We are using eSafe

We have an eSafe appliance by Aladin filtering spam and viruses in and out.
It is doing a good job for my 4000 users.  Convince the boss not to
quarenteen messages.  Their support was lacking when we first got the box
but after a long conversation with a VP I think they have made great strides
fixing that problem.

Fred

0
ftschirgi (28)

Make the current cost field editable when using Item Copy.
When the Item Copy function in Item Maintenance is used to copy an item that uses an Average Perpetual valuation method, the current cost is taken from the source item and the current cost field is them locked down. This forces users to use the Change Average Cost utlity to alter the current cost for new items. If a new item is manually entered, and it uses an Average Perpetual valuation method, the current cost field is editable until the record is saved. When creating a new Average Perpetual item using Item Copy the current cost field should be editable until the record is saved. -...

Using Autocorrect to remove spaces
Hi, I am looking at how to remove extra spaces, and have been thinking about using Autocorrect. I have been reading another thread which suggested; For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = WorksheetFunction.Trim(cell.Text) Next What I have been using is; With Application.AutoCorrect .AddReplacement "Want", "Replace" End With Works well within a loop changing any "Replace" text with "Want". Something I didn't get Substitute to do correctly within a loop. What I can't get AutoCorrect to do though is work with spaces, so...

Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other programs and then click, Retry, or Click to Cancel sidebar.
when im logon to my pc(OS is windows vista business 64- bit) im getting "Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other programs and then click, Retry, or Click to Cancel sidebar." and im not able to open any application and i cannt install or unnstall any program and im nt getting sidebar.so please get me some thing about this.how do i get rid of this. with regards, phanileo -- phanileo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ phanileo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/158592.htm View this thread: htt...

Can logical function (IF) use non-numberic text?
Hi, I was wondering it is a must to use numbers for IF function? The purpose is to set up a confirmation sheet for verification purpose, in the following way: (1) Confirmation cell (e.g. C1): Y/N whereas Y = Yes and N = No (2) If the C1 = Y, D1 = Unit Price x QTY But it seems that I have to use numeric values, such as 1 or 0 for C1 and cannot use Y/N which is more like "human language". Or any other approach? Many thanks You need to put the text in quotations, i.e. =IF(C1="Y",Unit price x Qty,"") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please...

Serial Ports, Yes some people still use them.
How can I terminate a call to WaitCommEvent. Or is there something like PollCommEvent which returns without waiting for an event. Regards Nigel Nigel in the aerospace buisness wrote: > How can I terminate a call to WaitCommEvent. Or is there something like > PollCommEvent which returns without waiting for an event. > > Regards > > Nigel If the COM port was opened with FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED then WaitCommEvent (and other COM functs like ReadFile and WriteFile) always return quickly. See the MTTTY sample code in the MSDN SDK samples, and the related serial communicati...

Outlook 2003 using Journal
Can you add an appointment from the Calendar to the Journal, and if so how. Thank You all in Advance ...

Using CRM 08-02-07
Hello everybody We just completed a successful deployment of CRM to use here in our office so we can learn to use it and provide support for it to our clients in a nearby future (hopefully). So my question is, what is the next step after the installation? are there tutorials to learn how to use CRM? Thanks, S.R. Youe can hire a VAR to come in and train you. You can search amazon for books. All my users have a PDF of CRM 3 for dummies ontheir laptops. You can have an employee become the admin and send him/her to classes to become the expert. $2-6000 for serious training. You can also purch...

acl on OU account cant use OWA
I have an OU that does not give access to authenticated users except for accounts i specify. this is done to hide users for an online directory or searches by users on the domain in other words teh accounts are hidden fom everything except administrators and exchange and i want it that way. this worked or three years until we got new exchange servers now the users located in this OU cannot loggin to OWA they just continue to get prompted for credentials. if i move them out of the ou OWA works great. so long story short what account need access to this ou for this authentication to su...

Build error when using crmibf/crmaccessservice.asmx web service
Installing CRM information Bridge installs a web service at the path "http://<crmserver>/crmibf/crmaccessservice.asmx" I can set a web reference to this in a .net project but when I try to build the project (without adding a single line of my own code) I get errors in the web service Reference.vb" file. Some of the errors are "BaseReference" not found, "CaseReference not found", etc. Any clues as to why I am getting these errors? Is there some documentation available on using the CRMIBF web service? -- Thanks ...

Using Avery products with Publisher documents
The Avery product (8876) & template #s (5371 or 8371) I'm using for business cards/label are not listed as options in Publisher (2003) page setup. What can I do? I really need to create a list of Avery products that have the same dimensions. Avery changes the numbers based on quantity, color, ink versus laser, or finish. When designing your document, these things don't matter. The same template is used for Avery products 27871, 27881, 27882, 28371, 28876, 28877, 5371, 5376, 5377, 5876, 5911, 8371, 8374, 8376, 8377, 8471, 8476, 8871, 8872, 8873, 8876, 8877, 8878. -- JoAn...

No option to use existing data in Microsoft Money Plus
In upgrading to Money Plus from Money 2006, when I try to set-up an online credit card account, Money wants to download ALL the existing account info. There are accounts that I don't to add to Money Plus and there is no way to apparently delete data that the Money website is retaining. I have even tried to delete online account data from Money 2006 but there was apparently no change. Is there any way to set-up a "new" online account without Money Plus downloading previous data? In microsoft.public.money, Jazzman28 wrote: >In upgrading to Money Plus from Money 2006, wh...

dynamic search and sort using linq
I need to build a form that will take in string value from dropdowns for: sort_colum_name, search_column_name, table_name and textbox for search_text I know this is possible using expression trees, but somehow cant form the statements. Please help Here's what I have so far: private static List<T> GetSortedData<T>( string sortColumnName) { var type = typeof(T); var property = type.GetProperty(sortColumnName); var parameter = Expression.Parameter(type, "p"); var propertyAccess = ...

Can't use paste on one worksheet
Hi I know this might be difficult to answer,as there could be numerou reasons. I have a workbook with 7 worksheets, i can copy and paste on all th Worksheets,except one. I have checked that everything is selected that allows users to edi worksheets(Tools/Protect Sheet) Everything looks ok,my recent changes have included VLOOKU formulas,Time formulas and a Worksheet Selection Change code(whic works). When i rightclick to copy i can do that but when i come to paste th selection into a new cell,the paste and pastespecial are greyed out. Any ideas as to what i might have messed up would be ...

How to transform XML by using XSLT
Hi I need to know how to transform a XML file by using a XSLT file. Consider the following XML file <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><LogFile><Dog TimeStamp="16.02.2004 10:04:48" ModifiedBy="Smith, Geoff"><NameOfDog>Fido</NameOfDog><Weight>10</Weight></Dog><Dog TimeStamp="16.02.2004 10:05:24" ModifiedBy="Scott, Al"><Color>Black</Color><Weight>12</Weight></Dog></LogFile By the magic of some XSLT file I want the follo...

show criteria data from a query on a report using that query
I have a report that runs a query with a date range parameter criteria. It works great, now I want to display the entered date range on the report. Is this posible or do I have to get the range on a form? In the query, I have the following criteria "Between [Enter From Date:] And [Enter To date:]" Now I want to display what the user entered on the report. In a control on the report enter ="Between " & [Enter From Date:] & " And " & [Enter To date:] You can refer to the parameters in the query as if they were fields (in most case...

RAM that store.exe process uses grows indefinitely
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server and have been running into an issue with the store.exe process. The RAM this process uses grows and grows without stopping. Eventually we need to reboot once a week. We have 512 MB RAM and 2.0 GB processor. I have tried disabling virus scanner but that does not seem to make a difference. I found one article that describes a way to stop this with a server that has at least 1GB of RAM, but it did not seem to work. We have this at every place we have installed Exchange and I have not been able to find solution. Any hel...

Unresolved symbols when trying to use delayload
I have an executable that I am building using MS visual Studio C++ version 6.0, which I want to load a dll only when needed and not at startup time. When I try to link with the deyload option I get the following error: libcscentera.lib(libcscentera.dll) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___delayLoadHelper@8 My link options to my executable are as follows: ..... libcscentera.lib" /subsystem:console /incremental:yes /pdb:".\x86\coolsrvr\Debug/axssrvr.pdb" /debug /machine:I386 /nodefaultlib:"libc.lib" /nodefaultlib:"libcmt.lib" /nodefaultlib:&quo...

Creating Labels using an Excel Spreadsheet
I would like to create mailing labels using Excel and import the data into a word template. Before I start building the spreadsheet I would also like to know the format to use for the columns: first name, last name or last name and first name in one column. Thank you for your assistance. Elyse, have a look here for info on mail merge http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ...

Using filter results to append records
I am using a form (frmSearchAlpha) that uses as its structure Allen Browne's Very Excellent filter code. The filter works great, and we have been using it for some time. We take the filter and use it in a VB SQL statement to append the filter results to another table (tblRetrievalVest) The problem is we are now filtering almost 500,000 records. The filtering doesn't take a long time, particularly after the first search, but the append SQL is beginning to. Is there code that allows us to append directly from the filter results instead running the filter all over again in the ...

I would like to know how to automate graph using drop down list
I would like to know how to automate the graph using drop down list where I can select the appropriate parameters. Jon Peltier has some interactive charting examples: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html Lokesh wrote: > I would like to know how to automate the graph using drop down list where I > can select the appropriate parameters. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html In addition to Debra's suggestion, check Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html...

Using Outlook
I have AOL as my ISP....I use Outlook to read mail from several different websites (my own personal webpage, etc.) I have no trouble receiving my mail through outlook, but recently, I've experienced intermittent problems sending mail out through outlook. Does anyone else out there use outlook through aol? And I'm not talking about reading AOL email through outlook...... Your AOL connection is the most likely culprit - AOL doesn't "play nice with others". Have you contacted their tech support? Or considered getting another ISP? tom medeiros wrote: > I have A...

outlook express error sending mail using hotmail account
An unknown error has occurred. Account: XXXXXXXXX, Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp ', Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 12019, Error Number: 0x80004005 how can i fix this problem This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.out...

Anyone done troubleshooting on Outlook 2000 using Net Folders?
We're a tiny (4 users) business and don't want to mess with Exchange. We've been using Net Folders to share Contacts, Calendars and Tasks. For a few months all worked as advertised. Lately, though, every now and then the sharing just drops out...the names I've listed in the share routine are gone. I've started running NFCLEAN about once a week, but it doesn't seem to help for long...won't stay fixed! Anyone have ideas, experience, suggestions? TIA Danielle NetFolders were abandoned since they are so problematic. See if any of the other ideas here hel...

Using Excel ActiveX Textbox to populate another worksheet cell
I have a spreadsheet I use to do taxes each year. There are lines corresponding to each line on the 1040. Income is entered on line 7 and I sum(d7:d21). This has always worked fine. I set up a worksheet "form" for my son to use where he only has to enter the appropriate input (wages, interest, dividends, tax withheld, etc.) and I fill the appropriate cells and calculate the taxes. I used "LinkedCell" property to place the text field amount in the appropriate cell, along with amount formatting of the textbox on LostFocus. Problem: The value goes into the ...

How to use OST to get latest version of mailbox?
Hi there, After a brand new rebuild of an SBS 2003 server and a restore of a 1 week old Exchange database, how can I get my users OST files (who are up to date -- the users worked with Outlook and a temporary POP3 account for 1 week) to sync with the Exchange database which is 1 week old? Should I just copy the OST file to the Local Settings of the user and laucnh Outlook? Thanks for any help, Ambroise I would del *.ost Set up their profiles anew - probably Outlook cached mode which will create a new .ost Then have them open the .pst files from their temporary POP3 accounts. Have ...