service Calendar I found that it would check your Outlook calendar because its basically just comparing the Exchan...

Color coding calendar
Is there a way I can automatically format a public calendar for all users? Create a new named view on the folder with the scope "on this folder = visible to everyone" and give it the automatic formatting settings you = want.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote in message = ne...

Shared Calendar in Exchange 2003
I have difficulties with adding a shared calender in Exchange 2003. It is possible to add folders with the Exchange System tool. But there is no option to add a calendar. How do I create a common and shared calendar in Exchange 2003? I have experimented with Outlook 2002, and have added a calendar to my personal mailbox. When logging in with OWA, i cannot access it. The listing of personal folders, however, shows the presence of my newly created calendar, but it is not possible to open it. Any ideas? What am i doing wrong here? /Johan Open Outlook -> View -> Folder List...

This meeting is not in the calendar, it may have been moved or del
I have a user that gets this error on every meeting sent to her. I have checked online and have not found a fix yet. is she running Outlook in cached mode? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "ghutnick" <ghutnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35850EDB-FEC7-4E3F-95ED-760C9A2264F4@microsoft.com... >I have a user that gets this error on every meeting sent to her. I have > checked online and have not found a fix yet. > No. "Susan" wrote: > is she running Outlook in cached mode? > > -- > Susan Conkey [MVP] > > > >...

Can't view calendars
My Boss is unable to view calendars but has the appropriate permissions using Outlook 2003. (he has Admin rights) When he tries to view a calendar he gets the message "unable to display the folder, cannot open the mailbox for this user because the user does not have a server mailbox". I found KB article 813603 which states this problem may occur when two user accounts do not reside on the same Exch. Server Org. and the status was that Microsoft has confirmed this is a problem with Outlook 2003. But I only have one Organization, and the users are on the same server. The on...

Can't print a monthly calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hi, <br> I have a problem with printing a monthly calendar from my older computer using OS X 10.4. <br> When I try to print, the usual dialog box comes up, but there is no preview and it doesn't matter whether I try to print, save as PDF (save box comes up), preview or anything, nothing happens. <br> I press print, save, preview and the dialog box disappears and that's all. <br> No error, no nothing. <br> I can print emails etc from the same applica...