why is my queues full with domains mail i dont reconize

i have exchange 2003 and the queues is full with other domains mails.  no
matter what i do it still fills up.  so when i send my mail out it seems to
get stuck and not go out util i reboot the exchage server.  this is getting
crazy.  ive been looing into my relay setting follow all the advice.  So how
do i clear out these domain now that i have locked down the relay stuff

0
jgrace (38)

Sounds like you are getting Reverse NDR spammed. You can
apply a recipient filter to your SMTP virtual server that
will drop all email to non-existent recipients instead of
sending an NDR. In the system manager, expand Global
Settings, and go to properties of Message Delivery. Go to
the Recipient Filtering tab, and check the box for Filter
Recipient Who Are Not in the Directory. Then go to the
properties of your SMTP Virtual Server, and apply that
Recipient Filter. You will have to stop the STMP service,
and then rename your Mailroot directory to clear
everything out of the queue. After waiting for the rest
of the emails in the queue to expire (12 hours by
default) you shouldn't have the problem anymore.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/9/2004 5:07:29 PM
In the queues, who are the messages from? If they're from <> (null sender),
this is your Exchange server sending out an NDR, most likely to spammers
who've tried to send spam to nonexistent addresses on your domain.

If you're seeing messages from addresses not on your domain - note that if
you leave authenticated relay enabled (as it is by default), and don't have
good password policies (regular changes, complex passwords) and/or have
enabled 'guest', there's a good chance that a spammer is exploiting
authenticated relay on your server. See
http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/authattack.asp for info on that. Disable
authenticated relay if you don't need it.

James wrote:
> i have exchange 2003 and the queues is full with other domains mails.
> no matter what i do it still fills up.  so when i send my mail out it
> seems to get stuck and not go out util i reboot the exchage server.
> this is getting crazy.  ive been looing into my relay setting follow
> all the advice.  So how do i clear out these domain now that i have
> locked down the relay stuff

0
lanwench (7567)
6/9/2004 5:41:23 PM
Can you explain this in more detail please......

"Mike Hendrickson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sounds like you are getting Reverse NDR spammed. You can
> apply a recipient filter to your SMTP virtual server that
> will drop all email to non-existent recipients instead of
> sending an NDR. In the system manager, expand Global
> Settings, and go to properties of Message Delivery. Go to
> the Recipient Filtering tab, and check the box for Filter
> Recipient Who Are Not in the Directory. Then go to the
> properties of your SMTP Virtual Server, and apply that
> Recipient Filter. You will have to stop the STMP service,
> and then rename your Mailroot directory to clear
> everything out of the queue. After waiting for the rest
> of the emails in the queue to expire (12 hours by
> default) you shouldn't have the problem anymore.

0
jgrace (38)
6/9/2004 8:38:03 PM
Hi,
you might want to check that freeware tool on simtel:
http://www.simtel.net/product.php[id]78568[sekid]0[SiteID]simtel.net
Karsten

"James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> i have exchange 2003 and the queues is full with other domains mails.  no
> matter what i do it still fills up.  so when i send my mail out it seems
> get stuck and not go out util i reboot the exchage server.  this is
getting
> crazy.  ive been looing into my relay setting follow all the advice.  So
how
> do i clear out these domain now that i have locked down the relay stuff

0
karsten1 (2)

Coma between two e-mails
I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails With the comma key. But that's something you do in your e-mail client. Hemang wrote: > I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails With email address 1 in A1 and email address 2 in A2 =A1 & "," & A2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 04:39:01 -0700, Hemang <Hemang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails Thu, 13 May 2010 04:39:01 -0700 from Hemang <Hemang@discussion...

Cannot send mail to certain domains
For some reasons, we cannot send mail to state.az.us mail domain. The mail address pattern is recipient@cc.state.az.us or recipient@util.cc.state.az.us .. I don't know if the long domain name caused problem or not. ANy help is greatly appreciated. Bill our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 4/23/2004 12:14 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'recipient@util.cc.state.az.us' on 4/23/2004 12:15 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure state.az.us preference = 5, mail exchanger = email.sta...

MS CRM Full Text Index for Attachements
As many have experienced, finding something after you've put it into MS CRM can be difficult. In an attempt to solve this problem specifically for file attachments (to emails, notes, etc.), I'm toying with the idea of adding full text indexes to the AnnotationBase table. And then creating an SDK front end to do the searching. Has anyone configured MS CRM in this way? Is there a better way to accomplish searching documents that are attached and in the database? Thanks, Dean Dean, I'm not sure this will work. The attachments are stored as BLOBs in the database so I don'...

Internal Mail Forwarding & Rules...
All, I have a curious problem: We have disallowed external mail forwarding, but of course users can still auto-forward emails within the organization by using rules. For the most part this works rather well, but one or two users can only forward email to internal users via rules by running said rules manually. I have deleted the rules and rebuilt them a number of times trying different built scenarios; I get same behavior. Before I take the drastic step of deleting the users’ profiles and starting over, I thought I’d look for a solution here. Vincent Martin MCSE/MSCA 2000/2003 + M...

e-mail #48
How do I check if someone has read the e-mail I sent them? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 06:31:04 -1000, lysha <lysha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I check if someone has read the e-mail I sent them? Ask them. :-) There isn't any guaranteed way to do it. In Outlook you can select "Options" and check the "Request a Read Receipt" box. That will often, but not always, work. Not all mail servers support read receipts, not all clients support them and it is possible to read a message without triggering the receipt. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-O...

Problems with Exchange across multiple domains in same forest
Hey all, hoping I can get some help here: 1. Unable to view GAL for separate domain in same forest. Full GAL shows up in ESM but not in outlook. GAL that does show will update as new users added to first domain, but not second domain obviously. 2. Unable to authenticate to exchange server from second domain when setting up exchange connection. When setting up exchange connection using a user from first domain exchange works fine. Any help appreciated! -- ____________________________________________ Scott C. Reynolds - Tales From the SharpSide http://www.scottcreynolds....

What do classify as Internet mail?
Hi all What is internet mail? Is it only mail that comes from internet based accounts like yahoo, hotmail, free internet mail accounts OR is it something different. Thanks for helping me... On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 04:58:02 -0700, Craig from Huguenot <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all > >What is internet mail? Is it only mail that comes from internet based >accounts like yahoo, hotmail, free internet mail accounts OR is it something >different. Thanks for helping me... > ANy mail that comes from the Internet? Andy David - MVP <adavid@...

Moving the full text index property store
Hi, We are not using FT indexing, but the following directories exist in our clustered environment, i wish to move these from the existing disk to a new volume. X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Config X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\GatherLogs X:\EXCHSRVR\ExchangeServer_%servername%\Projects I notice that you can use the pstoreutl.exe program to move store logs, does this move all three folders? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/08728b4b-6416-40c5-a5a9-8458d1012fbf.aspx Thanks Matthew Actually, there is a more specific article that talks about how to move the ...

Mail Merge Tracking
I'm currently successfully creating a mail merge using Outlook and am able to send the form email to several individuals. However, is there a way to track if the email has been read using the tracking features of Outlook? No, not via the standard Mail Merge feature. You can achieve this with several Mail Merge add-ins though such as Send Individually from Sperry Software; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/sperry_sendindividually If you decide to order use BH93RF24 to get a discount. Other Mail Merge tools are listed here; http://howto-outlook.com/tag/mass-mail -- Robert...

Links in mails no longer work...
in outlook 2007, out of the blue... when I select a link from an email, I get an error: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have no idea how this happened. any advise will be helpful. "Rgryn" <Rgryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A02212C-C0BB-45F3-8678-05CA5A2DA967@microsoft.com... > in outlook 2007, out of the blue... when I select a link from an email, I > get > an error: > "This operation has been canceled due to res...

how to send mails at a scheduled time
hi, does anyone know how to send mails at a scheduled time from outllok express or microsoft outlook thanks depending on your version of outlook, there might be two ways, but in Outlook 2000 and above, with the email you're going to send open, go to View, Options...there's a checkbox that reads "Do not deliver before" and you can select the date and time you want the message sent... "CARETTA" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:OXJ1OZsqDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > does anyone know how to send mails at a scheduled time from outllok exp...

notification when new mail arrive if outlook is not active
Is there possibility to have notification when new mail arrive, even outlook is not open >-----Original Message----- >Is there possibility to have notification when new mail >arrive, even outlook is not open >. > To set up a notification, go to Tools --> Options --> Email Options and check the box 'Display a notification message when new email arrives'. This can only work if Outlook is open. I now that but I need notification if Outlook is not started!!! >-----Original Message----- > >>-----Original Message----- >>Is there possibility...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 64 bit SLOW download of mail
I've read most of the posts I can find related to the slowness of Outlook retrieving mail and I still can't resolve this. I have a POP account at Roadrunner. My normal downloads are very fast. Sending mail is fast. Receiving mail - I can watch the count of BYTES going up about 30 at a time... BYTES not KB not MB. THe typical fix I see doesn't appear to be valid in Win7 only Vista (the Autosize window or something like that). I thought I'd take a chance and try the Beta of Outlook 2010 and guess what? It;s still slow. Any thoughts? This is really a dog. Open...

E-mail error 0x800ccc79
Hello... The other day I tried sending an e-mail message with Outlook 2000 to TVO Ontario (a public TV station in Canada) but it wouldn't go, saying that the recipient was rejected by the server and the error given was 0x800ccc79. I could send this e-mail to that address using either Outlook Express 6.0 or Netscape 7.1. I could send other e-mails with Outlook 2000 to myself or other addresses. Today, I received that same error message when I tried to send a message to someone in a federal government office here in Ottawa. I did a Detect and Repair on Outlook 2000 and it seems to hav...

New Mailbox Can't Receive External Mail
We have recently added a new mailbox to Exchange 2000 on our company's server. The new user can send and receive internal mail OK and can send external mails also using Outlook 2003. The issue is that he is not receiving mails from external sources although we can tell that they are being sent as we can pick them up from our ISP. We can't find any differences between the new user profile and the previous profiles that work OK. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we need to do? No-one at my company is that familiar with Exchange. Thanks in advance Pls cancel outlook...

Windows Mail has stopped working
About a week ago. I sometimes catch it working, but mostly I get this message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'KT MAIL', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F I haven't changed any settings, and have used this same account for years. Thanks for any help! -- karenlea Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually ...

trouble closing Windows Mail
I have been having a problem closing Windows mail. When I click on the red X it gives me a message to search for a solution becuase it has stopped working and restart. Then it works until I restart my computer. What can I do to stop this from happening every time. Also, does this wil internet explorer. There are a couple of things you can try, but since IE is also affected, the common problem may exist outside of Windows Mail. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. Make sure you have installed Vista's SP1 and SP2 update...

Windows Live Mail Message Rules
I have two installations of Windows 7 one 32 bit Home Premium and one 64 bit Ultimate. I want to copy the message rules from the 32 bit installation to the 64 bit installation. They are on different drives. I have already gotten the messages, folders and contacts which seemed simple emough but I can't find the message rules. Where are they and how do I copy them from my 32 bit installation to my 64 bit installation? Rules are stored in the Registry.... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Rules If you are not adverse to working with the registry, you can e...

HOw to Allow Mail
I have 1 Exchange server 2003 I have 2 domain names Business 1 is allready coming in on the Exchange. I have another domain name called Business 2 how do you allow Business 2 to come into the Business 1 Exchange server?? I can not find any info on this. Any whit paper on this or can someone point me to some info.. Thanks You need to look into Recipient Policies. Go into ESM and look for the default recipient policy. You should see that this is where you configured the domain name for business 1. You simply need to add the domain name for business 2 here. Read this: http://support.mi...

Search ALL Mail folders
(Microsoft Office Outlook 2003). When I type a word in the "Look for:" box, click "All Mail folders" in the "Search in" drop-down list and click "Find Now", the results appear in a list labelled "Inbox". (This leads me believe that only the "Inbox" folder is being searched). How do I see the results from ALL folders? Searching the Inbox folder includes all subfolders if you have specified they are included. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook ve...

Email Archiving/Routing to Public Folders, based on domain names
Ok, here's what I'm going for: I'm beginning to use Sharepoint to manage my client's network configurations (documentation, knowledgebases, etc). I plan on having a unique Sharepoint site per client, and I'm well aware of how to link a public folder to the site. What I'd like to accomplish - to have all email sent and received to a specific client journaled/archived to a public folder, which is linked to that particular client's sharepoint site. Eg - joe@contoso.com emails me with his IT issue. I respond back, resolve Joe's problem, everything's ...

Outlooks "Incoming mail (POP3)" keeps changing to "local"
Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)" change from the mail server I have specified to "local" and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account name" /meMailServerName Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually change it back to original setting so I can get my mail. Shawn This is your antivirus software, most likely (or antispam software). Outlook doesn't do this. Check with the mfr. to see if they have an...

WM_PAINT and message queues
Hiy I have an application (Direct3D) which repaints its windows when required by posting a WM_PAINT message to them From doing a bit of reading, it seems WM_PAINT isn't a 'normal' message in that it never appears in the system queu (eg. http://www.flounder.com/messaging.htm) A couple of questions Is it a bad idea to PostMessage(WM_PAINT) directly rather than use InvalidateWindow() Can there ever be more than one WM_PAINT in the queue for a window? In other words, can there be a backlog o WM_PAINT messages if they're being generated faster than the screen can be redrawn ...

Outbox Mail Open in 2003
This just started. When I create an e-mail and select send it goes to Outbox. When I select send and receive the mail in the Outbox remains there. When I look at the mail in the Outbox it indicates it has been opened. I have tried moving it to Drafts and sending it again. Same thing, Outbox mail is open. Any ideas? Ray ...

Office 2010, some e-mail will not send
While sending a number of e-mails, a good number of them will not send, blocks all other sends. Outlook 2010 does not offer any error. outlook 2010 x86, Win 7 x86. -- Art what type of account? is there any similarities between the stuck messages? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...