Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. #5

hi,

Some of emails only we are getting the below message, i don't understand why
it is validate 'http://spamblock.outblaze.com/85.129.193.233'
 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
            <inkdomain.ipcldom.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Message from
85.129.193.233  rejected - see http://spamblock.outblaze.com/85.129.193.233>

--
Mohammed Idris
Ink Products Co. Ltd

You are missing a PTR record for that IP address.
Some anti-spam applications refuse mail if a PTR is not in place.
You will need to talk to your DNS team, who handle your external-facing DNS,
and request that they add a PTR record for your IP.
http://www.essential.co.uk/Products/Mailmarshal/AntiSpam_info_pages/AntiSpam_reversedns.htm
The reason that some of the messages are getting through is because some of
the recipient domains do not require PTR records.
--
Bob Christian II
http://bobchristian.blogspot.com  - Blog

"Mohammed idris" <Mohammedidris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> Some of emails only we are getting the below message, i don't understand
> why
> it is validate 'http://spamblock.outblaze.com/85.129.193.233'
> There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
> Please contact your system administrator.
>            <inkdomain.ipcldom.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Message from
> 85.129.193.233  rejected - see
> http://spamblock.outblaze.com/85.129.193.233>
>

> --
> Mohammed Idris
> Ink Products Co. Ltd
> System Administrator
> Riyadh
> K.S.A

0
BobChristian (293)

It's a minor thing, but I would really appreciate your help. I was recently upgraded from NT to 2000. Now, whenever an email enters or is deleted from the main panel there is an animated slide of all the other emails listed. This slide is painfully slow, and I find that once it has started my system will hold up processing any other request (like if I clicked to switch windows, it will stay in outlook until the slide is done, then switch). I have researched the knowledge base, and I see nothing there. I have turned off every animation selection I can find, but the behavior co...

Public Folder auto-response message?
Is there a way to create a mail-enabled Public Folder that has an auto-response like, "Thank you for submitting your request...."? Any help is much appreciated, thx---Kevin Hi, This should help: http://groups.google.dk/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/f6e67d9532d47ec/fb62a9a5423ad896?lnk=st&q=exchange+public+folder+autoreply&rnum=5#fb62a9a5423ad896 Leif "Kevin" <kevin@jdgdredd.com> wrote in message news:C16273EE.944%kevin@jdgdredd.com... > Is there a way to create a mail-enabled Public Folder that has an > auto-response l...

Exchange Intelligent Message Filter
Hi All, I know there are performance monitors and events log but I can't find any logs for the IMF Is there any log for the IMF ? According to the deployment whitepaper, performance and event logs are the only "log" areas. "Idan" <idan_le@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OmrN5F5SEHA.3768@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I know there are performance monitors and events log but I can't find any > logs for the IMF > Is there any log for the IMF ? > > ...

Exch 5.5 SP4 Address book View Permissions
It looks like I have fallen into a trap with the Exch 5.5 SP4 update We recently decided to import a bunch of addresses from another location into our GAL and was overwhelmed (they have more folks than we do). I've never set up any Address Book Views before and everyone just sees the whole list of the GAL. With this influx of addresses, I decided I needed to set up Views to make it easier on everyone I can not set up a view. I get an error: You do not have the permissioins required to complete the operation Microsoft Exchange Director ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_R...

Exchange 5.5 mailbox's over 5GB
I am running Exchange 5.5 and have a couple of users that have mailbox's over 4/5 GB and the Exchange administrator is reporting them having a size of 0. Any ideas or tools that I can use to show actual sizes of these or all mailbox's that I can export to a viewable format. What version of Outlook are you using as a client? If you use Outlook 200 or newer (cant remember if Outlook 98 hase this feature but I know that Outlook 97 doesn't) you could select properties on the mailbox and then press the button Foldersize (I don't know if this is the correct name of the button sinc...

Keep copy of forwarded messages in Inbox
If a message arrives in my Inbox and I forward it to someone, I still want the message to stay in my Inbox. But it doesn't - it disappears to my sent box. I want it to be in both places. Still in my Inbox, with a copy in by Outbox showing that I did forward it to a colleague. This was automatic in Outlook Express so I am lost. How do I force this in Outlook please? Thank you. Linnane Do you have your Inbox sorted by the icon column by any chance since normally Outlook keeps a message forwarded from your Inbox in your Inbox. Check to see how the folder is sorted. "Lin...

Error moving/copying messages from 1 folder to another
The following seems to apply to many mailboxes in our Exchange 5.5 environment. I am tryinig to move messages from one folder to another and I constantly get the following message: "Can't copy the items. Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied." I have tried to move these using the exchange admin account. I have tried different versions of Outlook (2000 / 2002). I have tried to copy/move to different folders. I have noticed that I can do one message at a time, but only if I open the message first. Obviously I can do this for th...

Selected Message(s) could not be moved.
In trying to drag a message from my in-box to a personal file folder I keep getting"the server has reported an internal error" then "The selected messages could not be moved. An error has occurred" How can I fix it? ...

Setup the excluding list for sending message size restriction
Hi, I want to setup excluding group of sending message size restriction and I do not where to start. For example, all employee have 2 MB attachement limit but I also need to setup exclusion group for manager and sale people which requiring 5MB. What will be the best way to implement it? I will be appreciated your suggestion and hints. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow Johnny: I can think of a couple of ways to do this, but probably the simplest is to set your global outgoing message limit to 2MB. Then, on the Exchange General property page for the users that can send large...

Exchange Server 2003 not allowing message forwarding to external e
Using SBS 2003 with Exhcange Server 2003. Using Outlook 2003. Created a rule for forward a copy of all mail to my hotmail account. When I process the rule, the mail is not sent. Wondering if by default Exchange blocks forwarding of mail to external accounts. If so, how can I open this up for a specified address? Yes, Exchange 2003 blocks forwards and replies to the Internet by default. Your Exchange admin is a very wise person to leave it this way. Company mail should never end up in Hotmail, Yahoo! mail, or any ISP mail. Let's not get started on mail loops. --� Milly Staple...

emailing multiple recipients
Trying to send the same email to multiple people through outlook express or Act with only one recipient being shown at one time. How do I do this. Thank you. ...

Exchange 5.5 #27
How can I free up some disk space on my Exchange 5.5 Server. The folder called exchsrvr is 90GB in size. The following are taking up all the space on the Server: The Priv.edb and Pub.edb under the MDBDATA subfolder. Also, the IN and OUT folder under the IMCDATA subfolder which contain Archive Folders. VJ - When's the last time you ran a defrag on the database? I inherited a message store that I thought was huge - 10gb for a 20 person user base. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? kbid=143233 For information on where to begin. I gained 30% on the first run....

Keep users from logging into Exch 5.5 mailbox
We are in the middle of an Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003 migration. On this Friday when some of our users come in they will have been migrated to Exch 2003 but some will still be on Exch 5.5. We are using exprofre.exe in their login script to redirect their Outlook profile if they have been migrated to Exch 2003. Here is the problem --- if for some reason the profile redirection does not work the user can still get into their Exch 5.5 mailbox. Even though the Exch 5.5 mailbox will be hidden Outlook still lets them access. We have to leave this Exch 5.5 server running because there are still users...

Receiving Messages #3
I checked the always hide this dialog box that comes up when I hit send and receive messages. Now how do I get it back? Jeff Jeff Thoele <jeftho@qpetty.com> wrote: > I checked the always hide this dialog box that comes up when I hit > send and receive messages. Now how do I get it back? Depends on your Outlook version. For OL 2003, click Tools>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings>Show Progress. -- Brian Tillman I'm using Outlook 200...

Questions RE: Intellegent Message Filtering
I've been working with IMF for about a week now and have it tweak fine for our organization. I do, however, have a couple of questions. During the past week I've had IMF set to Archive rejected email so I could review them and tweak my threshold as necessary. I'm now satisfied with what is being rejected and would like to know if I should change the action to Delete or Reject? Is it possible to change the NDR text? I'd rather it say something like "Recipient does not exist" instead of "message refused" If I set it to reject will the sender assume t...

Exchange 5.5sp4 on Win2k Relays even when restrictions are properly Set!
I have seen a situation where the server was set up correctly and was still relaying mail. Settings were set and unset. IMC was deleted and re-configured properly (as it was before) and SP4 was re-applied all to no avail. This also included restarting the server as well. The guest account was not enabled and all user account and administrator passwords had been changed to very complex passwords. Authenticated relay was disabled. It was not until the service account passwords were changed (again from complex to complex) and the services restarted that the relaying was stopped Telnet to t...

Gridlines #5
I have an Excel Spreadsheet that when accessed and printed through Excel 2000, the gridlines print fine. However, when accessed and printed through Excel XP, there are only random gridlines printed. Page Setup is checked, Print Preview appears fine, but random gridlines only on printed document. Any suggestions? It's very annoying! ...

Printing on 5.5"x8.5" paper
I am trying to print invitations and I have purchased 5.5"x8.5" paper to use. Within Publisher I have changed the paper to the correct size, changed the formatting, etc. but it continues to print incorrectly. It's as if it is printing in the center of a 8.5"x11" piece of paper. How do I fix this!? What version Publisher? You need to setup a custom size in your printer. Publisher should reflect the size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sarahkc2003" <Sarahkc2003@di...

Exchange 5.5 and W2003 Server migration
Hello. We are migrating from WNT Server 4.0 to W2003 Server on several geographical sites (one NT domain per site before migrating, one unique domain and several Active Directory sites after), and we've got a problem with Exchange Server 5.5. Here it is... I have a W2003 Server DOMA domain (already migrated), in which I have an Exchange 5.5 server on a W2000 Server, member of DOMA. I had a Windows NT Server 4.0 DOMB domain, approving DOMA. On my Exchange 5.5 server, I have mailboxes that were linked to DOMB users' accounts. In our migration, we are deleting DOMB, and recrea...

Operation failed message
I just installed Outlook 2002. I created a number of email accounts and assign them to the Outlook.pst file. Every time I click on the Send and Receive All Messages, an error message appears reading "Operation failed". I cannot figure out what I did wrong during the installation process. Can you help me? Thanks in advance, Oscar ...

Non-Exchange Calendar Invitation Message was sent to Badmail
I have an Exchange 2003 with SP2. Some reason, non-Exchange calendar invitation messages were sent to Badmail and some users have missed some meeting. Is there some knows why it happens and how to resolve this issue? Thanks for your comments in advance. I would try to figure out what is wrong with the messages. This is likely a problem on the sender's end. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Cheongseo" <Cheongseo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D8C6F2-9CB9-4DA6-8F06-...

Sending HTML message with anchors

multipart messages failing to "join"
I have an outlook 2000 that isn't handling multipart messages sent by = outlook express(you know, the option to break messages if size>XXXKB). i have all the parts in the inbox(2 mails with 1/2 2/2 subject) with the = ..DAT files inside, but they're not compiled, and remain unreadable. Instead, outlook express compiles them perfectly. is this a design problem or a known incompatibility? ...

corrupted messages in user's mailbox when migrating...
Hi, i've migrated a whole bunch of users successfully from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003. the problem is i have two mailboxes that appear to have some corrupted messages in them, not many, just a few. the option i choose when migrating the user is 'not to move the user if there's corruption and not all messages can be moved' which just creates a failure report. what's the best way to approach this migration? trace the messages from the failure report , delete them, and then move the mailbox? open to any other suggestions. thanks, eddie. On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:57:...

Outbound messages to domains w/ smart host stuck in queue
Hello Outbound messages to domains w/ smart host takes a long time to deliver. The message will stay in the queue for many retries. I want to what can be done to help fix this problem. Exchange 5.5 sp4 Isaac Irizarry "Isaac Irizarry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Outbound messages to domains w/ smart host takes a long >time to deliver. The message will stay in the queue for >many retries. I want to what can be done to help fix this >problem. Why not contact the admin of the smarthost machine and ask him? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchan...