virtual smtp server

hello newsgroup,

we are using a managed email service for spam filtering and virus scanning.

in outbound direction i configured a smarthost on the smtp connector
with the adresspace " *.* "
i was recommended from our provider to setup a second virtual smtp server
for this outbound smtp traffic to the smarthost.
when i do so, and point the connector to the new virt smtp server ,i always
get the notice ,that relaying to external addresses isn´t possible.

any ideas ,what should be wrong at this configuration ?

thanks in advance

stephan

SMTP email directly to Pub Folders for 2003 server....
Hello, How do I change the default SMTP email delivery to public folders default to Ipm.note not IPM.post? I just migrated to exchange 2003 and I have several public folder that received outside email. Now when someone emails the folder it shows up as a post not an email. I have read several message here however most resplies reference KB articles. I have read articles 830961, 292484, 817809. I am confused by them. Example article 817809 says wait for the service pack. Well I installed SP1 and it's still the same. This article also says install a hotfix but then it mentions a r...

how can i export all active email address on particular server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C6FCD5.344DB7E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable how can i export all active email address on particular server? ie. username email address abbc1 john.smith@abbco.com I have tried exporting the default address book, but there is no way to = export it. thanks ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C6FCD5.344DB7E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quo...

Multiple servers for same doamin
Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem and everything points to an issue with first exchange server. I have 2 2003 servers, server A has my first exchange server running. Server B is new and has a new install of Exchange 2003. I setup a mailbox on Server B, but can't get any mail to and from it. Both servers are in the same routing group. Is there anything I'm missing? thanks! Sean On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:21:36 -0700, Sean Branam <sbranam@coronado.k12.ca.us> wrote: >Hello, > >I'm having a bit of a problem and everything points to an issue with >first exc...

Exchange Server Mailbox Manager #3
Hi, I have a mailbox maintenance scheduled to run on weekend, and e-mails me a report When I delete a mailbox, or delete messages, this maintenance task reports nothing All it says that it completed processing mailboxes and shows mailboxes proccessed: 0 Message Moved: 0 ... Deleted messages: 0 and so on It allways shows this report with nothing proccessed where we move, delete, or add mailboxes almost weekly. Whats is it actually purpose of this maintenance task in the minds of microsoft, if it doesn't really maintain anything or report anything with this maintenance task? Thanks MC...

help please in proxy server security certificate.
there is a problem with the proxy server's security certificate. Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server bla.bla.com. (Error Code 20). please i couldn't access my outlook account and i have a lot of emails from the work i need quick help. i searched about different solutions but i couldn't understand them i need clear explaining how to solve this issue. Thanks and best regards. sameh. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

IBF for CRM Server installation with Error 1720
Hello: While installing the IBF for CRM Server, I get an Error 1720 towards the end of the installation, prompting me that there is a problem with the installation package, and that a script that is required to complete could not run. I have not been able to locate this on any of the KBs, nor on the install files. The regular IBF Server installation appeared to go on smoothly, and the services are running. When validating the read/write ports, everything checks out. Anyone have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong, or where I might be able to locate this script? Thanks, Max ...

SQL Server 2008 R2/Remote BLOB Storage/SharePoint 2010
We're looking into implementing SharePoint 2010 with a SQL Server 2008 R2 backend. We were also interested in using the RBS addon to get our files out of the database. We were hoping to place these files on a file server seperate from the SQL Server. In reading the docs, I have found where it says "To run RBS on a remote server, you must be running SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition". My question is, can I run SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition, have RBS running on the local SQL server, but have the BLOB data stored on a remote file share using either a mapped d...

Exchange server lost connection to domain
Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a domain with Exchange running OS Win2003 Exchange 2003 Thanks Harry In news:uqgPlJW4GHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, harry <mackey@musc.edu> typed: > Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring > yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. > I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a > domain with Exchan...

Cannot open mailboxes of users with account in Exchangeadmins group after they are migrated to Exchange 2003 Server
We have a Windows 2000 SP4 server running Exchange 2000 SP3 with most of our users' mailboxes on it. We have recently built a new Exchange 2003 cluster running on Windows 2003 SP1. I have only migrated the IT department's mailboxes on to it for the time being. One thing I have noticed, is that in the past I used an email account that was a member of the Exchangeadmins group to open user's mailboxes when necessary. This no longer works on users who are now on the Exchange 2003 cluster. When I try and open their mailboxes (through Outlook), I get the error message 'Unable to open...

Migration from SBS2003 to Full Server 2008
Hi, I currently have an old SBS 2003 (non R2) installation with extra DC's at a couple of remote sites. I want to migrate to full Server 2008R2 with Exchange 2010, and am looking for the best way of acheiving this with minimum downtime. I have considered SBS2008 and EBS 2008 but neither are appropriate for what we need. I was originally thinking of building a new environment exporting all the data copying to the new environment, then manually moving all the PC's over. This would be a big bang approach, and very labour intensive to avoid too much downtime. I ...

Address space sharing.....reply to non-authoritive server??
Hi I have been following the KB321721 and have completed it and mail does flow in through the new org, and pass it on to the old org which is the authoritive one for the domain. My question is....How do you send mail to or reply to mail from the old org to the new? As it is authoritive....it will NDR straight away saying doesn't exist???? Help would be appreciated!! David I don't believe you can send mail from the old org to the new. You could create a sub-domain and populate the GAL with contacts from the new org of course this won't take care of the reply issue. Can you ...

front end server die
How to remove the front end server, so I can have the backend server to receive the email. ...

SMTP Question (Urgent)
In our Exchange Organization, we do not have any SMTP connectors and so everything (Inbound/Outbound) traffic routes via a “Default SMTP Virtual Server” on Exchange 2000 box. All other Exchange boxes (2003) use the Exchange 2000 box as a smarthost to send outgoing traffic. I tried to configure the SMTP Virtual Server on Exchange 2000 box in such a way that all Outgoing traffic would go out via our Spam Filtering servers (outsourced) and thus used a smarthost on Default SMTP virtual server on the Exchange 2000 box. All Outgoing traffic was successfully routed via the Smarthost but if yo...

SQL Server hotfix
I'm looking for additional information about SQL Server Hotfix 1037 or bug# 50000640. This is found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930484. This has to do with SQL Server going 100% every 49.7 days for 15 minutes. I have a similar issue that is happening when GetTickCount rolls over. I am not sure it is SQL Server related. What it affects is network activity on the server. The server has 6 NIC cards and is used to acquire data from various plant equipment and distribute it to display stations. When this anomoly occurrs, network packets are queues and in about 15 minutes a...

Limiting Access to SMTP E-Mail in Exchange 2003
In our Exchange 5.5 world we were able to only allow users access to Internet e-mail by giving them SMTP addresses (as policy, we don't give Internet e-mail to everyone)�. For those we didn't want to have access to INET e-mail, we would delete their SMTP address. We also have an AD security group called "Internet E-Mail" where we would place members who would have access. Now.. in Exchange 2003� there has to be at least one SMTP address, and everyone now gets and can send INET e-mail. How can we setup Exch2003 so we can control which users have access to send / receive ...

email accounts logon incoming server
I recently moved my company website to a new provider (server). After satisfactorily migrating the website I attempted to update the email account details in outlook 2002, so our company email accounts would receive from the new mail server. On my own PC running XP, I changed all details but when using 'test account settings' I get an error on 'logon to incoming server'. I know the settings are correct as I have set up the same details on another PC also running XP and using Outlook 2002, and the settings work and test OK. Every time my computer does an automatic send...

Configure 2003 SMTP to replace 5.5 IMS Connector
I need to configure the native Exchange 2003 SMTP default virtual server to replace Exchange 5.5 IMC connector (on 5.5 server) to handle inbound and outbound email so that I can remove the latter from the organization completely. Please tell me the step to take to do this . Thanks a million Bill On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:44:19 -0800, "Bill Nguyen" <billn_nospam_please@jaco.com> wrote: >I need to configure the native Exchange 2003 SMTP default virtual server to >replace Exchange 5.5 IMC connector (on 5.5 server) to handle inbound and >outbound email so that I can remo...

ASP.NET Virtual Directories (xsl:import)(appSettings)
I have 3 individual ASP.NET applications that make up the overall web application. Each of these websites share some common styles, scripts and xslt files. These are all placed in a single directory structure then in IIS each .NET application has the virtual directory called shared created. The problem is that and server side uri paths do not seem to recognize the virtual directory called 'shared'. For example when using an external file in the web.config file for appSettings or in an XSLT file with the <xsl:import href="{file}"/> declaration. Is there a way to tel...

Outlook 2k/2k3 reports corrupted server rules
We've got Exchange 2000 with the latest SP installed. There's a mixed number of Office clients starting from Outlook 2k to the cutting edge 2k3 in the research group One of my users is reporting that apparently his Outlook 2k3 "server rules" had been corrupted and thus won't display in the Rules Wizard anymore. Since these were rules using the newer Outlook 2k3 format, using lower versioned clients like Outlook 2k and XP (2k2) wouldn't recognize the rules either At first we tried the client solution--and uninstalled the whole Outlook 2k3 on the client computer and c...

Outlook 2003/Exchange Server Sync
I am having a problem syncing outlook running on a laptop with my exchange server. It takes forever for it to completely sync. I also have a desktop connected to the same exchange server, but it syncs fine. Both are running in cached mode with the exact same settings to my knowledge. The only difference between the setup is that the laptop is connected to my domain wirelessly, which I doubt should make a difference. When I do switch to non-cached mode it works smoothly. Help! Are you trying to sync "everything." And by "everything," I mean a huge amount of stuff (...

upgrade from 1.2. to 3.0 + new server
Hi, we are actually using CRM1.2 and we plan to upgrade to 3.0 in the next days. Since our 1.2 is hosted on a SBS2003 with Domain controller in the same box, and this is not recommended by Microsoft, we want to move to a new server. So my first question, in a few words, what’s the best strategy to upgrade and move to a new server? My second question, where can I find a documentation that handle this kind of problematic? Thanks, Marco CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition is supported on SBS. There are two whitepapers that MS has published about upgrading 1.2 to 3.0 that can be downloaded her...

Trying to filter properly with SQL
I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working: ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID" IS NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal') This works to show all non-project related items: ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID" IS NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) ) and this works to show all items without the category "Daily Personal": "urn:s...

Redirection email to a specific mailbox from an extrenal address at Exchange server
Hello, I have and exchange 2007 single box setup. I am trying to figure out how to route all mail that arrives from a specific external address to a specific internal address as it touches the exchange server. Need to have all messages sent to a mailbox for review and then routing to the appropriate department. Is there a way to do it from the exchange server. Thank you for any help. Daryl I think what your looking for is a Transport Rule on the Org level under HUB Transport. There you can set conditions for inbound messages. "baron1211" wrote: > He...

How to redirect to an error page from server side after an error during an AJAX post?
Hi, I am so sorry to post this but I am utterly confused by this. I know it's been asked a million times before but I just don't get it. Click a button in an UpdatePanel. Goes to server side. Server side errors. Exception is caught in Application_Error in Global.asax. Error is logged... Error is cancelled. When I try to redirect to an error page I am getting a pagerequestmanagerservererrorexception instead. Now - how do I redirect the ENTIRE page to an error page? Response.Redirect doesn't seem to work, presumably because I'm returning the request to an XMLHTT...

downloading messages from a mail server
Hi, I can read my mail on the web-based version of our email system as well as via outlook on my own computer. I want to be able to download messages from the server on to a "non-server" folder in outlook on my computer, so that my mail does not clog up space on the server. however, i have been unable to create a folder in outlook, outside of my mailbox on the server. It doesn not realy matter to me whether a copy of each message remains on the server, although the point of this exercise is to clean up space on the server. Any tips or suggestions would be most appreciated. M...