Event ID: 100
Date:  4/7/2005
Time:  10:24:37 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: exchangeserver
The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'jdk' due to the
following error: The RPC server is unavailable.  The data is the error code.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the
Microsoft Online Support site located at:

Data:
0000: ba 06 00 00               �...

Then I had some people complain thaty they could not log on to exchnage via
mapi. Also OWA from front end to back end was unavailable.

That could be causing this?

No warning errors this morning and everything seems to be running fine. What
is going on?

0
none89 (807)

Avoid protected cell warning on BeforeDoubleClick WS event
I am creating an event scheduling worksheet. A grid is generated with days of the month x-axis and users y-axis. Where an event occurs this is logged by a hidden event ID in the appropriate day cell. In order to prevent this ID from being overwritten I protect the worksheet. What I am trying to do is have a worksheet DoubleClick event which either. 1) Captures the event ID in the underlying cell, and opens a custom form for editing the event, or 2) Recognises that no event exists and opens a custom form for logging a new event. What I have tried is to unprotect the workshee...

VPN, Exchange Server, Palm hotsync
My Toshiba 3500 was successfully synchronizing Outlook over a VPN to my Exchange Server until I installed the Palm Pilot m505 synchronization software. After this, I could not connect over the VPN to synchronize Outlook. This was a problem that showed up in Outlook, not in the Palm software itself. However, the problem started when I installed the Palm software and stopped when I removed it. Any idea what the heck is going on? John Have you checked with the Palm support forums or online help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

old Exchange Server remains site folder server
Hello, I am trying to replace an old exchange 2000 server with a new 2003 server. I have moved all the mailboxes, public folders and system folders as per the KB article regarding 'removing the first exchange 2000 server in a site.' However, the old Exchange 2000 server is still showing up as the site folder server in AD. I have not uninstalled Exchange from the old server yet - will the site folder server role be automatically reassigned at that time or will I have to manually edit the AD with ADSI Edit and put the DN of my new Exchange server in there to change this role? Also, am ...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

NNTP Server Setup
I have setup NNTP services using Exchange System Manager, and can access, post and read those posts. However, I have a few questions which I have not been able to find answers for via Google, the MS knowledge base, or this forum. 1. Is there a way to hide the "control.*" groups from users? 2. Is there a way to (securly) allow a user to edit/delete their own posts? (default permissions on the Public Folders folder are setup to allow edit/delete for the owner of a post) TIA for any help I can get on this. If there is a good reference, please provide a pointer. ...

Server Application Unavailable 06-14-06
Dear All, In one of our customer's site CRM 1.2 is implemented on the following environment: SBS 2003 (with relevant SPs) SQL Server 2000 (with relevant SPs) MS CRM 1.2 Exchange MS CRM intermittently gives "Server Application Unavailable" whenever I try to access CRM. All the services are running. No event logs. Although the error message says that an Application Event Log for the Web Server has been logged, I dont see any log in the Event Viewer. And moreover CRM also displays the authentication form before giving that error. That means the CRM Authentication service is...

RPC over HTTPS on one server?
Hi! I want to install all only on one server: - Windows 2003 Active Directory - Exchange 2003 The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 services. Which steps must I follow for installation? Any good links about it? Best Regards On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:13:02 -0800, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >I want to install all only on one server: >- Windows 2003 Active Directory >- Exchange 2003 > >The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 >services. > >Which steps mus...

OWA returns HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Outlook Web Access used to work fine, but now users are receiving the following message HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable Users can access the OWA page, but after typing in credentials and clicking "Log On" the above error is returned. If the incorrect credentials are entered the "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access" message is received. This tells me I'm authenticating fine but whatever the next step is it is failing. There are no error messages in event viewer. Any recommendations of what to look at next? The OWA Exchange 2003 Server sits on a ...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

Easier way to grant mailbox rights to 100 mailboxes??
Consider the following scenario... Sally is a manager at a company. She wants to be able to monitor her staff's email usage. I want to be able to give her access without having to spend a bunch of time every time an employee is hired/moved/ fired/leaves. George is Sally's boss. George doesn't want Sally to have access to his mailbox other than what he delegates her access to. Originally, we just gave Sally full rights to the mailbox store, but as you probably know, that fails George's requirement. Is there an easy way to accomplish all this without a ton of administrative w...

Event ID in Application Log
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on both my Front-end and Back-end Servers. I am getting the Event ID 7200 on the Front-end Server. The error that I'm getting is "Background thread FDoUpdateCatalog halted on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (FRONT-END)" due to error code 0x80004005. " I am not running any Full-Text Indexing, it has never been installed. I am also not running any type of Virus scan on this server. It is occuring every 30 minutes on the dot. I have researched for the past two days and can very little information on how to re...

Creating Formula with Embedded Variable ID
I need to create a single formula for my workbook that references cells from various tabs (over 20) in another workbook. I want to copy this formula into multiple tabs within my workbook. My workbook and the external workbook have the same number of and identically named tabs. I want to embed a variable into the formula that will take on the name of the tab that the formula is copied to. I imagine the formula would look something like this: ='K:\Sales Reports\[Ohio Team, Mar-21-2004.xls]variable_identifying_the_tab_goes_here'!D1 I know I can use the following formula to derive th...

Server side attachment blocking?
Does exchange 2003 include server side attachment blocking? I had thought it was configurable natively without any add-on software, but seem to be unable to find such a control, nor any documentation about it on the MS sites. Thanks in advance, Chris no you are able to check the RBL (Relay Blacklists) with exchange 2003 as far as i am aware. you would have to use something like GFI Mail Security. Simon "Chris King" <cking@whitneyhakws.com> wrote in message news:Oai%23hTK9DHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does exchange 2003 include server side attachment blocking? I ha...

keyboard events for different CWnds
We know that BOOL CTestDialog::PreTranslateMessage(MSG *pMsg) can be used to capture keyboard inputs for some dialog class CTestDialog and in general any window. But consider this.. If I have a MDI application and therein certain Key strokes 'belong' to the mainframe and others to the child frame and perhaps certain others to some other pane or whatever, what is the best way to implement this? For instance, Ctrl+S saves a file in many apps (message goes to MainFrame) and Ctrl+C copies content in the child window (message goes to ChildFrame). What If I want customized key presses for...

SBS/Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise Server
Dear Newsgroup, on a Small Business Server 2003-machine with installed Blackberry Enterprise Server (and three Blackberries) I have got the following problem. Since a few days, no Blackberry is able to send E-Mails. E-Mail-receiving, Synchronizing calendar/contacts/tasks and incoming E-Mail works perfectly. I have been set the security policies of the related users, the server however "forgets" these settings within half an hour. The settings made by me are the following: 1. User x/y/z --> security, add BESAdmin, full access 2. User BESAdmin --> security, add x...

Email server 02-13-10
The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. Vista is not an e-mail client. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2017F-A531-4E34-89CC-7FE3BD9849F0@microsoft.com... > The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. ...

Exchange Server 2003 Filter Rules
I would like to set a filter/rule on the exchange server that will check email in or out of our domain for key words in the header or message body and carbon copy the email to a public folder. I think I need a 3rd party solution if so can anybody recommend one for SBS2003 Thank you very much for your help. ...

2 different domains/1 exchange server
Hi. I'm currently running E2k03 SP1 as my mail server in our network. Recently another company move in our building (same owner) and both company are sharing network infrastructure. Each company has a different AD domains and this domains are not related in any ways (trust relationship). Is there any way that I can provide mail services to the new neighbors without trusting the domains or using pop3? -- Elvyn Gutierrez Pellerano & Herrera MIS/Lan Manager ...

Old Exchange server in User Setup in Actice Directory
I am running win2000 sp4 and Exchange 2k we had an old server that we moved all the old boxes over from, works fine... there was some residual information from the old server in exchange manager and in AD, I surgically removed these instinces... the only place it is now at is when I am setting up a user in AD and it asks to create an exchange box, I have the check in the box click next, it asks witch server to setup on and it is set by default to the old server. Each time I have to click the drop down and select the newer server... how do I revome this instince from here so it will just have t...

Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007
Good Day, We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error. "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server" I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following Outgoing Server Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck. Does anybody have any other suggestions that I can try. Thank You Ad...

Security descriptors in Windows Server 2003
Hello Expert(s) In windows 2003 SP2 server if we run "chkdsk /f" in data volume then the Chkdsk.exe utility incorrectly identifies and resets security descriptors to default value. Do you have any idea how to fix that issue because in my environment there servers with more than 500 GB data and needs chkdsk /f to be run. Cheers, AD The CHKDSK utility incorrectly identifies and deletes in-use security descriptors http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831374/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Pr...

Do all fields have "onchange" event script blocks??
Hi, I was wondering if there are onchange event handlers for all fields in CRM? I need to automatically send an email from CRM when the "statuscode" of an Incident changes to "Closed", which is a value that I added to the schema. I have seen onchange script blocks in other objects like the Contact object for the "accountrolecode" field, but there doesn't seem to be one for the "statuscode" field in the incident object? Have I got this wrong, or do not all drop down lists have "onchange" event handling script blocks?? Thanks in advance,...

RPC over HTTP using .local domain
I am using a .local domain for on a small business server 2003. When my outlook users connect the must type domain.local\%username% rather than the default netbiosname\%username%. Any sugestions? Have you consider using UPN and matching the UPN to the email domain name? Nue <gomert@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145889850.080836.135900@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I am using a .local domain for on a small business server 2003. When my > outlook users connect the must type domain.local\%username% rather than > the default netbiosname\%username%. > > Any sugesti...

How to speed up ShutDown time on Exchange server
I have Win2003 and Exchange 2003 on a server. If I need to re-boot, e.g. after installing my anti-spam software, it takes nearly 20 mins to shut-down. I only have a handfull of users. Why does it take so long and is there a way to speed it up? Thanks. Is the server also a domain controller? If so, that's expected behaviour. Usual workaround is to stop all the Exchange services before rebooting, which should speed things up a bit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.co...

Your Server reported a UID does not comply IMAP Standard
Hello a lo'ts of time a receive this error in Outlook 2007. (ScreenShot > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1840296/Outlook%20Errore%20ENG.JPG ) there's a way or a fix to solve it? The only solution that i've found is remove and create again the mail account. -- >>> www.ceccherini.net <<< "Andry79fi :-)" <andry79job@ceccherini.net> wrote in message news:hmoei6$6r2$1@tdi.cu.mi.it... > a lo'ts of time a receive this error in Outlook 2007. > (ScreenShot > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1840296/Outlook%20Errore%20ENG.JPG ) > &...