web access to exchange server for dial-up using from outside

hi.

i have exchnage mail installed in my network.  the users work only locally.
but there are some users who dial-up to their mailboxes in my exchange from
outside.  Now i want to create such connexion too.

what should i do?  show i buy external ip adress to rouse my local to it?

thank you
0
Kerberos (35)

If your remote users dial into ISP then yes, you need external
(preferably fixed) IP address.
If they dial into your office then you do not need external address for
them to access their mail.

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)

SQL Server Training at your door step
We at www.sqlServer-Training.com, are trying to educate people on Microsoft SQL Server. We are providing daily tutorials, news and articles via our Blog. In case you are interested in exploring this new Database Administration skill set, please subscribe to our newsletters at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=Sqlserver-training We are also offering SQL Server 2005, 2008 DBA training in online mode, where you can join us for web conferences. Certifactions Training ========================= MCITP - SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance MCITP - SQL Server 20...

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

printer server on domain controller on 2008 x
The server service was unable to map error code 1723.For some reason, the print servers on our one domain controller VSDCA keep going offline.. so i log into the server, i see under Print Management.. Print Servers.. that "VSDCA (local)" has a red arrow pointing down, implying it must be offline.. If i right click i dont have an option of bringing it back online, if i do a properties i get: Print Server Properties Server properties cannot be viewed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006bb). I took a look in the event log.. i dont see much pertaining t...

Configuring IPSec between FE and BE servers
Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can find some step by step instructions to set up IPSec communications between Exchange 2003 Front-End and Back-End servers (the back-end is running a 2 node A/P cluster)? Thanks, Curtis. -- Please reply to news group only. Thank you. On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:55:40 +0100, "Curtis Fray" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone tell me where I can find some step by step instructions to set up >IPSec communications between Exchange 2003 Front-End and Back-End servers >(the back-end is running a 2 node A/P cluster)? > >...

Concurrency with Access
Hi, I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via linked tables. I also have .NET forms application that also talks to the SQL DB. I want to know how to handle concurrency in the .NET app. I don't want to have to change the Access app though Is there a method that would work for both Access and .NET? Malcolm On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:52:19 +1000, "Rotsey" <malcolm_smith@RemoveThis.optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via >linked tables. > >I also have .NET forms application that also talks to...

SDI with multiple views using the wizard
Hi all, I would like to build a Doc/View SDI Visual C++6 project using multiple views as (CFrameWnd) for the same document. In some documentation is mentioned just MDI support multiple views. Could someone please explain the steps for doing that, using the wizard? Thank you, Chris ...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

Using friendly Avatars in Powerpoint simple import
I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link for your members. www.alteregos.com its a wizard driven software solution that produces video output in either AVI, SWF or Flash video, the content can be instantly imported directly into most compositions tools such as PowerPoint, Camtasia, Microsoft Video Editor etc, giving dramatic flexibility of use. It was initially designed as a generic avatar tool, but its major uptake is...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

Exchange Cluster Query
Hi All I currently have an exchange 2000 setup which recieves email from a filter system on the DMZ to a single exchange server which then forwards it on to the 2 node cluster. I want to eliminate this single server and wondered if i could send the mail from the dmz straight to the clustered IP address instead, if not what else could I do to get rid odf this server. Thanks Phill On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:41:01 -0800, "Phill Heath" <PhillHeath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All > >I currently have an exchange 2000 setup which recieves email from a filter ...

Net Work Days in Access?
Hello all, Is there a way in access to obtains the difference in work days between two dates, similar to DateDiff only excluding weekends (and holidays)? Excel has this as NetWorkDays. I have this column: EDays: DateDiff("d",[timein],[timeout]) Which works OK except that it includes weekends. Thank You, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? ...

Exchange 2000/2003 Public Folder item Permissions Problem
Hi all, I've been having an issue with Public Folder permissions for some time now. The folder contains contacts for all company employees (most of which aren't on the company network), and is maintained by HR. Brief history is: Had Exchange 2000 on Win Server 2000, and a previous administrator modified public folder permissions on the M drive in explorer (a no-no). This resulted in the ESM "Invalid window handle" error. Managed fix these by following KB 270905 (permissions nuke), and deleting and re-creating the public folder. The latter was a problem, as most users were ...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Exchange 2003 IMF Virus Vulnerability???
We have recently migrated from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003, and it has made a world of difference. OWA is amazingly user intuitive and IMF has been catching hundreds of spam messages a day. Plus, IMF has decreased false positives. However, we currectly have a virus problem or potential problem. IMF has been setup to archive all blocked messages. Our antivirus (Computer Associate's eTrust) has an Exchange agent which successfully filters virus messages and attachements. Yesterday, we started to receive messages that the scanner has found viruses in the archive directory. The probl...

User access via remote desktop
I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client, they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login error if trying to login via remote desktop. Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user, they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client. Any ideas why this would occur? Thx, Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Do you have any profiles that would be affecting where a user is using files? I've seen this issue where one user's profile was different than other users'. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Using workflow to "share" a record with a "team"
Hi everyone, We were working on a project where, for one example, when someone creates a lead depending on some conditions the lead needs a "share" added to it for a particular "team". Any ideas? I can only see a way to "assign" the lead to someone. Thanks, Todd ...

Cannot get email users email to go to isp email. It goes to exchange server instead.
We are using SBS2003 with EXCH2003. We have branch offices. If I put the branch office in SBS2003 as a user and send an email to the user (i.e. user@user.com) it ends up on the server and never gets sent to the branch office user. I'm using the pop3 connector to connect to our mail provider to send and receive mail. I was wondering if there's a way to bypass the server and have the email go directly to the user at our providers server. The reason why I put the branch office user on the server so that we can have the user in our Global Access List when do a mass email. Please advise. ...

IIS authentication configuration/web client login issues
I have a fresh install of CRM 1.2 Suite Professional w/ 5 MSDN partner licenses. - Win2K Active Directory domain users can authenticate to the CRM web client only when IIS is configured for basic authentication. Unfortunately, with basic authentication, I can not view users within User Manager (User Manager: The server localhost is not responding. ... you know the rest of the message) nor can I publish customizations (CRMsrvr: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server). - In order for me to view users within User Manager and publish customizations I must enabl...

Publishing the web page
I did see few articles about this, however when i say publish to the web it is trying to save on my computer itself, so what is wrong how do I change this? Thanks ...

prevent user access other mailboxes
Hello, I have inherited a small business network running exchange 5.5 with outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that even users with basic network rights (e.g domain user) can access other users' mailboxes by going: Tools -> Email Accounts -> View and Change existing email accounts -> Next -> Change (with Microsoft Exchange server highlighted) -> More Settings -> Advanced tab -> Add, where they can search and add other users' accounts. Is there a way I can prevent that for the regular users (e.g. basic domain user rights)? Thank you, DN DN, HAve a look at th...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

LDAP connection to Exchange 5.5
Hello, I am trying to establish an LDAP connection to my exchange server using LDP.EXE. I can connect to the server on 389, and when I then bind, I get the following: res = ldap_bind_s(ld, NULL, &NtAuthIdentity, 1158); // v.3 {NtAuthIdentity: User='$me'; Pwd= <unavailable>; domain = 'london'.} Authenticated as dn:'$me'. If I then go to Browse, choose search, leave the base DN as blank, set (objectclass=*) as the filter, and set the Scope to Subtree, I would expect to get a list of items returned. Instead, I get this: ***Searching... ldap_search_s(ld, &...