Who wants a shot at this error?

Nothing in google nothing at microsoft site...
I get this error
The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. Error returned
is <id:997>. Event 1005

I get this in the application event viewer..
Not sure if this is exchange at all? Need to start somewhere.

--
Thanks
0

Hello Bryce,

DSRestore's job is to synch the domain admin password with the dsrm password.  The
dsrestore process will run every 30 mins to verify that the passwords are in synch.  If they are
not, dsretore will synch them.  The 1005 error indicates that dsrestore was unable to connect to
the SAM and verify the passwords are in synch when the server boots.  My guess is that it fails
at boot due to a race condition.  If the process fails it does not run again until the server is
rebooted.  As a workaround you can manually reset the DSRM password to match the domain
admin password by using ntdsutil.  See 322672 How To Reset the Directory Services Restore
Mode Administrator Account

Thank you for your post.

Kenny Wood
CISSP, MCSE (+S, +M)
PSS Security
Microsoft Corporation
--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note:  For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.
--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?QnJ5Y2V1bQ==?=" <Bryceum@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: Who wants a shot at this error?
| Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:28:03 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
|
| Who wants a shot at this error?
| Nothing in google nothing at microsoft site...
| I get this error
| The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. Error returned
| is <id:997>. Event 1005
|
| I get this in the application event viewer..
| Not sure if this is exchange at all? Need to start somewhere.
|
| --
| Thanks

0
Kenwood (19)
5/1/2005 2:27:43 AM
Kenny,

Did the steps on the article and still get the error, any more ideas

-
DiRt DeVi

Printout Problem error 2501
Hello - I've created an application in access 2003, installed it on another computer that has the following configuration: Windows XP, Office 2007, Access runtime 2003, and I've removed the access 2007 from the office package. The following error happens when the user is trying to print a report. "The action Printout was canceled, Error 2501" A message of the error handling that I've created focuses the problem on the Function "PrintNormalTas" which has the following code lines: DoCmd.OpenReport sReportName, acViewPreview, , sFilterCriter ...

Error when add new user #4
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

Recovery Storage Group error when trying to add database #2
Can you please tell me where I would make the change to the DN as described below? Hi, The problem is that in the distinguished name of the database there is a single parenthesis without its match. Examples of this would include: cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG1,cn=First Storage Group,.... cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG2),cn=Second Storage Group (TestServer,cn=... If you add the closing parenthesis and force replication of the Active Directory the "Add Databases to Recover" dialog should work properly. The problem is the LDAP request that is sent to the Domain Controller to render ...

error bars when breaking the y-axis
Jon - I think this question is directed towards you. I have implemented a version of your broken y-axis scheme. My data looks like the following: sample average avedev negative control 0.36252361 0.029793573 sample 1 3.265795907 2.878954305 sample 2 0.149275395 0.035304333 sample 3 73.57998574 2.237144009 sample 4 0.346937718 0.02837823 sample 5 4.636386221 0.089703534 sample 6 709.7039626 16.33742397 sample 7 1.157628293 0.667009325 negative control ...

Excel Formula Error for No Good Reason
I don't know why, but this formula will not stop giving me an error in Excel 2003. =IF( $A8 <> "", B8 * E8, IF( ROW(H7) <> 1, IF( G8 = "Subtotal", SUM( H$2:H7 ), IF( LEFT(G8, 3) = "Tax", ROUND( $J$1 * H7, 2), IF( G8 = "Total", INDIRECT( ADDRESS( ROW(H8)-2, COLUMN(H8) ) ) + H7, IF( G8 = "Depr", SUM( INDIRECT( "G2:"&ADDRESS( ROW(H8) - 4, COLUMN(G7),4) ,TRUE) ), "" ) ...

Custom error code when XSD validation fails?
Hi, Is there any way to tell an XSD Schema that you want custom error codes for particular validation failures in an XML document? To show what I mean, here's an example: XSD excerpt: <xs:element name = "EmployeeID"> <xs:simpleType> <xs:restriction base = "xs:string" > <xs:length value = "3"/> <xs:pattern value = "[0-9]{3}"/> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> </xs:element> XML excerpt: <EmployeeID>1234</EmployeeID> When the XML fails to validate aga...

Error 0x800ccc13 Send&Receive
I use outlook to check the e-mail on the domain that I have purchased and have had for 3 or 4 years now. When I check my e-mail in Outlook there are 3 address that I check; two of them pick-up fine, however they aren't my main e-mail address. I've had this problem for the last couple weeks, but I've been busy and haven't had time to look into it. I have completely removed the problem e-mail and put it back in but with no luck. The only thing different with this e- mail is that it is also the administration account for my FTP setup and to check e-mail instead of ent...

'07 Large Operation Error (Delete / Insert Rows and/or Columns)
Help! I was so excited to have '07 until... I have a very simple worksheet in a work book - This very simple worksheet takes up 78 rows and 16 columns. Minimals formats / formulas etc. I would like to insert additional rows but I get the error message which says "Large Operation. The operation you are about to perform affects a large # of cells and may take a significant amount of time to complete. Are you sure you want to continue? Note: This operation will be performed in 60 seconds if no response is received". I have tried to select "OK" as well a...

Tender validation error.
When client enters any type of credit in store operations, they get the following error: Tender validation. Cannot perform printer validation. No slip printer is available. There is a receipt printer and it is working, any idea on how we fix this. I have found nothing in the RMS kb. Thanks ...

Receiving the following error when trying to send or reply to an email
OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:74680000. Registers: EAX=00ff3c28 CS=017f EIP=74680000 EFLGS=00010206 EBX=00ff34d4 SS=0187 ESP=0056e988 EBP=0056ebb4 ECX=00690056 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=326f EDX=000124b7 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: Tried everything I can think of including removing office 2000-sr1 completely and reinstalling. Nothing seems to make a difference. OS is Win98 2nd Edition patched to current. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick Anyone? ...

Spelling/grammar error notification in Word for Mac 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to set up Word so that a sound will indicate an error as you are typing? Word is already set up that way, it will already alert you with a "bong!" if you hit an illegal keystroke. But it cannot alert you if what you type is not true, or not what you wanted, because it cannot know what you wanted to say :-) And if it were to alert me for every spelling and grammar mistayke I made, it would never shut up! So it won't do that either :-) Cheers On 1/12/09 4:50 PM, in artic...

I want to print my own money !!!!
What do I need ? On 23 Jan 2005 00:06:36 -0800, pain_wheels@hotmail.com (Dan Simper) wrote: >What do I need ? A number of years to spend in jail. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

want to grab Day of week in a LIST
I have a frequency field and it is a drop down the choices are any combination of days for example Mon, Wed, Fri or Mon, Tues or Wed or Wed, Fri- you get what I mean- ANY combination. Each cleaning job that needs to be done the frequency gets selected from the dropdown. That table is fine. When I go to Completing the jobs. I would like to run a query that pulls up all jobs for example due today(Wed). When I put this Format(Now(),"ddd") in the criteria for Frequency ONLY the jobs due on WED ONLY show up - would like ALL jobs where Wed is anywhere in the frequency...

excel And snap shot files
I have been send a large document in snapshot format . how do i work on it in XL if I inport it it just showes as code . A snap shot is just that. It is a picture of the Document. Have the file sent as an attachement. >-----Original Message----- >I have been send a large document in snapshot format . >how do i work on it in XL if I inport it it just showes >as code . >. > ...

Custom Web Service: Soap error in WhoAmI() Method
Hello, Here is the issue: CRM 1.2 installed on Windows 2003 SP1 on the "CRM" domain. I have created a web service that automatically share a case within a team. The web service is called from a Post URL in a workflow rule at the creation of the case. The paramater passed to the Web Service is "incidentid" I have tested the web service locally, by calling the URL in Internet Explorer (logged with my CRMAdmin) and it works perfectly. Now if I try to test from the CRM app locally or remotely (still using my CRMAdmin) it does not work. From the Web service trace I can ...

Firewall Engine is not running error
Hi sbs 2003 premium with isa 200 sp2. I ran ISA best practices analyser and I get the below error; The Firewall Engine (fweng) is not running. None of the ISA Server services is running. When I run sc query fweng on command line I get; [SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060: When I run net start fweng I get; The service name is invalid. What is the problem and how can I resolve it? Thanks Regards Hi John: I gave one response in your next post. Adding to that, I wonder if this SBS is RTM, and if the SBS SP1, and subsequent patches and up...

Heap corruption error.
Hi all, I'm battling a heap corruption error. I know you're probably thinking it's either a buffer overrun or writing to a freed block. I've gone after enough of these to know that's what it usually is, and I know how to find and fix such errors. However this one appears to be different, and I'll explain why. First of all, I'm using MS Visual Studio 6.0. When the error manifests, the debug heap's linked list of allocated objects is corrupted. More specifically, following the block's pBlockHeaderNext pointers quickly takes me to heap memory that is not...

Office 2001 apps want to launch in X after PRAM reset...
Now all of the apps on a client machine (iBook 600 running 9.2) look for Office X or an OSX app to launch so therefore they will not launch. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? Office 2001 on OS9.2 Anthony <anthony.soroka@la.ddb.com> wrote: Hi Anthony, > Now all of the apps on a client machine (iBook 600 running 9.2) look > for Office X or an OSX app to launch so therefore they will not > launch. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? > > Office 2001 on OS9.2 I'm not so sure there is an easy solution. THe Fidner is designed to look for the newest ve...

E-mail error 0x800ccc79
Hello... The other day I tried sending an e-mail message with Outlook 2000 to TVO Ontario (a public TV station in Canada) but it wouldn't go, saying that the recipient was rejected by the server and the error given was 0x800ccc79. I could send this e-mail to that address using either Outlook Express 6.0 or Netscape 7.1. I could send other e-mails with Outlook 2000 to myself or other addresses. Today, I received that same error message when I tried to send a message to someone in a federal government office here in Ottawa. I did a Detect and Repair on Outlook 2000 and it seems to hav...

Error msg
I am trying to work from a db that is on a shared drive. When I open it from my desk, I get a message that says that it contains a missing or broken reference to the file "OWC10.DLL" version 1.1 It doensn't happen at any other computer. Now, my computer is running an older OS than the others. is that the problem? do I need to Download something? Thanks! :) On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:07:01 -0700, Angie <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Find this DLL on your computer, and compare it with one on a working computer. Most likely you would have to copy it over from th...

"Encountered an error..."
I'm new to the group, so if this subject has come up a hundred times I apologize. There can't be a more useless error message than "Money has encountered an error and must close. Try again later." I can't even save a transaction. This is a new problem...Money has worked just fine for the last 18 months. Bob Gardner In microsoft.public.money, Bob Gardner wrote: >I'm new to the group, so if this subject has come up a hundred times I >apologize. > >There can't be a more useless error message than "Money has encountered an >error and must...

Errors when opening .csv files
I have just finished upgrading to Office XP, and when I attempt to open a .csv file in Excel, I receive the following error message: "Microsoft Excel can't load the required converter. Microsoft Excel can't install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." After I OK this error message, the file opens normally. Still, it'd be nice to avoid the message. The message is identical whether I double-click the .csv file to open it or I attempt to open it from within Excel. I have re-ru...

MSXML5.0:Validate an XML Docxumenet (C++)-Fatal Error C1010
Hi all, I have a VC++ .NET 2003 - Windows XP Pro PC. I created a Win32 console application in my VC++ .NET 2003 and copied validateDOM.cpp, books.xml and books.xsd (see the attached files below) from Microfost MSDN Library for my project "validateXML". When I did "Build" on my project, I got the following fatal error C1010: c:\Documents and Settings\SHC\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\valoidateDOM\valoidateDOM.cpp(273): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive. Please help and tell me what went wrong in my "Bui...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 Unspecified Error
I have an installation of Microsoft CRM which was running fine until a problem with the domain controller running on an HP server, for some reasons the domain controller refused to boot properly until I found out that an HP service was causing the error, the HP service was disabled the the DC was fine, after that MSCrm refused to come up, the Security service refused to start and was coming up with an Unspecified Error. I checked the dependencies and nothing related to the HP service that was disabled. Any help would be appreciated ...

This is what I want to do...
I'm a leader on a camp for kids aged 12-15 and I want to create a sor of database for the tuck shop. I want a drop down menu to list all the campers and leaders. Then I'd want the account for that person to show up. There will be total of how much money they start with (we get their $10 or whateve at the start of the camp), and then as we type in the amount of th things they buy, that should be subtracted from their total. It need to be able to go into minus because a lot of leaders pay later. By the end of the camp I'd want to be able to easily flick through t see what peopl...