VPN and Public folders access

Hi all

I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing group,
two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5 server.
All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all connected
by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when a
user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to
connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to there
network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there
username password, this mail server is in another domain, so this is probaly
why they get propted for credentials. How can i fix this issue ? i am
assuming thta this is probaly an internal exchange routing problem.

Many thanks
)
0
Skip1 (502)

VPN access to a network should be the same as plugging into the network.

So, what do you have in your network that is blocking the VPN clients?

"skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing
> group,
> two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5
> server.
> All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all
> connected
> by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when
> user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to
> connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to
> there
> network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there
> username password, this mail server is in another domain, so this is
> probaly
> why they get propted for credentials. How can i fix this issue ? i am
> assuming thta this is probaly an internal exchange routing problem.
>
> Many thanks
> )

0
ewoodrick (190)
5/24/2005 9:46:32 PM
nothing is blocking the VPN client, they are jsut getting refered to a mail
server that is not there home server for public folders, and when it tries to
connect to this other server, they client gets propted for there credntials
evan after succesfully launching outlook. The client want to connect the pub
folders to a server other than therer home server.

Skip

"Ed Woodrick" wrote:

> VPN access to a network should be the same as plugging into the network.
>
> So, what do you have in your network that is blocking the VPN clients?
>

> "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > I have 3 exchange servers that are all in the same admin and routing
> > group,
> > two out of hte three servers are exchagne 2003 and hte third is a 5.5
> > server.
> > All serves are in different parts of the country and they are all
> > connected
> > by high speed links. The problem that i have been noticing lately is when
> > user VPN's into the network (outlook 2003) the users outlook is trying to
> > connect the public folders to an exchagne server that is not local to
> > there
> > network, when this happens a dialog box pops up asking the user for there
> > username password, this mail server is in another domain, so this is
> > probaly
> > why they get propted for credentials. How can i fix this issue ? i am
> > assuming thta this is probaly an internal exchange routing problem.
> >
> > Many thanks
> > )

0
Skip1 (502)

In Access 2007 can you display the comments that go with a table?
In Access 2003 I would enter comments which I used often. How do I view those comments in 2007 version? Sharon, Can you explain to me what you mean by comments? Are you talking about comments you've placed in a 2003 db and how you can see these comments in 2007 or are you asking how you can place the comments in 2007? -- Maurice Ausum "Sharon" wrote: > In Access 2003 I would enter comments which I used often. How do I view > those comments in 2007 version? ...

Extracting contacts from public folders
Hi! Is there anybody who knows a way of extracting contacts from public folders to CSV, XML, SQL or any other standard file? We need to import all our contact into another system. Thanks, Rune Rune wrote: > Hi! > > Is there anybody who knows a way of extracting contacts from public > folders to CSV, XML, SQL or any other standard file? > We need to import all our contact into another system. > > Thanks, > Rune Export them to PST, then open the PST(s) in Outlook & export to CSV. You can't export PFs directly to CSV for some reason. Using Outlook, you can ...

Outlook Email History in the History Folder
Hi, I think I have found the answer to this question, but just want to confirm. We have a situation where users histories from their outlook mail (sorry don't have the version number yet) are appearing in the IE History with the title of the message and some times this can be sensitive or confidential. Also not sure if they are using Exchange server or some sort of POP email setup. The question is can this history function be disbaled, or the history be deleted automatically when a user logs on, closes etc outlook ? One answer appears to be to change the IE history setting to 0 days, ...

Pivot Table with MS Access as DataSource
Hello all. Thanks for the help in advance. I am trying to use a UNC to pull data from a MS Access database as a external datasource for a pivot table in MS Excel 2003. I can actively pull the data, since I have a network drive mapped to the location, but others who have the drive mapped to another letter are unable to open the document and refresh. I am trying to figure out the best way to create this pivot table utilizing the shared network UNC. Please help! Regards, Me Hello, I would use a SQL query to pull the data out of the Access db. Then everyone can push...

Access 2007 forms and filters
Hello: A client recently upgraded to 2007 Her forms have several different combo boxes used to filter records. Behind the combo boxes are macros. Each macro has two actions. Action 1: RunCommand - The command is RemoveFilterSort Action 2: ApplyFilter - A different filter is applied depending on the combo box in use. Here's the problem. These macros worked great until they upgraded to 2007. Now, the 2007 version is not removing the filter. It appears to at first. If the first search is for John Doe and the second search is for Jane Johnson, Jane Johnson's search always goes ba...

Public Folder Deleted Items
Hi, We have set the Deletion Settings on our Public Folder store to Keep Deleted Items for....7 days. I presume this then means that if a user deletes an item from this Public Folder then it will be held in their Recover Deleted Items area for 7 days. However, when I test this out and delete an item I'm asked if I wish to Permanently delete the item. If I select no the item remains in the Public Folder. If I select yes the item is deleted and cannot be found in my Deleted Items folder or my recoverable deleted items area. Does anyone know why this is happening? The main reason I...

Access Page (HELP!)- how do I get it to notify me?
I have created an access page, which is a form to feed one of the tables in my main database. It is designed for parties who do not have Access to request a new project set up. How do I build a button or function into the page that will create an e-mail notification to me that a request has been made. I have been reading up on JScript and VBS, but nothing seems to jump out at me... Also am I right in thinking that I can use VBS when writing code for the Access page? ...

synchronizing folders
seems like my outlook is doing this every ten minutes. seems like it slows down the box. do i need? can i shut off? thanks ...

Upgrading an Access 1 database
I've inherited an Access 1 application running on an old box. I need to try and upgrade it to Access 2003. Access 2003 won't touch a databse that old. Does anyone know if there is any alternative to trying to ferret out a succession of old versions of Access and upgrading bit by bit. Or do I have the choice of re-writing or stayiing as it is? Rewrite would present a problem sucking the data out of the old DB. -- ========================= Trevor Lawrence TrevorL@@webone.com.au ========================= To convert the application you need a copy of A2.0,A95,A97. To just ...

Archiving in Public Folders
Greetings, Has anyone devised a method to archive emails in a public folder? I tried using Outlook 2000 to archive, but that option isn't available on my public folders. Thank you for your help, Marty ...

Outlook error "unable to expand the folder"
Hello, here is my situation : I have a client who was connecting to Exchange running on SBS 2003 with Outlook 2003. He installed Office 2002 Professonal over Office 2003 (including overwriting Outlook 2003...he just wanted to get MS Access and only had a 2002 cd). He has been unable to connect to the exchange server since. I suggested, and he did uninstall Office 2002, and reinstalled Office 2003, to no effect. I have recreated his Outlook profile, and get an 'underlined', resolved name for the Exchange server componenet of the profile. When He tries to expand his Mailbox-John Smith ...

Need Article on Replicating Public Calendar
Hello-- I am moving our Exchange 2003 to a new server. I have what I need to move mailboxes, public folders, etc., but I need an article on moving public calendars. The current Exchange 2003 is running on W Server 2003 Enterprise and will be moved to a server running W Server 2003 Standard. Many thanks, Stephen There is no difference that I am aware of between replicating a regular public folder with messages and replicating a public folder calendar. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "razor" <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC0ACDEC-321...

Access violation in AFX_MAINTAIN_STATE2::AFX_MAINTAIN_STATE2
Hi We have 3 layers - 1. Unamanged - 3rd Party MFC dll 2. Managed c++ (CLR/CLI) - This one acts as a bridge between managed and unmanaged 3. C# - GUI that uses Managed C++ to communicate with Unamanaged The unamanged DLL exposes a Initialize function, which is suppose to do some initialization and then pop up a dialog box. LoadLibrary returns success, so does GetProcAddress. But the moment i call the initialize function it crashes - Access violation writing location 0x04050eb2 I am trying to Use MFC in a Shared DLL (not sure how the DLL is referencing MFC) Any help would be much appreciate...

DST Patch Messed Up Public Calender
Hello-- We are running a W 2003 environment with Outlook 2003. We pushed the DST patch onto all of our servers and clients via WSUS. Although the time change doesn't take place until this weekend, our public calander has shifted up an hour already and it is messing up our appointments. I checked the clock on the Exchange server and it is correct for Pacific Time (GMT -8). Is there any way to fix this? did you run the Time Zone data update tool for MS Outlook against all your PF calendars? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "razor" <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Send Email Form Access
Currently I use the following method to send emails: Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "rptCurrentClientsStartDateEmail" DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName But how can I specify fields within the email like Subject , To, etc.? Thank you, Samuel Samuel wrote: > Currently I use the following method to send emails: > > Dim stDocName As String > > stDocName = "rptCurrentClientsStartDateEmail" > DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName > > > But how can I specify fields within the email like Subject , To, etc.? > > Thank y...

All emails going to junk mail folder
Recently, all of my emails are going to the junk mail folder. I can then move them to the in box folder. Also, a new custom toolbar is appearing. I can turn it off but the next time I start outlook it is there again. I don't know if the two issues are related but I would guess so. Any suggestions on how to correct these issues. I have turned off the junk mail filter hoping to correct the prpblem but it does not. I send myself emails to try to correct the problem and even those go to junk. Sounds like you have a 3rd party program that is doing junk mail filtering. Yo...

Public Folder replication #36
I appear to be seeing a problem with my Public Folders that is causing my Public Store to take an age to backup. With the help of the good people in this group, I have been able to establish some earlier problems with my replication and it now seems to be working reasonably well but the backup is still taking an age. Of all the folders that I have, I am seeing an anomoly that may be causing the backup to go and get the remote replica details across the WAN for certain folders. Some of my folders are listed as being on the remote server and "Local Modified" with the local ser...

"personal folders" appears double
In my outlook 2003, my personal folders appears double, I have tried to remove one using the knowledge article below but so far no succes. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011170471033.aspx (my pst file was upgrade from outlook 2000 a long time ago, I did move it from another PC like a year ago, it was on different places on my disk(s), never any problems) the two presonal folders point to the same location/pst file, if a e-mail comes in, it shows up in both, contacts show up in both.... I cannot rename any of them, not close any of them, strnagly enough , in the menu option...

changing "move/copy" from Inbox to Public Folder
Hello again, Is there a way to change it from "move/copy" to "copy/move". I have a client that needs to just copy mail items from his inbox to the public folders without it moving. I tried Googling, but it appears to use the "/" as a wildcard which is rather frustrating in this instance. Thanks and Cheers, Rich What is it that you want to change? Outlook has both copy and move = commands, and they are distinct.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Conversion of MS Access queries to SQL queries
Hi All, Anyone knows of a utility or software that will convert MS Access queries to SQL Queries. I need to convert my existing ms access queries to SQL queries as i need to use them in a software which only takes SQL queries. I tried to copy and paste "SQLVIEW" of the queries from MSaccess but they dont' work as they require modifications. I don't have much knowledge of SQL queries, wondering if someone can point me in right direction. Thx In article <1181230883.726006.250120@q66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, raonhassan@yahoo.com says... > Hi All, > Anyone knows...

linking to access database
i have a pivot table in excel that is linked to a query in an access database. two questions... i have modified the query to include an additional column. when i go to show the field list in excel, the new column does not appear. i have tried going through the pivot table wizard, but that did not seem to make a difference. is there a way to get the new column to appear without having to re-create the entire pivot? this is unrelated to acces...but i notice when i modify the pivot (e.g. drage new fields to pivot on or check/uncheck options to summarize differently, the fo...

Adding a field to an already existing access database
Why won't the following code work to delete and add a field to an access database? I want to increase the size of the field, but I don't see any methods to increase the size so I am going to delete the field and then append it. CDaoTableDef td(db);; td.Open("ArtistPhotos"); td.DeleteField("ImagePath"); td.Close(); td.Open("ArtistPhotos"); td.CreateField(_T("ImagePath"), dbText,100, dbVariableField); try{ td.Append(); } catch(CDaoException* e){ } td.Close(); I get an exception on line 2069 in DaoCore.cpp. the Documentation says t...

Access OLE Object Field
Through VBA, I am trying to read an OLE Object field (which are images) and insert it into a Word document. I can read the item as Datatype OLEFormat, but can't figure out how to get it into the word document. I tried using a bookmark with the format: Set wrdsig = ..Bookmarks("sig").Range.InlineShapes.AddPicture(FileName:=NuisQuery!sig, LinkToFile:=False, SaveWithDocument:=True) but it wants an actual filename for the Filename property of the AddPicture object. Any help would be appreciated. -- Mert ...

Loss of access to Yahoo account in Live Mail
I have just lost contact with my Yahoo account when using Live Mail. The symptoms are 1. Each time I am asked to enter the password. ... This being done the small box closes briefly and reopens back at the original question ... " Enter Password" The system freezes at this stage and repeats the question over and over again. If I go to the Yahoo screen independently, and log in my mail is clearly accessible.. The Live Mail system used to accept the Yahoo account and showed it as well as my Hotmail account. but it does it no longer. I have used the "Wiz...

Public Folder ERROR #4
We are trying to move exchange 2003 SP2 from 1 server to another. So we installed exchange on server 2, move all mail boxes and tryied to follow Microsoft artical 822931. Now if I select in ESM folders/public folders on server 2 I get an error: An existing connection was forcibly closed be the remote host. Faulty: Win32 ID no:c0072746 Exchange System Manager I've tried to search for the error but found nothing that could help. anyone would like to give it a crack! thank you in advance. denis ...