Yet another RPC/HTTP question

OK. So I just set up RPC/HTTP and it works great. My setup

ISA 2006 EE - internal name ISA.domain.local
E2K3 SP2 FE - internal name FE.domain.local, public name mail.domain.com
E2K3 SP2 BE - internal name BE.domain.local

I have a 3rd party cert issued to mail.domain.com.
cert is installed on FE and ISA.
The listener on ISA has a default domain. When I login to OWA, I just enter
userIZD and password

When I start Outlook, I get a login dialog to login to BE.domain.local, I
have to use domain\userID and a password.

I do I get rid of that login dialog?
0
ashernat (63)

Asher_N <ashernat@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK. So I just set up RPC/HTTP and it works great. My setup
>
> ISA 2006 EE - internal name ISA.domain.local
> E2K3 SP2 FE - internal name FE.domain.local, public name
> mail.domain.com E2K3 SP2 BE - internal name BE.domain.local
>
> I have a 3rd party cert issued to mail.domain.com.
> cert is installed on FE and ISA.
> The listener on ISA has a default domain. When I login to OWA, I just
> enter userIZD and password
>
> When I start Outlook, I get a login dialog to login to
> BE.domain.local, I have to use domain\userID and a password.
>
> I do I get rid of that login dialog?

Unless you're using integrated authentication/passthrough from your domain
login on the workstation, you have to enter the credentials to access the
server via RPC over HTTP. You could also use username@domain.local  instead
of domain\username.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/28/2007 3:47:14 PM
Asher,

As far as I know, when you use RPC/HTTPS - or Outlook Anywhere - you will be
prompted for user name and password each time you open Outlook.....

Cary

"Asher_N" <ashernat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> OK. So I just set up RPC/HTTP and it works great. My setup
>
> ISA 2006 EE - internal name ISA.domain.local
> E2K3 SP2 FE - internal name FE.domain.local, public name mail.domain.com
> E2K3 SP2 BE - internal name BE.domain.local
>
> I have a 3rd party cert issued to mail.domain.com.
> cert is installed on FE and ISA.
> The listener on ISA has a default domain. When I login to OWA, I just
> enter
> userIZD and password
>
> When I start Outlook, I get a login dialog to login to BE.domain.local, I
> have to use domain\userID and a password.
>
> I do I get rid of that login dialog?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in

> Asher_N <ashernat@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK. So I just set up RPC/HTTP and it works great. My setup
>>
>> ISA 2006 EE - internal name ISA.domain.local
>> E2K3 SP2 FE - internal name FE.domain.local, public name
>> mail.domain.com E2K3 SP2 BE - internal name BE.domain.local
>>
>> I have a 3rd party cert issued to mail.domain.com.
>> cert is installed on FE and ISA.
>> The listener on ISA has a default domain. When I login to OWA, I just
>> enter userIZD and password
>>
>> When I start Outlook, I get a login dialog to login to
>> BE.domain.local, I have to use domain\userID and a password.
>>
>> I do I get rid of that login dialog?
>
> Unless you're using integrated authentication/passthrough from your
> domain login on the workstation, you have to enter the credentials to
> access the server via RPC over HTTP. You could also use
> username@domain.local  instead of domain\username.

How would I go about using intrgrated auth?

The laptops are on the domain.
0
ashernat (63)
3/28/2007 5:03:41 PM
Asher_N <ashernat@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>
>> Asher_N <ashernat@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> OK. So I just set up RPC/HTTP and it works great. My setup
>>>
>>> ISA 2006 EE - internal name ISA.domain.local
>>> E2K3 SP2 FE - internal name FE.domain.local, public name
>>> mail.domain.com E2K3 SP2 BE - internal name BE.domain.local
>>>
>>> I have a 3rd party cert issued to mail.domain.com.
>>> cert is installed on FE and ISA.
>>> The listener on ISA has a default domain. When I login to OWA, I
>>> just enter userIZD and password
>>>
>>> When I start Outlook, I get a login dialog to login to
>>> BE.domain.local, I have to use domain\userID and a password.
>>>
>>> I do I get rid of that login dialog?
>>
>> Unless you're using integrated authentication/passthrough from your
>> domain login on the workstation, you have to enter the credentials to
>> access the server via RPC over HTTP. You could also use
>> username@domain.local  instead of domain\username.
>>

> How would I go about using intrgrated auth?
>
> The laptops are on the domain.

Hmmm - actually, I may have misspoken. I think it *does* require
authentication regardless.
If you're seeing a prompt for such now, then that's what it is.

0
lanwench (7567)
3/28/2007 5:48:13 PM

> Asher_N <ashernat@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
>> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in

>>> Unless you're using integrated authentication/passthrough from your
>>> domain login on the workstation, you have to enter the credentials to
>>> access the server via RPC over HTTP. You could also use
>>> username@domain.local  instead of domain\username.
>>>

>> How would I go about using intrgrated auth?
>>
>> The laptops are on the domain.
>
> Hmmm - actually, I may have misspoken. I think it *does* require
> authentication regardless.
> If you're seeing a prompt for such now, then that's what it is.

I thought as much. Oh well, the users will have to get used to it. It's
too bad that THAT particular login prompt does not allow you to save
either userid or password.

0
ashernat (63)

FQDN for RPC over HTTP
I am having issues while setting RPC over HTTP. Need some help: If I only have one server (Win2003), and Exchange 2003. My server name is juniper, my domain is MyDomain.local. When I change Registry on RpcProxy, am I correct using following: juniper:593;juniper.mydomain.local:593;juniper:6001-6002;juniper.mydomain.local:6001-6002... I did open firewall ports (593,6001,6002,6004) and map public IP to my server ip. But confused on FQDN. OK ... a couple things to fix: 1. You only need port 443 open. Close all those ports you opened. 2. The reg keys should be, juniper, juniper.mydomain.local...

Question about Pictures in Excel #2
Maybe I should explain more in detail...here is what I have... Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cance As Boolean) Dim testStr As String Dim myFileName As String Dim myPict As Picture Set Target = Target(1) myFileName = "C:\Documents and Settings\ahoekst\My Documents\DirectX _ & "\My Pictures\" _ & Me.Cells(Target.Row, "D").Value _ & ".jpg" testStr = "" On Error Resume Next testStr = Dir(myFileName) On Error GoTo 0 If testStr = "" Then MsgBox "file not found" Exit Su...

Directsound Slaving info question
I am developing an analog capture filter driver. There was an AV sync issue after the long time live source playback (>2 hr). The audio pin always queue few buffers after long time playback. I have checked the video and audio PTS with each media transfer sample, they look like no problem. I have a question with Default Directsound Device filter. There is information in Default Directsound Device Properties->Advanced->Slaving Info->Rate. The "Rate" should be 48KHz with my device, but it will be changed with the "High Err" and "Low Err" param...

comparing cells in one column to another
I have a column on a spreadsheet and an array of strings. I need to look at the first cell on the spreadsheet and find a matching value in the array of strings. This is how I am doing that With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Tracker).Range("Order_Number_Header") For E = 0 To Total_Rows_On_Spreadsheet - 1 For F = 0 To Total_Elements_In_Array - 1 If .Offset(E, 0) = FTS_Order_Number(F) Then msgbox"I Have a Match end if next F next E end with Nothing is matching and I know there are some matches. When I display the value in the fields I see "12345678" for both fields. The f...

Filter custom lookup field according to another field on form
Customising the form for a "Case". In the "Overview" section of the "General" tab there is a "Customer" field which corresponds to the "Account" or "Customer" (company, if you like) associated with the Case. I have added a "Contact" attribute as a Lookup which will associate the "Case" with a particular "Contact" belonging to the "Customer"/"Account" (by creating a relationship in the "Contact" entity, which is then exposed as an attribute in the "Case" form). How...

CCR disk requirements questions
Well this is throwing me off guys. We are planning a CCR environment. We have an EMC scan at our HQ that we plan to connect our primary mailbox server to. Our DR mailbox server is our concern. I was under the impression that the hardware didnt need to be "the same", but beyond that I was under the impression that they didnt even need to be "all that close" on performance. However, reading this doc: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/c5a9c0ed-e43e-4bc7-99fe-7d1a9cb967f8.aspx makes it seem like not only does the "passive node" (the server in the DR...

a template question about MFC containers' SerializeElements() ...
Hi, I have the following code compiled in both VC++ 6.0 and .net. Is it safe to remove the #if block and simply use the #else block for both 6.0 and .net? Please help. Thanks for any suggestion. JD class CPerson : public CObject { . . . }; CArray< CPerson, CPerson& > personArray; #if _MSC_VER < 1400 template <> void AFXAPI SerializeElements <CPerson> ( CArchive& ar, CPerson* pNewPersons, int nCount ) #else template <CPerson> void AFXAPI SerializeElements ( CArchive& ar, CPerson* pNewPersons, int nCount ) #endif ...

Load event question
I found this code along with it's function on this discussion group. It works great but I want it to populate the text field when the form loads. How can I get the following code on the Form_Load()? fOSUserName() is a defined function. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo BeforeUpdate_Err ' Set bound controls to system date and time and current user name Me.DateModified = Now() Me.ModifiedBy = fOSUserName() BeforeUpdate_End: Exit Sub BeforeUpdate_Err: MsgBox Err.Description, vbCritical & vbOKOnly, _ &quo...

http://www.coolcampus.8k.com
http://www.coolcampus.8k.com ...

Beginner question #2
Please forgive what might be a beginner question. I have a spread sheet that is made up of 10 columns. I would like to make it so that each time I change a number in these columns, the sub-total at the bottom of each column changes automatically AND so that the sub-total in the far right column changes automatically. Is there a template for this?? Thanks so much!!! You would use a function for that, lets say you have values in A1 to A10, then in A11 place this =SUM(A1:A10), or =A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6+A7+A8+A9+A10. got the idea?? "jenny" <jenny@hotmail.net> skrev i melding ne...

cannot login as another user
I am using CRM 1.2 with the web interface. If I login as a user and select Remember Me I am unable to login as another user. I've tried just typing in the IP address for the server, but it doesn't help. Is there a location on the location on the local machine where I can reset that value? Control Panel - Stored Logons "Tony" wrote: > I am using CRM 1.2 with the web interface. If I login as a user and select > Remember Me I am unable to login as another user. I've tried just typing in > the IP address for the server, but it doesn't help. Is there a loc...

seeking your questions on RMS items--today!
Hi all, I’m the editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site (www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/community). I wanted to let you know that we’re still taking questions on RMS items for our upcoming Q&A with Jimmy Wong, a Microsoft Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) who works on the Retail Management System team. It doesn't matter how complex or simple your question/concern. Any topic goes, be it discounts, find, inventory, item types, item lookup, pricing, substitutes, or commission. Jimmy's open to any and all questions. :) So if you’ve got a question ...

Question regarding Exchange 5.5 and 2003 running at the same time
I recently upgraded my domain from NT 4.0 to 2003 in mix mode. I still have a few BDCs and Exchange 5.5 running with no problems. To prepare for Exchange 2003 install I ran forest prep, domain prep and ADC connector. Can I install Exchange 2003 with Exchange 5.5 running at the same time. What downtime should I expect? What could go wrong?? If anyone has any insight or comments feel free to pass it on. DC There are a bunch of documents and good books available on that subject. Search on the microsoft site for keywords "5.5 migrate 2003" I followed the instructions carefully,...

A real pickle of a design question
Okie, I've been doing Exchange for quite a long time and I've been involved in many deployments. This one is a real curve ball. Let me explain the scenario and if someone could validate my thinking, that would be great. Currently in place: - One domain we'll call 1stdomain.com with an existing Exchange 2003 organization. - Another domain we'll call 2nddomain.com with an existing Exchange 2003 organization. 1stdomain.com is going to be providing connectivity services and other resources to 2nddomain.com in the near future, but 2nddomain.com wishes to retain management of m...

How to run another .exe program on a button click
I have written a stand alone .exe program the performs some tasks. I then have another program that does something completely different, however in this second program when I press a button on the dialog box, I would like to execute the .exe program so that it can do its thing. How can I do this? Is there a way also for me to pass information from the .exe program to my other dialog based program? As the .exe program is running, I'd like to update my dialog so that the user can see what is happening in real-time. -- _____________________ www.maduckgames.com www.marek-knows.com ...

Using Outlook with Hotmail
Hello. I've just started using Outlook 2003, after having owned the disc for a while (I only used office for Word prior to this). I use two hotmail accounts, both of which are installed fine. 1) How can I get an audio alert when new hotmail arrives? Surely if Outlook Express provides one, then the more advanced program should too??? This is a mjor thing for me, as I don't want to have to keep checking constantly to see if I have mail. 2) How do I configure my sent items to stay in the right place - e.g. the hotmail sent items with their relevant accounts, rather than in the un...

AllocSysString question
I created a COM interface. STDMETHODIMP CMyObj::GetName(BSTR* bstrName) { // TODO: Add your implementation code here CString strName = "John Master"; *bstrName = strName.AllocSysString(); return S_OK; } My question here is: 1. In the method, I did AllocSysString(). Does this cause a memory leak since I didn't free it ? Does COM runtime handle this ? 2. This method could be called from within VB or C++. Does the caller need to free the memory ? Thanks in advance. >1. In the method, I did AllocSysString(). Does this cause a memory leak >since I didn't fre...

Questions about ESEUTIL
I have recently inmplemented mailbox limits and forced my users to start cleaning up their mailboxes and archiving mail from my Exchange 2000 server. My 100GB Information Store (that's the total size of the EDB and STM files) has now shrunk to 50GB of actual data and likely contains 50GB of blank pages. I do weekly online defrags that show that each database has lots of free space. I will never again be allowing users to freely use all the mailbox space they wish, so the actual amount of data will stay around 50GB and the free space in the IS will never get realocated. I believe a...

GP9 to 10 question
I've run a successful upgrade, but I can't find where to give my users access to the personalized lists, specifically for Field Service Modules. I've given them roles as Svc Manager stake holders etc, kept thier old imported roles... All I get is You don't have security to open this window. But I don't see what 'window' to give them access to. Where do I find that? ...

A hypertext link to an Excel documents (questions)
I have a client who has setup an Excel (Excel 2002) document to have the A column empty. When I link to that document from a webpage and view the page in a browser (IE 6.0.28), some users have the Excel page open up to veiw column A and others (most) have the document open to NOT showing column A, but rather starting at showing column B. What causes this? Is there anything I can do in the HTHL to ensure tha file opens with column A showing? Thank you very much. Hi Robert, What does the link look like in the HTML. Where does the Excel file exist, I guess you are opening it to see th...

question on www.howto-outlook (duplicate emails)
Brian I have Outlook 7 Vista premium. I recently added a outlook profile (mine) and am getting the dup emails. In reading the directions on Outlook howto for 2007 version, I have followed the directions by conect to my original pst-file by foing to FILE>OPEN>OUTLOOK DATA FILE and am now looking at an [Accounts folder] & Outlook folder. Now I'm stumped by the direction "move all the newly received emails to that pst file". help? where's the pst file? -- Laura P "Laura Pearson" <LauraPearson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Using COUNTIF for a word that is joined by another word in same ce
To make it easy, I am trying to count the number of times the name "Bob" appears in a range of cells. Most of the time, "Bob" is the only name in the cell, so COUNTIF would work. However, sometimes there will be 2 names in the same cell, like this: "Joe/Bob." What kind of formula can I use to count the number of times "Bob" appears in a range of cells, including the times there are 2 names in the same cell? With the COUNTIF function, it is only counting the number of times "Bob" appears alone in a cell within the range of cells. Well, u...

How can a different web page (aspx) access anothers session variab
Hello Community Using ASP.NET, C# and Sql Server I produce a report by declaring session variable and passing the variables to a report like so: Session["ssnum"] = varssnum; Session["lname"] = varlname; Session["fname"] = varfname; Session["dob"] = vardob; Session["phone"] = varphone; ResponseHelper.Redirect("lFolder/reports.aspx?varssnum;=" + row.Cells[1].Text + "&varlname=" + row.Cells[2].Text + "&varfname=" + row.Cells[3].Text + "&vardob=" + row.Cells[4].Text + ...

question on "include" in schema files (.xsd). Trouble validating schema in .NET
Hi, I hope someone can please help me. I'm having a lot of trouble with schema files in .NET. I have produced a very simple example that uses "include" to include other schema files. It all works with SPY, but when I pick "Validate Schema" from the .NET 2003 menu, it fails with message: "Type XType is not declared." As I hinted at in my subject line, I suspect that it has to do with including another schema multiple times. Can someone tell me how this should be done? Possibly, SPY or .NET do not conform to the standard. Is there a reference somewhere t...

Quick VBA Worksheet Change Event or Selection Question:
Quick VBA Worksheet Change Event or Selection Question: I have a workbook that has a sheet named "Formatted Prices". I enter data starting from row 7 & from column A to S all the way down on a daily basis. This range is not completely filled on a daily basis=85, somedays I might just enter 2 or 3 data only filling 3 rows, but always from column A to S. In column Q, I have a formula that depends on column P=85, it basically a simple calculation formula that says if the data in say P7 is empty, then show nothing, but if the data in P7 is something, then subtract t...