WINDOWS 2003 Server sp1 AND EXCHANGE 2003

Whe have 2003 server and installed 2003 exchange Server. I want to install
sp1 to windows2003 server..
Is there is any problem with SP1? What is the risk of the sp1 for exchange?

Selim:

    I am running SP1 on a lot of different types of configurations and have
had no problems.  (Well, one, but that was due to an old version Dell
OpenManage.)  I made a couple of different blog entries recently about my
experiences with SP1.  You can find them at
http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com.  They are all pretty recent in my blog.
But, here are some other suggestions.

    1)    Read all the release notes for SP1 and make sure that the
applications you are running are not on the "incompatabilities list".
    2)    Check with your storage vendor (if you have SAN or NAS) and make
sure that their software is supporting SP1.  If not, get the updates you
need from them.
    3)    Check with your backup provider to make sure that they are
supporting SP1
    4)    If you are running Dell servers, wait for the upgrade to Dell
OpenManage 4.4 (due out sometime in early June).  Install the updated Server
Management software (if installed already) and then use their Server Update
Utility CD (from v4.4) to update the firmware and device drivers (very nice
new addition to Dell's tools).  [If you are running other vendor's servers,
check for their updates.  I'm just a Dell person now, so that is what I
know.]
    5)    Make good backups before doing anything else (such as applying the
SP, updating firmware, or updating device drivers)

Jim McBee
Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
Web:    http://www.somorita.com
Stuff:    http://geekbargains.blogspot.com

"selim talasli" <selim.talasli@emu.edu.tr> wrote in message
> Whe have 2003 server and installed 2003 exchange Server. I want to install
> sp1 to windows2003 server..
> Is there is any problem with SP1? What is the risk of the sp1 for
> exchange?

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
5/18/2005 9:21:38 PM
jim
we are using Compaq server ML350 Series.
as I told We are using exchange 2003 with service pack1.
I want to install windows 2003 server service pack1 but I can not trust to
sp1. I will backup before install sp1 but what is the important thing for
installing sp1. Did you see any error after installing 2003 server sp1?
My friend said that 'I didnt install windows service pack1 after installing
exchange2003 server?

"Jim McBee (MVP)" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
> Selim:
>
>    I am running SP1 on a lot of different types of configurations and have
> had no problems.  (Well, one, but that was due to an old version Dell
> OpenManage.)  I made a couple of different blog entries recently about my
> experiences with SP1.  You can find them at
> http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com.  They are all pretty recent in my
> blog. But, here are some other suggestions.
>
>    1)    Read all the release notes for SP1 and make sure that the
> applications you are running are not on the "incompatabilities list".
>    2)    Check with your storage vendor (if you have SAN or NAS) and make
> sure that their software is supporting SP1.  If not, get the updates you
> need from them.
>    3)    Check with your backup provider to make sure that they are
> supporting SP1
>    4)    If you are running Dell servers, wait for the upgrade to Dell
> OpenManage 4.4 (due out sometime in early June).  Install the updated
> Server Management software (if installed already) and then use their
> Server Update Utility CD (from v4.4) to update the firmware and device
> drivers (very nice new addition to Dell's tools).  [If you are running
> other vendor's servers, check for their updates.  I'm just a Dell person
> now, so that is what I know.]
>    5)    Make good backups before doing anything else (such as applying
> the SP, updating firmware, or updating device drivers)
>
> Jim McBee
> Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
> Web:    http://www.somorita.com
> Stuff:    http://geekbargains.blogspot.com
>

> "selim talasli" <selim.talasli@emu.edu.tr> wrote in message
>> Whe have 2003 server and installed 2003 exchange Server. I want to
>> install sp1 to windows2003 server..
>> Is there is any problem with SP1? What is the risk of the sp1 for
>> exchange?

Outlook 2003 features
1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Project-like use of Tasks (e.g., does it permit sub tasks) like Microsoft Schedule Plus? 2. Does Outlook 2003 have a Gantt chart feature? No on both counts...but you might want to poke around www.slipstick.com and see if there are any 3rd party addins that would add this functionality. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:296a301c4652b$32cdbe40$a401280a@phx.gbl, Sherry wrote: > 1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Pr...

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

Using Windows fax
I have used the Windows fax console for receiving faxes for a while. I had Photoshop installed when I started using the fax system in Windows. I could VIEW and it would open Photoshop automatically. I deleted Photoshop and now have Photoshop Essentials 8. I now cannot VIEW anything because I don't have software to view .tif . I know that Essentials opens it, but I can't find anywhere in the fax console to tell it to go to Essentials. Please help. Chip wrote: > I have used the Windows fax console for receiving faxes for a while. I had > Photoshop ...

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Exchange Freezes on SBS2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C50BDC.0B5F9010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a SBS2003 that has been operational for 6 months. Something is wrong and the whole mail system freezes up. Rebooting the Server seems to solve the problem for a day or two... This is one of the Event Viewer messages: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store = (xxxxx)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fa...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

PibotTable(OLE server)
I'm using MS Access 2003 and doing homework about Pivottable. When I select Query that I would like to create Pivottable. There is a message shows" The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it. Restart the OLE server, and then try the operation again." I don't know what the OLE server is and how to restart? If you knows, please help Thanks On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:23:01 -0700, TT <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not sure exactly what happened, but your query likely included an "OLE Object"...

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

Duplication of same page in same window. How to reverse?
Have duplication of one page in window. How can I return to single page display in window? Thanks - On Jan 11, 11:32=A0pm, Questions. I've got questions...... <Questions. I've got questions......@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have duplication of one page in window. =A0How can I return to single pag= e > display in window? > Thanks - Click on the bar between the two halves and drag it up to the top (or down to the bottom) of the window. Or, if this is Word 2003 or earlier, use Window | Remove Split. Or, if you are using Side by Side windows, cli...

How to change window border colours?
Hi. I wanted to change some of the colours on windows XP. I can go into: Control Panel - Display. Then to: Appearance. I clicked Windows XP style. There are only 3 colour schemes. Kind of boring. In Appearance - Advanced, I can edit and change the colour of each window, size, text, borders, etc. I did, but I still see the blue windows most of the time. Some of my programs and some notifications have the colours I chose. But I mostly see those colours when I minimize or open a window/program. Then I see the typical Windows XP blue windows. If I went to Windows Classic styl...

Registry hack for keeping Outlook 2003 in same state as it was when last closed?
Is there a registry hack that will allow me to keep Outlook, and any opened email windows, in the same position and state that they were when I last closed Outlook 2003? For instance, there are a number of calendars and messages that I prefer to have open each time I restart Outlook 2003. Is there a registry setting that will allow Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to remember the state of all the opened windows? What do you mean exactly? Do you want them opened each time you open Outlook, or do you mean when you have Outlook open, you want them to open in the same position as the last t...

I lost my Access (Office) 2003 disk
I have MS Office 2003 loaded on my computer, but someone stole all my program disks just over a year ago, and now I'm finding that things like the subform wizard doesn't load automatically with the program, but has to be loaded later from the program disk (I'm working out of some tutorial-type books for Access 2003). Is there some way of getting around this? Either just using Access workarounds, or is there some way of getting a hold of these (apparent) add-ins to the program, either on line or on disc? Thanks Rob, I answered your question in the Forms newsgroup, this morning. -...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Separate Thread with top-level window in MFC DLL
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or insights people have on an issue I am facing. I am trying to create a DLL that will export a single function. This function, when called, spawns a new thread with its own top-level CFrameWnd. The thread should process all messages for that CFrameWnd. It looks like most applications that will use DLL will be MFC-based but not 100% of them. I am currently creating a regular MFC DLL (not an extension). The CWinApp in that DLL does not have a main window initially (set to NULL). In the exported function, I execute a AfxBeginThread to create the new thre...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

2003: LDAP Error
I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: field. The error header reads "Microsoft LDAP Diectory" The message is "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Check the settings of the Address Book. Tools -> Address Book. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16e7a01c41791$16dbb210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error > message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: > field. >...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Open windows explorer
Does anyone know how to have a cell "hyperlink" to windows explorer open to a particular folder? Right-click the cell, select Hyperlink and point to your folder. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

Non responsive MTA on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I got the following problem: The MTA on an Exchange 5.5 box is for some reason not responding anylonger to a STOP service (probably due to a corrupted message in the queue). I want to have the least downtime possible and wanna run an MTACHECK asap. Two solutions available: -reboot the server (stopping the MTA doesn't work using the regular ways) -kill the MTA process using the KILL.EXE tool. It seems to me that killing the MTA process would be faster that having to restart the whole server. Moreover users can still access their mailboxes even though the MTA is running amok. ...

a larger window to view the files
Hello, When I click on the "FILE, OPEN" menu items I get a dialogue box showing a list of all the Excel files on my directory and then I can chose the file I want to open. Often, before I select which file I want, I need to resize the columns (Name, Size, type, modified) within that dialogue box to look at various properties and it would be ever so useful if there existed a Macro or utility that presented the list of files in a somewhat larger window so that I did not need to move the column widths each time. Needless to say, this does not just apply to Excel but that is a prog I ...