What are the benefits of a 2nd Exchange Server in single small domain? Any Redundancy?

Hi,

Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since user
directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value
(besides a hot swap standby)

For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach the
first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without
having to repoint their outlook clients?

This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000
users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable standby
server" question.

This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in terms of
helping out if the first one goes down or can't be reached?  Since
mailboxes are homed on one server, it seems users are out of luck
getting to their mail if their home server goes down - I am just not
seeing any benefit to 2nd Exchange server?

We have only 36 users, and a simple Windows 2000 Single Domain, with 2
domain controllers. Nothing fancy - not even using OWA.

Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
Exchnage?

Simply,

Gurn

if users are coming in through the internet they should be hitting a front
end server first ... reduces risk to your environment if protected properly

otherwise invest the $$ in a good backup solution and make sure it's well
documented and recovery is tested (and of course good antivirus and possibly
antispam.

"Gurn Blanston" <we_all_love_food@deepspacekitten.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since user
> directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value
> (besides a hot swap standby)
>
> For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach the
> first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without
> having to repoint their outlook clients?
>
> This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000
> users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable standby
> server" question.
>
> This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in terms of
> helping out if the first one goes down or can't be reached?  Since
> mailboxes are homed on one server, it seems users are out of luck
> getting to their mail if their home server goes down - I am just not
> seeing any benefit to 2nd Exchange server?
>
> We have only 36 users, and a simple Windows 2000 Single Domain, with 2
> domain controllers. Nothing fancy - not even using OWA.
>
> Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> Exchnage?
>
> Simply,
>
> Gurn

0
David
2/14/2004 1:44:49 AM
Hello,

> Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> Exchnage?

not in your situation with only 36 Users. In larger environment i would
think about an clustered Windows Server with an Exchangeserver (1 Cluster
with two Nodes, i mean two Exchange, one per Node), so that one can go down
accidently and the second clusternode is serving the clients.

Regards
Roger

"Gurn Blanston" <we_all_love_food@deepspacekitten.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:JWcXb.8346256$Of.1358554@news.easynews.com...
> Hi,
>
> Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since user
> directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value
> (besides a hot swap standby)
>
> For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach the
> first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without
> having to repoint their outlook clients?
>
> This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000
> users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable standby
> server" question.
>
> This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in terms of
> helping out if the first one goes down or can't be reached?  Since
> mailboxes are homed on one server, it seems users are out of luck
> getting to their mail if their home server goes down - I am just not
> seeing any benefit to 2nd Exchange server?
>
> We have only 36 users, and a simple Windows 2000 Single Domain, with 2
> domain controllers. Nothing fancy - not even using OWA.
>
> Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> Exchnage?
>
> Simply,
>
> Gurn

0
rw2464 (5)
2/14/2004 4:17:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We are using a front end: SMTP Gateway by
Symantec. We have plenty of backup.

I was just wondering if a 2nd Exchange server offered any kind of
redundancy at all, like, but not limited to: If srv1 went down, srv 2
could pick up the outbound, if not inbound traffic, and at least hold it
until srv1 came back up...

....or something - I don't know exactly what a 2nd server might offer...

Simply,

Gurn

In article <u$kGlwp8DHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
sengupta@*NO*ncf*SPAM*.ca says...
> if users are coming in through the internet they should be hitting a front
> end server first ... reduces risk to your environment if protected properly
>
> otherwise invest the $$ in a good backup solution and make sure it's well
> documented and recovery is tested (and of course good antivirus and possibly
> antispam.

> "Gurn Blanston" <we_all_love_food@deepspacekitten.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since user
> > directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value
> > (besides a hot swap standby)
> >
> > For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach the
> > first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without
> > having to repoint their outlook clients?
> >
> > This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000
> > users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable standby
> > server" question.
> >
> > This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in terms of
> > helping out if the first one goes down or can't be reached?  Since
> > mailboxes are homed on one server, it seems users are out of luck
> > getting to their mail if their home server goes down - I am just not
> > seeing any benefit to 2nd Exchange server?
> >
> > We have only 36 users, and a simple Windows 2000 Single Domain, with 2
> > domain controllers. Nothing fancy - not even using OWA.
> >
> > Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> > building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> > Exchnage?
> >
> > Simply,
> >
> > Gurn

Hi Roger,

Yeah... a clustered dual exchange server setup is redundant, but without
clustering....no point in having a second exchange server eh?

In article <OReoVYx8DHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, rw@starysky.net
says...
> Hello,
>
> > Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> > building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> > Exchnage?
>
> not in your situation with only 36 Users. In larger environment i would
> think about an clustered Windows Server with an Exchangeserver (1 Cluster
> with two Nodes, i mean two Exchange, one per Node), so that one can go down
> accidently and the second clusternode is serving the clients.
>
> Regards
> Roger
>

> "Gurn Blanston" <we_all_love_food@deepspacekitten.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:JWcXb.8346256$Of.1358554@news.easynews.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since user
> > directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value
> > (besides a hot swap standby)
> >
> > For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach the
> > first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without
> > having to repoint their outlook clients?
> >
> > This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000
> > users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable standby
> > server" question.
> >
> > This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in terms of
> > helping out if the first one goes down or can't be reached?  Since
> > mailboxes are homed on one server, it seems users are out of luck
> > getting to their mail if their home server goes down - I am just not
> > seeing any benefit to 2nd Exchange server?
> >
> > We have only 36 users, and a simple Windows 2000 Single Domain, with 2
> > domain controllers. Nothing fancy - not even using OWA.
> >
> > Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> > building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> > Exchnage?
> >
> > Simply,
> >
> > Gurn

Hello,

as i said, not in your situation. For additional servers, you need
additional server licenses, one per server. And with additional servers, you
have to backup (or better, *should*) these ones. I do not see a advantage
with 36 Users at all, and all in one location.

Newsbeitrag news:MPG.1a9b127e1933ddca989683@news.easynews.com...
> Hi Roger,
>
> Yeah... a clustered dual exchange server setup is redundant, but without
> clustering....no point in having a second exchange server eh?
>

> In article <OReoVYx8DHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, rw@starysky.net
> says...
> > Hello,
> >
> > > Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> > > building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> > > Exchnage?
> >
> > not in your situation with only 36 Users. In larger environment i would
> > think about an clustered Windows Server with an Exchangeserver (1
Cluster
> > with two Nodes, i mean two Exchange, one per Node), so that one can go
down
> > accidently and the second clusternode is serving the clients.
> >
> > Regards
> > Roger
> >

> > "Gurn Blanston" <we_all_love_food@deepspacekitten.com> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag news:JWcXb.8346256$Of.1358554@news.easynews.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since
user
> > > directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value
> > > (besides a hot swap standby)
> > >
> > > For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach
the
> > > first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without
> > > having to repoint their outlook clients?
> > >
> > > This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000
> > > users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable
standby
> > > server" question.
> > >
> > > This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in terms
of
> > > helping out if the first one goes down or can't be reached?  Since
> > > mailboxes are homed on one server, it seems users are out of luck
> > > getting to their mail if their home server goes down - I am just not
> > > seeing any benefit to 2nd Exchange server?
> > >
> > > We have only 36 users, and a simple Windows 2000 Single Domain, with 2
> > > domain controllers. Nothing fancy - not even using OWA.
> > >
> > > Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> > > building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> > > Exchnage?
> > >
> > > Simply,
> > >
> > > Gurn

0
rw2464 (5)
2/17/2004 11:08:08 AM
nope.

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. We are using a front end: SMTP Gateway by
> Symantec. We have plenty of backup.
>
> I was just wondering if a 2nd Exchange server offered any kind of
> redundancy at all, like, but not limited to: If srv1 went down, srv 2
> could pick up the outbound, if not inbound traffic, and at least hold it
> until srv1 came back up...
>
> ...or something - I don't know exactly what a 2nd server might offer...
>
> Simply,
>
> Gurn
>

> In article <u$kGlwp8DHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
> sengupta@*NO*ncf*SPAM*.ca says...
> > if users are coming in through the internet they should be hitting a
front
> > end server first ... reduces risk to your environment if protected
properly

> > otherwise invest the $$ in a good backup solution and make sure it's
well
> > documented and recovery is tested (and of course good antivirus and
possibly
> > antispam.

> > "Gurn Blanston" <we_all_love_food@deepspacekitten.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since
user
> > > directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value
> > > (besides a hot swap standby)
> > >
> > > For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach
the
> > > first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without
> > > having to repoint their outlook clients?
> > >
> > > This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000
> > > users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable
standby
> > > server" question.
> > >
> > > This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in terms
of
> > > helping out if the first one goes down or can't be reached?  Since
> > > mailboxes are homed on one server, it seems users are out of luck
> > > getting to their mail if their home server goes down - I am just not
> > > seeing any benefit to 2nd Exchange server?
> > >
> > > We have only 36 users, and a simple Windows 2000 Single Domain, with 2
> > > domain controllers. Nothing fancy - not even using OWA.
> > >
> > > Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> > > building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> > > Exchnage?
> > >
> > > Simply,
> > >
> > > Gurn

0
David
2/19/2004 5:14:38 AM
Gurn,

You could use a replication replication software such as NSI's Double-Take
to replicate serverA's data to serverB and then upon a disaster you can
recover in a shorter period of time.

Scott

"Gurn Blanston" <we_all_love_food@deepspacekitten.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does a 2nd exchange server offer any redundancy or benefits? Since user
> directory info is in AD, can a 2nd Exchange server be of any value
> (besides a hot swap standby)
>
> For instance: If the first goes down, or if the clients can't reach the
> first, can clients then use Srv-2 in 2nd building, preferably without
> having to repoint their outlook clients?
>
> This is not a load/mailbox numbers question - ie. If you have 1000
> users, put 500 on srv-1 and 500 on srv-2 -...or a "hot swappable standby
> server" question.
>
> This is strictly a: What can a 2nd Exchange server do for me in terms of
> helping out if the first one goes down or can't be reached?  Since
> mailboxes are homed on one server, it seems users are out of luck
> getting to their mail if their home server goes down - I am just not
> seeing any benefit to 2nd Exchange server?
>
> We have only 36 users, and a simple Windows 2000 Single Domain, with 2
> domain controllers. Nothing fancy - not even using OWA.
>
> Does anyone see a justification for installing a 2nd server in another
> building or at all?  I know web servers can be redundant...but not
> Exchnage?
>
> Simply,
>
> Gurn

0
sctoneyqm (2)

Move mailboxes from original Exchange 2003 server
I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do I still need to go through this - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. I am just moving resources one server to another and deleting / uninstalling the original Exchange 2003 server. Thx. Yes you need to follow that article if you intend to remove the first server. Nue "YONAS" <yonas@msn.com> wrote in message news:evQWaBQhGHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do >I still need to go through...

Exchange logon fails from broadband NOT modem
When connecting from a hotel broadband through a Microsoft PPTP VPN connection, Outlook 2002 fails to authenticate to Exchange 2000 server. MSM 5.0 to Exchange does same thing: prompt for username/password/domain but always rejects entry for muliple accounts. The PC is Windows 2000 with all current SP and patches. The same PC has no trouble access file servers, the VPN, and Outlook Web Access using the same username. The same PC worked well on the same hotel broadband before. The same PC connects with no issues from Outlook 2002 when connecting through a dialup Internet connection through...

delete single occurances in a string
i have headers in a5:g5 I have data in columns A6:G5000. based on the series of numbers in column b, i want to delete all single occurances of the number found. In other words, if it is not listed/found in column B at least twice, delete the entire row. I would add a new column C (just temporarily). Then in C6, I'd add this formula: =if(countif($b$6:$b$5000,b6)>1,"ok",na()) and drag down. This would result in an error on every row that had exactly one occurrence. Then I'd select that range convert to values (to remove the slow calculation) Edit|...

compressed drive for exchange db and logs
Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:35:51 -0700, "tony" <none@none.com> wrote: >Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? > Yes. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318116/en-us/ ...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

SQL Server Timeout Error when searching for KB-Articles
Hello Community, i got an "SQL Server Timeout expired" Error when searching for KB-Articles in either the Webclient or Outlook. Environment: Windows Server 2003 R2 SQL 2005 + SP2 CRM 3.0 inkl. Update Rollup 1 Hey Mark, just a thought, as I'm going through some things with NTEXT fields and having issues in cirtain cases. Is it possible that some of the knowlege base articles have "Copy/Pasted" text from another application into the KB article? I've noticed on a few occasions with the NTEXT fields of notes and history/activities that when people are copy...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

qry for dates in 1st 2nd 3rd and forth quarters of current year!
Hello i am looking to write a query which returns values for the current year only! DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i dont need! any ideas please!!! thanks in advance hi, smason wrote: > DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) > is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i > dont need! any ideas please!!! You need to filter for the current year, e.g. SELECT DatePart("q",[Start Date]) FROM [yourT...

Is this error exchange 2003 based?
HI, I have a ecommerce package that after I submit the form, it usually sends an email, I recenlty moved this site to a new server with Exchange and now when I try and submit, I get this. Exchange 2003 and the website are both on the same W2k3 server. error '8004020f' /ssl/SFLib/mail.asp, line 311 Thanks David Also, In IIS would the application Pool be ExchangeAppPool or the DefaultAppPool being that this program uses CDOSYS. Thanks much "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:#6m611lsEHA.1344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HI, I have a ecommerce package ...

CRM 1.2 unable to add users in OU but domain root OK.
Hello. I am having trouble adding users to CRM 1.2. If I try to add a CRM user from an OU in the domain with deployment manager or the web GUI it fails. If I add a user to CRM from the root of the domain the user is added fine to CRM. In our test environment I was able to add users to CRM that are in OU's in a test domain without any trouble. Any ideas? Thanks!! Mike ...

Exchange 2003 (SP2) Mailbox Manager Exclusion Question...
I am the admin for a Exchange Server 2003 (SP2) Enviroment and an running into a problem with the Mailbox Manager.. We currently purchased a 3rd party product to archive e-mail outside of the exchange server. Basically a user creates a folder called "Archive" under the root of their folder list in Outlook and then they can create whatever folder structure they like under the folder called "Archive". Any e-mail a user wants to keep over 120 days (the limit we have mail saved on the exchange server) they drag and drop into this archive folder and then the 3rd party pro...

Exchange 5.5
We've got an exchange 5.5 server in an NT4 domain, when i create a new distribution group in Exchange Administrator it appears in the recipients section but not in the global address list (i've checked its not set to be hidden) however if i creat a new user they do appear in the global address list Anyone got any ideas??? Regards Paul ...

2K3 server w/ Ex2K3 shuts down very slow
I have a new 2K3 server running Exchange 2K3 and no other software yet. When I shutdown the server with Exchange running it takes over 11 minutes. If I shut down the Exchange services before shutting down the server shuts down in 2 minutes. In the application log it shows errors with event id 8026 and 8250. The knowledge base articles on those errors arn't much help. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the same exact problem every time I restart. From what I have found on this issue, it appears it's one of those things that MS claims can be ignored. Whatever MS! Hopefully ...

How Migrate mail account from SendMail to Exchange 2003
Hi... a new infrastructure has been created,new domain in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I need to migrate the mail accounts that are in a Sendmail to Exchange Server Some idea or suggestion? If you are using Outlook with Sendmail, export the user mailbox to PST file. Once you have the users Exchange Mailbox created, import the PST file into the Exchange Mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "[TkT]" <TkT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E545A6-35E8-4F42-8FE0-E43469F21B0A@microsoft.com... > H...

deleting all rules from the server
Is it possible to delete all of a users message rules from the server? We had to restore a mailbox the other day and now the user's rules are in triplicate. We've tried to delete them from the client but when they sync to the server they come back. The user wouldn't be adverse to losing all of their rules at this point if that is necessary as every mail sync gives an error that the rules don't match - even after telling exchange which set of rules to keep. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:17:27 -0800, KatLongo <KatLongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible t...

Unable to remove Exchange 5.5 from exchange organization
Hoping someone can help me. I've scoured the web for help and seen this issue posted before but never a good answer. We had exchange 5.5 on server1. We installed Exchange 2003 on server2. Everything was migrated, everything was/is working fine on server2. I uninstalled Exchange5.5 from server1. I uninstalled ADC. I cannot remove Exchange 5.5 from System Manager 2003. From within System Mgr 2003 when I expand administrative groups->org->folders->public folders->system configuration. The "replication" of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION shows both servers. When I clic...

How do i leave a copy of a mail in a server
Hi, I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a server but i dont think so that the option exists in it . Please help in this Thanks Balaji.S http://www.serverintellect.com/support/email/outlook-leave-on-server.aspx Balaji wrote: >Hi, > >I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a >server >but i dont think so that the option exists in it . >Please help in this > >Thanks >Balaji.S -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-setup/201...

Real strange symptom.. Big Exchange bug of 2005?
Current setup: Exchange SBS 2003, Outlook 2003 Setup date: around Sept this year Hi all, i face a really really strange situation. I have some rules setup already to put dedicate user, e.g., Michael Jordan, to a folder "Jordan". Therules work well that put email from MJ to folder Jordan but today i found 3 emails from MJ sent few days before is not work. Instantly i trigger the rule manually "Run rule now" so that the email from MJ put back to folder "Jordan" although i m not sure why email does not follow the rule. BUT, the strange is, even i "Run rule now...

JET/ESE failure when backing up Exchange 2003 Online Stores
Hello, Operating System: Windows 2003 SBS Service Packs: Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 6.5 SP1, Sharepoint SP1, SBS SP1. Prelim: When performing an online backup, the job fails, logging the following information. ============================= NTBackup Log: ----------------------------- Backup started on 30/07/2005 at 8:41 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function...

outlook 2003 asks for domain logon credentials
I have 1 user only that is prompted for his domain user name and password when he goes to open outlook. It has the lastest SP for XP pro(IAW with MS instructions) The account was set for normal password authentication. and this is the ONLY user account that is having a problem. (both domain user and exchanges accounts have been deleted and recreated) Does anyone have any ideas???? "Ron" <Ronald.kapise@rheinmain.af.mil> wrote in message news:c7f601c438c3$e78a1160$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have any ideas???? This is definitely controlled by the profile on th...

Exchange 2007 and multiple domains
Need some help with Exchange 2007 and multiple domains... If you run Exchange 2007 and host multiple domains and having problems with OOF (http://www.pro-exchange.eu/modules.php?$1&name=News&file=article&sid=686) Is implementing a UC (SAN) Certificate in Exchange the only sollution? (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997633.aspx) ...

Software requirements on protected servers with DPM 2010
Is there the same requirement on the server I want to protect with DPM 2010 as with DPM 2007? (Regarding OS,SQL,Exchange versions and service pack level) hi Johnz Check if the link: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2007/07/16/dpm-and-production-server-pre-requisites-exhaustive.aspx helps? Regards, Venkat[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "johnez" <johnez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:400BDA13-0DCB-49A1-B166-53A0C2F47614@microsoft.com... > Is there the same requirement o...

OWA Access through Different Domain password
I have two domians lets call them DOMAIN1 and EXCHANGE All the user logon to their XP clients authenticating from DOMAIN1. Exchnage Server 03 SP2 is running on Windows 03 in a different domain EXCHANGE Both the domains have a trust relationship. The way this is setup is I have created similar users in both the Active Directories and given Full Mailbox Access to user DUMMY in DOMAIN1 on DUMMY in EXCHANGE. This way when the user login to their XP they don't have to authenticate again for Exchange, just like the way its suppose to be. Now I have this issues with this setup. In order t...

Color coding emails recieved by a single contact
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi <br><br>Can someone please help me here in the Outlook version one could organize the emails reciveived by color coding them, however there is no option in Entourage??? Help????? On 3/24/10 1:43 PM, simrat_Bindra@officeformac.com wrote: > Can someone please help me here in the Outlook version one could > organize the emails reciveived by color coding them, however there is no > option in Entourage??? Help????? Assign a category to the contact and give it ...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server #3
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...