What if somebody get ahold of my DL and send unwanted messages ?

I need to avoid that anybody outside of my company send messages to any of my internal DL's. How can I do that ?

CUrrently my ALLEMPLOYEES dl can accept messages only from selected users - OK. However, other smaller DL's do not have that configuration (everyone can send e-mails DL's).

So far I haven't seen a third party software able to accomplish that. I have Symantec Mail Security and I am buying MailEssentiasl 10.
Any ideas ?
Exch2000SP3.

Sunbelt Software's iHateSpam Server Edition will filter for DL's. Short of that you could restrict sending to a DL to authenticated users only (Exchange General tab) of the DL in AD Users and Computers.

-Josh

"Marlon Brown" wrote:

> I need to avoid that anybody outside of my company send messages to any of my internal DL's. How can I do that ?
>
> CUrrently my ALLEMPLOYEES dl can accept messages only from selected users - OK. However, other smaller DL's do not have that configuration (everyone can send e-mails DL's).
>
> So far I haven't seen a third party software able to accomplish that. I have Symantec Mail Security and I am buying MailEssentiasl 10.
> Any ideas ?
> Exch2000SP3.
0
JoshMuehe (33)
7/2/2004 9:49:01 PM
I think that makes sense.
If I go to my MyDepartment DL and allow only messages from "ALL-EMPLOYEES" I
guess that should take care of them problem and then I receive messages only
from people that is is member of my company all Employees DL.

"Josh Muehe" <JoshMuehe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sunbelt Software's iHateSpam Server Edition will filter for DL's. Short of
that you could restrict sending to a DL to authenticated users only
(Exchange General tab) of the DL in AD Users and Computers.

> -Josh
>

> "Marlon Brown" wrote:
>
> > I need to avoid that anybody outside of my company send messages to any
of my internal DL's. How can I do that ?

> > CUrrently my ALLEMPLOYEES dl can accept messages only from selected
users - OK. However, other smaller DL's do not have that configuration
(everyone can send e-mails DL's).

> > So far I haven't seen a third party software able to accomplish that. I
have Symantec Mail Security and I am buying MailEssentiasl 10.
> > Any ideas ?
> > Exch2000SP3.

Sending message as a delegate
Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of these people). jschwartz@pattonboggs.com wrote: > Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says > it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of > these people). A message can come from only one address/account, so, short answer is no. ...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

Get paid to post in forums..
myLot promises to pay as you talk on its discussion boards. You can post and reply to whatever topic that you like. to join: http://www.mylot.com/?ref=blogger1 The following is taken from their website: ****************************** How does this work? We have implemented a system to give everyone who uses the internet the ablity to make money. The idea is pretty simple - if you contribute to the myLot Community - whether it is by posting a new discussion, responding to a current discussion, commenting on a current discussion, or referring friends, you earn money. Our goal is t...

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

Send/Receive at Launch does not work
I cannot get send/receive to work when I launch Outlook 2003. I went to the knowledge base and found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 312336" and tried it but it didn't do anything. Any help on how to get this working? Thanks Anyone have an idea here? What automatic polling interval did you set? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Doc" <doc@teamexs.com> wrote in message news:37ec01c3b071$2d7aee50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot get send/receive to work when I launch Outlook > 2003. I went to the knowledge base and found "Microsoft > Knowledge ...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

Send and Receive All Error Message
When Sending and Receiving before going offline with Outlook XP,(exchange 2000) I get the following error... Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found. ...

Where can I get UNLIMITED Excel stock qoutes?
The Excel Add-in that allows you to retrieve stock qoutes is limited in taht it only allows you to get about 250 qoutes at a time. How can I get unlimited qoutes in a format compatible with excel? Z There's a program called Historical Stock Quotes which can create tab or comma delimited files that can be read into Excel. If you want something that updates automatically within Excel, you may have to buy an add-in. Have you searched the web? On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:18:23 -0800, ZouBCivil <ZouBCivil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The Excel Add-in that allows you to retriev...

getting IIS login credentials
In my webforms app, I am using Page.Users.Identity.Name to get the user name. Does anyone know what the MFC equivalent is? I am wanting to modify the MFC code of an older application to do some stuff that I am doing in a webapp. ...

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Send
Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close when done? What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the details box? -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math Joseph Meehan <sligojoeS_PAM_2@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I eliminate the progress box, or can I configure it to close > when done? Yes. On the progress box there should be a check box saying "Don't show this dialog box". Check it. > What is the function of the push pin in the bottom right of the > details box? It "tacks" t...

Cannot get CRM client for Outlook online
One of my customer's employees is having problems to get his CRM client for Outlook online (version 3.0). The error he is receiving says: "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.". In the event log we find the following warning message: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSCRMAddressBook Event Category: None Event ID: 6425 Date: 10/12/2006 Time: 1:53:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AVELTP0131 Description: The current user does not have permission to use the Microsoft CRM Address Book. Contact the system administr...

How to get rid of a "line" in Word
If I type a number of dashes in Word and press Return it automatically gets changed into a continuous line. How do I later remove such a line? Sometimes if I delete the text line above it then the line also goes but often I just can't get rid of it. I have to resort to creating a new document and then copy/paste the god bits over and then delete the old document. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) In news:lzqSlgmVscxLFAoG@dessergr0up.invalid, Les Desser <NewsDump1@dessergroup.com> typed: > If I type a number of dashes in Word and press ...

Where can I get a template that will calculate profloss after buy.
I need a template that will calculate all the possible variables in a share trade. The rate on buying, every day entry (7 days),Profit/loss on holding, prof/loss on sale etc. ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Send button not showing after updating to SP3
I have updated the office 2002's .msi file with SP3 for network distribution. After redeploying the updated file I few users do not have a send button when the try to send a message. I have tried to delete their accounts and set them up form scratch with no luck. My only work around was to install office from CD. I need to resolve this problem. The installation from the network is a great tool. Thanks DG ...

Send/receive #5
When I hit s/r in Outlook 2000, today it is giving me "Operation failed." I've done the troubleshooting detect and repair, checked settings, rebooted. I don't know what to do next. My account w/ Earthlink is current; I'm using dialup; I have Norton and had scan for incoming/outgoing which I've disabled and still not working. Any ideas? ...