WINDOWS folder 4.5GB Is it normal?

Hi

On my exchang2003 box my Windows folder is the size spesified...Is this
healthy and/or normal? Is there any way i can reduce this size WITHOUT
CASING PROBLEMS/ISSUES OF ANY KIND on my server. thanks for the ideas.

Sounds about right.

If you've cached web pages offline, you can delete them.  Pretty much
anything else could potentially be a problem or issue down the road.

"MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> On my exchang2003 box my Windows folder is the size spesified...Is this
> healthy and/or normal? Is there any way i can reduce this size WITHOUT
> CASING PROBLEMS/ISSUES OF ANY KIND on my server. thanks for the ideas.

0
John
4/23/2007 1:14:09 PM
Thanks John - where is cached webpages stored? thanks for the help

"John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamnetappdotcom> wrote in message
> Sounds about right.
>
> If you've cached web pages offline, you can delete them.  Pretty much
> anything else could potentially be a problem or issue down the road.
>
> "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> On my exchang2003 box my Windows folder is the size spesified...Is this
>> healthy and/or normal? Is there any way i can reduce this size WITHOUT
>> CASING PROBLEMS/ISSUES OF ANY KIND on my server. thanks for the ideas.

...\windows\offline web pages

> Thanks John - where is cached webpages stored? thanks for the help
>
> "John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamnetappdotcom> wrote in message
>> Sounds about right.
>>
>> If you've cached web pages offline, you can delete them.  Pretty much
>> anything else could potentially be a problem or issue down the road.
>>
>> "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> On my exchang2003 box my Windows folder is the size spesified...Is this
>>> healthy and/or normal? Is there any way i can reduce this size WITHOUT
>>> CASING PROBLEMS/ISSUES OF ANY KIND on my server. thanks for the ideas.

0
John
4/23/2007 1:58:16 PM
Thank you

> ..\windows\offline web pages
>
> "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks John - where is cached webpages stored? thanks for the help
>>
>> "John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamnetappdotcom> wrote in message
>>> Sounds about right.
>>>
>>> If you've cached web pages offline, you can delete them.  Pretty much
>>> anything else could potentially be a problem or issue down the road.
>>>
>>> "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in
>>> message news:uGyC9GYhHHA.4680@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

You can also delete the files in "IIS Temporary Compressed Files" and
"Temp".  Also, if Windows hasn't already done so, compress all the
$NTUninstall* directories.

Mike Ober.

"John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamnetappdotcom> wrote in message
> Sounds about right.
>
> If you've cached web pages offline, you can delete them.  Pretty much
> anything else could potentially be a problem or issue down the road.
>
> "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> On my exchang2003 box my Windows folder is the size spesified...Is this
>> healthy and/or normal? Is there any way i can reduce this size WITHOUT
>> CASING PROBLEMS/ISSUES OF ANY KIND on my server. thanks for the ideas.

0
Michael

Losing email in Windows live mail on Windows 7
I am losing some emails that come into my mailbox. I can read it in the Quick View "Unread emails" view but it does not show up in my Inbox or in any other folders. Open that inbox folder, than click View, Show or hide, Show all = messages. If you don't see the View button, press Alt first. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Virgil" <Virgil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:19D2BA1C-BBF4-4E10-8CDC-6BC3406D2E77@microsoft.com... >I am losing some emails that ...

Select Queries in Macro
Hi I have created a Macro with 20+ "Select Queries". When the Macro is run with the "OpenQuery" action, because these are "Select Queries" it is opening all of them in several windows. I want to either : 1. Run these queries without opening a window 2. Close all query windows after the Macro is complete. I know that its odd to have so many "Select Queries" - I didn't create the database, so rather than start from scratch I'd like to clean it up a bit. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. What is the purpose of openning a select query and...

Changing the default folder when inserting files.
Does anybody know how to change the default folder Outlook opens when inserting files? I have already tried the registry with no luck. Thanks. you can change the default folder - use the places bar to select the folder you want. http://www.poremsky.com/p/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kristin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Lost owner role in public folder
The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? /Stefan What version of Exchange? Stefan Jansson wrote: > The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove > the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or > rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? > > /Stefan Exchange 2000 /Stefan "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:%23Usp...

MS-Access In-Process Excel OLE activated window size
Hi, In MS-Access 2003, I displayed an excel file inside the OLE in a access form. When activating the OLE the excel sheet is activated and its width & height cannot be controlled to specific values programmatically. I tried with CROP/ZOOM/STRETCH options, nothing works fine. Can you please help me in controlling the hatch frame size after activation for of In-Process frame. ...

Pivot Table question #4
Hi I have spreadsheets that take data via a pivot table from an OLAP cube that is held on a terminal server. The spreadsheets hold figures entered by me and figures obtain from the pivot table. I want to enable the automatic update on the pivot table but the pivot table is sorted by a project number obtained from the OLAP cube. My problem is if a new project is added to the OLAP cube then it is automatically selected from the drop down list. I want to be able to turn this off so that it only selects the project I have previously chosed. For example if I have selected the filter nu...

modeless message window in a regular dll?
Hello community, I have written a regular dll that should just show a status window. The problem is that I have no control over the application calling the dll. The application should not be aware of the status window. The window should just be modeless (it shouldn't block *any* application GUI) and it should show a status message. If possible, it should have a Close button. The dll uses a worker thread for requests from the application and it uses a UI thread for socket operations. Note that I use MFC in the dll (which could make it more comfortable to create the window - or - on the ot...

RMS 2.0/Windows Permissions Error
Good Morning Everyone, I have a question for the group. I have a customer running RMS 2.0, pre SP2 on Windows XP. The customer is trying to lock down his cashiers from installing unauthorized software and other such abuses on the computers. Here is the problem. When locked down he is getting the error: "Server Failure 139: A server failure occurred while attempting to read the register." This error only happens as the POS and goes away when the user is added as a local administrator. I am fairly confident this is a problem with permissions regarding licensing or OPOS, bu...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

print folder in table style
Hello all, My CU wants to print a list of files in a folder. He use Outlook 2002. Click Other Shortcuts -> My computer -> choose a folder -> Click the print icon on toolbar -> choose Table Style -> print preview The header and footer can be printed properly. However the content is blank. I mean: there is no file in the list. I can print properly at my side. However at the CU side, there are 2000 users encounter the same problem. And there are four kinds of printer. All have this problem. Any suggestion? Thanks! ...

sharing folder in entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop we would like to share a folder in entourage without using exchange. <br> we would like to archive our email on 1 dataserver and be able to view these emails on 2 computers in a shared folder. is this possible without using exchange ? <capoen@officeformac.com> wrote: > > we would like to share a folder in entourage without using exchange. <br> > we would like to archive our email on 1 dataserver and be able to view > these emails on 2 computers in a shared fo...

Overlapped/Hidden window?
Is there any way to find out that one window(Static text)is overlapped/hidden by other(ComboBox)? ...

Problems with Publisher 2000 and Windows 2000
One of my clients started having problems with Microsoft Publisher 2000 last week. Whenvever she tries to run it on her Windows 2000 box, Windows installer comes up and asks her to insert her office CD, she does, and then she receives an error message saying "The installation source for this product is not available." She is an administrator of her own machine, but ironically, the user "administrator" can run publisher without any problem. I have had this problem with the first disk of Office 2000 in the past, and microsoft was able to resolve it by sending a pr...

windows 7 pro 64bit installing 32bit app
i am installing a 32 bit app on a 64 bit win7 platform it registers regsize32.ocx in the install but when i try and load the app it fails on that file and i can not run regsvr32 as the file is not present where does win7 place 32 but drivers like program files x86 You will find the 32bit version of regsvr32 at c:\windows\syswow64. The ocx might be in the same folder as regsvr32 or could be in the folder where you installed the app (\program files(x86)). "Stuart Macleod" <StuartMacleod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A204E-43C3-4BB6-9691-6DB4...

installing Windows Server SP2 onto SBS 2003 SP1
I have SBS 2003 SP1. I have been keeping up with all the windows updates for this machine and would like to update the machine to SP2. I had heard that if you try to update the SBS 2003 SP1 server to SP2, you need to unload a lot of the updates issued after the SP2 was submitted. Is this true? Hi Carl, This hasn't been my experience. And there is no SBS 2003 SP2. It's Windows 2003 SP2 installed on top of SBS 2003 SP1 (which already has Win2003 SP1 installed). Run the SBS 2003 BPA prior to the install of Win2003 SP2 to make sure you don't have an issues ...

CRM 4 workflow picklists
We have been creating workflows in CRM 4 to create an opportunity when a field is changed on a lead. In general this has not been an issue (and much easier then in CRM 3!) expect I have an issue with custom picklists. I have a pick list on the lead, and a picklist on the opportunity with the same values. Using the create entity step in the workflow manager I can not set the picklist value on the opportunity to the value on the lead. When trying to set a picklist it only lets me use a dynamic value of an identical picklist. Is there anyway I can tell the system that the picklist on the L...

MS Outlook 2002 Running in Windows 98
I just changed to a new ISP. The ISP walked me through setting up an email account for their site. I no longer have a send button. I also can't see Send/Receive under Tools. I have looked and looked to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Abby Abby, Try resetting your toolbars to the default settings. Note that you will lose any customizations you've made to them, but I think it will let you get your "Send/Receive" button and menu item back. -- Regards, Chris Burnham Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

ASP.Net 4 TreeView Collapses on Node Click
I have an ASP.Net 4 TreeView that's being populated by a SQLSiteMapProvider and sits on a MasterPage. When I click a node the tree collapses. EnableViewState is set to True ViewStateMode is set to Enabled Am I missing something? How do I keep the tree state as it is when I click a link? "Dave" <Dave.Burkett@Jacobs.com> wrote in message news:2038c0ba-5328-4138-b615-777e02975478@c7g2000vbc.googlegroups.com... > Am I missing something? How do I keep the tree state as it is when I > click a link? This "feature" has always been there and I...

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

password protecting personal folders in outlook 2003 won't work
I've tried to password protect my personal folders in outlook 2003 by right clicking on the personal folder, select properties and then put a password in, but it doens't work. Does anyone know how to password protect personal folders in outlook 2003. "dawnnolan" <dawnnolan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F4C6B26-613F-44B6-ACBE-78DE262C8BAC@microsoft.com... > I've tried to password protect my personal folders in outlook 2003 by right > clicking on the personal folder, select properties and then put a password > in, but it do...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.4.8 for Windows/Linux/Unix released
Download page: http://rapidshare.com/files/118192521/NewsMaestro_4.4.8_Src.zip (Hit Free button to download. For some download managers you need to open the .html file it downloaded to do actual download.) * Documentation update. * Bug fix in Archive 2 HTML generator while doing ReChapter. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFCs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed. As an automated tool to do anything you...

Delete Messages Folder Outlook 2003
When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get the following message: -- "This messanging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook."---- I have restarted outlook several times and have re-booted my computer a few times and I get the same message. Can anyone help me to resolve this situation? Ted Jamison <Ted Jamison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get > the following message: -- "This messanging interface has retu...

Strange SMTP addresses in Public Folders
Hello all I noticed today that several of my public folders have hundreds of randomly named SMTP addresses in the "E-mail Addresses" tab under the properties of each folder. The primary e-mail address matching the name of the public folder exist in the long list of other addresses so e-mail sent to the folder in making it to the right place, but why there are hundreds of other SMTP addresses has me stumped. All of the addresses are 6 characters in front of the @ and then the correct domain name for my organization. Example: 10a8cd@domain.com, 10c426@domain.com. One of my folders...

Shared folder goes offline
I have a shared folder on a laptop and I'm trying to access it from a desktop. Sometimes this is possible and sometimes the shared folder is "inaccessible", even if the laptop is not hibernating. Both OSes are WinXP Pro. How do I solve this problem? Most common two reasons are detailed here: http://mylogon.net/support/psave/ "Herzl Regev" wrote: > I have a shared folder on a laptop and I'm trying to access it from a > desktop. Sometimes this is possible and sometimes the shared folder is > "inaccessible", even if the laptop is...