VPN, Exchange Server, Palm hotsync

My Toshiba 3500 was successfully synchronizing Outlook over a VPN to
my Exchange Server until I installed the Palm Pilot m505
synchronization software.  After this, I could not connect over the
VPN to synchronize Outlook. This was a problem that showed up in
Outlook, not in the Palm software itself. However, the problem started
when I installed the Palm software and stopped when I removed it.  Any
idea what the heck is going on?
John
0
chuzz76 (2)

Have you checked with the Palm support forums or online help?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Chuzz Whozzer
asked:

| My Toshiba 3500 was successfully synchronizing Outlook over a VPN to
| my Exchange Server until I installed the Palm Pilot m505
| synchronization software.  After this, I could not connect over the
| VPN to synchronize Outlook. This was a problem that showed up in
| Outlook, not in the Palm software itself. However, the problem started
| when I installed the Palm software and stopped when I removed it.  Any
| idea what the heck is going on?
| John

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

How do I add a Meeting Room to AD/Exchange 2003?
I'm new to Microsoft Server and Exchange. I'd like to know the steps to add a meeting room and have it setup so users can 'book' it. Thanks, Jim... "Jim Gerland" <jgerland@willcare.com> wrote: >I'm new to Microsoft Server and Exchange. > >I'd like to know the steps to add a meeting room and have it setup so users >can 'book' it. >Thanks, >Jim... > The underlying AD isn't particularily relevant. Take a look at http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm for several ways of skinning this particular rabbit. Mark...

Exchange replication
I run three exchange servers for the Marine Corps and we are having three problems that seem to be related. The three exchange servers (Exchange 5.5, Windows NT 4.0) handle just over 3500 users. Due to various problems, I've had to rebuild these servers over the past six months a few times. Every time we renamed the server the same name we encountered more problems, so we created a new name and put the server online. Everything seems to be working fine now except for a few small things that we can't fix. We had distribution lists set up on the servers that were working ...

Retrieving data from Exchange Server #2
I have recieved this message: "Retrieving data from Exchange Server - and if I cancel the message I fail to connect to Calendar or my Inbox. The message appears sporadically as most times I can switch between Calendar and Inbox . The Outlook get stuck until I close the Outlook. Some one know how can I disable this message? This message indicates that Outlook senses slowness in Exchange response and can almost literally be caused by anything from Outlook to the Exchange Server and anything in between. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backup...

Exchange Scripts
Morning all. I have a user who gets alot of emails with .zip files attached. These .zip files need to be manually saved out of the email into a folder (the same folder) everyday all day. Is there someway I can automatically do this with a server based script. Maybe setup a rule in outlook 2003 to file them to a folder then setup a script on that folder? Used to be able to do this in 5.5. Thanks in advance for any help. Mike "=?Utf-8?B?WmlndWFuYQ==?=" <Ziguana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2393B989-4BB3-4857-838B-9E1D359B21A2@microsoft.com: > Is there ...

Web Outlook & Exchange Setup need ideas
I currently have Server: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5. Clients: Windows 2000 Pro, Outlook 200 I am planning to install Outlook Web Access. I want to upgrade Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003. People say Ex 2003 does has installation probles with Win 2000 Server. Is this true Does Outlook Web Access have to be installed on the same box that is running the Exchange Server? If it has to be, will it work if I install Exchange Server on a different box and have its information store point to the information store of my original Exchange Server. And then install Outlook Web Access on the new box I a...

need to re-join exchange 5.5 to mixed organization for public folders backup
I just removed the last exchange 5.5 from the mixed organization I have. But now i'm missing some public folders!!!! Can I re-join the exchange 5.5 server after deleting it from the organization?? please help! Then I have to replicate the public folders. I have an exchange 2003 SP2 cluster and an another Ex 2003 where the SRS service was running. If I can not do this?? How can I restore the public folders to the new Exchange 2003 server?? How about bringing up the 55 server and using Exmerge. Nue <noursly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146573361.871293.98000@j33g2000cwa.goo...

Exchange 2003 issues
Pardon my ignorance, but is this not "exchange 2003" ng? I'm looking for answers concerning an exchange server 2003 I just finished setting up, NOS is 2000 server and exchange 2003 standard.Two bugs are happening, one the server takes an enormous amount of time to reboot/shutdown after installing Exc2003, and I have to mount the store manually after every reboot. Any answers concerning these two issues would be appreciated. Sergio i can help with the first, you need to set the timetowaittokillservice registry setting (search for waittokill under HKLM) back to something...

Outlook 2003 Cached Exchange Mode freezes up
We're using Outlook 2003 with the cached exchange mode set. Sometimes desktop computer email will not update when in cache mode. What is required to fix this problem? Thanks, Jim ...

Server 2003 SP1
Hey all, I am currently planning for an installation of SP1, Server 2003, on a box running Exchange 2003. Does anyone have any words of advice? Any forewarnings? Any KB articles I should read first? Any Patches I need to go ahead and download in advance? Should I even perform the installation? Thanks in advance for any and all help! ATC Elf I am running E2K3 with W2K3 SP1 in a number of places. If you have Dell servers, there are some possible considerations (making sure your Open Manage software is up-to-date) http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/05/windows-2003-service-pack-1-a...

Qustion about perfomance using Exchange cache modus
To all Experts (and thanks for your reply), I have spend many Google searches on the advantages of the "Exchange cache modus" (Outlook 2003). On the Internet there is particularly spoken about the advantages on the client side (faster e-mail, always access to your e-mail, etc.) However, I could not find anything about the advantages or disadvantages on (performance of) the Exchange server when using cache modus My question with regard to the "Exchange cache mode" is simple: What strategy uses less recourses on the (Exchange) server, clients with or without cache mode...

OLE Server Error
We have an Access 2003 application on a Citrix server. The app has worked fine for years. One of the most used features is turning queries in the datasheet view into Excel spreadsheets using Tools > Office Links > Analyze it With Microsoft Excel. The app runs as an .mde file. A couple of days ago, users began getting the error: "Application X cannot start the OLE server. .... but the OLE Server may not be registered properly. Reinstall the OLE Server to register it correctly." I do not think it's an application problem, because when I run the app in...

Palm V transfer of data
Got a new ppc Dell Axim x51v. Palm V only syncs to palm desktop software....this is my understanding. Any way to transfer all my data to outlook or to get it to the new ppc. -- thanx bll "b lea" <blea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D6F2C5-341A-40D2-9EA0-D9F61F41877C@microsoft.com... > Got a new ppc Dell Axim x51v. Palm V only syncs to palm desktop > software....this is my understanding. Any way to transfer all my data to > outlook or to get it to the new ppc. > -- > thanx bll There is software but not having a Palm I can't tell...

Exchange 2000 SP3
When I add an additional reciepient policy email address the server does not populate the Exchange email address properties. I have applied all latest service packs, hotfixes and applied policy, update the RUS and rebooted the serverand stillno change. Percy wrote: > When I add an additional reciepient policy email address the server > does not populate the Exchange email address properties. I have > applied all latest service packs, hotfixes and applied policy, update > the RUS and rebooted the serverand stillno change. In the mailbox properties of each user, is "automat...

Offline Exchange 2003 Backup
I am told to do an "offline" backup of the Exchange 2003 infomraiton by shutting down the exchange services but nowhere do I see how to shut them down and start them up. For IIS, I just shut down IIS and it closes everythign else then I start up WWW Publishing and it starts up IIS as well. Can anyone point me to an article that shows me what services to shut down before I do an "offline" backup? Dab Who told you to do the backup? I don't consider offline backups to be any more useful than an online backup for most disaster recovery scenarios, and they'r...

Exchange 2007 junk-mail folder
Hello all I am running Exhchange 2007 *with no* EDGE server, i have enabled the anti spma agents on the HUB server, and it is working, but i was wonering if Exchange is able to read the contects of the users "safe senders" list and block senders list, and update itself with this information whithout the use of an EDGE Server? Thanks Yes, you can do that with Hub transport server. -- Nebojsa Seslija ---------------- "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B38077E-ACE7-45ED-A6CD-A49391227299@microsoft.com... > Hello all > > I...

Exchange 2000 + Exchange 2003
Hi, I have backed up the Exchange 2000 information store using Backup Exec 9.1 Exchange option. I have Exchange 2003 test box at home. Will the Exchange 2000 database open in Exchange 2003? thanks, PL On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 03:56:04 -0700, PL Microsoft Query <PLMicrosoftQuery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have backed up the Exchange 2000 information store using Backup Exec 9.1 >Exchange option. I have Exchange 2003 test box at home. Will the Exchange >2000 database open in Exchange 2003? > >thanks, PL Only if its at least SP3 and you mount in...

Migrating Exchange Test Environment
Ok, here we go I want to migrate an Ex server to another server with a different name. As I see it there are a number of different ways I can go about doing this. I want to make this a recovery learning experience so I am asking which is the best way to go about it without restoring from backup. Should I shut down the EX services and copy the databases to the new server (this would simulate a dead server with a good drive). What are the best ways to go about recovering/migrating this server. -Harry If it's a test environment then just do it. You'll learn better that way! An...

ExBpa Exchange 2000 in Active Directory 2003
Hello, I have a Windows 2003 x64 bit Active Directory Domain in Forest and Domain functional level 2003 running on X64 bit Domain controllers (coming from Windows 2000 Native mode on old hardware). It contains an Exchange 2000 Organization with teh RUS patch applied (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873059). We have had no issues so far. Now as I'm looking at the setup with EXBpa ist tells me I need to policy changes. The changes I have not found anywhere else than in the ExBpa documentation. The changes are one for mail box rehoming issues and one for a search filter update in ...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

Supporting double-byte characters in Exchange 2003 SP2
How do I confirm that our new Exchange 2003 SP2 server will support all double-byte character languages (i.e. Japanese, Chinese, etc.)? We are going to be doing a lot of communicating with East Asian companies and I want to be sure that our Exchange 2003 SP2 Server won't "break" emails that arrive using non-Western character sets in them. Thanks. ...

Exchange-Outlook Connectivity
"Am having a problem with Outlook97-MS Exchange 5.5 with SP4. When an outlook client logs in it asks for Username and password; after it accepts the same, it shows the Outlook Screen but gets hanged in a minute. Task Manager says "Outlook not responding". But if I configure the mail in Offline and Use Dial Up Networking, it does not give any problem. Whenever Outlook is configured with Connect With Network option this is happening. At the same time response to my mail server is normal which is in a different city connected with a leased line. There is no abnormal behav...

Agent not reachable error on Secondary DPM Server
Hi, We have two DPM 2007 Servers operating within our company. We had an issue with one of our file servers and therefore had to reinstall the DPM agent via the DPM Agent tab. This server is backed up on the primary DPM server and then again on the secondary for redundancy. The primary server can see the DPM agent no problem and is backing up as expected. The secondary server is backing up the data as usual, however it is continuious alerting the fact that the agent isn't reachable. How can I resolve this problem? Thanks in advance. Hi David thanks for reaching the n...

Maintenance plan in sql server 2008 management studio
Hi, when I right mouse click on a certain maintenance plan and choose Modify, The follow error popped up in a dialogue box. --------------------------------------------------------------- Unexpected error: service 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Designer.Interfaces.INVSDDesignerService' is not available. Make sure that the product is installed properly. (mscorlib). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Also on the server machine, we installed management studio for 2008, when we expand the management menu, there is no 'Maintenance Pla...

Rename Exchange Server 2003
Can I rename the computer account, if I run Exchange Server 2003 on this Windows Server 2003 machine. Thanks, Peter On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:43:04 -0700, PeterK <PeterK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I rename the computer account, if I run Exchange Server 2003 on this >Windows Server 2003 machine. > >Thanks, >Peter You can. I wouldnt. You will be sad. Only if you don't want Exchange to work afterwards. What is the reason for wanting to rename your Exchange server? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "PeterK" <PeterK@discussions.micros...

Problems with front-end Exchange 2003 server and OMA
We've recently upgraded our organization to use a front-end Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000 and although OWA access works fine, we're running into some problems getting OMA to work. The front-end Exchange 2003 server was upgraded from Exchange 2000 but the back-end server was a fresh install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. The configuration of the front-end server uses SSL on both the Exchange and OMA directories and both directories are configured for basic authentication. Although I've read that having SSL enabled on these directories could lead to connec...