Wrong Mailbox size displayed

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help on this.

We are running Exchange 2003 within the LAN and all clients are using
Outlook 2003 to connect to it. All clients are running "Cached" mode on their
desktop and they archive regularly into PST on their machine. There is one
particular user who had archived her mails but the mailbox size displayed on
her local machine is not the same as on the server.

The local machine displayed 75MB while the server (under Exchange System
Manager ==> Administrative Groups ==> "First Administrative Group" ==>
"Servers" ==> "First Storage Group" ==> "Mailbox Store" ==> "Mailboxes")
indicates a size of 1GB. After using ExMerge to export the PST, the size is
75MB which is the same as what outlook indicates. A reboot of the server as
well as running the "Run Cleanup Agent" option do not resolve the correct
file size.

Any suggestions to resolve this problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tan
0
Tan (28)

Try moving the mailbox to another server. Other people have run into
similar problems, some have suggested running isinteg.

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Mar 12, 11:58 am, Tan <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully someone can help on this.
>
> We are running Exchange 2003 within the LAN and all clients are using
> Outlook 2003 to connect to it. All clients are running "Cached" mode on their
> desktop and they archive regularly into PST on their machine. There is one
> particular user who had archived her mails but the mailbox size displayed on
> her local machine is not the same as on the server.
>
> The local machine displayed 75MB while the server (under Exchange System
> Manager ==> Administrative Groups ==> "First Administrative Group" ==>
> "Servers" ==> "First Storage Group" ==> "Mailbox Store" ==> "Mailboxes")
> indicates a size of 1GB. After using ExMerge to export the PST, the size is
> 75MB which is the same as what outlook indicates. A reboot of the server as
> well as running the "Run Cleanup Agent" option do not resolve the correct
> file size.
>
> Any suggestions to resolve this problem are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tan

0
jamestechman (1266)

Exchange 2000 + Mailbox Limits
Hi, Currently if a user exceeds their mailbox limit an email is sent to the administrator mailbox. Is it possible to add a second email address so that I also get an alert? thanks, Pritesh No choice in the UI to do so, may be able to write an event sink perhaps. Easier to simply write a script to query the store for mailbox sizes and flag mailboxes exceeding the limit. (In fact some maybe avail online... search... ) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Pritesh Lad XP SP2 + Telnet" <PriteshLadXPSP2Telnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Weird inconsistent display in Outlook
Hi, This is not an Outlook issue as it happens in OWA as well. When opening the address book in Outlook or OWA from an Exchange 2003 system the Phone No, Title and Office detail of any User or Contact display properly but when opening the Propertirs box of certain users or contacts the display is completely wrong i.e. no Title, Office, Tel no or anything. The only info being displayed is the AD-name in the Display Name box in the following format: Outlook: /o=ExchangeOrg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Alias OWA: EX:/o=ExchangeOrg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/c...

1 Mailbox for 2 E-mail addresses?
We have a user who is taking extended leave (1 year) and we would like to have all of his e-mail automatically sent to another user's mailbox without the forwarding. Is it possible to set it up so that this other user can just go to her e-mail and get his e-mail sent directly to her mailbox without the mail having been forwarded from his mailbox? why don't you want the mail to be forwarded? other option is to move the email address from the user who's going on leave to the person who's going to manage the email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David Rosen" <Dav...

Size of workbook
My workbook is indicating that its size is 7 Mb and I do not know why. As far as I can make out it should be less than 1Mb Hi Try resetting the used range. Have a look here for info: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Andy. "Anthony Byrne" <AnthonyByrne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0EA31D2-9A5E-48E0-AFF6-FD2F5C5D3137@microsoft.com... > My workbook is indicating that its size is 7 Mb and I do not know why. As far > as I can make out it should be less than 1Mb ...

Font size in data validation drop down lists
I am using data validation lists to control user inputs to a spread sheet. How do I change the font size inside the drop down list? I have tried changing the font size on the sheet itself & changing the font size on the list page. I can't seem to find a property setting for this font size. The only way to make it appear larger is to zoom in on the page. In a data validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of programming workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font Ryan wrote: > I am using data validation lis...

display selection in form
Hi, In a form I display products. One of the fields in the records is "supplier". Beneath this field I placed a commandbutton "details". Clicking this button shows details of the supplier. These details are stored in a query called "supplierinfo". I built a form "frm SuppInfo"that displays the info of this query. How can I display only the matching record of "supplierinfo" Example: the value of "supplier" in the form products is "Johnson". Clicking the commandbutton must display the record in the query where the val...

Multiple Mail Messages & File Attachments Displayed
I have Outlook 2003 SP2. Periodically emails will arrive twice. In the message template, my email address will be displayed many times in the To: field and any associated attachment(s) will be displayed multiple times. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

Excel sheet size
Is it possible to increase the maximum number of rows beyond ~65536? Sorry, no. -- Andy. "Z" <Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A494BD24-2A2D-48C8-A5CB-614BAEF2621E@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to increase the maximum number of rows beyond ~65536? No but there are ways to work around it "Z" <Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A494BD24-2A2D-48C8-A5CB-614BAEF2621E@microsoft.com... : Is it possible to increase the maximum number of rows beyond ~65536? ...

How big a record size is too big from a performance standpoint?
Hi, I'm pretty new to Access and I would like to know from a performance standpoing if there is a record / row size that is too big for an Access database. My record size will be about 4k to 6k and I will have a max of 10,000 record. They will be multiple users (1 to 4) accessing the database. I think Access 2003 and above will handle this, but I wanted to make sure before I got to far into the project. Thanks, ----- Dennis -- Dennis Dennis Use Access HELP and check "specifications". I believe you'll find that the max record length ...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

copy and paste excel charts as same size
I have a workbook that I need to make many charts in. And most of these charts are the same from page to page, just with data from a different sheet &/or series. I want to copy and paste one chart several times and then update the data series. However, when I paste, the chart always comes out about 75% of the size of the original. How can I copy and paste and keep the sizing in tact? I'm using Excel 2002 SP3. Thanks, Laurie A couple ways worked for me. You didn't specify that you were pasting copies of the chart onto the same worksheet and then scrolling down or over... The t...

size of database
What is the max size for an Access database before it starts bogging down? Is this a rhetorical question? A homework assignment? What is the database design (?split?)? Over what kind of network? Network speed/NIC speed/setting? On what type of PCs, with how much RAM? Which version of Access? Using what table structure? With how many records? With what indexing? "...bogging down" during what kind of operations? ?Data entry? ?Reports? ?Queries? ?Forms opening? One man's meat is another's poison ... what would "bogging down" mean to you? Specific de...

display after converting lotus
After converting lotus files to excel... the outline of each cell as dispalyed on the screen disappears to reveal a white only background. How do I get the outline of each cell to reappear? Thanks John You could make your own list picking the data from here http://cherbe.free.fr/traduc_fonctions_xl97.html make it into a table and use vlookup I also believe Norman Harker is working on one.. Look in the newsgroups for his name and email him and if your home is good he might send you one for free <g> -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John" <jfrasercpa@cs.com> wrote in message...

Test Backup of Mailbox Store
I have recently implemented Exchange 2003 Server on Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Am running BackupExec v. 10.1. I only have a few users currently switched over to our Exchange Server, and want to just test the backup before moving the whole organization over to our Exchange Server. I have created a Recovery Storage Group in Exchange System Manager and restored the Mailbox Store to this location. I was told to run ESEUTIL /g to verify the integrity of the store. If the integrity of the store was good this would give me confidence the backup is working. The problem I am running into is I...

Outlook Mailboxes Slow on Exchange 2003 Server
We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 server on a Cluster environment, running Windows 2003 Cluster Servers. We did have Exchange 2000 working fine, just wanted some of the new features of Exchange 2003. Once we did the upgrades with no real problems. We have started to notice that various mailboxes will run slow periodically. It is moving throughout the server and it isn't always the same mailboxes. They run extremely slow. We have run a defrag on the Information Store and run the nightly routines before our backups. The Backups do not appear to be running during the sl...

Missing System Attendant mailbox
The first mailbox store became corrupted and cannot bring it back with edbutil /r although at the end it claimed to be fixed. Problem is, that the default system attendant mailbox was residing on this mailstore. Now, when I am trying to move mailboxes to the new mailbox store, it can not do it because of the missing SA mailbox. Creating new accounts to this new mailbox store is working well. How could I create an SA account on this new mailbox store, so I could move mailboxes from other mailbox stores? Thanks Have you restarted the SA sevice to recreate the SA mailbox on the new store? On...

Display Bitmap using GDI+
Hi all, I have a MDI application in which I want to display bitmap in view ( Base class is CScrollView) with Scroll bar using GDI+, later I want to mark some part of the image. So plz tell me how I can draw a bitmap with Scroll bar. Thanks and Regards Rinu Use GetScrollCtrl to get scrollbar window and subclass window to intercepting message. in intercepted handler, process WM_PAINT with drawing bitmap image.. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai" wrote: > Hi all, ...

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

trendline equation does not display correctly
I am using Excel 2007. When I change the order of the trendline from 2 to 3, the cubic term does not appear. If I rasie the order to 4 there is still no cubic term. Only when I raise the order to 5 does the cubic term appear. I suspect that the higher order terms are not displaying. Any ideas as to why this is happening? I have sent the file to people who are using Excel 2003 and they have no problem getting the trendline equation to display correctly. Rick - Please provide a (small) data set so that this problem can be replicated. When I have a set of XY points that are approximat...

Moving Mailboxes with MoveMailboxADSI_CDOEXM.vbs
All, I am in the process of developing a mailbox move procedure for a client utilizing the MoveMailboxADSI_CDOEXM.vbs script which comes with teh E2K3 SDK. I have been successful in using the script to migrate mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 servers to Exchange 2003 servers that are in the same site. However, the script does not seem to work when doing a cross-site migration eventhough I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on my Exchange 2003 boxes. The cross-site migrations are successful using the GUI Wizard but not with the script. Has anyone else out there run into this situation? Are cro...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

Mailbox in a different AD forest
Hi all We've just created a second Active Directory forest "domain3" (win2k3) on our network and setup a 2-way trust with our exisiting domain "domain2.domain1" which contains an Exchange 2003 server. Can I setup mailboxes for the domain3 users in the domain2.domain1 Exchange server? Ideally I do not want to create disabled accounts in domain2.domain1and then associate their mailboxes with accounts in domain3, or deploy an Exchange server in domain3. I just want to host the domain3/user mailbox on the domain2.domain1 Exch2k3 server. So far I haven't read an...

Can't Mount Mailbox Stores
Getting an Error when I Try to mount the Mailbox Stores. Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Logging/Recovery Event ID: 517 Date: 4/19/2007 Time: 11:25:50 AM User: N/A Computer: {Computer Name} Description: Information Store (3256) #####: Database recovery failed with error -551 because it encountered references to a database, 'Mailbox Store Path, which does not match the current set of logs. The database engine will not permit recovery to complete for this instance until the mismatching database is re-instated. If the database is truly no longer available or no lo...