Windows 2K, Exchange 2K3 : rename the web acces

Hello,
Is it possible de rename the /exchange directory (virtual) with Windows 2003
and Exchange 2003 ?
I don't fine the "Rename" Option..
With Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000, i have ever done it ..

Thanks ..

0
user1609 (15)

Migrating exchange mailboxes
HI All, I need to transfer exchange 2000 from one server to another on the same network. As I have about 50 users on the server, which is the best/fastest method to achieve this? thanks and regards GB If corporate mode Outlook users and you have some time to wait before sunsetting the original server, then move mailbox from the Exchange task wizard would be my choice. "GB" <gianni@compulogics.com.au> wrote in message news:%23wgAlZ8kEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > HI All, > > I need to transfer exchange 2000 from one server to another on the same > ne...

Exchange Failover Options
I am trying to find the best method to create a active/passive senario like with clustering, except not using clustering. I have two Exchange servers in two Active Directory sites, one that is our active server and one that is a disaster recovery server (passive). Does anyone know of a good way to provide failover support so that if the primary were to fail, the secondary could be activated and have the current email information? Thanks Try Double Take. "EGrub" wrote: > I am trying to find the best method to create a active/passive senario like > with clustering, exc...

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

Exchange & SMTP Logs
Hello, I am fairly new at Exchange 2003, I have a strong un*x background and have been using sendmail for quite sometime. I was wondering about log files with exchange. I have enabled SMTP logging which shows SMTP connections, where do I find the log that shows why an email has been rejected? Thanks! Chris c:\windows\system32\logfiles\ -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "Chris Edwards" <chris@buythetruck.com> wrote in message news:Oh$LtTsSGHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am fairly new at Exchange 2003, I ha...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Send Receive window.
Can someone please help. When you send or receive an email you can click on Send/Receive and a little window pops up with a green info bar letting you know whats coming in, how many, etc. This doesn't work for me anymore. It will do it only when there is nothing coming in or out. It will flash up connect/authorise/disconnect very quickly. If I have mail coming in, it will tell me down the bottom right of my screen. If i click Send/Receive while mail is been received, say 15 times nothing will happen. However once the mail is received that box will flash up 15 times quickly at...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Windows xp updates question
When I try to update Windows XP IE will not load page. It's as if the page didn't exist. I go click on 'Tools/Window Update' but the MS update page will not be found. How can I fix this? Tony Alpha wrote: > When I try to update Windows XP IE will not load page. It's as if > the page didn't exist. I go click on 'Tools/Window Update' but the > MS update page will not be found. > > How can I fix this? Windows XP _____ Edition with Service Pack _ __-Bit? Internet Explorer version _? Assuming some 32-bit version of Windows XP...

weppart in popup window
Hi All, I have a custom webpart running on my sharepoint page. Is is possible to open this webpart in a popup window inside the sharepoint page. I just want to open only this webpart in popup window not the whole page in popwindow. your suggestion will be valuable for me. Thanks, Chandan Chandan, You could create a Web Part Page, put the single web part on it, and set the link to show in a new window. Using SP Designer, you could then customize the page so that only the body (i.e. web part) is displayed. "chandan" <ck.kislay@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

web access autentication
hi every body i have installed an exchange 2003 in my domain and enable web access on it. every useres who want to access with web have to enter servers FQDN/exchange to browse it . after that a user name and password box apeared to them . im looking for a way if users login to domain , web access dosenot looking for autentication and after browsing server ip address that box dose not shown to them ! please lead me if it possible! In fact, the two last sentences are hard to understand. If my understanding is correct, you may try, http://exchangename/exchange or if you have only one e...

Rename name so formulas show name change
Excel 2003 Cell A1 is named MyCell. Cell A2 has formula "=MyCell". I rename cell A1 in the toolbar to NewCell. Cell A2 still has the formula "=MyCell". How do I rename cell A1 to NewCell and have it automatically change cell A2 to the formula "=NewCell"? Thank you for your help. Download Jan Karel Pieterse'e Name Manager here: http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:ORne6k3$GHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... | Excel 2003 |...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

Is there a way to hide/restrict Recipient Containers in Exchange 5
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to hide or restrict Recipient Containers in Exchange 5.5? Thanks, TNA ...

Problem with backup of microsoft exchange information store
Having a problem with backup exec 10d backing up microsoft exchange information store. Worked yesterday, but not today. Error is as below. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Job ended: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 8:49:28 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. Final error category: Security Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928 Backup- \\NYMAIL03\Microsoft Exchange Information Store V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied. Access denied to database . Hi, You should rally check with Veritas, but here is what a ...

Windows XP look
Hello, I added support in my program for windows xp look. But run into a problem that I don't know the answer too. I have some tab controls and each tab displays a child dialog, this child dialog does not get the windows xp look and is the old grey color which makes the whole dialog look bad. There must be an easy solution to this that I have missed? thanks /Niklas You need to call the EnableThemeDialogTexture with the handle for the dialog window and the ETDT_ENABLETAB flag. This is exported from uxtheme.dll. If this program needs to run on Pre-XP machines, you'll need to d...

Handle Of Modal Window
Hi guys, Obviously I am on MFC- visual C++.NET. and i am a bigginner. Here is my problem: Getting a handle of a window of a modal window and programatically clicking on its buttons. The modal window is openned by clicking on a menu item of the parent window. i have successfully openned the modal window using FindWindow from another application. i tried FindWindowEx but to no vail. i have not been able to find its handle and programatically click on its buttons. my objective is to be able to click on its buttons and then get handle to the another modal window openned by the click event and go o...

Two Domains
Due to a company merger we have two Active Directory forests and one Exchange 2003 server - the problem is that I can not share a mail box or contact list between users. I get an access denied if I try to share the mail box with an other user. When I try and trust the two ADs I get errors on the RPC server? The staff logon to SYSTEM A and the mail server is on SYSTEM B - both systems have the same staff IDs and LOGIN information. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIEI=?= <Joe B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1DC34E1C-6D90-49B2-BC06-44FDC4B2BABC@microsoft.com: > Due to a company merger...

Web Links in HTHL Mails
Hi all, Trying to sort a problem on one of our users PCs. Outlook 2000 running on XP. I can send him web links and they open fine. But when the link is contained in an HTML type mail it just ignores the click. Web browsing otherwise works fine and I can manually open the page that the link is pointing to on his machine. I'm sure it must be a security setting somewhere. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Many thanks Graeme ...

Exchange Server Public Calendar & iPhone
We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Thanks for any help! "Elizabeth Reynolds" <ElizabethReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9997D826-9CAD-4A07-91C5-18889EC1FF46@microsoft.com... > We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my > iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Ask the question in an iPhone forum. This one deals with neither Exchange nor iPhones, on...

Pivot Table(web) export to Excel -- Failed!
Every time when I export data from OWC PivotTable to excel, I get thi error message: Excel cann't load the component... but my pivot table works well in excel. After reinstall excel and OWC, this problem is still there. Any idea? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Global Distribution Groups Renamed after SP2 Upgrade
I've just noticed that all our Global Dist. Groups have been renamed to match their display names (we set them up with different Directory and Display names). We upgraded Exchange 2003 to SP2 last week and this is the only major upgrade we've applied to Exchange or AD recently, so I'm presuming that this is the cause. Has anyone else had this issue? Can't say i've ever seen that happen as part of an SP2 upgrade. "TallPaul" <tallpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:923B95E0-8723-4299-AE03-44F0AD4155D2@microsoft.com... > I've ju...

Independent Dynamics Windows
Is there anyway (in the dex.ini or anywhere else) to set so that the Dynamics windows do not drop to the bottom automatically? -- Doug The short answer is no. This is a product of the new single document interface to bring consistency with other Microsoft desktop applications in v10. While this may seem annoying at the beginning, in the end it will be no different than working with other applications or upgrading to a new version of Windows. Example, when you create a new email in Outlook it opens a single document window and not a window within the Outlook shell. This same concept...