X.400 Service error code 290

HI there,

I require some assistance. We are running about a 20 user
network and using Win NT SBS running Exchange 5.5

Thre is also a Linux Firewall setup which forwards
incoming mail to the NT server. When sending mail the NT
server forwards it to the Linux Box and then it gets sent.

Everyone can send and receive both External and Internal
email except one user who can do everything except send
external email. The mail immediately bounces back with a
error message from the administrator. When checking event
viewer in the application log the following error has
occured:

A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and
diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name) is being generated
for message C=US;A= ;P=ACC ;L=ACC -040428105314Z-35. It
was originally destined for
C=US;A= ;P=ACC ;O=ACC;DDA:SMTP=  (recipient number 1), and
was to be redirected to . [MTA DISP:RESULT 19 136] (12)

I read up on the MTA and X.400 codes and fixes but it only
says that it could be an incorrect date and time issue
which its not.

I would appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanks,

Gerrie
0
gerrie (1)

"Gerrie" <gerrie@bits.co.za> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and
>diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name) is being generated
>for message C=US;A= ;P=ACC ;L=ACC -040428105314Z-35. It
>was originally destined for
>C=US;A= ;P=ACC ;O=ACC;DDA:SMTP=  (recipient number 1), and
>was to be redirected to . [MTA DISP:RESULT 19 136] (12)
>
>I read up on the MTA and X.400 codes and fixes but it only
>says that it could be an incorrect date and time issue
>which its not.
>
>I would appreciate any help or ideas.

the 290 is just the mta's way of recording a ndr. the address, which
appears to be a blank, is unknown.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

if is error then "No Data", if not then average range
I believe the formula should be something like: iferror(average(C1:F1=TRUE,"No Data), average(C1:F1) =IFERROR(AVERAGE(C1:F1),"No Data") "SK08" wrote: > I believe the formula should be something like: > iferror(average(C1:F1=TRUE,"No Data), average(C1:F1) > . > ...

kb977719 gave me code 676
its says this update is very important and i tried serveral times to update it and it keeps giving the code 676 failed can someone help me get this update snugglebetty wrote: > its says this update is very important and i tried serveral times > to update it and it keeps giving the code 676 failed can someone > help me get this update Download and install manually - does that work? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

problem trying to unzip from the code
Hi My problem is that I have to unzip some files from the code, I have installed winzip 9 and wzcline.exe and I try the following sentence Shell "C:\Program Files\winzip\wzunzip C:\test.zip C:\TEMP\" and everything is ok , but my problems is that I do not know the names of the files so I need something like : var=test.zip Shell "C:\Program Files\winzip\wzunzip C:\(var) C:\TEMP\" and it does not work ..... How it is possible to do it ? thanks ana Ana, Try something like Shell "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZUnzip C:\" & var & " C:\Temp" -- ...

Often-Used Code not working in a new Workbook
I have the following code to transfer an option from a combobox to a cell on one sheet. I've used this code several times before in other workbooks, and it works absolutely fine, but, for some reason, in my current project, it just comes up as an error and the 'Range("G11").Select' line is highlighted in yellow. Is there some obvious or uderlying reason for this, does anyone know? The code is: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Worksheets("How").Activate Range("G11").Select ActiveCell.Value = ComboBox1.Value Worksheets("Statskeeper").Activate E...

Same Code, Different Cells
I have just coded a user interface in the guise of a few forms for a spreadsheet I've created. The spreadsheet has the same table duplicated 27 times all the way down it but I have only coded the forms (user interface) to work for the first table on my spreadsheet and it took ages to give instructions for each cell etc. Is there anyway I can duplicate my code for the rest of my tables (in the same sheet) easily? ie can I duplicate the code but change the cells that are referred to in that code to suit the other tables? I know I can copy and paste but I'd still have to go through it a...

HQ Client Error -2147217871: Timeout expired
I am implementing RMS 2.0 for one of my client which is having 84000 items, when I connect store to HQ for taking WS-401 it took 30 min & it gave me (Error -2147217871: Timeout expired) message attached. I have changed connection time out for HQ client to 300 but the issue exist, any help please. RMS-HQ-server specification: Dell™ Optiplex™ 760, 2 GB RAM, and 240 GB HD Microsoft Windows XP SP3, SQL 2005 SP3, and RMS 2.0 SP3 Store Operations server (one machine [server + POS]) specification: Posiflex machine, 1 GB RAM, and 80 GB HD Microsoft Windows XP SP3, SQL 2005 SP3, ...

Code for the topic :E_ACCESSDENIED error when logging into a CDO session to access Global Address Book{Global Address List}

Run-Time error '94': Invalid Use of Null??????
Hi I have a record lock function in my form which works fine until I click New Entry, which would normally start a new blank record. I keep getting the error message... Run-Time error '94': Invalid use of Null If I click Debug it highlights the line... If recordlock Then in yellow. This is the bit that is in the Form_Current area. Does anyone know what I need to do to get rid of it? The code looks like this but with 99% of all of the fields inserted into it inc its autonumber. Private Sub Form_Current() operativebutton.Enabled = Not IsNull(operativecombo) ...

VBA code to automatically colour cells depending on text?
Hi, - with the skill of Don Guillet (Excel MVP - thank you!!) I have nearly finished a ‘to-do’ list to help organise my life as an infant school teacher. see attached link: http://www.box.net/shared/ejzn141dux The worksheet works like this: Enter desired text in cell ‘c3, h3 or m3’ and then use the drop down button in ‘b3, g3 or l3’ to determine the position where the text is to be placed in the below list. If there is text already in that position, all the text below is moved down one cell. If you delete text from a cell then the text in the cells below moves up one. ...

IMAP service disappeard
This morning when I got in the office I couldn't log on to my mailbox any more. At first I thought the whole server went down but luckily it was only the IMAP service (I'm the only one using it). When I go to the system manager, to 'protocols' on the server and to 'IMAP4', the virtual server has a small red cross to indicate that it's not running. So I right-click, click 'start' and then I get a dialog saying "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress". I looked into the services manager and my IMAP service has disappeared from there! I've...

Multiple bar codes
Hi All, I was told by an RMS consultant that one product can have multiple barcodes by assigning multiple aliases. My questions is what if the customer wants to print these barcodes does RMS print individual bar codes for each of the aliases? No, only the Item Lookup Code will be printed as a barcode. Craig "Faiz Amir" <FaizAmir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A98E94B-9759-4171-8C05-D6F8678B3222@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > I was told by an RMS consultant that one product can have multiple > barcodes > by assigning multiple aliases. My que...

RSS error
I keep getting a script error (run or not run?) when I click on RSS Feeds. Does anyone else see this or know what it means? I don't have any feeds set up in Outlook yet. -- Michael Windows 7 RC IE 8 Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest) Office 2007 (latest) It may be an error coming from the RSS home page. I think it's a page on MS's site, mostly harmless. "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message news:A91BBA2C-32E4-4243-A978-F9C559E44EEE@microsoft.com... > I keep getting a script error (run or not run?) when I click on RSS Feeds. > Does anyone e...

Setting time error
I have written a batch file login script to get the time from the primary DC upon user login: net time \\exch1 /set However, everytime this script runs, it asks the user in the command box to select Y for yes to set the time from this server. Is there any automated switch I am missing that will automatically change the time to the selected server without asking the user to select Y? Many thanks Danny Hi guys, Just found it -sorry! Add /yes at the end of the line Many thanks "Danbabe" wrote: > I have written a batch file login script to get the tim...

Help with code
I have created and coded text-boxes ( using the design view and VB-code) in excel that enables me to jump from one text-box to anoter by using the Tab-button, but view of the worksheet does not follow the tab Then I got at tip to add code to Select or GoTo a nearby cell before the textbox I am a very new user so I am not so familiar with VB code yet Is it possible to get some help with the code please Thanks If you want to center a particular cell on your screen, and/or a TEXT box near that cell, then do F5 and type IV65000 in the reference box and then do F5 again and type a cell number...

Problem with error 53
I've got a small loop that looks for data in 1 of 4 places. If it doesn't find a valid path it should create an error 53 which should then be processed. In most cases, the path to the desired file will be invalid and Error 53 will occur. The code is this: PictureNum = 0 Check1: PictureNum = PictureNum + 1 If PictureNum = 5 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo Error53Check If PictureNum = 1 Then FilePath = ("N:\Casefiles\" & [CASENO] & "\" & [CASENO] & "-dp0.jpg") If PictureNum = 2 Then FilePath = ("N:\Casefiles\"...

Outlook not working on MAC o/s X panther
Hi, I have recently upgraded my mac to o/s X and now outlook will not recognize the MS exchange server, other information is that i am booting up with dual systems o/s 9 and o/s 10 as I need to access email at work, please let me know on how to resolve this problem. Thank you. ...

Microsoft Exchange 2000 Information Store error (urgent)
Help please. Have an issue with the Information store in Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server. The error in the event viewer says An error occurred on First Storage group mailbox store. Function name or description of problem SLINK: EcUpdate Error Ox8004010f. This occured about 3 hours after someone tried to copy data from a mailbox to a network folder just by clicking and dragging items from mailbox. The mailbox store is still functioning OK. When they did the click and drag we got an error like There is a corruption in rich text format (RTF) event id 1084. Are the errors rela...

Doesn't open due to outllib.dll error
When launching Outlook I get the error: Outlook has caused an error in OUTLLIB.DLL. Outlook will now close." As per knwoldge base artcicles I renamed OUTLLIB.DLL to OUTLLIB.OLD. That didn't solve the problem. Then I removed Office and reinstalled it afresh. That too hasn't solved the problem. I still get this message on launching Outlook. Regards, Sharad ...

LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") exits process with code 128 (Windows 2003 Server)
Hi all, don't know if this is the correct newsgroup, sorry if it's not; at least the problem occurs in a MFC MDI application. I tracked the problem down to the following: In a (huge) MFC MDI app I do LoadLibrary("rsaenh.dll") somewhere (doesn't matter where) in MyApp::InitInstance(). This works on WinXP, but on Win2003 Server SE I have the following effects: 1. When using the call within the target application (huge MFC MDI application with ComServer etc., but started as normal EXE) and the rsaenh.dll shipped with Win2003 Server (version 5.2.3790.1830 (srv03_sp1_rtm...

Sample Code Request for Importing SQL Tables to Excel
Hi, currently, I am using Excel 2000. I would like to do the below in VBA. I am new in SQL Programming in VBA. To help you to understand myself better, I have been programming in VBA for Excel quite sometimes. But for the below, I am totally new. Pls help me. It is urgent. 01) Check that a local pc connected to an SQL Server (This server is located in my office) successfully. 02) Connect to the SQL Server. 03) Open the database. 04) Open a table in this database. 05) Extract this table. 06) Copy all extracted records and paste in one worksheet in my Excel File. 07) Close the table....

Error 1411
After opening an AutoCad LT 97 drawing, and then applying an Ungroup command, I receive: An error [1411] occured during action Ungroup. There was an error reading or writing OLE data. Is this a normal situation? Can you "ungroup" imported Autocad files? Do you know of a Microsoft site that explains thede errors a little more clearly? Thanks. ...

Error 'obres:22063' ?
I am trying to set up a new account and keep getting this error. I have tried this with a coupe of other accounts and I get the same error. Others set up just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Carl Did you ever find out how to fix this? I am having the same issue. Thanks, Allan Iced Tea wrote: > I am trying to set up a new account and keep getting this error. I have > tried this with a coupe of other accounts and I get the same error. Others > set up just fine. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Carl No, n...

Incomplete service pack installation stops publisher 2003 setup
I've upgraded by version of win xp home to xp pro. All fine and good so far. However, when installing SP1A my usb optical mouse doesn't work. Microsoft have said its an unfortunate problem so remove SP1A. I did that. However, when installing publisher 2003 or trying anyway I get an error message saying "Setup has detected an incomplete Windows XP service pack installation on your computer. Office will not run properly until this update has been completed." Does anyone have any idea how to either remove the service pack completely or trick the installation into thin...

Full Text Indexing Error
Need help! I am unable to configure Full Text Indexing for my Public Store. When I rig ht click the public store within ESM and I select All Tasks and I click Crea te Full-Text Index and enter the path I get the following Exchange System Ma nager error: The System Cannot Find the Path Specified (bullshiese. I used the default a nd I created one manually to no avail). Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 80070003 Exchange System Manager. Can anyone help me to get Full Text Indexing turned on for my public store?. BTW the drives in question Im trying to create the Full Text Index on have 23 ...

SAM 12294 errors since password change
Hi, Since changing our domain admin and local admin password we get EventID 12294 SAM errors logged in our system logs on the 2 domain controllers. The error is The SAM database was unable to lockout the account []........(the other account on the other dc lists as ? in the event ID) I've checked all services using domain admin and all are running, servers have all been rebooted. Turning up security logging reveals the userID Administrator fails on krbtgt with pre-authentication and error code 0x18. Yet we've not changed this. Any ideas? Thanks Paul ...