Virus in .mmd file

Hello,

I speek english not well....I know.

My anti-virus (norton) find a virus in a .MMD file stored in following
folder :

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft BackOffice\Connectivity\POP3
Connector\InForward\

But the antivirus cannot access to this file, how i can remove this file ???

Thanks

Configure NAV to exclude any data directories of Exchange (and other
server products), otherwise file-level antivirus might damage databases.
  Then, in order to protect yourself from viruses, get Exchange-aware
antivirus.

J�r�my taverne wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I speek english not well....I know.
>
> My anti-virus (norton) find a virus in a .MMD file stored in following
> folder :
>
>     C:\Program Files\Microsoft BackOffice\Connectivity\POP3
> Connector\InForward\
>
> But the antivirus cannot access to this file, how i can remove this file ???
>
> Thanks

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

I have Excel 2003 and want to open an old WB2 file How do i do it

Excel files opening problem
Halo sir, I am having excel 2003 in which I am trying to open the excel files directly as a administrator .When I am logged as a user excel files are not opening directly instead I have to select the path where the file is. can you suggest me some idea so that I can resolve the problem. Regards Syes ...

Copied pdf file into Word doc/can print/can not view in doc...?
I have copied a portion of a pdf file into my word doc. I sent the doc to a friend and now my friend says when they open the doc it is blank. But when they print the doc everything shows up printed...HELP? Does your friend have the option set to show picture placeholders, rather than the pictures themselves? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How to obtain a text file from a Windows spooled file
I have a HP 4L LaserJet printer correctly configured in my system. Normally, I sent text files to print on that printer (invoices, credit notes, etc.) and I want to have this text output from the spooler to be in a text file instead of the printer. Can you help me doing this? Thank you very much. Fabianmo, If I understand you correctly, there is definitely no easy way of accomplishing this. You will most likely have to add code to your app to do this yourself - remember that Windows is a graphical user-interface, where you position strings at specific pixel-locations, whereas you wou...

Fill function with file reference
I want to fill across a row using the pattern: ='Q:\DATA\[TestBook1.xlsx]Sheet2'!$A1 ='Q:\DATA\[TestBook1.xlsx]Sheet2'!$B1 ='Q:\DATA\[TestBook1.xlsx]Sheet2'!$C1 etc. I don't have access to this Q drive, but I need to update the workbook. The problem is that a popup appears every time I try to drag the autofill handle, and it won't let me continue dragging. What can I do to autofill across multiple cells? How can I get rid of the popup? I'm using Excel 2007. ...

Excel crash when opening file
Hello! My problem is that Excel crashes when i open one of my files. I have experienced this only ones before in all of theese years I hav been using Excel. Some input: - Currently I'm using Excel 2000. The file that causes Excel to crash: - It is a workbook for consolidating subsidiaries to an operationa financial statement. - It has 16 sheets, - References between the sheets, - The sheet where one can see the consolidated statement compared t budget or forecast contains formulas with "If" and "Index" function Used with a "Forms, combination box" - It ha...

How do I save a read only file or folder?
An IT expert converted all of my Macintosh Clarisworks files to Excel/Word and burned them on a CD. I transfered the folders/files to my new IBM PC hard drive and then opened them. I made some changes to a file but I am unable to save them. I keep getting a "read only" message. I have checked Excel help and followed the directions, but I get the same "read only" answer. How can I open these files, change them, and then save the new files? Thanks. Dick, If you open the folder, and right-click any of them, you'll see the "Read only" attribute checked. U...

activex and loading a file
hi, my activex control that i have written starts with internet explorer and is registered with media files. (double click on the media file opens internet explorer and loads the activex control) now i want to load the document after the control has been created. i have not found any tips yet. if anybody has an idea.. thanks thomas ...

How to insert the date the file was last altered on PP slide
In slide master ... I know how to get the current date that the file is being printed to appear on the slides, but how do I get the date that the file was last altered (or saved) to appear on the slides? The current date I am printing the document is really irrelevant if you have the last saved/altered date. I am not a programmer, just a frequent user of PowerPoint. What version of PPT? The wrong information is readily available in the meta data for the file. The last update date is usually when it was last opened. The best way to get this would be to set up a save event ca...

must use "Save As" after opening Word Perfect files
We have one user who, when he opens a WP doc, the document does not open with the document name (i.e. Sales.wpd), it opens as Document 1 (or 2, or 3, etc.). He can't just hit "Save" to save the document, the dialogue box comes up as "Save As". What could be causing this? It's only an issue with one user. No one else had this problem. Is the user opening the file from within Word or from an Explorer window (such as My Computer)? If the latter, then it would appear that the default action for .wpd files has been set to New rather than Open (althoug...

OL2000 files on server
We presently keep our .pst files in a mirrored volume on a Novell Netware 4.11 server. This system works fine but it was recommended that I follow http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305519 Can I reconfigure my OL2000 to use the .ost file, there appears to be nothing in the help about it. TIA Steve L. What type of mailbox do you have? The reason that I ask is that offline storage tables (ost) is only supported when your mailbox is provided by a microsoft exchange server and said mail is kept on the server. -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out...

Linked file version disabled macro buttons
Hello, I'm using Excel 2007. I've saved an updated version of a file over the old version of the file. Somehow the old and new version are now linked. If I try and run a macro I'm told that it is not available or that the macros are disabled. (The macros are enabled) At this point the linked file is opened. If I break the links between the two files then the macro buttons are disabled and I can't get them back. What am I doing wrong? Seems so simple. Try reassigning the macro to the button (or object) that starts your macro. Shane wrote: > > Hello, > > I'...

Can message be directed to file folder and recipient at the same t
Trying to send message to person x and at the same time have it filed in another folder other than the "Sent" folder. Is it possible to do this? Yes it is! Click on the Options button in that email and under Delivery Options there should be a checkmark to "Save Sent Message to" and you'll see that the default displayed is Sent Items. Click the Browse button and select your folder from the list. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "Jimp...&quo...

How to insert one line after declaration in exsiting xml file?
Here is partial of existing xml file: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> <NewDataSet> <SpecSum> <USER>ANDYK</USER> <Grouper>Allergy/Immunology</Grouper> <Auths>0</Auths> <Cost>0</Cost> </SpecSum> <SpecSum> In asp.net, how to insert one line after declaration in exsiting xml file? <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> <insert new line here.......> <NewDataSet> <SpecSum> <USER>ANDYK</USER> &...

Can't transfer money data file between computers
I've tried, but failed, to transfer my money data file from my old computer to my new computer (old is ME, new is XP). No matter what I do I keep getting an error message "Money cannot locate [my file location and file name] or cannot open it." I've tried to make a backup copy from my old computer, and open this with the "restore backup" feature, but got the above message. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Mark047 wrote: >I've tried, but failed, to transfer my money data file from my old computer >to my new...

Search and copy files. Look up destination folder in a range
I need help in doing this: I have an excel worsheet that have columns for destination folder and corresponding file to search for. The files to be search for will have wild cards e.g *total*.*. What I want to do is create a macro that will search for call values in a range, copy the result of the search to the corresponding destination folder for example column A(files to search for) column(Destination folder) column c (source always c:\documents) *total*.* total_cost c:\documents *accounts*.* ...

Word macro to save files as .txt
Would like to strip formatting from large group of small files and save as text files. Can a Word 2003 macro be created that will take a folder of small .docs and save all .docs as .txt files. If so, how can this be done? If not, is there some other method that can be used to automate this task. Ultimately, would like to concatenate all .txt files into one large file and use in another program - not word processing program. Thanks You could modify the macro in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/...

sphygmic file
I have created a spreadsheet file using Sphygmic software. My accountan has asked that I send this file in excel format so my tax return can b filed electronically. Is there a way to translate the Sphygmic fil into an excel file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Unless Sphygmic can export to a file format that Excel can understand (xls, txt, csv, etc), then Excel cannot read the file. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "aj3222 >" <<aj3222.1ad9ae@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message...

Opening Excel Files #10
Once upon a time, like everybody else, when I clicked on an Excel fil (say) on the Desktop, it would open for me. Now, I have to open th Excel program first, then click file-open. Any ideas -- wayne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- waynet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2796 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47464 Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, and *Uncheck* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD -------------------------------...

file will not save
One of my excel files will not save. it seems to work ok, but when i try to save it, i get a "document not saved" message. the file cannot be closed unless i agree not to try to save it. any ideas why i cannot save this file? #1. Are you working off a floppy? If yes, then don't do this. Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and save there). Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy. #2. You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to. #3. Your diskdrive is out of space??? missionary wrote...

Missing File Day 3 No resolution ?
No. Is this file something that can be sent to me? -----Original Message----- From: "Diane Poremsky" <info@cdolive.com> Sent: 4/12/2004 8:15:04 PM Subject: Re: Missing file still.... did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Custom Help File
Is anyone aware of a way to add a custom help file to an excel 2002 workbook? I'd like for a user to be able to highlight a specific word and find the word in the custom help file accordingly. Suggestions appreciated! ...

How can I compare Excel files
I am using EXCEL2000 and trying to compare two similar multisheet workbooks of significant size. I have reviewed the help and tips and cannot find either "Compare and Merge" in tools or "Compare side by side" in windows - both recommended in other tips. The software is managed corporately so I don't know whether there are settings preventing this. Is there a function similar to "compare" in WORD? Any other suggestions please? Hi Graham, See Chip Pearson's site for Compare.xla, written by Myrna Larsen and BillManville: http://www.cpearson.co...

Publisher cannot open files from a different version (again!)
I've gone through lots of messages about this problem and have tried the Norton and dragging the file to the desktop suggestions but neither have worked. My version of Publisher is: Microsoft Publisher 2000 SR-1. I have received a CD today which has 3 templates on it which I need to access but I keep getting the above error message. On the files I can't open it says the version is Publisher 2000 Version 6. I really am not technical but I presume that means it is a newer version than my own, yet they are both Publisher 2000 - will I need to purchase a newer version of Publishe...

File Summary Details
I need a way to edit file Properties-->Summary details. Eg: Comments How to use StgOpenStorageEx API function. Pls send me a sample VFP or VB code to do this. Or pls tell me is there any other way to do this thing. ...