Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ? #2

Hi,

We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update
the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS
patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ?

By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ?

Rgrds,
Zul

0
mlist1 (60)

See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37488 and
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742. I would recomment upgrading
Exchange first.
--
Regards,

Roland

"Zul J" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update
> the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS
> patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ?
>
> By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ?
>
> Rgrds,
> Zul

The order truly doesn't matter.  As far as
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742, from what I recall, running the
SCW on an Exchange server still isn't recommended.

As for SP2, it should not be deployed on a production server.  It is as
current not supported by PSS.  I've also heard rumors that once installed,
it cannot be removed, so any problems would necessitate a server rebuild.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update
> the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS
> patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ?
>
> By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ?
>
> Rgrds,
> Zul

0
Ben
9/1/2005 1:04:33 PM
Thanks Roland and Ben..

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:uazO0WvrFHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> The order truly doesn't matter.  As far as
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742, from what I recall, running the
> SCW on an Exchange server still isn't recommended.
>
> As for SP2, it should not be deployed on a production server.  It is as
> current not supported by PSS.  I've also heard rumors that once installed,
> it cannot be removed, so any problems would necessitate a server rebuild.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update
>> the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS
>> patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ?
>>
>> By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ?
>>
>> Rgrds,
>> Zul

0
mlist1 (60)

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Change to lastname first in GAL
This seems like it should be simple, but I cannot find where to change the display format of the global address list. It formats with firstname lastname instead of lastname firstname... I must be missing something obvious...can someone please point me in the right direction... Thank you kindly. Try this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF023.html -- Mark Fugatt "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3b2c01c48f94$a3b38700$a301280a@phx.gbl... > This seems like it should be simple, but I cannot find > where to change the display for...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Reporting from Project Server

Windows XP x64 MFC application problem
I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this probem? >I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is >messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on >Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this >probem? The obvious response is - try debugging it on that platform and find where it's giving rise ...

More Columns #2

Linking files 2 ways

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003