Virtual SMTP Server causing inetinfo.exe to use load of RAM

Hi ALL

I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4)
box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe
steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server.

I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail.

Any help or guidance welcome

Martin

"Martin" <martin@purplespot.co.uk> wrote:

>I have an Exchange Server 2000(SP3) running on a Windows Server 2000 (SP4)
>box. As soon as I start the Default SMTP Virtual Server the inetinfo.exe
>steadily eats all the remaining RAM up and stalls the server.
>
>I have spent ages googling on this one alas to no avail.
>
>Any help or guidance welcome

Bad message in the Queue directory?

Anti-Virus leaking memory?

Badly written event or protocol sink?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Query using two separate query totals
I'm trying to create a query using a table of user information and two separate queries with totaled hours over a period of time. Each separate query has a total number of hours used between a start date and end date. It is possible that a user can use hours from either query. I would like to be able to have the totals information from each hours query sorted by the contact's last name. I so far have the contact's Name, the total hours from one query, and the total hours from another query. When I run the query, it shows the information from the first query and c...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Message Tracking XML File
Hello: Is there any utility out there that can read the XML file saved from the Message Tracking Center, and present it in an easily readable format? MS explains the XML schema at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms987640(EXCHG.65).aspx but doesn't offer a program to do anything. I found http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2007/11/13/more-exchange-message-tracking.aspx, which looks like it'll take the raw log files themselves and convert them into XML, which isn't what I need. Thank you. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA Nevermind....

IE8 will not load
My IE8 will not load. When I click on the icon, I get a flash but nothing loads. I have tried resetting the IE8 properties in the Internet Options on the Control Panel. I have tried un-installing downloading and re-installing IE8. I have tried to start it via a command line in "No Add-on" mode. All with no joy. I have scanned for Malware, adware, crapware, viruses, trojans, etc...........I have deleted all temp files, what the heck am I missing. Is there somebody out there that can give me some options? Doug.CVD wrote: > My IE8 will not load. When I click on...

Publishing web site using ProntPage 2003
I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, some of the files in the server are not changed. But some of them do get changed. The unchanged files are not used in the web but still stay in the server. I have no control of this. Can I force the server to match exactly the web in my PC when I publish (delete all the extra files)? Thanks. You probably got the wrong newsgroup, this is excel Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jeffrey" wrote: > I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, > some of the files in the server ar...

"Access denied" frm Vista client to Win2003 server, but not XP or
The setup: -A Win2003 server at a hosting site, configured for VPN access. -The Win2003 server has 2 users configured, e.g. Bill and Fred. Each has the 'Allow access' selection for "Remote Access Permission (Dial-in or VPN)" on their individual properties page. -The Win2003 server has 3 shared folders, with share names "Everybody", "Bills Folder", and "Freds Folder", as implied, the 'Everyone' group has read access via the 'Permissions' settings of the shared directory properties. Bill and Fred each have full ...

retrieving email from server
How do you set the timing for retrieving email from server. I would like to have Outlook retieve them several times a day, automatically ...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send Mail via POP/SMTP
I have a number of remote users who POP's mail into and out of our Exchange 2000 box. One is unable to send mail to anyone (either within the organisation or to external addresses), so I have temporarily discounted relaying as an issue, although I have checked the settings on the virtual server and they are all correct (allowing authenticated users to relay mail etc.) Receiving seems OK. The user has Outlook 2003 (fresh install) on Windows XP (fresh install). Log file: 2004.07.29 15:29:39 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2004.07.29 15:29:39 server.d...

how to use this video converter for mac to convert mac videos.
Step 1: Free download [b][url=http://www.videoconverterformac.com]Video Converter for Mac[/url][/b] from the above link and install it on your Macintosh: Step 2: Click "Add files" button to input videos to be converted. Step 3: Under profile option, choose the ouput video file format you want to convert to. Step 4: Click "convert" button to get start convert video for Mac. As we can see, this Video Converter for Mac is easy to use, if you like it, just free download this [b][url=http://www.videoconverterformac.com]Video Converter for Mac[/url][/b] and enjoy it by ...

Compiling dataset using an XSD that has import and include tags
Hi,I am trying to create a DATASET object using an .xsd file that has an import tag. The imported .xsd in turn has an include tag for another .xsd. Is it possible to create a dataset based on such an xsd using the XSD.exe or are there any other tools available for this? FYI, the xsd tool works for this schema creating classes if the the path of the IMPORTED xsd is explictly given on the command line. But if I run it with the '/d' directive, it fails saying that the SchemaLocation attribute has an invalid URI. Please let me know any information on this. Thanks Rupa have you tri...

Excel2000: Is it possible to use named ranges as chart's series ranges
Hi I have a table, with a row added weekly, and a chart based on those data. But chart must display data from last 6 week only, i.e. chart's data series must be defined dynamically. Of course I can do it, using some hidden dummy sheet, where data for last 6 week are automatically collected, and which serves as source table for chart. But is there a way to avoid this - p.e. by using dynamic named ranges? I tried to enter range names into Values field for Chart Series, but I got 'The formula you typed contains an error' message. Is there some trick for it, or it is hopeless? OK, ...

Leave A Copy Of Messages On The Server
My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. It doesn't show up in both Outlook Express 6 nor Outlook 2003. Can anyone answer why he doesn't have this function and how to change it? He has to go into our on-line email server and delete his old messages manually. Raymund <Raymund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy > of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. What type of account? -- ...

Excel Frequently Used Worksheets
I am looking for a funtion in Excel similar to the MS- Word menu option "WORK". In Word, this feature keeps a separate list of frequestly used documents that could be used a default docs such as a monthly report, letter(s), project headings/sections, etc. This list is separate from the standard 1-9 last opened documents. In Excel I see this feature as a great way to keep a similar set of spreadsheets that one must access frequently, but in the recently used list (1-9), could get rolled off. I looked through all the commands in Excel and could not find it at all. As far a...

using data from another cell
I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of another cell locate in the same row where. Can some one help me? Create your second list and use VLOOKUP as follows: Name is typed in: A1 List of names and values in: C1:D10 =VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$10,2,FALSE) "leo" <reani1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OiO5fCTWDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different > column) if the same name is there, and if it is t...

Avoid using Exit
In the following article the author recommends avoiding the use of EXIT commands in the body of procedures: http://www.fmsinc.com/free/NewTips/VBA/Avoid_Procedure_Exits.html If you want to follow this rule, I think you will end up with a lot of nested if-then structures. My question: is this rule common practice among the pro's? Thanks, Lars There is no hard rule for the 'pro's'. However, when giving advice to questions on this discussion group, I would agree with the advice in that article from fms. To avoid long nested procedures, you can do someth...

I have been attempting to use the CreateIconFromResourceEx() function to load an icon from a chunk of memory, but it always returns NULL. What I did is I opened the .ico file using CreateFile() and mapped the contents of the file into memory (i.e. using a memory mapped file). I then passed in the pointer I obtained to CreateIconFromResourceEx() like this: HICON hIcon = ::CreateIconFromResourceEx(pbyData, dwSize, TRUE, 0x00030000, 0, 0, LR_DEFAULTSIZE | LR_DEFAULTCOLOR); This always returns NULL, unfortunately. I tried using the LookupIconIdFromDirectoryEx() on the same data pointer and...

Crosstab Query with query parameter used to create a report
My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to use it to create a report I am asked multiple times to re-enter my query parameters. The report generates the correct results; however, why do I need to re-enter my query parameter multiple times?? Thanks.. Open the crosstab in design view, click on menu Query - Parameters. This opens another window. Type in your parameter names and data type. Save. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "JJ_Access" wrote: > My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to ...

Virtual Pages in Publisher
In Publisher 2003, how can I create virtual pages that when printed to A4 printer will print four of these virtual pages to a sheet of A4? ...

store.exe is biger and biger........exchange2000
HI, I have 2x1.5Ghz and 1GB ram.....Windows2000 SP2 and only exchange2000 SP3 is on this machine. I have about 170user on it. Still today server is work OK,but today store.exe is grouwing up still 800mb and server is very slow,when it come to 800Mb I restart,I think we will go on "gb and to swap. Server work about 1 hour and must be restarted. Antivirus is Sophos-disabled. I scan for virus with 3 antivirus program,no spy,no spam and no virus. What I must to do? Thanx 800 MG is really nothing. But try deframnentation. Change the drive letters per your need in the following lines, ...

Using ForceNewPage with criteria
Hello, I have a report with a footer that I would like to use ForceNewPage with only when certain criteria are met. The ForceNewPage setting on the footer is set to Before Section, however, if FieldX = N then I would like it to not force the new page because N signifies that there will be no data in the footer for that particular item and I don't want to have the blank page included in the report. Is there a way to use VB to evaulate the criteria and where FieldX = N set the ForceNewPage to "None"? Here is what I have tried, but it doesn't seem to work: PrivateSub ...

How to make sure my email server is not spammer
Any steps or procedure can be advise.? Thanks in advance. Hi, You can start to run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer. Download on http://www.microsoft.com/exchange Regards, -- Menko den Ouden MCSE+I Netherlands "Nickson" <nickson@ms> wrote in message news:ODueFiY9FHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Any steps or procedure can be advise.? > Thanks in advance. > > ...

Need MIGRATION.exe tool
Hi all, We don't have a copy of the BackOffice Resource Kit and I desparately need a copy of MIGRATION.exe to move some mailboxes between Exchange sites. Does anyone know how I can get this app? Thanks, Jerry I think that you are probably referring to ExMerge.exe, not migration.exe. ExMerge is the only tool I am aware of to move mailboxes between sites. To download the latest version of ExMerge, visit this link. Note that this is the 2003 version, but can be used against 5.5 servers without problem. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1...

PcWizard, RAM: EEc and non-EEC.
PcWizard tells me so much information I need to know. The slots can take up to 3072Mb sizes. Yes, I understand about 32-bit OS's. I read maybe on crucial that unbuffered EEC/non-EEC is ok for my mobo. Memory controller information says Error detection method: 64-bit EEC. The individual RAM say EEC: No. I would guess that the RAM pieces do not have EEC, but I can get pieces that do have EEC? Also read and recommened: Get RAM that is all either EEC or all non-EEC. Do not mix. Is it impossible to mix them? Or does it depend on the motherboard? Brian V wrote: > PcWiz...

how to access to a shared folder on a NAS server
In my AD networks (N.1 Windows server 2003 DC and N. 5 Windows XP domain clients) there is a shared folder on a NAS server (Synology DS 101). The access to this shared folder is restricted to some users defined on the NAS server. This username on the Synology matches the username defined on the AD server. The problem is that when I login on the Windows XP client with one of the username defined even on the NAS server I can access without any problem the shared folder on the NAS server from the Windows XP client. If I login to the Windows XP client with a username that is not define...