Hi Im hoping someone could help with this one. I have a customer where
i set up the ability for secretary to be able to access her bosses
mailbox as well as the hope to send as that user (boss). Well i
followed both of these articles, MS 327000, 281208. as well as
information that i found from searching other post and still the user
gets the message when trying to send as the other user:

      user@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM
assistance, contact your system administrator.
            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=domain:SERVER

I have that delegated user ( secretary) with rights in the "mailbox
rights" button in active directory under exchange advanced, Also set
"send as" in the "security" tab in active directory, I even went to
exchange system manager and in the private mailbox store gave "send as"
send as rights to the secretary to see if it would go. i want rights
given but still the user cannot send email under the other persons
email address in the from field. I know that somtimes in microsofts
directions they might leave off a step that they just assume i would
know so they dont bother mentioning it, but if anybody has any ideas
what i could be missing that would be great. thanks in advance.

P.S. i really need this help

0
eli.ripoll (10)

eli.ripoll@verizon.net wrote:

						[ snip ]

>      user@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM
>assistance, contact your system administrator.
>            MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=domain:SERVER
>
>I have that delegated user ( secretary) with rights in the "mailbox
>rights" button in active directory under exchange advanced, Also set
>"send as" in the "security" tab in active directory, I even went to
>exchange system manager and in the private mailbox store gave "send as"

The error says that the person can't send *TO* the mailbox. It doesn't
say they can't send *AS* the boss!

					[ snip ]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

but yes i do realize that it says "cant send to " and not send as. but
in all my digging  around the net everyone that had this exact error
msg said the fizx was at the send as permission. but if you know what
im probably missing that would be great.

thanks in advance.

0
eli.ripoll (10)
11/23/2005 4:27:59 AM
eli.ripoll@verizon.net wrote:

>Thanks for the reply sorry bout the multiple post new to group posting
>:p
>
>but yes i do realize that it says "cant send to " and not send as. but
>in all my digging  around the net everyone that had this exact error
>msg said the fizx was at the send as permission. but if you know what
>im probably missing that would be great.

Have you checked the properties of the recipient in the AD? Are there
any delivery restriction on the recipient?

Since the error is returned as a NDR and the source is the Information
Store that would seem to be the problem. If the lack of "Send As"
permission was a problem the sender wouldn't have been able to send
the message at all (assuming they were using Outlook with MAPI/RPC and
not using SMTP to send the message).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

send and close
Word 2003 Hi , When you send a Word doc as an e-mail, there is a button for "Send a Copy". How can I get Word to close automatically after I click that button. Do I have to do it via code or is there another button that I can put in the tool bar. Thanks, Joel ...

Rules not working #7
I have a mail profile that I use with one email address that gets a LOT of spam. I have a fair size number of rules (probably 10-15) for categorizing and filtering it, all of them starting wth "Apply this rule after the message arrives". Problem is that most of them only work about half the time. I'll get some messages that were moved to the correct folders, and some similar messages still in the inbox. If I click "Rules Wizard" and the "Run Now" button, selecting all the rules, it moves the ones still in the inbox to the correct folder. How come it didn&#...

test #7
test ...

Send #3
Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after send/receive. Hi - please tell us your version of Outlook, what service pack you have, what mode if applicable (see all this in help | about) and what kind of e-mail account you use. Bernie wrote: > Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in > the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after > send/receive. ...

How to send a multipage newsletter in the body of an email
First, the caveats. 1. I use Outlook Express so I can't be certain that this process will work if you are using something like AOL, Juno, Netscape Mail or the like. I'm sure that it will work with Outlook even tho I haven't tested it. If you are using one of those programs and you try this, I'd be interested to hear if it worked. 2. This process could produce a hefty email. I used a four page Publisher template and the file size is about 800 KB. As you change fonts, add pictures, etc, the size will grow. 3. If your audience has their email set for text only, there'...

can i send a weekly calender to others?
I want to send a weekly calender to my collegues. How do i do this?? What version of Outlook? Do you want to send them a calendar they can open in Outlook or will a calendar in a word document do? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do y...

Outlook 2003 trying to send nonexistant email
I have a 2 part problem but the main issue is it trying to send an email that doesn't exists. I have att DSL on XP SP2. I can send and receive email from both of my yahoo email accounts through Outlook express. In outlook 2003 I receive a sending error "connection to server was interrupted" when I try to send on either of these email accounts only and not my ATT accounts. This is a problem but my main problem is that I continually receive this error on one of my two yahoo accounts when I have outlook open. There are no emails in my outbox and I have deleted this account a...

Do not have permission to send to this recipient #2
Hi there, I'm having a problem with Advanced Mailbox rights in native mode Exchange 2003 in a mixed-mode 2000/2003 AD domain. Client is Outlook 2003 on either Win2k or XP sp1/2 I would like to give a set of users permissions to a common service account mailbox from which they can generate a response "From" that mailbox (i.e., not their personal account). I do this by going to the Exchange Advanced Tab|Mailbox Rights and assigning the user Full Mailbox Access. The user is then able to add the mailbox to Outlook, except when they try to send the email FROM that account, t...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

reset mbx permissions
Hi, I'm using Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 98, 2000 and 2003 clients. How can I reset the permissions on a mailbox and make them default again on all (sub)folders (standard:none)? I'm not talking about the permissions on the mailbox set in the Exchange Administrator Recipients container. I'm talking about the permissions set in the Outlook client. Is there a command line switch for this,.? Thanks in advance, Dirk "Dirk" <dirk@ikke.com> wrote: >Hi, > > > >I'm using Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 98, 2000 and 2003 clients. > > > &...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

cannot send or receive mail
I configured my Outlook 2003 the same as my Outlook express that has been running successfully for years. I can create mail and it remains in the outbox even after send/receive button is pushed. No error message at all. Just no action and when I close it I do get told that there are messages waiting to be sent. ...

outbox won't send
I can not empty the outbox when I send mail. I can do each one seperately. The problem I belive is the outbox is not included in the send receive group. Outlook 2002 will not allow me to add it either. is there a way to unlock or unblock this??? ...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Windows 7 uninstall
Well, fool that I am sometimes, I bought an upgrade to Windows 7 Professional at Costco to put on my Dell laptop which is running Vista Home Premium. Turns out I can't do the upgrade but can do an install. So I did, turns out that I now have both operating systems running and hardly any room left on partition D. Next step, I think, is to uninstall 7 and rethink the whole thing. I haven't been happy with Vista, makes the laptop run terribly slow, wish I'd gotten XP instead. Dell's answer to me was to buy another computer, running 7. How does one go about...

New Windows Tempalte LIbrary (WTL) 7.1 released
This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows XP and CE. Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm > This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows > XP and CE. > > Download links: > http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm Wow - intersting way to promote your politicala agenda. Back on topic.. has anyone ever written documentation for WTL? One of the beefs I had about it when tring to use it 3 years ago was the utter lack of documentation. -- Jim Johnson ...

Upgrading from Great Plains 7 (SQL) to Great Plains 8
When upgrading from Great Plains 7 to Great Plains 8 will all dexterity and other supported customizations be persisted? I would doubt it since some there were changes in some of the tables. I know that some of our customized reports, specifically Purchase Orders and most of the documents in Sales Order Processing that we customized had to be redone. "GaryG" wrote: > When upgrading from Great Plains 7 to Great Plains 8 will all dexterity and > other supported customizations be persisted? Hi If you have had any bespoke work added to your v7 GP, you will need to up...

Exchange 2003
Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:42:01 -0700, Fui Fan <FuiFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. >Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? If everyone can do this you may have the all users (if there is one) security group inside an Exchange group you shouldn't. Look on the properties of a user account (yours perhaps) and see what groups have "Mull Mailbox Access". Nobody...

Recipient Filtering
EX2k3 SP2 Hi I would like to enable the "filter recipients who are not in the directory" option under Global settings/Message Delivery/Recipient Filtering. However we allow an IIS server in the domain to relay email though the exchange server. If the “filter recipients who are not in the directory" option is selected will this cause e-mail relayed by the IIS server to non AD recipients to fail? Regards SuperPlay Recipient Filtering and Relaying are separate pieces of functionality and as such you should not have any problems. Nue "SuperPlay" <SuperPla...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

Sending but not receiving
Hi there!, I can send email to an especific person, he receives it, but i can't receive only his email. I checked already if his account was on my blocked sender list, but he isn't there. I'm using Outlook express, Full Updated. I have reset all my internet settings, and options. Nothing. Still not getting "his email only". By the way, this other person is using Outlook XP Standard edition, and we checked together all the options and settings and it looks like the emails he sends to me are going out without a problem; but i still don't get it !!! Please Help !...

granting users Send as permissions causes errors unless they select the FROM address from the GAL
I've got some users who have two mailboxes, each with a different address. They need to be able to select which address they send from, on occasion. I've given them "send on behalf" and "send as" permissions the 2nd accounts. But, unless they select the FROM address from the GAL, they get the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. If they manually type in the address, they receive this error. This is only a problem because I would prefer to hide the 2nd account from the GAL, to avoid confusion. Does anyone know a way around this?...