X.400 address in recipient policy on Exchange 2003

I have added a new Exchange 2003 server to my organization. I moved my
recipient update services to this new server from the existing Exchange 2000
server.

Since then, new accounts have not been stamped with an X.400 address. There
is an X.400 address listed in the recipient policy, but it shows as
unchecked. When I check it, I get a message about not being able to disable
the primary X.400 address, but when I click Ok, and then reopen the recpient
policy, the checkbox for the X.400 address is once again empty.

Is an X.400 address necessary for an Exchange 200x organization in native
mode? If so, how do I correct this error so that accounts are being stamped
with an X.400 address?

The behavior you describe is opposite from what should be happening.  That
is, the X400 address checkbox should be selected, and you should receive
that message box when you clear the checkbox.  If you're seeing what you've
written, then you should open a bug report with Microsoft PSS and see if you
can get a fix.

Yes, the X.400 address is required.

A possible workaround might be to create a new recipient policy that applies
to all recipients with the addresses you want to be applied, including the
X.400 address.  It will have a higher priority than the default.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Damien S" <039f4837-2145379628@news.postalias> wrote in message
>I have added a new Exchange 2003 server to my organization. I moved my
> recipient update services to this new server from the existing Exchange
> 2000
> server.
>
> Since then, new accounts have not been stamped with an X.400 address.
> There
> is an X.400 address listed in the recipient policy, but it shows as
> unchecked. When I check it, I get a message about not being able to
> disable
> the primary X.400 address, but when I click Ok, and then reopen the
> recpient
> policy, the checkbox for the X.400 address is once again empty.
>
> Is an X.400 address necessary for an Exchange 200x organization in native
> mode? If so, how do I correct this error so that accounts are being
> stamped
> with an X.400 address?

0
curspice6401 (3487)