Will these happen automatically?

Hi all,

Exchange 2003 SP2 and windows 2003 R2 envir.

We are going to switch our IP provider and use their DNS server.  So, we
need to change our DNS records (MX , A ...).  Meanwhile, we have another site
which use different IP provider and MX record which we do not change.  We
have seperate SMTP connector set up at this site.  Will emails automatically
routed out through this remote site?  Will incoming emails automatically
routed to second MX record since we change the first MX record's A record (
we do have two MX records)?

Please advise.

Thanks.

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:33:02 -0800, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>We are going to switch our IP provider and use their DNS server.  So, we
>need to change our DNS records (MX , A ...).

Unless you're changing the domain name you only heed to alter the A
record's IP address and any PTR records associated with the previous
network addresses.

>Meanwhile, we have another site
>which use different IP provider and MX record which we do not change.

But the domain name is the same?

>We
>have seperate SMTP connector set up at this site.  Will emails automatically
>routed out through this remote site?

Outbound email will leave from the same machines that left from
before. The only change will be the IP address used.

>Will incoming emails automatically
>routed to second MX record since we change the first MX record's A record (
>we do have two MX records)?

Isn't that what happens now? Mail delivered to the domain will be
delivered (usually) to the MX with the lowest numbered priority. If
both of your MX have the same priority then which one is used depends
on your DNS.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Pivot Tables
I have a new computer and previously I was able to use Pivot tables as a shortcut to highlight a list of say 500 items and display the unique items in a pivot table. However when I try to do that now it doesn't display the items, it only show the dropdown with the unique items checked or unchecked and therefore I cannot highlight the unique items to create my unique items list. Does anyone know if there is an option that is preventing me from doing this or any other way to create a unique items list from a larger list. Thank you very much. If you create a pivot table with a fi...

Automatic creation of Hyperlinks
Hi there Wondering if someone has a macro which scans through all cells in all worksheets and if it finds a cell which has the same value of one of the sheet names, it then converts that cell to a hyperlink to that sheet. For example, assume you have sheets names Sales, COS and GP and in the sheet Sales, cell A3 contains the text COS. It should then make this a hyperlink to the COS sheet. Thanks Hi as a starting point for working with hyperlinks see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Zunaid wrote: > Hi there > > Wondering...

Is it true that Publisher will be fazed out on the next Windows OS ?!?!?!
Thanks. Publisher was never part of an OS. Publisher is not being phased out of Office 12. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mr 1977" <jgw1977@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1143039400.672381.172950@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Thanks. > Mr 1977 wrote: > Thanks. Publisher isn't and has never been part of any Windows OS so I guess it has always been phased out; therefore, it shouldn't faze you. ...

how do I create fields in word 2007 to automatic update in excel?
Each day I create a new document that contains several patient's info which includes history, names, patient numbers, etc. At the end of the month I copy and select only data that I need, which is name, patient numbers, and date (not the entire document) and copy into a new document. How do I create a template that will mark specific text and have it automatically update in a new document? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm Or http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Document_Data.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only t...

Excel 2003: What happened to the '=' button in the formular bar
I've just upgraded from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. The most important change I've noticed is that the '=' sign in the formula bar has been replaced with the function (e.g. fx) button. This is somewhat annoying because I was used to starting my formulas by clicking on the = sign and then pointing at various cells to include in a formula. Is this user replaceable in some way so I can get the '=' sign back or am I missing something important in terms of new functionality? TIA for any help you can provide Smokey ------------------------------- smokey_j@hotmail.com "...

Format cell will not appear
Hello, I have a budget spreadsheet in E2k that I need to update. I can change al the numbers and formlas but if I select Format Cells the dialog box will not appear. I cannot find a single cell anyware in that workbook that works. The budget sheet has some grey area to the righ. I tweaked it last year and I can't remember what I did. Please help Tim Tim, Maybe the sheet is protected. Tools, Protection. If you see Unprotect sheet" it was. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Tim Marciniak" <t...

money 2004 delux will not install
I used the trial version. Thought I deleted it and then tried to install 2004 deluxe and it says it is installed correctly but get an error message saying unable to intialize a required money component. reinstall. I did reinstall and it still doesn't work. HELP> Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313374 and see if it helps you -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsof...

Change the automatic classification ?
Hi, In CRM, the standard format for the quotes is "XXX-0000-XXXXXX". But we don't need the suffix. Is it possible to change this auto format, by exemple giving to the suffix the initials or the name of the user who create the quote ? If it's possible i wish to do the same for the orders. Thanks for your help. ...

How do I delete a message then automatically go to next messaage.
I outlook 2003 how do I delete a message then have it automatically open the next message. Go to Tools | Options, and on the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options...it's the first item in the dialog box that pops up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Seeker" wrote: > I outlook 2003 how do I delete a message then have it automatically open the > next message. ...

Outlook 2003 Not Sending/Receiving automatically
Recently installed Office 2003 Pro and SP1. Using Exchange 2000 Server Outlook configured to "send immediatly when connected", also to send/receive every 5 minutes (tried 1 minutes) 1. Mail in Outbox does not get sent 2. interval send/recieve not happening 3. When exiting Outlook 2003 , mail in outbox does not get sent, just get waring message stating mail still in box. 4. outlook configured to cache and store mailbox offline. problem occurred after installing SP1??? Are you working online or offline when this happens? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repli...

Will MS Publisher perform pagination ? If so, how ?
I want to create a directory of physician names for our hospital in regular name and address format. The information I currently have is in Excel and I would like to merge it into a catalog format within Publisher. But, I need to know if this is possible and will the document paginate automatically in Publisher ? OR - - Would it be better to use the Directory feature in MS Word merge wizarad ? The catalog merge will do well for what you have in mind. About catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010036071033.aspx?pid=CH010504381033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://o...

Outlook 2003 keeps launching automatically
I am trying to resolve an issue with a machine that keeps launching outlook. It even does it in safe mode. I have ran two different virus scanners on it with no results. If I close outlook, it just re-opens it. Sometimes is opens it immediately, but other times it takes up to a minute for it to re-open. I have run spyware removers on it, but that did not help. I also updated office. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas out there? when you close it, does it remain in task manager? Do you have any applications installed that use outlook data? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Auth...

Have tasks automatically show up on calendar
Running SharePoint 2007 Is there a way to have items added to a task list automaically show up on the site's calendar? And if so, would I be able to edit the task by cliking on it from within the calendar? -- Richard ------=_NextPart_0001_F9B4ACB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This feature is not available OOB as the content type are different on both lists. However it might be possible to achieve it through SharePoint object model. Sharing in as is condition: You may be interested in http://intelligantt.blogspot.com/2009/01/viewing-...

Window will not resize to medium size
My Windows mail will not resize to medium size. It is either maximized or a tiny bar. Any ideas? Corinne wrote: > My Windows mail will not resize to medium size. It is either > maximized or a tiny bar. Any ideas? ============================================== Try dragging the corner of the window to the size you want and close it. It should be the same the next time you open it. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at you...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value? #2
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? Assuming data entry cells are col. A, right-click the worksheet tab, choose "View Code", copy in the code below, and press ALT+Q to close VBE. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim sMsg As String With Target If .Column > 1 Then Exit Sub If .Count > 1 Then Exit...

ESM will not purge orphan account
Hopefully someone can answer this question. We are moving from Exchange 2000 sp3 running on Server 2000 sp4 to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. All users are moved to the new box and things are functioning. When un-installing Exchange 2000 to pull it out totally, I still see 1 user account left and it will not un-install. In ESM the account shows with a RED x. I can reconnect it to a test user account. Through AD I can take the Exchange mailbox away, run cleanup and I get the RED x back. When I attempt to purge, I click ok and the screen refreshes and the account does not disappear...

my mails are deleted automatically
hi , i have an exchange 2003(sp1) with server 2003(sp1) , i am getting an prob from few days that my mails are automatically deleted from my inbox , and it is happen to all of the accounts in my domain , so plzz can any body tell me what the reason behind this and what i have to configure , i wil be very thank full to u . with regards ali On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:46:02 -0700, mohammad ali <mohammadali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi , > >i have an exchange 2003(sp1) with server 2003(sp1) , i am getting an prob >from few days that my mails are automatically de...

How do I extend a dotted line automatically?
In a legal document, how can I get a dotted line at the end of a paragraph so that it automatically extends to the right margin? You can set a tab stop with a dot leader. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Bentcliff" <Bentcliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30DFBA7-BB87-4FC0-8B01-D6F3051B53EB@microsoft.com... > In a legal document, how can I get a dotted line at the end of a paragraph > so > that it automatically extends to the right margin? ...

This Copy Will Expire?
I was just looking in the About section of my Money Plus software. It states "This copy will expire on 8/9/2009". What exactly will happen on that date? I ask since Microsoft has stated that it will not be offering a new version. I clicked on the "8/9/2009" and found that it seems to relate to online services. Will I stop getting prices or what? Will I need to pay some service fee at that point if they have not had a new release? In microsoft.public.money, John Gallagher wrote: >I was just looking in the About section of my Money Plus software. It states >&...

automatically add contact of people I reply to
In earlier versions of Outlook, I was able to have addresses automatically added to my address/contacts whenever I replied to an email. However, now with 2002, I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Can someone please tell me how. Thanks, Jen That was only a feature in IMO mode of Outlook. Corp/Workgroup and current Outlook versions have no such feature. You can write code to mimic it if you want: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27e801c3a62a$797...

Automatic tracking of ALL incoming and outgoing e-mails to and from CRM 4 contacts
Is there a easy way to do this. We have a third party plugin which the developer has said they are no longer supporting in CRM4 as it is not necessary. With thanks Mark On Mar 27, 3:42=A0pm, "Mark Gould" <MarkGo...@community.nospam> wrote: > Is there a easy way to do this. > > We have a third party plugin which the developer has said they are no lon= ger > supporting in CRM4 as it is not necessary. > > With thanks > > Mark Hi Mark, not 100% sure what you meant. CRM does include an email router to track all emails between you email system and ...

My Data Base will Not open in Publisher Mail Merge
When I try to Merge a Data Base into a Publisher piece heres what i get: The data source you have chosen contains more than one worksheet or table. Please enter the name of the worksheet or table that contains the information you want to merge. I have NO IDEA what its asking me for. Publisher Help doesn t seem to have the answer, the co. that I bought the Data from has no idea. She sent it in CSV format if that helps. Thanks jba195@yahoo.com Sounds like it has move than one worksheet in an Excel file. Make a backup copy, then open it with Excel, if it has more than one worksheet delete...

Automatically adding unwanted name to email
Hi I'm using Office 2k. Everytime I reply to an email and press return to start a new paragraph outlook assumes its the end of the message and adds my name. Problem is I got married recently so its not correct. I'd like to stop it happening all together. I've searched till I'm blue in the face and changed any entries to my married name but still it persists. Would some kind person point me in the right direction please??? TIA tools, options, email options, disable mark my comments with. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24...

Automatically inserting text into cells which already contain text

Journal Function Will Not Display
I am a standalone user of Outlook 2002. All functions work properly except the Journal function. When I click on the Journal folder, I get a message that says, 'Unable to display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I've tried this but to no avail. I suspect it is something other than a memory or system resource problem. Advice? Thanks in advance. Have you tried a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...