You cannot create entries for this Address Book

I'm trying to create a new entry to the GAL on Exchange
trough Outlook, although getting "You cannot create
entries for this Address Book". I've tried playing with
permissions with no result.
I still think it's the permission issue, although cannot
figure out which one.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook can not create recipients in GAL.

Andy wrote:

> I'm trying to create a new entry to the GAL on Exchange
> trough Outlook, although getting "You cannot create
> entries for this Address Book". I've tried playing with
> permissions with no result.
> I still think it's the permission issue, although cannot
> figure out which one.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/20/2004 9:54:06 AM
Hi Andy,

The GAL is created based off of the users, distribution lists and contacts
that are mail or mailbox enabled in Active Directory. If you need to add a
contact for an external user to the GAL, you can just create a Contact in
Active Directory with the external email address in it and that should work.

--
Thanks,
James Burrage

"Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a new entry to the GAL on Exchange
> trough Outlook, although getting "You cannot create
> entries for this Address Book". I've tried playing with
> permissions with no result.
> I still think it's the permission issue, although cannot
> figure out which one.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
jburrage (106)
1/23/2004 9:01:10 PM
I'm sorry, but my last post was referring to Exchange 2000/2003. If you are
using Exchange 5.5, then you can create a Custom Recipient in the Exchange
Administrator to accomplish the same thing.

--
Thanks,
James Burrage

"James Burrage [MSFT]" <jburrage@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Andy,
>
> The GAL is created based off of the users, distribution lists and contacts
> that are mail or mailbox enabled in Active Directory. If you need to add a
> contact for an external user to the GAL, you can just create a Contact in
> Active Directory with the external email address in it and that should
work.

> --
> Thanks,
> James Burrage

rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

> "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to create a new entry to the GAL on Exchange
> > trough Outlook, although getting "You cannot create
> > entries for this Address Book". I've tried playing with
> > permissions with no result.
> > I still think it's the permission issue, although cannot
> > figure out which one.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
jburrage (106)

How to insert an address from Outlook 2003 address book ?
Hello, 1) How to insert directly an address from Outlook 2003 address book ? I do not want to make of a mailing but only I want to inserer the fields of my address book punctually without having to pass by the phase of import / export of the address book. 2) How to add a "address book" button in the toolbar of Excel 2004? Thank you for your help !! ...

CreatePointFont creates font of different size in VS 2005 vs. VS 2
Hi, I 'm converting projects from VS 2003 to VS 2005. One suprising thing is a different visible font size on the screen (at some places in my apps) It seem that : font.CreatePointFont(80, "Arial"); now creates a slightly larger font (on a 96 dpi Monitor) then before (lfHeight=-11 vs. -10). Is this indented? BR, Uwe ...

Creating replicas manually DPM 2007
Can someone please help me with instructions on how to create a replica manually? So far the Technet article has been incorrect as I cannot access the the share once mounted through explorer. And there is no clear information on where to copy the data using command prompt. Here is the procedure for creating replica manually http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb809133.aspx You cannot access replica through explorer. You have to access the volume using command shell. -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://bl...

Creating a US map in Excel
Doesn't Excel have a map function where I can select data that includes states and create a US map? ...

download global address list
Im trying to make my global address list from the company available offline for when Im not connected to the server. We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2000. I have already tried going to Tools -> Syncronize - > Download Address Book, but when I go there, there are no pull down menus for any address books, its just blank. I really have no idea as to whether this is an Exchange issue or an Outlook problem, but either way I cannot get it to work. ...

How to create Alt Tag for an image inserted in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2003, Professional Edition, and Windows XP. I have dragged an image into the HTML message from Photoshop and tested it by emailing the message to one of my other accounts. Everything works fine. Now I want to create an Alt Tag for the image, so users who don't receive HTML images still see something. Can anyone help me do this? Thanks! ...

Copying Address Fields into More Addresses Side Tabs
Hi. I am trying to make a copyAddress button for a case where ShipTo is the Same as BillTo Address.I am able to do this alright with the SDK and this works both when the implementation uses the Address2 Tabs and for the More Addresses Tab. However when I try to do the same with Javascript I am able to copy the Address1 fields into Address2 Tab using something like. crmform.fieldname2.value = crmform.fieldname1.value plus some miscellaneous code in the onchange events.This too works. My query at this point is: Is there any way to do the same using javascript for the More Addresses Side Tab.Or...

bank url address changed
My banks internet address has changed - how do I change it in Money - can't do it in online accounts management. thanks I just did this last month because my Credit Union was purchased by another larger Credit Union. MS money opens -> Home page --> Accounts list ---> Bank name ----> Change account details (left side column) -----> "Update contact info for this bank or broker" ------> Internet Address field box Made desired changes. Click [Done] button >-----Original Message----- >My banks internet address has changed - how do I change >it in Money...

replicas of the Offline address book
Hello, I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations is to create replicas of the Offline address book in my organization Exchange2003. What is your opinion on this subject ? Regards, Fatias Why wouldn't you? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Fatias" <fatias@fatias.org> wrote in message news:OdtUmDGZKHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations > is to create re...

address book + rules
I want to do clean install of my os - win xp wich folder do I have to copy to back up my address book and my message rules? thank you For Addresses. Open the Address Book on the old machine and | File | Export | Address Book (wab) either to a CD, or Flash. Copy the Address Book from the CD or Flash to the Desktop on the new machine. Right click on it | Properties and remove the Read Only attribute. Open the Address Book | File | Import | Address Book (wab) and point to where you saved it. For rules. The Partial Backup: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/partial.htm ...

Creating Resorce Mailboxes
I have followed this link http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.htm for a tutorial on creating resources in exchange 2003 It seems to me that this is very timeconsuming - considering many organisations have hundreds of resources to manage. Is it really necessary to go to another PC, log in as the resource-mailbox, configure Outlook - just to check a couple of checkboxes.... for every single resource... you must be kidding right? Why can't this be done from the Administration Interface Thanks for all replies Steen Molberg You could use the AutoAccept Agent: http://blogs.msdn.com/ex...

Extracting text from a cell entry
I have column with thousands of data entires e.g. AAL AAR AAR ABJ ABJ ABJ ABJ ABJ ABV These are airport codes if you're really interested! Some of the entries have an apostrophe in front of the three character code i.e. in the formula window it may actually appear as 'AAL Other entries sometimes have two or more blank spaces after them. Is there a way I can just extract the three digit text string from these entries so that I can create a new column with just the three leter codes and no spaces or apostrohe's? Many Thanks -- morchard ------------------------------------...

Payroll Transactions should allow negative entries
Negative payroll entries should be allowed to be made directly from the transaction entry screen. This is the only way to have the results flow through on a current check. This is different from an adjustment. More sophisticated payrolls may involve paying based on estimated or projected units or hours. If the ulitimate units or hours turn out to be lower, they should be able to be recouped on a subsequent payroll, via the negative amount. it would allow the adjustment/correction to be reflected on the actual paycheck and included in DD if applicable. -- Mark ---------------- Thi...

Frx email addresses
An Frx report recipient has changed his email address. Is there a way of determining which trees and report catalogs the old address is on so that we can update them all rather than getting errors as those reports run? thanks Ian - Canada ...

Migrating all email / folders / address book from Outlook Express
I am have been using Outlook Express for many years on what is now a Windows XP computer. Now I have a new laptop with XP and Office XP with Outlook 2003. I want to migrate ALL of my Outlook Express email - preserving headers, dates, attachments, folder structure, address book, etc. to Outlook 2002/XP. What is the best way to do this? It is very important that I not lose any existing email message, attachments, headers, etc. I couldn't find any useful info in the KB.. seems like there should be a lot of help with this, assuming MS really wants me to move from express to regular outlook ...

Sales transaction Entry
Good morning, Does anybody know of a way to change the default type ID in Sales Transaction Entry? Right now it is defaulted to Quote but we do not use this format or type, we would like the default to be Order but I can't find the parameter to change this. Thanks The Default Sales doc is managed in User Preferences. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com It's under User Preferences. It is set by user not by system. depending on your version, go to your Home pag...

Creating a membership database
I am trying to create a membership database for a church. I need to have all members entered into the database, then for the members I need to have their spouse name and anniversary, and the names of their children. I am trying to get a subform for each of these into the main form, but when I try to use it it just shows the spouse in the first spot as the spouse for every record. I need to lock or bind this information to each "Master" form. So that joe smith at 123 anyplace somewhere usa will show his spouse and children while joe smith at 456 somewhere anyplace usa w...

Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 how do I clear the autofill list of email addresses? I would like to reset it to have nothing in the list. Thanks, Neil Hi Neil. please search the *.NK2 file and delete it -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Neil" <nospam_neil.shefler@msmcorp.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OdWI6Z#bEHA.2840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2003 how do I clear the autofill list of email addresses? I > would like to reset it to have nothing in the list....

enable keyboad entry
Help!!! I can't use my keyboard in Excel From the online help files: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Interactive Property True if Microsoft Excel is in interactive mode; this property is usually True. If you set the this property to False, Microsoft Excel will block all input from the keyboard and mouse (except input to dialog boxes that are displayed by your code). Blocking user input will prevent the user from interfering with the macro as it moves or activates Microsoft Excel objects. Read/write Boolean. Remarks This property ...

creating excel docs on web server
i need to create complex excel docs for download by users. on MS site however it is recommended against excel/office on server environments. http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q257/7/57.asp fine, but then what is the way out? TIA ...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

How to setup a Recurring Time Entry in Business Portal
I am needing to see an example on how to setup a recurring time entry template in business portal to use to entry time transactions. Any suggestions? -- Thanks for your help Hi-- There is not really a separate setup of a template for time entry. The only settings are that in the user setup in PDK (Setup>>System>>User) under Timesheet Options, you must mark to allow use of template. Then when a person creates a timesheet in PS time and expense (business portal) they will have the option to Save it or to Save as Template. If they save as template, the next time they start a n...

outlook address book to outlook web address book
So far I have not discovered a way to import my address book in Outlook mail to Outlook Web Mail address book. If there is a way to do this could someone tell me what the magic spell is? Thanks. Randy I believe in OWA it only shows the addresses for the Global Address List off of the Exchange Server For your personal addresses. A solution - would to be import your personal address book to your Contacts in Outlook. You will then be able tos see your address in OWA under contacts If you need to know how to import your personal address book into contact. Email me directly and I will p...

Address books in OWA
hello..... Is it possible to have custom addressbooks created in Exchange system manager to appear in Outlook WebAccess? I currenly only see the Global address list and contacts. Thanks in advance.... Sol ...

Outlook 2003 email addresses
Several users recently upgraded MS Office from 2000 to 2003. Outlook 2003 works a little different. I have a user saying why do they see the name of the person they are emailing along with the email address. Before in OUt2000, it would only list the persons name. To me it doesn't matter, but to them it does. Is there some way to disable that? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... No, nor is their a need to. The Display name has used a different format in each successive version of Outlook in response to user requests. It has never been of any consequence. ---...