wrong directory access server

Hi,

One of my exchange server(AD child domain A) is pointing to the wrong
directory access server in the properties of the exchange server.
The site in which this exchange server resides contains other two AD domains
B anc C .
For some reasons I see that my exchange server is pointing to the domain
controllers of domains B and C for DS and Global catalog queries.
Can I remove the auto discovery and point to the right domain controllers.Is
this recommended? Any other solution?

--
Vinod Kumar
0

YES - you can headcore the DS Access to point to one direction (one GC/DC)
but it's not RECOMONDED.

The problem is DS Access uses a round robin rule to understand and detect
servers in the network. If you have this problem pointing to another GC -
then you better check your DNS servers first.

Need more info to help you.

Regards,
Ruwan Dissanayake

"Vinod" <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> One of my exchange server(AD child domain A) is pointing to the wrong
> directory access server in the properties of the exchange server.
> The site in which this exchange server resides contains other two AD
> domains
> B anc C .
> For some reasons I see that my exchange server is pointing to the domain
> controllers of domains B and C for DS and Global catalog queries.
> Can I remove the auto discovery and point to the right domain
> controllers.Is
> this recommended? Any other solution?
>
> --
> Vinod Kumar

0
ruwan (6)

Switching from Powerpoint to Access
Help!I have used the following VBA code to open MyDatabase.mdb from a button onmy PP Presentation which has the advantage of not exiting the presentationto use database illustrations.Private Sub ViewDatabase_Click() Dim stAppName As String stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exeC:\MyDatabase.mdb" Call Shell(stAppName, 1)End SubHowever, I would prefer to directly open a specified form (MyForm) within the databasefrom the said button.Can anybody suggest the code I need to add ?Would appreciate help.Dick Troy There are two options.1 is to go under To...

Clearing emails from the ISP server
I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7 and use Windows mail. This works very well but I have one problem. When I used OE any mail downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server. This doesn’t happen when I use Windows Mail. To correct this on the server I periodically load OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox. Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of messages on the server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Am I doing something wrong?
Why is the icon next to my thread different from any others? What does it mean? It's an envelope with a black dot. So far, 14 people have viewed but not one reply. Is this due to something wrong? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What you're seeing is evidently an artifact of the particular web portal you're using to access this newsgroup. No one who uses a news reader, and presumably no one who uses a different web portal will be able to...

Looking at certain mailbox in ESM, they have the wrong size and total items
I have a couple of mailboxes when you look in the ESM the items and size is way off. The what is showing up in outlook. This is a Exchange 2003 SP1 environment. Can someone explain why this is happening? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator the size showing in the ESM does not include any items in that mailbox that may be in the stm file, from what I understand...the size that appears in Outlook is correct... I was only recently made aware of this, myself... "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:OJbirSI2EHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a cou...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Receiving wrong email
In Outlook 2003 I am receiving mail that is addressed to other people. Most of the time the message is blank but I am concerned about getting mail from strangers - and it is supposed to be going to someone else. Must be some glitch in Outlook - anyone else had this problem? Most likely they are using BCC in writing to you making you think that. BCC= Blind Carbon Copy, You can you this feature it is very nice when sending mail to a lot of addresses and worried about giving someone else's e-mail address to someone that should not have it. I am not sure if outlook express has it but I...

Access 2003 to Word 2003 Mailmerge very slow
I'm in the process of upgrading an Access 97 application to Access 2003. This has mostly been pretty smooth, but I'm having major problems with a process that generates mailmerge documents (also moving from Word 97 to Word 2003). Taking a specific example, my initial connection string (Access 97 to Word 97) was: objDoc.MailMerge.OpenDataSource Name:=CurrentDb.Name, OpenExclusive:=False, LinkToSource:=True, _ AddToRecentFiles:=False, Connection:="TABLE " & strTableName This wasn't working at all in Access 2003 - every time it tried, it popped up a d...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Custom Menus in Access 2007
I know in VB 6 you can create custom pop-up menu. Is there a way to do this in Access 2007? Active X? DLL? Hidden command that I can't find? Any tutorials or direction? Any help or direction that anyone can provide would be appreciated. In earlier versions, called "shortcut" menus. Right click on menu bar, select customise, show "shortcut menus" tollbar, select "custom". don't know if that tollbar has changed in 2007. (david) "Jerry Sheldon" <JerrySheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7431915F-33FF-4534-B5B4-C5E6F...

Child domain inaccessible, how to access mailboxes?
We have 4 child domains with one parent domain, all running windows 2003 servers, parent domain server has exchange 2003. Now connection between one of child domains and parent domain broke and it will be down for 2 weeks because of ISP. How I can make mailboxes of disconnected child domain users accessible for them? One solution is that I create temporary user accounts to parent domain for all users and set permissions that these temporary accounts can access those mailboxes (users will access their mailboxes via webmail), but how I can set permissions to those mailboxes as child domain is in...

Document Access
On importing a Word document to an e-mail for sending (which opens fine from the desktop) and I try to open the file from the e-mail to check before sending, it will not open, giving messgae 'Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges' - however, I have no special security / privilges set. Ideas please? Thanks, Graham ...

autocomplete (like Access)
Hi, I'm trying to restrict the entry of data into cells based on values in a list. What I need is similar to Data Validation but I want Excel to complete the entry after the user has entered just the first character. For example, In Microsoft Access, when creating a new table in Design view, first you enter the field name, then tab across to Data Type. Entering a "c" and then tab automatically enters "Currency" as the data type. Similar for "d", DateTime; "t", Text etc. So, in Excel, if I have a list, say, New York, London, Sydney, Tokyo. Typi...

Access 2007 Runtime 10-30-07
1. Can I distribute Accees 2003 applications using Access 2007 runtime? 2. Do I also need the runtime extensions? 3. Will installing the Access 2007 runtime and extensions affect my current Access 2003 (full version) software, already installed? ...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

Server migration
I currently have a single SBS 2003 server running my exchange. It has become unreliable (Hardware) and need to be replaced. My plan is to setup a new SBS 2008 server, add it to the domain and then swop out the old server. Can you tell me if this strategy will work and what key steps are needed? Will the 2 servers conflict? Is there a better way to achieve the changeover? It's really more involved than that. To my knowledge there are Three Methods. (people come up with new ways all the time.) Microsoft Method Migrating to Windows Small Business Server 2008 from Wi...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

Limit access to workbooks
I have several workbooks on a network, each one assigned to one person. My quandry is I want each file accessible (read and write) by only the indiviuals who each file belongs to. BUT, I want a few people to be able to open them all. I know I can password protect each file so that only the individual who "owns" that file can open that file. But, is there a way for the 'few people' I want to have access to ALL those files be able to open them without knowing each individual file password? Perhaps a different level of password? Running Windows XP? Don't password pr...

Access coding password
Previously i did write an application in ms access 2000 and i did putpassword in the coding session. So whenever i want to modify code ihave to enter password in the Ms VB windows. But i forget thepassword. Are there any ways to retrieve it? ThanksRgdsDaniel Tom, thanks for your comments,Yes I was aware that not all posters see the statement "Has this answered your question" As it wasn't the main cause for my comment, I have deleted the comment as you will now see.I mainly wanted some feed back as to the conclusion of the thread but I am sure a few posters can't find the thre...

Server Performance report today
It appears that all SBS 2k3 R2 reports are broken this morning. It may have something to do with the large number of updates that were sync'd overnight. The normal tricks to get the report working, aren't. -- ----------------------------------------------- Les Connor [SBS MVP] "Les Connor [SBS MVP]" <les.connor@DEL.cfive.ca> wrote in message news:#14pye92KHA.5196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > It appears that all SBS 2k3 R2 reports are broken this morning. It may > have something to do with the large number of updates that were sync'd > ove...

HELP! When printing Invoices from a batch, it is giving me wrong totals.
This happened to me once before, and I can't remember what I had to do to fix it. For some reason, it seems that my reports.dic was corrupted, but I can't remember. We had to print the invoices individually for them to print correctly, very time consuming. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Julie Forgot to add this: Great Plains 6.0, Pervasive 2000 (Novell 4.11) On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:45:37 -0500, julietta carpentieri <potato@newsguy.com> wrote: >This happened to me once before, and I can't remember what I had to do >to fix it. For some reason, it seem...

Unable to access exchange server with entourage (however other methods do work)
When I try to connect to our exchange server with entourage, all i get is the following message: Error -3176: The server can't be found. Be sure the mail server information is entered correctly in the Account Manager, and that your DNS settings in the Network Control Panel are correct. The strangest part is that i can access our exchange server through webmail (no problem) or through apple's mail.app (no problem) either. Can someone help? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:16:12 -0500, Laurent Lamblin wrote (in article <2004102821161216807%hush@skynetbe>): > The strangest part ...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

Modify Excel default cell width for Access export file
I am exporting a file from MS Access to MS Excel, and I would like to modify the default cell width in the Excell file. I tried creating a workbook template with modified cell widths and save it to the XLSTART folder. This works for new workbooks created in Excel, however, for the exported report files via Access, the cell width is not crrying through. Any suggestions? Thanks to all who respond. Gary ...