What's the best way to find out if user is currently using mailbox ?

on Exch2000Sp3, I go to Systems Manager and I see
mydomain\certain user mailbox.

Last logoff time = blank.

As an example, I compare my logoff information:
my Outlook is currently opened but my logoff time = 10/07/04, 9:00AM

Are those info reliable indicators of current mailbox activity ? Please
advise.

0
marlon_brown (142)

If policy allows, examine the sent items folder.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> on Exch2000Sp3, I go to Systems Manager and I see
> mydomain\certain user mailbox.
>
> Last logoff time = blank.
>
> As an example, I compare my logoff information:
> my Outlook is currently opened but my logoff time = 10/07/04, 9:00AM
>

> Are those info reliable indicators of current mailbox activity ? Please
> advise.

0
nospam6185 (535)
10/8/2004 12:05:47 AM
use the system manager to see the currently using users.
"Michael A. Abbaticchio" <nospam@abbaticchio.com> wrote in message
> If policy allows, examine the sent items folder.
>
> --
>
> regards,
> Michael Abbaticchio
> MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server
> http://mvps.org/exchange
>

> "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> on Exch2000Sp3, I go to Systems Manager and I see
>> mydomain\certain user mailbox.
>>
>> Last logoff time = blank.
>>
>> As an example, I compare my logoff information:
>> my Outlook is currently opened but my logoff time = 10/07/04, 9:00AM
>>

>> Are those info reliable indicators of current mailbox activity ? Please
>> advise.

Works good if no thrid party products are accessing as well with a service
account.

--

http://exchange.mvps.org

"Manoj R Oommen (Muscat Oman)" <manoj_oommen@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> use the system manager to see the currently using users.
> "Michael A. Abbaticchio" <nospam@abbaticchio.com> wrote in message
>> If policy allows, examine the sent items folder.
>>
>> --
>>
>> regards,
>> Michael Abbaticchio
>> MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server
>> http://mvps.org/exchange
>>

>> "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> on Exch2000Sp3, I go to Systems Manager and I see
>>> mydomain\certain user mailbox.
>>>
>>> Last logoff time = blank.
>>>
>>> As an example, I compare my logoff information:
>>> my Outlook is currently opened but my logoff time = 10/07/04, 9:00AM
>>>

>>> Are those info reliable indicators of current mailbox activity ? Please
>>> advise.

0
nospam6185 (535)

find adress
Hi all, I have a matrix, say 19 rows and 16 columns. I know one of the elements is a certain number, say 400, or a certain string, say abcba. I need an Exel formula which results in the adress of that element, say $E$12. I noticed that =match(400, A1:P19) will not work because it seems to work only "per column". So =match(400, E1:E19) will result in $E$12 but =match(400, A1:P19) gives #N/A. 1) Why is this? 2) What is the formula I need? Jack Sons The Netherlands Perhaps someone will post a solution with built-in functions. In the meantime, if the functions in the freely downl...

Using ActiveX in a DHtmlDialog
I need to catch an event fired by an ActiveX control embed into a page. The code in the DHTML_EVENT_MAP() is: BEGIN_DHTML_EVENT_MAP(CModificaDatiCont) DHTML_EVENT_ONCLICK(_T("visColRettifica"), OnChShowrett) {DHTMLEVENTMAPENTRY_CONTROL,0x02,_T("F1Book"), reinterpret_cast<DHEVTFUNCCONTROL>(OnDblClick)) }, END_DHTML_EVENT_MAP() I need to perform this cast because the DHTML_EVENT_AXCONTROL() works only for functions without parameters; my callback func has two parameters: (declare in CModificaDatiCont.h) void OnDblClick(long nRow, long nCol); All works fine until I ...

Lock Out Users for Maintenance
Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is running. Mike, I guess the easiest way is to revoke users access to the company. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "MikeWal" wrote: > Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be > very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is runni...

How do I find responses to my posts?
Greetings, I posted a question. This was now a couple of weeks ago. As there are many posts each day, it makes it hard to find my original post, much less any responses to it. Is there a feature anywhere that allows me to see my posts and responses? Thanks, JustMe ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Ne...

Moving mailboxes between Exch. 5.5 and 2003
Hello When I try to move mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2003 I got following error. You do not have the rights required to complete the operation. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80070005-0000-00000000 I have assigned Permission Admin rights to about anything I can think of at the 5.5 side. Any help greatly appreciated TIA Rudy Steyaert Hi Rudy You might want to take a look at this article and see if it helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;264119 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

How to use an Excel 1997 files with line chart that have date & ti
I have many old Excel 1997 files with line graphs that show up the x axis date and time values. The old Excel 97 show about ever 10 or 20th date/time stamp in the x axis, but the new 2003 show only black spots at the bottom of the line graphs. How do I get Excel 2003 to produce a line graph to show time/scale data that has dates and times like the old Excel 97 did? ...

more than 1 user
I am sharing a pc and we want seperate address books how can we do this as so we can syncronise our seperat palm piolets? Thanks in advanced ;o) In news:A0644E48-E32D-47C9-9152-3E58202DBF69@microsoft.com, ilan2004 <ilan2004@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am sharing a pc and we want seperate address books how can we do > this as so we can syncronise our seperat palm piolets? > Thanks in advanced ;o) Either two separate Windows login accounts with their own Outlook profiles, or a single Windows login account with two separate Outlook profiles using different PST files,...

Microsoft Home & Student 2007....3 User Copy
I had Home & Student 2007 installed on a PC that suddenly stopped running; the Hard Drive failed. Rather than pay to fix it, I purchased a new PC. When I tried to Install Home & Student 2007 on my New PC...I got the message I had already had this software installed on 3 PC's. How can I install this software on my New PC? "denmarfl" <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C993CFB9-19FD-485C-AAEC-9BF3A3DB59A6@microsoft.com... > I had Home & Student 2007 installed on a PC that suddenly stopped running; > the Hard Drive ...

Can not sent mail using blat (to Exchange)
I am in the process of converting from SBS2003 to Server/Exchange 2003. In the past I have been using blat to e-mail results of a number scripts. However in the new setup I can not get blat to work. On compairing the Exchange configs on both servers I can not find any differences. The new setup can send/receive interanl/external mail just fine to I know the basic setup is correct. Below it the output of a couple of telnet tests. I did not expect the test using the external domain to work but the internal one should work as before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Signed, Losing...

System Job error in Advanced Find
Hi We are running MS CRM 4.0 Enterprise and we have upgraded to Hotfix Rollup 12 recently and we have noticed an issue in Advanced Find. From Advanced Find every time you choose "System Jobs" from the 'Look for' dropdown an error dialog is displayed with the message: "An error has occurred. Try this action again...." This is the standard error dlg_error.aspx. If you access System Jobs from the main area under the Settings pane this error does not appear. We have 4 separate CRM environments (each with Rollup 12) and this is happening in three of them. Any ...

Find differences between Excel worksheets / Version Control/ Excel Diff software
DiffEngineX is a utility that finds the differences between the formulae and constants contained in either two whole Excel workbooks or selected worksheets. It generates a cell-by-cell difference report in a new workbook and color highlights different cells in automatically made copies of your workbooks. As Excel spreadsheets get modified over time new rows and columns can be inserted between existing ones. DiffEngineX can align both similar rows and columns in the sheets being compared. It has many powerful features such as the ability to hide matching rows, group like changes to adjacent ce...

Attempting to display only certain records related to user criteria input
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 100 records. Each record contains columns of information with one of those columns being age. What would like to do is have the user fill in a cell at the top of the pag and then have only those records meeting that criteria be displayed. For example, "Show records where age exceeds ____". If the user input 34 in the blank, then only those records where the value in the ag column exceeds 34 would be displayed. If the user then changes thei input to 15, then only those records where the value in the age colum exceeds 15 would be displayed. At fi...

using variables to select rows
I see that this subject has been raised several times but the response so far do not seem to help me. (I might be a bit slow on the uptake) My problem is that in order to export a spread sheet to anothe application successfully, I need to delete all of the blank rows fro the end of the sheet. I have 200+ sheets with varying lengths so I nee to automate. I have a macro the works well providing I enter a constant in place o the variable "DeleteRowsFromRowNumber" as shown below. DeleteRowsFromRowNumber is declared as an integer Rows("DeleteRowsFromRowNumber:65500").Selec...

I need a macro to find cut and paste data to new cell #2
I have data that I have imported to excel which I need to reformat to be able to create a pivot table. The data is in journal form with the comment sitting in column D above the journal number. I need a macro to find cut and paste the comments from column D to column C. The comments are not all the same but do contain a common word such as "To" and as the journals are not all the same size the comment does not appear at regular intervals. Any help appreciated as I am new to VBA. ...

Using Money on a pocket PC
I am trying to install Money for the pocket pc on my new IPAQ which has the new Pocket PC 2003 Prem as the operating system. After sync - the IPAQ reads "Error - This version of Money for the Pocket PC can only be installed on devices running Pocket PC 2002." I am currently using Money 2003. Can anyone help me? A known problem, which MS hasn't fixed yet. There's a workaround that some folks have used: Follow these instructions and you should be able to install Money for the PPC (2003 version): 1. With the PPC in the cradle and ActiveSync running, start the install...

Default value of combo box based on another that uses DLookUp
Hi, I have a problem I'm trying to overcome regarding just one form which gets its data from 1 table. I'm trying to set the default value of a combo box to be the same as another combo box on the same form. The scenario is: I have a form for entering info about financial planning Statements Of Advice. Each client has a Plan Writer prepare their plan. To find the plan writer that last prepared the plan for a client I have a combo box with a DLookUp as its Control Source. =DLookUp("Plan_Writer","qryDefault_Planwriter","[Client]=Form![Client]") I'm usin...

problem using tab
When I hit the tab button the selection jumps several columns over instead of going to the next column. What's strange is that this seems to happen only on one computer in the network and not on the others. The document is shared so I think it is maybe the formatting for that computer's excel. Does anyone know what is going on? Hi Tools > Options > Transition, uncheck "transision navigation keys". HTH. Best wishes Harald (Not knowing what's going on, just how to get rid of it :-) "officebug" <officebug@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i me...

mailbox size limits #2
We currently do not have any size limits and have a few users with huge mailbox's. I want to know if I setup the mailbox sixe limit's does exchange have a ceiling on it.. I tried to set the limit for like 4 gig but it wouldn't let me.. Please let me know. Thanks Well via the GUI its 2 GB. But you can do this to go higher: http://www.petri.co.il/setting_mailbox_limits_over_2gb.htm "Stup88" <Stup88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29CEDB75-AB15-47D8-B42E-481207100A1A@microsoft.com... > We currently do not have any size limits and have a ...

How to get user SID?
Hello all: I want to get the user SID,and I use API LookupAccountName,but for two parameters PSID Sid and LPDWORD cbSid I don't know how to set,who could help me?or an example to me?Thanks. Take a look at the code example given here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms707085(VS.85).aspx Cheers Check Abdoul "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23QxKbVapKHA.1556@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I want to get the user SID,and I use API LookupAccountName,but for > two parameters PSID Sid and LPDWORD...

Who is using my app?
I have a split application for which I want to make a change to the shared tables. To do this, I need exclusive access to the app. I came in this Saturday morning at 5:00 am to ensure I would have exclusive access, but no, I was blocked from going into design mode. I presume that one or more users left the app running over the weekend. Is there any way I can find out who might have done this? Some kind of retribution is in order. I have Admin privileges and I know the Account id of all app users. Nobody except myself uses a password. You can determine the name of each computer with ...

Want to use left and center footer on same page
I am trying to put text in the ledt footer and page # in the center, but they are overlapping. Can this be fixed? "wjs-matt" <wjs-matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C82E73D-D9E4-4AA6-8FAA-B51A917352D1@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put text in the ledt footer and page # in the center, but >they > are overlapping. Can this be fixed? Yes. Select the left footer and reduce the font size. ...

Use Form button to move current record to another table
I have a database which consists of computer names and model numbers. As time goes on the computers get old and are no longer in use. I also have an identical table that I have been copying the old computers to. Once copied to the old computer database I delete the computer record from the current computer database. Is it possible to accomplish this task with one button? Say you had a button on each record called cmdArchive, and it's purpose is to move this record to an archive table, and delete that same entry from your current table. Each record should have a unique identifying ...

OUTLOOK 2000 Closes when using certificate
Morning all We are currentley testing digital certificates (the free one from comodo.com). I have a couple of users on outlook 2000 and when they recieve a digitally signed e-mail Outlook closes when you attempt to view the e-mail. Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Regards Steve Does anyone have any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >Morning all > >We are currentley testing digital certificates (the free >one from comodo.com). I have a couple of users on outlook >2000 and when they recieve a digitally signed e-mail >Outlook closes when you attempt to view th...

finding and replacing quotes
We have thousands of "smart" quote marks enclosing portions of text in cell enties in Excel. The quote marks are from the original Word document we brought the text in from. If we try to find and replace the quote marks, Excel only finds straight quotes, not the smart (66 and 99 style) quotes. The find and replace dialog box will not allow us to paste with a right-click, so we cannot get a smart quote in the find area, no matter what we do. All these smart quotes need to be changed to apostrophes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? This spreadsheet is now 20 columns ...

best outlook for exchange 5.5
we have exchange 5.5 with outlook 97 and 2000 clients. The 2000 users seem to freeze more than the 97 users. Has anyone else noticed this? Is outlook 2002 better? We're using OL2000 connecting to Exchange 5.5 mailbox. Never seen any lock-up. "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA28B7C1-7188-434C-AA7E-232047BFCBB6@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 5.5 with outlook 97 and 2000 clients. The 2000 users seem > to freeze more than the 97 users. Has anyone else noticed this? Is outlook > 2002 better? generally speaking, it's best...