Web access for Exchange 2003

What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web?

thanks,

Raul Rego
rrego@njpies.org

0
rrego (52)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:39:53 -0500, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org>
wrote:

>What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web?
>
>thanks,
>
>Raul Rego
>rrego@njpies.org

Check that you can access the server from within the network by going
to http://server/exchange and then http://server.fqdn.com/exchange
If that works then simply opening TCP80 on the firewall and
implementing whatever NAT or port forwarding your specific network
requires will grant access to the box.

The big thing is the security. You ought to use a certificate on the
Exchange server so you can use HTTPS rather than HTTP.
See this:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SSL_Enabling_OWA_2003.html for
initial instructions. You can move to a public certificate if you need
later,

0
mark7219 (5666)

Upgrade Path
I know there is an upgrade available for 2003 Standard to 2007 Professional with a retail price around $600. Can you also "upgrade" 2003 Standard licenses to just a 2007 CAL, and does anyone know the ballpark cost? The majority of my "standard" users won't need the desktop app once we switch to Server. -- PMP MCTS MS Project 2007 Terrie: I am not aware of any upgrade path from 2003 client to 2007 web CAL. In any event, the web CAL price is rather reasonable to begin with, and if you have any kind of discount with Microsoft, these are rather inexpe...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Web Page could not be found
Whenever I startup Outlook, I get a popup that says "Web page could not be found. blah blah" . I have to select OK for it to continue to get my messages. Why is it doing this? What can I do to not cause it to do this? Thanks, Tony Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment: Exchange, POP3, etc. 3) Does you have a PST? If so, what is the size? 4) Are there any error messages/numbers? 5) Have you checked the application event viewer for any Outlook or Office-related errors? If there are, what are the Event ID number(s) & sourc...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

How to migrate Exchange from parent to child domain?
Scenario: W2003 Forest consisting of 2 child domains. Single Exchange 2003 server in root domain, containing mailboxes for accounts in all three domain. We want to add a second Exchange server in one of the child domains for the mailboxes for this child domain only. What's the best way to approach this? TIA. You'll be joining the same Exchange org and probably Admin group so the only question is will you need a different routing group? This will depend on whether or not the child and parent domains are at separate sites. Regardless of the routing group you should just be ab...

Wachovia charging for MS Money Access
Well, one of the reasons I switched to wachovia two years ago from Wells Fargo was the free access to my own money data using Microsoft Money. Now Wachovia is going to start charging $5.95 per month starting in April. They have my money, are using it to fund loans and yet they want to charge me to simply communicate data. (Yes, I pay bill with it but they don't charge their customers for on-line bill pay which does the same thing.) So, what other bnks are out there that still have free access to accounts using Microsoft Money? Thanks. Steve No fees at Chase... It's been a ...

Emailing from Access 01-14-08
Good Day Group, I have an access database on WindowsXP that creates an HTML attachment and addresses it from data from the database and sents it automatically to the mail agent (Outllook) to send it through. Using the same access database on Vista and Windows Mail , I get an error preventing this feature. Does the community have any recommendation on how to fix this problem for me? -- Oly Try the following code which should work for Outlook: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/OutlookEmail.txt If it doesn't, you problem is with permissions, not the code, and you'll need to dea...

many sort criteria for one group in access report
Within one group I have, let's say, a return that starts with "A" and "B and "C". if the value starts with "A" I want to sort by field [x] if it starts with "B" sort by field [y]... etc. ...

Scheduled Tasks Not Working after Server 2003 Upgrade
Last week, I upgraded our Exchange 2003 server to Windows Server 2003. After the upgrade, I started getting DCOM errors (Event ID 10021). According to an article I found, I modified the permissions in DCOM Config/IIS WAMREG admin service to give the Network Service permissions under Launch and Activation. I have a scheduled task to back up my Information Store daily. Since I made this change, the Task Scheduler is not running. I can manually back up the Information Store successfully. Are there other permissions I need to change? Thank you in advance for any help. Kate Townsend ...

Reports Not Accessible
Hello Everyone! We are currently having trouble accessing CRM reports. The report icon is missing from all related entities. What is wild is we can access the report server with no problems, and when I log into the CRM application server or the SQL sever and access the CRM application in IE explorer I receive the reports menu and can access all the reports just fine. Any thoughts or suggestions? r/ Anthony Akin Hi Did you find a solution to this problem, as we are experiencing the same problem of the report icon disappearing... it came back... now it has gone again. Thanks "awaki...

Moving e-mails in OL2002 and Exchange 5.5?
We have got an Exchange 5.5 server and I am trying to use the Outlook Rules Wizard to move e-mails from any address with @company.com in their e-mail address to a different folder under my Inbox. This doens't work. It works with outside addresses, but not internal ones. We have multiple domain's accross multiple locations, so would like to create one to move @company1.com to Company 1 folder, @company2.com to Company 2 folder ETC. Any idea how this can be done? ...

How access Irish Pension Board Spreadsheet PRSA charges? #2
My Email address is lvmcn1@hotmail.com I am looking for details of the charges commissions and durations of PRSA's so as to get my ssia money out of my current account where it is gaining no interest!!!! Having no clue as to where to find the spreadsheet, website or anything else, not much to offer. Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet? If so, what problems are you having getting the information from it? Is it only available for viewing at a website? A web query might get you the information you need. Not much for us to go on here. "Lum" wrote: > My Email ...

2000,2002,2003 font size?
As a member of PSPP, we receive Publisher files by email without always knowing the version in which they were created. If they are 2002 files and we open them in 2003, the font sizes change (usually larger). Is there anyway to have 2003 open files so that the font sizes open as originally created? Without having a printed copy of the original file, we have no way of knowing what has changed. Can anyone help? Hi OhMarty (mboggs@tampabay.rr.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || As a member of PSPP, we receive Publisher files by email without || always knowing the version in whic...

Forwarding or Alias, sending mail outside Exchange
Hello Everyone, I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003. We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for, but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that mail go to his hotmail.com account. Review: Mail sent to Tom@OurCompany.com is sent to Tom@Hotmail.com. Can I do this using Exchange? Do I need to set up a user in Active Directory and set up an exchange account for him and then a rule to forward all of this mail to Tom@Hotmail.com? I would prefer it if there is a way to forward all incoming messages addressed to tom@ourcompany...

Outlook 2003 calendar events into Excel 2003?
Hello, I would like an Excel sheet that grabs my calendar events (i.e. to have a list of my Outlook calendar events, such as people's Birthday's, in an Excel sheet and updates whenever you open up the Excel sheet. A lookup formula would be useful as I already have a list of the year's dates with my hours worked, sunrise and last's average temperatures for each day. Is this possible in some way? Kol Kolin, I have posted an example of how to navigate the Outlook Object Model to: http://www.Galimi.com/Examples/Outlook.xls http://HelpExcel.com "Kolin Tregaskes&...

Outlook 2003: Delegate Permissions suddenly GRAYED OUt
hope someone can help I am supporting a user who cannot access the delegate permissions anymore List under Tools/Options/Delegates are all grayed out this is not a new install She is operating on a Citrix Server, but I access her mailbox via a PC install of OUtlook and it is the same can anyone offer suggestions? I support 150 clients and this is an anomaly In news:436bbf2c$1_3@newspeer2.tds.net, MStuartev <mstuartev@tds.net> typed: > hope someone can help > I am supporting a user who cannot access the delegate permissions > anymore List under Tools/Options/Delegates are al...

Rename Exchange Database file
Could anybody show me the safe way to rename exchange database file: priv1.edb to priv2.edb ? Thank you. I want to rename it because I was reading an article that says that I can have problem restoring exchange if the two databases .edb and .stm have the same name, backed up and restored at the same time. Thank you I would not bother about renaming them, and I cannot understand why you would have problems. -- Mark Fugatt "Thuan Pham" <thuanp@advancedcableties.com> wrote in message news:17a501c48c68$ed6f5380$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could anybody show me the safe way t...

Zetafax exchange connector
Hi, We are using the ZF connector v9.0.208.0. Could you tell me how we move the archive/in/out queue folders please? I notice that you can point the connector to another directory in: Connector properties > connector > connector tab Change inbound/outbound queue directories But this only has inbound/outbound queue, nothing for the archive queue, could someone explain how to do this please? Thanks Matthew I have no idea but have you tried looking at the ad attributes of the connector with adsiedit? or in the local registry? /Simon "Matthew M (UK)" <mattee76@newsgr...

Entourage 2008 to Exchange 2003 calendar synch issue -- can it be automated?

Are others having problems accessing this newsgroup?
Hi, For a couple days now, when I receive a notice in my Hotmail mail about a reply to a post I made here, I click on the "Read and rate the response" link and I get: "Sorry, the page you requested is not available. The page you were looking for is currently not available. The address may not be correct, or there may be a temporary problem with this site. Please try one of the following options: Check the address for typing errors. Click the Back button and try a different option from the navigation menu. Try this page again later. For additional assistance, try one of the...

adding news account to outlook 2003
Is it possible with outlook 2003 to add news account like with outlook express? Thanks "arnololo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d00c01c3ef5b$d4caaaa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible with outlook 2003 to add news account like > with outlook express? > > Thanks Not exactly - all versions of Outlook actually use Outlook Express for news. So that means that I need to have outlookexpress runing for my news account?? I can not check my news accout with outlook 2003? It is not very logical to have outlookexpress runing for the new...

Cannot Delete a Calendar in Exchange 2003 / Outlook
Hello. I have a mailbox user that has several calendars set up. For example they have a 2001 Calendar, 2002, 2003. I need to delete these calendars. I was able to delete 3 of the 4 calendars, but the system will not let me delete one of them. I set myself up as the owner of the mailbox, and I am an exchange and Domain admin. If I right-click on the calendars, the option is there to delete, all except for one of the calendars. Any thoughts? Thanks, Alan ...

Cannot Connect to Exchange 2003
I have just completed an Exchange2003 installation and everything went fine. I am able to connect to Exhange with the Outlook Web Access client and with Outlook Express. However when I try to add an Outlook 2003 clent i get the following error "The name could not be resolved. The Bookmark is Invalid" I have check AD and DNS and everything is worjing correctly. Please Help Thanks Rick Alain, Thanks for the help but I cannot seem to find the post you are refering to. I have search all newsgroupps with no results. Please Advise Thanks Again, Rick >-----Original Mess...

Daemon Tries to access internet when opening OE
When I try to open Outlook Express to check e-mail, my Zonealarm firewall tells me that "Daemon is trying to access the internet." Since I read somewhere this is not a legitimate program, I denied it. What is this program? Zone Alarm Labs identified for me the follwing location in Windows: C:/WINNT/System32/SK9910DME.EXE The software maker for this little piece of magic is "Silitek", not Microsoft, so it definately should not be running with Outlook I think. ...

Strange Exchange 5.5 add-on... help
I have been tasked with finding out and removing / archiving an add-on that someone in the past had installed into our 5.5 setup (soon to be 2003 once we remove this add-on) years back. Basically, it's a project management tool that is stored in Public Folders where we are presented with different project orientated options. I cannot find anything about this tool. Does anyone have any idea on it? -- James Ogden, MCP | A+ On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:36:01 -0800, "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been tasked with finding out and removing / archivi...