Webfolder URL won't allow access

Hi everyone:

We have someone who's created a folder in their primary store (Exchange
2000) and wants to access it from the Internet using a Network Place.  Ports
are open on the firewall (80) so that's not the problem.

The workstation (at his home) is Windows XP... when he tries to create the
Network Place using the URL to the folder (eg:
http://exchange.domain.com/exchange/userid/folder), it asks 3 times for
authentication and then fails.

Advice?

Michael R

I just tested it and it worked fine on my box (using the URL in IE and
setting up a network place).  Keep in mind that the network place isn't an
OWA type view until you try to open the items.

If he goes into OWA normally can he see and click the folder?  Before he
clicks on the folder you can look at the URL at the bottom of the browser
and make sure it is the same that he is trying.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Michael Reinhart" <nospam.mreinhart@nospam.oag.ab.ca> wrote in message
> Hi everyone:
>
> We have someone who's created a folder in their primary store (Exchange
> 2000) and wants to access it from the Internet using a Network Place.
Ports
> are open on the firewall (80) so that's not the problem.
>
> The workstation (at his home) is Windows XP... when he tries to create the
> Network Place using the URL to the folder (eg:
> http://exchange.domain.com/exchange/userid/folder), it asks 3 times for
> authentication and then fails.
>
> Advice?
>
> Michael R

0
dtown (976)

exchange 2003 Pop3 access #2
I'm trying to publish smtp and pop3 through isa. neither of the server publishing rules smtp or pop3 work properly. I was able to work around the smtp portion by configuring smtp virtual server on isa then forwarding to the exchange server. so on to pop3 for this scenario: 10.0.0.2 = exchange server ip 10.0.0.1 = isa internal 10.1.0.1 = isa dmz 60.60.60.60 = public ip address of mail server (nat by firewall to dmz interface of isa) I used mail server publishing to publish pop3 from "external" to "10.0.0.2" Following the tuturial on isaserver.org still I am ...

Money 2003 only allows integer splits, what about 2004?
I recently ran into a problem in reclassifying Vanguard mutual fund Investor shares to Admiral class shares. There is no change in tax basis for this, thus I thought that using the stock split function would be perfect. Unfortunately in Money 2003 Deluxe it only allows integer splits (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 5, etc.) and the change in my mutual fund share status is not integral: for each Investor share one gets (say) 2.045767892 Admiral shares (which are priced 2.045767892 times higher, price obviously rounded to two places). Even using the total number of shares before and after, like 28...

Error while trying to access reports
Hi all, I have a user who is Admin and gets this error when she clicks on the report icon: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the r...

NNTP/web-based access (still) horked
[Posting via clunky web-based access at ~12:15 PM PST/20:15 UTC, 10 Jan-10] Right now, web-based access to this newsgroup is not showing any new posts since 12:45 AM PST/08:45 UTC, 09 Jan-10...though AFAIK most posts since then are showing up via NNTP. This has been going on since March 2009, guys. Pull your finger out of it & get it fixed, OK? PS: Happy New Year, Little StevieS! Time to earn that raise, bucko. -- ~PA Bear... Ahh, if only this sort of thing could happen permanently to techarena, eggheadcafe, vistaheads, etc... "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <PABea...

need to allow negative quantitys on purchase orders
because our vendors list returns and exchanges on invoice i need the abillity to enter negative quantitys when recieving manually. any ideas? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download?
How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download This is the Outlook newsgroup. Outlook Express is a different program. You don't download Outlook Express. It's part of Internet Explorer and your O/S. Look in the Start Menu in Programs. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C27B0DE-4C72-41D3-BC87-B4652F45E4F2@microsoft.com... | How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Frank <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Outlook Express probably came with your Wi...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Very Rusty Former Beginner/Intermediate Access Guy Needs a Little Help
I'm using Access 2002 to create a database for a small opera company that my wife is involved in, and I'm more than a bit rusty because I haven't created a new Access database since about 1999. So, I will probably have quite a few questions as I go through this, and hopefully this group will help me out. I will be creating this database for someone else to enter the data. I have a patron table with name, address, email, etc., and I want to add a form to enter donations from patrons into a donation table. All I need in this form is last name, first name, date, and amount....

matrix in access
Hi all, is there an option to build matrix in access? hi, thread wrote: > is there an option to build matrix in access? Yes, but you have no matrix operators. Each table can be threated as a matrix equivalent. In VBA you can use multi-dimensional arrays. btw, what do you like to do? mfG --> stefan <-- the metrix is going is follow: you have countries as vertical and i have names as horizontal,the issue is that i want to have an option to load it from excel to access as is but still to be able to use it in the relations between other tables any code samples? Stefan Hoffmann =...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

accessing clipart when not online
In office professional 2003 I can only seem to access clip art when connected to theinternet. Is it possible to get the clip art with out connecting? Kate wrote: > In office professional 2003 I can only seem to access clip > art when connected to theinternet. Is it possible to get > the clip art with out connecting? No. Not one of the wisest decisions, was it? Makes me glad I went broadband before getting Off 2003. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:c8rlqh$63b$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk... >...

How can I save Visio as Word to allow an edit in Word?
I have several flow diagrams that my national director wants saved in Word format so she can "play" with them. No matter the format I choose to save the files, no matter the times I save with a different file extension, the page always opens in Visio. Is there any way to save the files to allow editing in Word? I really don't want to have to do these all over again. And no, she has no intention of learning how to use Visio. Thanks! unfortunately her desire to edit them in word will go unfulfilled. al "Mollyb" <Mollyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Barcode reader and ms access
Hello every body.. I am want to know more about ms access and barcode reader . can you tell me where can i find the sample of using ms access and barcode reader Thank.. Barcode reader operate as keyboard. you can use it with any application. Tom "cambo" <cambodia_khm@everyday.com.kh> wrote in message news:eGG3GcZnHHA.4424@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello every body.. > I am want to know more about ms access and barcode reader . > can you tell me where can i find the sample of using > ms access and barcode reader > Thank.. > > > Dear cambo: Ther...

"Program trying to access e-mail addresses" msg
Hi. I recently installed SP3 on my computer, and now I get an odd message when I open emails. A box pops up that says, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." My virus scan turned up nothing, and the "detect & repair" function of Outlook did not change this. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks! Same here. After "yes" or "no" outlook stop responding. Curious to find an answer! Mel &...

Cannot access product key
I've got a problem in Outlook which I'm already reporting in the General section of the newsgroup. However, as we don't appear to be having much luck resolving it then I'm trying to contact Microsoft for online assistance. However, the support tool asks for the Product key from the Help, About screen. My problem is that I can't get into Outlook to get to the Help menu! The key they require isn't the one off the disk packaging, it's the converted number that Outlook uses once installed. Anyone got any suggestions? Well firstly if you cross posted, by ent...

Outlook Web Access Login
Is it possible to to have a consistent login to outlook web access independant of operating system? To login to outlook web access using Windows XP you have to do this. Username: domain\username Password: password To login to outlook web access using Windows 2000 you enter this Username: username Password: password Domain: domain I do not want to use basic authentication. I am currently using NT authentication for my server. I implemented SSL on my home server but my home server was too slow and I don't remember if you need to specify the domain when you login to SSL. It is real...

MS-Access 2007 Error: There is not enough memory to perform this operation..
(..couldn't locate an appropriate place for this post) A rather large database (200mb* and 12,000 objects) has been running fine as a 2003 mdb. Now, converting it to an accdb (importing all objects) routinely produces this error when compacting/repairing. It does not appear to be memory related, but perhaps some type of corruption or even something else. * links to SQL Server db for tables ...

How to not allow cashier to perform a void?
Hi, I've done a lot of security setting for cashier already, but I can't find a way to block a cashier from not performing a void on transactions. Does anyone know a way to block cashier from doing so? Thank you. Natt You can write a custom com component to prevent this from happening. It would actually be fairly simple. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I've done a lot of security setting for cashier already, but I can't find a >way to block a cashier from not performing a void on transactions. Does >anyone know a way to block cashier from do...

Exchange 2003 SP2 and Mobile Access
Hello -I need some help with this feature. I'm using a single Exchange server and I believe most of the configuration is correct. I'm trying to sync a Cingular Treo680 using Exchange ActiveSync to no avail. Q- do I need to use certificates for mobile connections? Our OWA does use a cert... Q- is there a better/new single server setup guide? Any help is much appreciated! On Mar 14, 11:06 am, cchcc <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello -I need some help with this feature. I'm using a single Exchange > server and I believe most of the configuration is ...

how to access hotmail
Hi, P'se advise how to HTTP based mail service (e.g. Hotmail). surfer On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:17:27 -1000, Surfer <ybcip@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > P'se advise how to HTTP based mail service (e.g. Hotmail). > > surfer You have to have the paid version of Hotmail otherwise it doesn't work. Or did you mean http://www.hotmail.com? :-) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations Coordinator Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm Yes I meant to read hotmail in outlook! I wonder why the outlook express c...

How To Prepare An Access Database For Shared Use?
Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to share this form? Do I have to first prepare the database in some manner to be shared? Are Access databases exclusive by default? "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4622d703$0$9953$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a > table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to > share this form? Do I have to fir...

Querying Access database
I have an Excel query that is based off of a union query in Access. I keep getting the error "Too few parameters", even though I can't find anything wrong with the query. The only problem seems to be that the data source is a union query instead of a select query. Any suggestions? Thanks. If you click on the SQL button in the MS Query window, you can view & edit the SQL statement directly. If you have a working query in access, open the database, go to the query you want, and the query editor will also have a SQL button. You can copy the SQL statement from Access ...