Webcast today: Simplify your Exchange Migration Planning

FYI I'll be delivering this webcast shortly ... will be heavily focused on
Exchange assessments especially from the perspective of planning an Exchange
5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration.

Still time to sign up ... webcast starts at 12 Eastern.
http://quest.com/requests/?RequestDefID=1942

Effective and comprehensive planning is paramount to any successful
migration. With the recent release of Microsoft Exchange 2003, many
companies are thinking about or planning a migration to Exchange 2003. Learn
how to simplify your exchange migration with helpful tips and tricks from
our in-house exchange experts, Dave Champine and David Sengupta. They will
provide an overview of the productivity gains, reduced risks and reduced
costs you can achieve by using Quest Software's Exchange Analysis and
Reporting tool - MessageStats 4.3 - to perform Environmental Assessments of
Microsoft Exchange environments.

0
David

Hello David

Will this be available for later viewing? If so, do you have a link?

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"David Sengupta [MVP]" <sengupta@*NO*ncf*SPAM*.ca> wrote in message
> FYI I'll be delivering this webcast shortly ... will be heavily focused on
> Exchange assessments especially from the perspective of planning an
Exchange
> 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration.
>
> Still time to sign up ... webcast starts at 12 Eastern.
> http://quest.com/requests/?RequestDefID=1942
>
> Effective and comprehensive planning is paramount to any successful
> migration. With the recent release of Microsoft Exchange 2003, many
> companies are thinking about or planning a migration to Exchange 2003.
Learn
> how to simplify your exchange migration with helpful tips and tricks from
> our in-house exchange experts, Dave Champine and David Sengupta. They will
> provide an overview of the productivity gains, reduced risks and reduced
> costs you can achieve by using Quest Software's Exchange Analysis and
> Reporting tool - MessageStats 4.3 - to perform Environmental Assessments
of
> Microsoft Exchange environments.

0
mbarta (202)
1/29/2004 6:01:00 PM
hi Michael,

Yes the webcast was recorded ... I'll post back with the link when I find
out.

D.

"Michael Barta [MSFT]" <mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello David
>
> Will this be available for later viewing? If so, do you have a link?
>
> --
> Michael Barta [MSFT]
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
rights.

> "David Sengupta [MVP]" <sengupta@*NO*ncf*SPAM*.ca> wrote in message
> > FYI I'll be delivering this webcast shortly ... will be heavily focused
on
> > Exchange assessments especially from the perspective of planning an
> Exchange
> > 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration.
> >
> > Still time to sign up ... webcast starts at 12 Eastern.
> > http://quest.com/requests/?RequestDefID=1942
> >
> > Effective and comprehensive planning is paramount to any successful
> > migration. With the recent release of Microsoft Exchange 2003, many
> > companies are thinking about or planning a migration to Exchange 2003.
> Learn
> > how to simplify your exchange migration with helpful tips and tricks
from
> > our in-house exchange experts, Dave Champine and David Sengupta. They
will
> > provide an overview of the productivity gains, reduced risks and reduced
> > costs you can achieve by using Quest Software's Exchange Analysis and
> > Reporting tool - MessageStats 4.3 - to perform Environmental Assessments
> of
> > Microsoft Exchange environments.

0
David
1/29/2004 6:17:52 PM
FYI here's the link to the archived webcast:

      Simplify Your Exchange Migration Planning
      http://www.quest.com/requests/?RequestDefID=1999
      Effective and comprehensive planning is paramount to any successful
migration. With the recent release of Microsoft Exchange 2003, many
companies are thinking about or planning a migration to Exchange 2003. Learn
how to simplify your exchange migration with helpful tips and tricks from
our in-house exchange experts, Dave Champine and David Sengupta. They will
provide an overview of the productivity gains, reduced risks and reduced
costs you can achieve by using Quest Software's Exchange Analysis and
Reporting tool - MessageStats 4.3 - to perform Environmental Assessments of
Microsoft Exchange environments.

D.

"Michael Barta [MSFT]" <mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello David
>
> Will this be available for later viewing? If so, do you have a link?
>
> --
> Michael Barta [MSFT]
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
rights.

> "David Sengupta [MVP]" <sengupta@*NO*ncf*SPAM*.ca> wrote in message
> > FYI I'll be delivering this webcast shortly ... will be heavily focused
on
> > Exchange assessments especially from the perspective of planning an
> Exchange
> > 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration.
> >
> > Still time to sign up ... webcast starts at 12 Eastern.
> > http://quest.com/requests/?RequestDefID=1942
> >
> > Effective and comprehensive planning is paramount to any successful
> > migration. With the recent release of Microsoft Exchange 2003, many
> > companies are thinking about or planning a migration to Exchange 2003.
> Learn
> > how to simplify your exchange migration with helpful tips and tricks
from
> > our in-house exchange experts, Dave Champine and David Sengupta. They
will
> > provide an overview of the productivity gains, reduced risks and reduced
> > costs you can achieve by using Quest Software's Exchange Analysis and
> > Reporting tool - MessageStats 4.3 - to perform Environmental Assessments
> of
> > Microsoft Exchange environments.

0
David
2/4/2004 4:00:17 PM
Did you ever post the link somewhere David?

--

> hi Michael,
>
> Yes the webcast was recorded ... I'll post back with the link when I find
> out.
>
> D.
>

> "Michael Barta [MSFT]" <mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello David
> >
> > Will this be available for later viewing? If so, do you have a link?
> >
> > --
> > Michael Barta [MSFT]
> > Microsoft Exchange Support
> >
> > Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> > newsgroup purposes only.
> rights.
> >
> > "David Sengupta [MVP]" <sengupta@*NO*ncf*SPAM*.ca> wrote in message
> > > FYI I'll be delivering this webcast shortly ... will be heavily
focused
> on
> > > Exchange assessments especially from the perspective of planning an
> > Exchange
> > > 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration.
> > >
> > > Still time to sign up ... webcast starts at 12 Eastern.
> > > http://quest.com/requests/?RequestDefID=1942
> > >
> > > Effective and comprehensive planning is paramount to any successful
> > > migration. With the recent release of Microsoft Exchange 2003, many
> > > companies are thinking about or planning a migration to Exchange 2003.
> > Learn
> > > how to simplify your exchange migration with helpful tips and tricks
> from
> > > our in-house exchange experts, Dave Champine and David Sengupta. They
> will
> > > provide an overview of the productivity gains, reduced risks and
reduced
> > > costs you can achieve by using Quest Software's Exchange Analysis and
> > > Reporting tool - MessageStats 4.3 - to perform Environmental
Assessments
> > of
> > > Microsoft Exchange environments.

0
mbarta (202)
2/6/2004 10:44:26 PM
reposting ... here it is.

D.

> Did you ever post the link somewhere David?
>
> --
> Michael Barta [MSFT]
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
rights.

> "David Sengupta [MVP]" <sengupta@*NO*ncf*SPAM*.ca> wrote in message
> > hi Michael,
> >
> > Yes the webcast was recorded ... I'll post back with the link when I
find
> > out.
> >
> > D.
> >

> > "Michael Barta [MSFT]" <mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello David
> > >
> > > Will this be available for later viewing? If so, do you have a link?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Michael Barta [MSFT]
> > > Microsoft Exchange Support
> > >
> > > Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> > > newsgroup purposes only.
> > rights.
> > >
> > > "David Sengupta [MVP]" <sengupta@*NO*ncf*SPAM*.ca> wrote in message
> focused
> > on
> > > Exchange

> > > Learn
> > from
They
> > will
> reduced
> Assessments
> > > of

0
David

Exchange in recovery mode
When my users long in through outlook to Exchange 2k3 we all get a box telling us Exchange is in recovery mode. I can click the connect button and everything works fine but how do i make this go away? Can anyone help? Thanks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:92cc01c4789c$2d924b10 $a601280a@phx.gbl: > When my users long in through outlook to Exchange 2k3 we > all get a box telling us Exchange is in recovery mode. I > can click the connect button and everything works fine but > how do i make this go away? Can anyone help? > > Thanks The me...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange #2
Hello All, Everytime I check my mail on my pop3 server I get the following error message, Receiving reported error (0x80042108) outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (pop3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message ... I have exchange server 2003 installed on this machine as well. ...

Exchange 2007 behind NAT/RPC over HTTP
Hi, I have an Exchange 2007 server behind a NAT router. I want to configure RPC over HTTP (Outlook anywhere) on it. HTTP/HTTPS is working on it as expected (the NAT router forwards ports 443 and 80 to Exchange's internal IP address). I have enabled Outlook Anywhere in the Exch. management console, specified external hostname and clicked the "Basic Auhtentication" checkbox (from what I understand that's required in order to make it work over SSL) - the SSL offloading is not enabled. I'm trying to configure Outlook 2003 to connect to it but I haven't been...

Unable to view remote Exchange Server from ESM
I have several Exchange servers worldwide and all are up and running without issue, however when I attempt to view our Exchange servers in one of our remote sites, I am unable to and I receive the following message: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Be sure the service is running and you have network connectivity to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange System Manager This is strange since I can ping the server. I am able to Remote into this server...

Outlook 2003 problem with Cached Exchange Server Mode
Outlook 2003/Conjunction with Exchange 2003 has something called Cached Exchange Mode. If user uncheck this box then the local copy of the mailbox will not be created. I have lots of Shared mailboxes in our call center and users do create Cached copy of these mailboxes by accident. I want to remove this behavior so users can not create Cached Exchange Mode. We use separate profile for every mailboxes. How can I remove this default out of the box behavior check box so users, when creating profiles does not have to uncheck or check the box and no cached Exchange Mode/local copy will be cr...

Migration from Outlook Express to Outlook
I have always used Outlook Express for all emails, but am now setting up my own business and want to migrate to Outlook and use the calendar and its other facilities. Does anyone know how I can migrate all my existing emails and addresses to Outlook. Also, when I migrate to Outlook I want to use the same email address - is this possible? Many thanks for your help! In OE export mail to OL In OL import OE address book and mail settings "Marijke Cazemier" <marijke.cazemier@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:008401c49043$3b0c58d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have always ...

Exchange tabs missing.
I have a mixed enviornment of exchange 5.5 and 2003. I have abot 30 users who have exchange tabs missing in ADCU. While other users I can see the tabs. Missing tabs are:- Email address | exchnage feature | Exchange advanced I am not sure what the problem is. Has anybody had any issues like this one. If so how can I get the exchnage tabs for these users. These users have mailboxes in exchange 5.5. Thanks, I also would like to add that. All these 30 users have mailboxes in Exchange 5.5. When I right click any of these users in ADCU and click exchange tasks it asks to create a new mail...

restoring exchange 2000 SBS stores to a differnt exchange box...
We are looking at dumping our SBS 2000 box and would like to set up a different win2K box with just the std version of exchange 2000 until such time as we can afford to upgrade to the newest version of exchange. I need to get this up and running asap.Can I setup my new win2k server, running the regular version of exchange 2000 and then once setup restore my sbs exchange 2000 information stores to this new box running the regular version of exchange 2000?? Are the information stores in the sbs 2000 version of exchange the same as the std version of exchange 2000 or will I run ...

Error in Data Migration Framework (DMF)
Help..... I am trying to upload 14,000 Account records using the Data Migration Framework, along with 6,000 Contact records. It was easier to use the DMF rather than the bulk import especially with the relationships between the records. I first trialled the DMF migration of these records on the May VPC image supplied by MS and it all worked fine. However now that it is being run in a pre-production environment on full sized servers I am having problems. Approximately half of the account records, and all the contact records have been uploaded successfully. Half of the account recor...

Exchange 2003 and High RPC Latency
We have 3 exchange 2003 mailbox servers. Exch1 and Exch2 hold the bulk of our mailboxes (about 3500). These servers are Exchange 2003Std/SP2 with Windows 2003 Enterp/SP2 with 4gb RAM. The logs and databases are on separate SAN LUNs. These servers also have BES agent and Enterprise Vault on them. I mention them because they interface with the mailboxes. We have historically been experiencing continual RPC latency when our users (using Outlook 2007/SP2) try to access mailbox resources like other user calendars. Any ideas where to look? I'm new to Exchg troubleshootin...

VB Script to update users desktop short-cuts when migrating
Hi, I've just migrated a customer from Small Business Server 2003 to Small Business Server 2008 on a new server. A lot of their users have saved a lot of short-cuts to files and folders in their 'My Documents' to the desktop. These short-cuts all have the OLD server name in the target e.g. \\LSCS01\Anna\MyDocuments\etc etc Does anyone have a script that I can add to logon that checks all shortcuts upon sign-on and updates shortcuts to point the new server ? Regards Michael Sorry I do not know of any. However this is where I try to teach people to use Dr...

How do I reissue a KMS certificate to a user in Exchange
Hi All, I need to know how to reissue a key management service (KMS) certificate to a user.How do we go about this please. Thanks . -- Buchi ...

List of SNMP MIBs for Exchange
Does anyone know if there is a list of SNMP MIBs available for Exchange 2003 anywhere? I'd like to get some basic statics via SNMP. On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:17:40 -0500, Irwin Fletcher <noffletchspam@nogmailspam.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a list of SNMP MIBs available for Exchange >2003 anywhere? I'd like to get some basic statics via SNMP. I think you should be looking at WMI instead. ...

Exchange 2003 and a DNS error.
Just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. Using 2000 AD and 2000 DNS. Everything seems to work but I am getting the following Netlogon message in the System Log. Deleted the MX record as noted in one of the KB articles but the error is still being logged. Any ideas? Registration of the DNS record '1e66922d-6db9-450b-92c9-7709b9d24cfe._msdcs.domain.com. 600 IN CNAME mailserver.domain.com.' failed with the following error: DNS RR set that ought to exist, does not exist. ds Can you reference the Event ID of the error as well as the KB article? If I had to guess, sounds like event ...

1:4 ratio GC proces to Exchange 2003 procs
I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange processors as outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875427/en-us. Do you include the passive excahnge nodes in the equation? No since it's not actively talking to the GC so it's not using resources. The ratio does not really account for anything else that may be utilizing resources on your GC such as SPAM apps, directory synchs, or anthing else you may have as well. James Chong randomuser wrote: > I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange > processors as outlined in http://support.micros...

Cleanup after migration to Exchange 2003 part 2
Hi I've finished migrating from an Exchange 5.5 org with 4 sites to an Exchange 2003 org that also has the 4 sites as AGs. I have also switched to native mode. Followed the instructions to the letter as specified in the deployment wizard tool and also the deployment guide. Are there any docs on how to collapse the old AGs into one and move all the servers into the one AG, or can this be done. There are also routing groups in all 4 AGs. Thanks RajiA Unfortuantely, you can not move servers between administrative groups - even in native mode. You can however move mailboxes, so you cou...

External users will use only smtp/pop3 connection to Exchange Serv
External users will use only smtp/pop3 connection to Exchange Server. I dont won't create AD users with mailboxes. Are there any other ways to resolve this problem? On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 22:44:01 -0800, "Slava" <Slava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >External users will use only smtp/pop3 connection to Exchange Server. Fine, that's perfectly OK. > >I dont won't create AD users with mailboxes. Oh yes you will. No AD account = No Mailbox. No Mailbox = No access to the server. > >Are there any other ways to resolve this problem? What problem? ...

Migrating from Novell 6.5 to 2003
Hi All!! Got a question for you. We have a groupwise 6.5 email environment and we are looking to possibly migrate to exchange 2003. Now, I have been told it can not be done because Groupwise 6 or higher is not supported. What I would like to know is, is it possible, and if not, what is the projected time for their to be a supportable migration.Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Sincerely, Michele ...

What does "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable" mean?
Cannot use Outlook 2003, I get an error message as above with 3 choices. Retry, Work Offline or cancel. If i select work Offline, I get another message that says "unable to open your default e-mail folders. Your profile is not configured. The choices are "okay." If I click okay, the program closes. I have uninstalled and installed again 3 time. Still does the same thing. How do I fix this? Have never used Outlook before - cannot open it. Juanita wrote: > Cannot use Outlook 2003, I get an error message as above with 3 > choices. Retry, Work Offline or cancel. If i se...

Converting to Exchange 2007 -Best Way to Preserve Existing Outlook Rules?
We have Outlook 2003 users who currently have POP3 accounts to a third-party e-mail provider. Some of our users have hundreds of rules in Outlook. We are about to go live with our Exchange 2007 system. What is the best way to preserve each user's rules when they are converted to an Exchange account? I know the rules can be exported but we found that when they are imported they default to client-side only rules. We want server rules to apply and client-side rules to be available. We found that it takes several clicks on each rule to get it to be a server-side rule. Is there an easier w...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Move Problem
We are currently running Exchange 2003 in a single domain/site on Windows 2000 platform servers. Although still in mixed mode, all of our mailboxes and public folders have been migrated to the E2K3 servers. In an attempt to isolate then fix a Blackberry problem, two months ago multiple users mailboxes were moved from E2K3 Server A to E2K3 Server B. Once the problem was resolved, our administrators began moving the mailboxes back to their original E2K3 Server/Storage Group/Mail Store. All of the moves were successful except for two. Each attempt to move these two mailboxes to their origina...

Migration 7.5 to 8
WE are having problems here with after we migrated to dynamics 8 with printing checks etc. We kept our old version of dynamics on a server and the older client on our users machines, so when we try to use our old system we get and error message stating "your are using an old version of dynamics.dic a newer version is currently running on the network" and it shuts down. Any tips on how to go back to our older version? Martin, You need to point the old (7.5) client on the user machine to the old (7.5) data on the server for this to work. If you did an in-place upgrade, the...

Need Help
Greetings, We have a requirement to migrate out Lotus Notes to Outlook 2003. Me and my team has never done such a migration. Can someone please help me in coming out an approach for this. Basically, I would like to know the things to be taken care before, mid and after deployment? How to deploy (i.e tools or something else)? A best practice for such migration, if possible. TIA ...

Money 2005 for Pocket PC -- No Today Screen items
I recently upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe and Money 2005 for Pocket PC. Besides not having any sound files installed on my desktop machine, I am not able to place any accounts on my Today screen (on my Pocket PC) like I used to before. I can select an account and click Edit Details and check the box for it to display on the Today screen, but it does not appear. When I look in the Settings for Today, there is no entry for Money. Any info? Thanks bryan - do yourself a huge favor and check out Cash Organizer (and it's syncing utility "moneysync"). it's an awesome, awe...

error when deleting mailbox in exchange 55
Hi, i am having problems when trying to delete a mailbox in my exch 55. i receive the error c1040af4. does anybody know how to solve it? ...