wm5 won't download new messages from exchange activesync

I have 3 new windows mobile 5 phones (not smartphones) and all messages
download as expected when the user has outlook 2003 up and running.
however when no instance of outlook is running the device will sync
with the server and see there are new messages, but won't doesn't
download them.  When I enable verbose logging on activesync the only
difference between outlook open and not is the final server response.
When outlook is open and running the server includes new messages in
the response and when outlook is closed the message ends after
<status>1</status> and no commands to add new messages to the device
are included.  This is leading me to believe that the issue is on the
exchange side of the world.  Nothing of note in the exchange log and
the IIS log on the backend server shows one additional response during
the sucessful download.  I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this?
or can offer any troubleshooting ideas/contradictory reports of wm5 +
exch sp2 behaving as expected?

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

downloading
After downloading from bank I have 26 items that do not show up in my account register. How do I access these items? This is the first time that this has happened. In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote: >After downloading from bank I have 26 items that do not >show up in my account register. How do I access these >items? This is the first time that this has happened. In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box. ...

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Interface not registered message

can i download lxce serv.exe

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Setting up a new e-mail account

Duplicate Messages

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Entourage (allegedly) cannot see message body sent by OWA
We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot see the message body when the email is sent from OWA. We are on 2003 SP2 btw. The external party claims that the following patch for OWA fixes the problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BC06E8A-08EB-4976-BC68-A03EBE3A2552&displaylang=en I am sceptical! Any thoughts Ignore!! I just saw another thread wit hthe details for this one. Thread is "OWA message text disappears" "Peter T" wrote: > We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot...

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...