Virtual Memory Error Exchange

I had two server DELL Power Edge 2800, both have Windows Server 2003 SP1, the
frist one has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and 6 GB physical memory, the other
one has SQL Server 2005 and 4 GB physical memory, I had a problem because my
SQL Server was low of available memory, and I solved the problem uninstalling
2 GB physical memory from the exchange server and Installing to the SQL
Server. I took this decisition because I have a third part SNMP software
which I used to monitor the Memory Usage and I just used 2GB physical memory
in Exchange Server and I had 4GB useless.

In this moment I have Exchange Server with 4 GB and SQL Server with 6GB and
everything is working fine, however I always have had configured the exchange
tool monitor and status and I have the monitor Virtual Memory Threshold –
Warning: 20% and Critical: 10%, and I am getting a critical email about an
error in this counter, because the memory is under the Threshold, message is
sent everyday and dosen´t have a specific time. I don’t know if this problem
is because in any place of regedit the server has an entry which is still
like 6 GB and I have to change that, I am monitoring the memory with SNMP
program and the memory used is normal, The exchange server is using 2GB and
have free 2 GB, this is regular operation and I check the monitor at time
when it send the Message and the phisycal memory and page file work normal.

Information about the system: I have pagefile in other disk drive (d:) and I
setup the page file size: 2046 – 6142, and I have in the boot.ini this entry:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise"
/pae /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut /3GB /USERVA=3030.

I hope you can help me!

0
Ruben5380 (6)

Hi,

Apart from saying 'don't put SQL with Exchange'..

1. Never put more than 4GB of ram in an Exchange Server - it doesn't use
it - total waste of hardware.
2. Memory optimization is a #1 priority. I see you have configured the /3GB
and USERV=3030 variables. However read this:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2005/12/14/416065.aspx

There's more optimization you can do, ensuring PAE and Hot Add Memory is
disabled, configuring the HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold
 etc.

3. don't put SQL with Exchange - consider moving SQL off - and then put the
server to 4GB of ram
4. I don't like you page file size!!! Never ever set it how you have. Always
set it for 1.5 times the amount of physical ram (with PAE turned off the
page file won't let you go over 4096 - this is fine for 4GB ram).

 Whilst you have set it to be 'max allowed - 6142' you have not staticly set
the size.. Ensure the minimum and maximum are set to be the same size..
Otherwise you will page file fragmentation on the hard disk your PF resides
on.

After you have followed the super cool document i've linked above, (and
you've removed SQL ;-) ) then download the Exchange Best Practice Analyser
and run that on both backends.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/14/2007 5:19:17 PM
5. Proof read you post to make sure you've made grammatically correct posts
;-)

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/14/2007 5:25:02 PM
Drop the /pae switch on the Exchange server.

"Ruben" <Ruben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had two server DELL Power Edge 2800, both have Windows Server 2003 SP1,
>the
> frist one has Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and 6 GB physical memory, the other
> one has SQL Server 2005 and 4 GB physical memory, I had a problem because
> my
> SQL Server was low of available memory, and I solved the problem
> uninstalling
> 2 GB physical memory from the exchange server and Installing to the SQL
> Server. I took this decisition because I have a third part SNMP software
> which I used to monitor the Memory Usage and I just used 2GB physical
> memory
> in Exchange Server and I had 4GB useless.
>
> In this moment I have Exchange Server with 4 GB and SQL Server with 6GB
> and
> everything is working fine, however I always have had configured the
> exchange
> tool monitor and status and I have the monitor Virtual Memory Threshold -
> Warning: 20% and Critical: 10%, and I am getting a critical email about an
> error in this counter, because the memory is under the Threshold, message
> is
> sent everyday and dosen�t have a specific time. I don't know if this
> problem
> is because in any place of regedit the server has an entry which is still
> like 6 GB and I have to change that, I am monitoring the memory with SNMP
> program and the memory used is normal, The exchange server is using 2GB
> and
> have free 2 GB, this is regular operation and I check the monitor at time
> when it send the Message and the phisycal memory and page file work
> normal.
>
> Information about the system: I have pagefile in other disk drive (d:) and
> setup the page file size: 2046 - 6142, and I have in the boot.ini this
> entry:
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003,
> Enterprise"
> /pae /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut /3GB /USERVA=3030.
>
> I hope you can help me!

0
John
3/15/2007 5:03:56 AM
I´am Sorry my english I am from Latin America and I only use a technical
english!

thanks for your post, but I don´t have SQL an Exchange in the same Server I
have two server, the problem is with memory I had exchange server with 6GB
memory RAM and I uninstall 2GB and I installed that in another server, SQL
Server.

I let my Exchange Server with 4GB, when I am monitoring the server only use
2 GB of physical memory, but I get the error from Virtual Memory Threshold
from Exchange Tools eventhough everything is normal.

"Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:

> 5. Proof read you post to make sure you've made grammatically correct posts
> ;-)
>
> Oliver

0
Ruben5380 (6)
3/15/2007 8:41:00 PM
Hi Ruben,

You misunderstood sorry! I was talking about the gramatical errors in my own
post in response to your initial question!

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Error in Outlook Today

Microsoft Exchange Server

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

error 553

80070005 error #2

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...

CRM Error