What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?

Hi,

Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN
and separated by Firewalls.
What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote
Exchange server, using a local ESM?

TIA,
Shel

0
shel1 (9)

Shel:

I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection
(port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than
directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN.

Regards,
Martin

"Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN
> and separated by Firewalls.
> What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote
> Exchange server, using a local ESM?
>
> TIA,
> Shel

0
MartinHTN
7/26/2004 11:44:22 AM
Hi Martin,

Thanks. Due to some 'company policies', we're not to use any RDP or Terminal
Service or Remote Desktop, even in LAN network.

"MartinHTN" <m@ht.n> wrote in message
> Shel:
>
> I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection
> (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than
> directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN.
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>
> "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via
WAN
> > and separated by Firewalls.
> > What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote
> > Exchange server, using a local ESM?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Shel

0
shel1 (9)

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Integration Manager
I have set up an integration mapping into the Bank Transaction Entry for GP 8.0. Since there is no option to save a bank transaction entry, it posts automatically when I run the integration, but it does not print off the reports I usually get when I do a manual bank trans. entry (bank transaction posting journal & general posting journal). I was wondering if anybody knows how to get IM or GP to print the reports associated with the entry? Do I have to write a script? Thanks. I ran into the same issue. Boy I wish Bank Trx used batches that would solve this. We just did a repri...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...

Cannot Drag Open Desktop Screen
Hi: I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of screen. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem of not being able to drag a screen will be appreciated Thanks, ColTom2. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:43 -0400, "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi: > > I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open >screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of >screen. > > A...

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

problem opening up program/file

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...

Can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox after a exchange 2003 rebuild database
To Exchange 2003 Gurus I have a exchange server that serve a lot of users. 3 week ago I had to repair the database with great success. But now I noticed a problem that in the past I was able to acomplished I can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox.(right click on my mailbox>properties>advanced>Advanced tab> and when I click on add I get THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVE. THE ACTION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. This message appear eventhough I did not type anything Here is more info -I am able to open additional mailboxes if I use a computer with my profile that I created before I r...

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

Autoupdate.app behind proxy server.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hi All Is there any way to get the autoupdate.app to work behind a proxy server/autoconfig file? I have about 70 users that I have to email and rely them to install the patches rather than using the 'autoupdate' to do the job. I hoping some clever bugger has found a way of making the flippin thing work... Thanks in advance. Laurence. ...

Book2 on open; click on X's twice to close Excel 2007?
I had a very annoying quirk that suddenly appeared in my work copy of Excel 2007: whenever I opened Excel, I was presented with a blank workspace. I was accustomed to seeing Book1 and a blank spreadsheet. When I clicked on the New icon, I always started out with Book2! This was the first book I created, why should it be Book2? Also, everytime I tried to close my session of Excel, I would click on the upper right X and the file would close, but the application would not?! I had to click on the same X a second time to close out the whole application. In reading several posts in thi...