WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF E-MAILS I CAN SEND AT A TIME

Hello
Can you please help me determine how many e-mails we can send at a time
using an exchange server 2003 standard (SBS standard). can all the
receipients be in one mailing list etc..

thank you in advance 
Kas

0
kas3arak (2)
7/28/2006 10:17:16 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
295 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 53

Can all Recipients be in one mailing list on SBS? Given the number of users 
SBS is limited to, I don't see why not.
-- 
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog
----------------------------------------------


"KAS" <kas3arak@aol.com> wrote in message 
news:1154125036.905617.230270@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hello
> Can you please help me determine how many e-mails we can send at a time
> using an exchange server 2003 standard (SBS standard). can all the
> receipients be in one mailing list etc..
>
> thank you in advance
> Kas
> 


0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
7/28/2006 10:20:59 PM
Bharat Suneja [MVP] wrote:
> Can all Recipients be in one mailing list on SBS? Given the number of users
> SBS is limited to, I don't see why not.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>
> "KAS" <kas3arak@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1154125036.905617.230270@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > Hello
> > Can you please help me determine how many e-mails we can send at a time
> > using an exchange server 2003 standard (SBS standard). can all the
> > receipients be in one mailing list etc..
> >
> > thank you in advance
> > Kas
> >

thanks
But i forgot to mention that I need to send one E-mail (no ttachments)
to about 5000 receipients at a time, is that possible ?
many thanks in advance

0
kas3arak (2)
7/29/2006 1:03:37 AM
SMTP virtual server properties | Messages tab | Limit number of recipients 
per message to:
Default is 64,000 - it should suffice your requirements - ideally you want 
to bring it down to more desirable levels. :)

On Global Settings | Message Delivery | properties | Defaults -> Recipient 
Limits -> Maximum Recipients is set by default to 5000.
-- 
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog
----------------------------------------------


"KAS" <kas3arak@aol.com> wrote in message 
news:1154135017.502084.94970@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>
> Bharat Suneja [MVP] wrote:
>> Can all Recipients be in one mailing list on SBS? Given the number of 
>> users
>> SBS is limited to, I don't see why not.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>> ----------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> "KAS" <kas3arak@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:1154125036.905617.230270@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> > Hello
>> > Can you please help me determine how many e-mails we can send at a time
>> > using an exchange server 2003 standard (SBS standard). can all the
>> > receipients be in one mailing list etc..
>> >
>> > thank you in advance
>> > Kas
>> >
>
> thanks
> But i forgot to mention that I need to send one E-mail (no ttachments)
> to about 5000 receipients at a time, is that possible ?
> many thanks in advance
> 


0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
7/29/2006 1:33:28 AM
are you getting ready to SPAM the world (-: , hopefully not
make sure you wont be listed in RBL so quickly

Best
oz


-- 
Oz Ozugurlu
System Engineer
MCSE 2003| M+| S+ 
MCDST | Security+

oz@MsExchange911.net
http://www.msexchange911.org/ (forums)
http://www.exchange911.org/cblog/index.php (Blog) 



"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> SMTP virtual server properties | Messages tab | Limit number of recipients 
> per message to:
> Default is 64,000 - it should suffice your requirements - ideally you want 
> to bring it down to more desirable levels. :)
> 
> On Global Settings | Message Delivery | properties | Defaults -> Recipient 
> Limits -> Maximum Recipients is set by default to 5000.
> -- 
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> ----------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> "KAS" <kas3arak@aol.com> wrote in message 
> news:1154135017.502084.94970@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > Bharat Suneja [MVP] wrote:
> >> Can all Recipients be in one mailing list on SBS? Given the number of 
> >> users
> >> SBS is limited to, I don't see why not.
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> NEW blog location:
> >> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >>
> >>
> >> "KAS" <kas3arak@aol.com> wrote in message
> >> news:1154125036.905617.230270@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> >> > Hello
> >> > Can you please help me determine how many e-mails we can send at a time
> >> > using an exchange server 2003 standard (SBS standard). can all the
> >> > receipients be in one mailing list etc..
> >> >
> >> > thank you in advance
> >> > Kas
> >> >
> >
> > thanks
> > But i forgot to mention that I need to send one E-mail (no ttachments)
> > to about 5000 receipients at a time, is that possible ?
> > many thanks in advance
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
7/29/2006 3:16:02 AM
"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:

>SMTP virtual server properties | Messages tab | Limit number of recipients 
>per message to:
>Default is 64,000 - it should suffice your requirements - ideally you want 
>to bring it down to more desirable levels. :)

Careful! The VS limitation defines how many RCPT TO commands will be
sent (or accepted) in a single transaction, not how many recipients
are allowed per mesage). Setting it to 100 is a good idea (that's the
"minimum maximum value in the RFCs). If you send to 5,000 recipients
in a single message, there will be 50 MAIL FROM commands, each
followed by 100 RCPT TO commands. If someone tries to send you 1000
RCPT TO commands following a MAIL FROM you'll accept just the 1st 100.
The sending server will then resend the message to the remaining
recipients, repeating the process until all 1000 have been sent.

>On Global Settings | Message Delivery | properties | Defaults -> Recipient 
>Limits -> Maximum Recipients is set by default to 5000.

This is where you want to make the change. :)

-- 
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com
0
richnews (7316)
7/29/2006 3:33:51 PM
I tough what was set  was enough , maybe not 
anyway

You can also set recipient limits on a per-user basis by using Active 
Directory Users and Computers

The per-user setting has precedence over the global setting and will 
override the global setting (interesting isnt it)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/52e5a429-b37b-4899-89bb-d0efd1fe042f.mspx?mfr=true 

Here is the KB, for the previous post
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3MsgSecGuide/026bf557-d39c-4e73-a516-387ea8fdd8de.mspx?mfr=true

Good luck to you with your goal

oz










-- 
Oz Ozugurlu
System Engineer
MCSE 2003| M+| S+ 
MCDST | Security+

oz@MsExchange911.net
http://www.msexchange911.org/ (forums)
http://www.exchange911.org/cblog/index.php (Blog) 



"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:
> 
> >SMTP virtual server properties | Messages tab | Limit number of recipients 
> >per message to:
> >Default is 64,000 - it should suffice your requirements - ideally you want 
> >to bring it down to more desirable levels. :)
> 
> Careful! The VS limitation defines how many RCPT TO commands will be
> sent (or accepted) in a single transaction, not how many recipients
> are allowed per mesage). Setting it to 100 is a good idea (that's the
> "minimum maximum value in the RFCs). If you send to 5,000 recipients
> in a single message, there will be 50 MAIL FROM commands, each
> followed by 100 RCPT TO commands. If someone tries to send you 1000
> RCPT TO commands following a MAIL FROM you'll accept just the 1st 100.
> The sending server will then resend the message to the remaining
> recipients, repeating the process until all 1000 have been sent.
> 
> >On Global Settings | Message Delivery | properties | Defaults -> Recipient 
> >Limits -> Maximum Recipients is set by default to 5000.
> 
> This is where you want to make the change. :)
> 
> -- 
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com
> 
0
7/29/2006 11:27:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 0x800ccc0d error when Norton e-mail protect enabled: see hosts
This post is made to help others solve this issue, based on my experience. Symptom: - Outlook works perfectly well when Norton Anti-Virus e-mail protection is disabled - Outlook cannot retrieve incoming messages when NAV e-mail protection is enabled, message being: pop3 server not found, error 0x800ccc0d This symptom, and possible solutions, are exactly the object of Symantec support note: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020716064206 Please read this note first ! The object of this post is to add another possible solution to this problem. NAV email protection sets up...

Net send
Hello, I have designed a userform in excel that allow's a user to send messages via Windows "net send" facility. I would like to expand on this concept and allow users who have access to the tool to be able to communicate via the userform - a homemade messenger so to speak. I'm guessing this is extremely difficult, if not impossible to do but thought it was worth investigating, is it possible for excel to capture a "net send" message received on the PC it's loaded on, and then display it in a userform? If it's possible how would I do it? Thanks ...

Stop My Documents from opening all the time?
Is there anyway to stop My Documents from opening everytimg I start a Windows Explorer session? I guess there's no future in trying to delete it, because so many products try to put stuff there. Right? Laurel wrote: > Is there anyway to stop My Documents from opening everytimg I start a > Windows Explorer session? > If you want Explorer to open somewhere else, simply modify the properties of the shortcut you're using to open it. All you need do is create/modify the target field of your Windows Explorer shortcut to point where you want it. Co...

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Maximum file sizes
Is there a recommended maximum file size for Excel 2000. PC spec 2Ghz P4 with 256 Mb Any advice appreciated Deus -------------- Does Not Exist Hi have a look at http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Deus DNE" <deus.dne@ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1561701c41d4f$358950f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a recommended maximum file size for Excel 2000. > > PC spec 2Ghz P4 with 256 Mb > > Any advice appreciated > > Deus > -------------- > Does Not Exist ...

Formula without using numbers after decimal in the answer
I have a formula that derives the answer from a figure with a decimal. I don't want to use the figures after the decimal. Is there a way to just use the whole number and omit the numbers after the decimal without having to manually key in all these numbers manually? Thanks, Mustang You can use the INT function. This 'rounds down' any number to th nearest integer, e.g. if A1=2.567, a formula in B2 of =INT(A1) return 2 HTH Bruc -- swatsp0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?
Its that time of year again, Audit time. The auditors have come across a very strange problem it seems that around October of last year random employees have had there OT pay rates increased to 1.51 (instead of the standard 1.50), I cant for the life of me figure out how this has come to be. Has anyone come across this problem before? And is there something I can do to fix or prevent this from reoccurring? It’s just not feasible to check each employee every week before payroll. Im certain that the employees were setup correctly initially. Thanks I have seen this and have not been ab...

Is anyone an expert with outlook that I can call on the phone?
How do I share calenders between outlook and my MSN Premier account? Assuming you are using the outlook connector, you need to set the msn account to be the default message store then outlook will use the msn calendar as the default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this...

Moving incoming mail automatically to specific folders.
I have three separate E-Mail Accounts (1,2, and 3) I have created three subfolders under Inbox (Mail1, Mail2, Mail3) How can I automatically get the mail sent to the correct Mail in location (Mail1,Mail2 or Mail3). I am sure the answer like everything is easy when you know how but I have just spent an hour trying! Thanks Ted On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 00:24:44 -0000, "EddyStone" <teds@screaming.net> wrote: >I have three separate E-Mail Accounts (1,2, and 3) >I have created three subfolders under Inbox (Mail1, Mail2, Mail3) >How can I automatically get the mail sent to ...

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Show date, time & day of week in one cell
Can I show the date, time and day of week in one cell. I have: 09/03/07 8:30 AM in one cell using the format (Format/Cells/Custom): [$-409]mm/dd/yy h:mm AM/PM;@ Excel refuses to accept ddd for Mon or dddd Monday at the end of the format I want it to read: 09/03/07 8:30 AM Monday in 1 cell. I have Excel 2003. One way: mm/dd/yy h:mm AM/PM dddd;@ In article <Xns99B8A3CAF9130pencilunlistedcom@208.49.82.220>, Burp <burp@beep.comINVALID> wrote: > Can I show the date, time and day of week in one cell. > > I have: > 09/03/07 8:30 AM > in one cell using the for...

setup Windows Mail as Word 2003 default emailer
All I can do is setup Outlook. I do not use Outlook. I would like to email Word docs using MS Windows Mail (new version of Express) In the Windows Start area, type Regedit into the search bar and then start the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Clients>Mail Right Click on the (Default) item and then on Modify and in the Value data: field enter Windows Mail so that after you click OK, you have (Default) REG_SZ WIndows Mail -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a pa...

Cannot open Outlook, keep getting Send error report of Microsoft.
We are having problems with Outlook 2003. Everytime we try to open, we get this: Send error report to Microsoft. Any ideas why? All windows and office update have been completed. ...

outlook 2007 e-mail
how do you stop e-mails from automatically downloading when you open outlook 2007. i would like to be able to open outlook 2007 and have it wait for me to select 'receive' before downloading e-mails to my system. i know there is a way to do it in outlook 2003 but i do not remember how to do it there and i cannot find how to do it in outlook 2007. -- emerson Uncheck the option to send/receive at a specific interval. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

OE autodelete OLD mail
How do I have Outlook Express automatically delete 90-Day old messages from the deleted items folder? Thanks, Matthew This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public...

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

HOWTO: Customizing CRM
Hello, We would like to customize our CRM Opportunity form. We want to include a OpportunityNumber field, which will be auto-generated when the new opportunity is created, similar to auto-numbers for Contracts, Cases, Articles, Quotes, etc. Is it possible and how do we go about it? I've looked at CRM Deployment Manager. It's possible to create a simple custom Attribute for particular object. But I couldn't figure out how to make it an auto-generated number, like SQLServer Identity... Could I just modify OpportunityBase table in MSCRM database? Do I need to change METABASE databas...

Can I share entities in migration process?
The entities in CRM have only one owning user. If I want=20 who a user see a entity of another user, the entity must=20 be shared with this user.=20 Well, I want migrate entities who must be shared with some=20 users. Exists a way to do it? Thank you for pay attention and sorry my bad english. []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo ...

number format with leading 0
Dose anyone know how to create a number format that would show a leading zero for the numbers 0-9. That is, so that 1 would show as 01. I can do with a text format but would like to retain the integrity of the number. Thanks Try this: Format>Cells>Number Category: Custom Type: 00 Click [OK] Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Darby" wrote: > Dose anyone know how to create a number format that would show a leading zero > for the numbers 0-9. That is, so that 1 would show as 01. I can do with a > text format but would like to retain the integrity...

Can't do adjustment in analytical accounting
I am trying to change an analytical assignmnet through the Edit Analysis. When I try and change it, I receive an error stating "The Code of this Transaction Dimension cannot be adjusted". Has anyone seen this before? I have done similar changes many times, but I don't know why I can't now. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks, KJ Hi KJ What version of Gp are you running? I haveseen this happen in 8 but one of the service packs fixed it. (I think it was SP 4 or 5) Fliehigh "KJ" wrote: > I am trying to change an analytical assignmnet through the Edit >...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP
Hello All, I am having a problem sending encrypted email messages using OLXP if they are NOT in HTML format. Everything seems to work fine with OL2000 and OL2003. Any ideas about what may be going on? GW Gee Weez <weez.gee@gmail.com> wrote: > I am having a problem sending encrypted email messages using OLXP if > they are NOT in HTML format. Everything seems to work fine with OL2000 > and OL2003. Any ideas about what may be going on? Do you tell your doctor you're "having problems" or do you describe your symptoms with as much precision as you can manage? -- ...

I cannot get Outlook to send/receive. Error says object not found
I just installed Outlook2007. I cannot get the send/receive to work. That is when the error says Object not found. If I go to accounts and properties, I run the two tests and they complete fine. What should I try next? Outlook 2007 is the only new program, all the rest are from Office 2003 IMK <IMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook2007. I cannot get the send/receive to work. > That is when the error says Object not found. If I go to accounts and > properties, I run the two tests and they complete fine. What should I > try next? Outlook 2007 is ...

mail queues for long on Exchange 2000 server time before being sent
I have a situation where all outgoing mail sits in a queues on the Exchange 2000 server (one per domain) for about 45 minutes before being sent. The queues in question have a status of ready. There are also other queues of that are retries (mostly NDRs from junk mail). We are only a small company and the amount of mail is not great. What might Exchange be waiting for before sending this mail? Is there something I can tweak to make it send mail sooner? Thanks for any help, Angus. Angus, Where does the mail go after it leaves your Exchange server, does it go to a smarthost/isp or d...

How can I change text to proper text in multiple cells.
I need to change names that are all in caps to proper case in 100 cells. If I click each one individually, it works, but I need to be able to perfomr this funcion automatically on all the cells. One other post said to be sure calc is set to automatic and mine is. Any instruction is most appreciated. Thank you. Insert a helper column to the right of the column with the names. Then use a formula like: =proper(a1) and drag down that column Then select that column edit|copy select the original range Edit|paste special|Values And then delete the helper column. bethye99 wrote: > > I...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...