What is the sendmail path in exchange 2003 on SBS 2003?

Hi there,
I am trying to use Formmail in a few of my pages on a web
host server.  I have already installed and tested the perl
that makes the script run, everything works fine.  I just
don't receive the script results in email.  I was told
that I need to know the sendmail path for my mail
program.  Can anyone help me on this?  Sorry, I am just
now learning the world of windows.

Thank you,
Timothy Moore

0
info1155 (1)

Most likely you need to connect to E2K3 via SMTP.  Use your Exchange
server's IP address.

--
Nick Cavalancia
MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI
"Timothy Moore" <info@auto-submission.net> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> I am trying to use Formmail in a few of my pages on a web
> host server.  I have already installed and tested the perl
> that makes the script run, everything works fine.  I just
> don't receive the script results in email.  I was told
> that I need to know the sendmail path for my mail
> program.  Can anyone help me on this?  Sorry, I am just
> now learning the world of windows.
>
> Thank you,
> Timothy Moore

0
nickc1 (118)
2/25/2004 5:02:59 AM
.....and make sure that relay is allowed for that IP address, or the entire
internal IP network, in Exchange.

Nick Cavalancia wrote:
> Most likely you need to connect to E2K3 via SMTP.  Use your Exchange
> server's IP address.
>
>> Hi there,
>> I am trying to use Formmail in a few of my pages on a web
>> host server.  I have already installed and tested the perl
>> that makes the script run, everything works fine.  I just
>> don't receive the script results in email.  I was told
>> that I need to know the sendmail path for my mail
>> program.  Can anyone help me on this?  Sorry, I am just
>> now learning the world of windows.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Timothy Moore

0
lanwench (7567)
2/25/2004 3:13:13 PM
"Timothy Moore" <info@auto-submission.net> wrote:

>I am trying to use Formmail in a few of my pages on a web
>host server.  I have already installed and tested the perl
>that makes the script run, everything works fine.  I just
>don't receive the script results in email.  I was told
>that I need to know the sendmail path for my mail
>program.  Can anyone help me on this?  Sorry, I am just
>now learning the world of windows.

it sounds like the perl script is using the 'sendmail' command to
actually send the message (that's your 'mail program'). that won't
work unless the script is running a *nix or *bsd machine.

if your script is running on one of those platforms then the smtp
server (sendmail, qmail, postfix, or whatever) should be handling the
mail delivery to exchange.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--
Nick Cavalancia
MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI
nickc@remove-comsphere.com
Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key"
Web: http://www.comsphere.com
Ph: 954.275.0114
Fax: 954.791.6763
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> ....and make sure that relay is allowed for that IP address, or the entire
> internal IP network, in Exchange.
>
> Nick Cavalancia wrote:
> > Most likely you need to connect to E2K3 via SMTP.  Use your Exchange
> > server's IP address.
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >> I am trying to use Formmail in a few of my pages on a web
> >> host server.  I have already installed and tested the perl
> >> that makes the script run, everything works fine.  I just
> >> don't receive the script results in email.  I was told
> >> that I need to know the sendmail path for my mail
> >> program.  Can anyone help me on this?  Sorry, I am just
> >> now learning the world of windows.
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Timothy Moore

0
nickc1 (118)
2/26/2004 2:42:57 PM
The only way they can send from a non-MAPI client internally is to use SMTP
relay, tho.

Nick Cavalancia wrote:
> I was gonna mention that but figured they were only sending
> internally.
>
>> ....and make sure that relay is allowed for that IP address, or the
>> entire internal IP network, in Exchange.
>>
>> Nick Cavalancia wrote:
>>> Most likely you need to connect to E2K3 via SMTP.  Use your Exchange
>>> server's IP address.

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2000 to 2003 #2
Are users are currently all running Outlook 2000, and are doing so through terminal services. They are working online. We're going to update everyone to Outlook 2003 (exchange 2003 also) and want them to all be set to work in cached mode so we can take advantage of the junk email filtering. Is there anyway I can change them all over to cached mode, instead of having to log onto each users profile, and manually making the change in outlook? Thanks ...

Money 2003 Scheduled Bills
Have setup some bills under "scheduled Bills" both current and past due. Under "Manage scheduled bills and deposits" the vendor is listed one time and past due bills are listed under vendor in red as # of occurences past due. I'm trying to get a displayed list (report) of all bills (accounts payable) for each month that have not been paid. This includes a multiple listing for a vendor if oustanding bills still unpaid. Have not been able to create a report that shows this information with totals past due. Is there a way to do this in Money? I have tried to ...

Outlook 2003 newreader is Outlook express?
?????????????????? "David Hancock" <davidh@adb.com.au> wrote in message news:%23aVIWzxDFHA.512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Sorry about that. The answer is Yes Peter "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uYOtiQyDFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > ?????????????????? > > > > "David Hancock" <davidh@adb.com.au> wrote in message > news:%23aVIWzxDFHA.512@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >> >> > > ...

W7
Moved from XP Pro to W7 Pro. Installed Office 2003 w/ Outlook. After installation I show 2 new files (Calendar & Tasks) in addition to my Personal Folders file and a second file for an IMAP e-mail account. They are on the top folder level. When I go to delete them I get an Object Not Found message. They don't appear in my profile or in the list of files for the profile. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office and now I have 4 files (2 Calendar, 2 Tasks). The good news is that other than the "phantom" file everything else is working normally. How do ...

SBS 2003 and Exchange restrictions.
Hi list, Is it possible with the SBS included version of Exchange to add a 2nd server with full product Exchange into the same organization / administrative group etc? Cheers Wayne. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Small-Business-Server-2003-Exchange-Standard-Part1.html Oliver Hiya Oliver, Thanks for the prompt response! Looks like its possible then by adding a 2nd server as long as its licensed out with its own software. My only other question following on from that article (and not strictly exchange) is that it states that the SBS server can be left in place as ...

Exchange low 2
How resolve is the problem in my Exchange server? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293650 Tankyou I would install Outlook 2003 so you can look at the Connection Status and see exactly what part of the connection is slow. You can do this if you hold CTRL and right click on the Outlook icon -> Connection Status. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms speci...

Problem with OWA & Exchange 2000 after moving stores
We are having problems with Outlook Web Access under Exchange Server 2000. The information stores (mailboxes & public folders) were moved from the C: drive to D: on the Windows 2000 server. Everything works correctly as far as user logins and direct Outlook 2003 access to mailboxes and public folders. However, when you use Outlook Web Access remotely, you can see all the contacts and message headers but you can't open an individual email to view the message body. The window pops up as expected but the browser never displays the message. It just sits there with an hourglass. ...

Outlook to Exchange 2003 intermittent mail disconnects
her is my config Remote site with a DC acting as a GC (no other roles defined) Remote site connected to headquarters via an ISP supplied ADSL link. ADSL link is using a third party VPN solution to connect back to headquarters AD sites and services from this site to headquartes uses IP as its transport (not RPC) Exchange 2003 native mode server reside at headquarters Problem Occasionly Outlook 2003 clients cannot connect to Exchange server. Sometime this only last several minutes. I have rebooted the VPN switch...still have a problem I have rebooted the VPN master switch ...still problema...

How to insert picture with relative path
Word 2007. When you insert picture with link to graphic file path is absolute by default. It is not convinient when you move doc and picture to other computer. How to edit path? P.S. Word 2003 made relative path. Hi Sevilho, To see how to implement relative paths in Word, check out the solution I've posted at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DCEEA1C-3426-4AF7-A4DE-5888DC9B9D66@microsoft.com... > Word 200...

save views in Outlook 2003
Hello everybody, I just wonder, whether it is possible to save a custom view I set in Outlook 2003. My problem is namely that I miss a certain view in Outlook, which I do not use always, but sometimes it comes handy. ("Current View > By sender" was available in Outlook 2000). Does anybody know, whether this option is there in 2003? Best regards, Sandor Teglasy Sorry for bothering you, I've found the solution in the meantime: View > Arrange By > Current View > Define Views Sandor Teglasy jun. "news.microsoft.com" <notpublic@notpublic.org> wrote...

Excel 2003 documents migration to 2007
Hello Excel Mania.... :) I have project to convert a lot of Excel 2003 documents to Excel 2007, including its macro and chart. After I surfed some website which mostly got explanation about changes between thoose version, I hardly find a complete explanation to deal with this problem, I mean the straight bold explanation to convert, not only to analyze the differences. Any advise ?, refference site or application ? Thanks -- Chaos organized believer Hi Eldi If you want to create 2007 files from your xls files and there are a lot of them you can use this http://www.labnol.org/softwa...

How does rules on exchange server works.
Hi I have following scenario, Mailes come to My Exchange Server inbox , I have set some rules on the exchange server which will copy the mail to some different folders if mail comes from a specific mail id. There is an application named Transform Response which polls after some interval and puts messages from my mailbox to the Database. I am just curious to know if there can ba a situation in which messages will be picked up by the Transform Response Server without being Applied the rules which I have set. (This will defeat the purpose of rules which I have set). Please Help me. TIA. Ruc...

Exmerge
I'm trying to get Exmerge to transfer users mail from Exchange 5-5 to Exchange 2003. (can I do this a user at a time also?) I installed the latest Exmerge program on the Exchange2003 server. It doesn't connect correctly when trying to connect to the 5.5 server since it uses LDAP? I don't have LDAP on 5.5 server. Anyway to do this without LDAP or if not how to enable on a 5.5 server? If i cant then I guess I will be copying everything via *.pst files by hand. Thanks Ed LDAP is installed by Default in Exchange 5.5. The Exchange 5.5 directory is an x500 directory so LDAP is r...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder replication not working
We have two Exchange 2003 servers in separate administrative groups but the same organisation. Server A has a public folder tree defined with various folders. Server B hasn't been used to store replicas until now. I'd created a new mail enabled public folder on Server A and added it to an appropriate distribution group so it would archive all mail sent to that address. It received emails from outside our organisation and from our users with a mailbox on server A but nothing from those with a mailbox on server B. As one of the diagnostic steps I added a replica of the ...

Exchange Server & DBMS
What kind of DMBS is used by Exchange Server Can Exchange Server operate under the ORACLE or Sybase Exchange Server 2000 & 2003 use the Extensible Storage Engine (ESE)and No you can't choose an alternative. Future versions of Exchange Server (Kodiak) will use Microsoft SQL Server's (Yukon's WfS)Information Store. ESE Info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;817282 What feature of Oracle or Sybase do you need that ESE doesn't provide? Oracle does have its' own email platform, although I don't know anyone who uses it: http://otn.ora...

URGENT! Is it possible to import pst calendar into Exchange 5.5
Hi, I have an exchange 5.5 mailbox that has a corrupted calendar. I have a backup of this calandar (before corruption) in the form of an Outlook 2000 pst file. My problem is, that Outlook import/export will only let me import the pst file as a personal folder which can't be shared with other Outlook/exchange users. How can I correct this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. you can import it into a personal file then move everything into the mailbox and remove the personal folder after. I have done this with messages not sure if it will work with a cal but worth a shot. &...

Exchange Server Unavailable
One of the 9 clients on our network (running Win95) is having problems with Outlook 2000 locating our Exchange Server 5.5 (Exchange is loaded onto our Domain controller which is running NT4.0). You must click the Retry button 2-3 times before it will finally connect (about 5 min.). I have tried the following: -Ensuring that DNS is configured correctly -Disabling Wins -Adding Exchange server IP address and host name to the hosts file -Changing the port that the cable is plugged into in the Network Switch -Switching the NIC -Switching out the cabeling with new cabling -Running "Pi...

Exchange 2003 Secondary Server Question
Dear all, I am hosting my own DNS and Exchange 2003 within my own premises but would like to know how to configure the server to allow it to retreive email from a secondary backup email server should my own goes down for an extended period of time (eg one or two days). The secondary backup email server that I am evaulating is only capable of ETRN transfer. I would appreciate if someone can help to explain how the ETRN works and how to configure exchange to allow this to happen. Thank you. Regards, Kueh. On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:41:31 +0800, "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my&...

How do i setup e.mail account in office 2003?
just bought ms office 2003 (home edit), it includes outlook 2003. For some reason the programme won't send or recieve. Can anyone give me step by step instructoin on how to set the damn thing up! Steve. did you create a profile with your account information? if so, did you press the send/receive button? if so, do you get any errors? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

Rename Exchange/Windows 2003 Custom Attribute for the entire organization?
Is there a way to rename the custom attributes (not the values) for all users in an organization? We have the need to make 1 or 2 changes to store information (values) in those fields. Thanks for any information, Dan As far as I know you cannot rename the custom attributes(ie extensionAttribute1) "Dan" <dan@aol.com> wrote in message news:uyV$EFLWEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to rename the custom attributes (not the values) for all > users in an organization? We have the need to make 1 or 2 changes to store > information (values) in those field...

Exchange Server 5.5 Admin access and contol over MS Outlook client's mail
An inquiry on Exchange Server 5.5 and MS Outlook client Hi All, Could my System and Exchange Admin with full control and access make some changes and amendments to an old Received and/or Sent emails at a user mail box folders?, save the changes or amendments at the Exchange Server 5.5 and at its original location in the users mailbox keeping the old original old dates of those emails as before the amendment is being done? is that possible at all? and could it be accomplished or not? is it possible to change an email source code to change the email text? is that possible and how ? ...

Ugrdng from SBS 2003 Premium SP1 to SBS 2003 Premium R2 affects CR
I have received from my Action Pack subscription, the SBS 2003 Premium R2 DVD and I want to upgrade my current production environment (SBS 2003 Premium SP1) to R2. Based on what I read about R2, I understand that I can upgrade SQL Server to 2005, but I do not know how it would affect my current CRM 3.0 installation. Can you please let me know if I can upgrade to SQL Svr 2005 and how to do that considering my CRM 3.0 installation? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 problem #18
Hello, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 that I've been trying to solve for a very long time. Whenever I click Send/Receive, Outlook gets the new messages I have on my pop3 server. However, it does not delete messages that I have deleted on another computer and that are no longer on the server. The pocket outlook on my pocket pc "does" remove messages that are no longer on the server from my inbox during send/receive. How can I get Outlook 2003 to behave the same way? E-mail that I have read and deleted on my laptop keeps appearing on my desktop and it's driving me cr...

News Alert Set-Up Failure in Money 2003 Deluxe
When I tried to set up the customized news alert, I received the following error: News alert is unable to download setup information. Error 1012. Could someone tell me what's wrong with this set-up. ...

Access 2003 database saved in 2002 format will not open in Access 2002
I have a database that worked fine in Access 2002 on both Win ME and XP systems. I installed Access 2003 on my XP system but also kept Access 2002 installed. I made changes to the database using Access 2003, saving it in Access 2002 format. The database will open on my Access 2002, and then I save it using Access 2002. However, when I try to open the same database in Access 2002 on a Win ME system, I get an "unrecognized format" error. I have Jet 4.0 (SP8) installed on the XP system. I installed Jet 4.0 (SP8) for ME on the ME systems but still get the same error. It ap...