View the Max size of the Information Store

I just added the registry entry to increase the max size of our Information
store.  Is there anywhere I can verify that the change was successful.  We
are running Exchange 2003 SP2.
0
jbwerner (10)

Look for event id 1217 in application event log when you mount a store.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"jbwerner" <jbwerner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just added the registry entry to increase the max size of our Information
> store.  Is there anywhere I can verify that the change was successful.  We
> are running Exchange 2003 SP2.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/9/2006 9:16:40 PM
When you re-started the store, you should have gotten an event saying it was
running on a temporary size setting, or something like that.

"jbwerner" wrote:

> I just added the registry entry to increase the max size of our Information
> store.  Is there anywhere I can verify that the change was successful.  We
> are running Exchange 2003 SP2.
0
dlw (166)
2/9/2006 9:19:27 PM
On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:16:40 -0800, "Bharat Suneja"
<bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:

>Look for event id 1217 in application event log when you mount a store.

Actually, since this is presumbly Standard Version,  its event 1216.

0
adavid (8731)

Very odd Modeless Dialog Window Size problem
Hello community, I have a very strange problem with the size of a modeless dialog window (it actually is a status window derived from CDialog). The dialog window is inside an own UI thread in a dll. I have written the all of the dll, but not the application calling my dll. I do not have the source of the application, neither a handle to its window. When I debug my dll, I have set the executable for the debug session in VC++, so VC++ runs the application when I press F5. In this case, the dialog window looks fine. However, when I start the application from the start menu (not from VC++), the...

Clothing store help
I just installed the Retail Management Software for a clothing retailer and am struggling with how to set up unique items that will vary by style number and size. Everything calls for a lookup code and I don't know where to start. any advice on how to get started Hi Brian, RMS version 2.0 will have enhanced Matrix management capability. To be released in a couple of weeks. We have an addon to manage Matrix items if you want to use Version 1.3 R You need to have either of these options to efficiently manage apparel items. Send me an email and I can respond to you. ianm@retail-pos.co...

How can I view all of my tabs in one screen? Can I layer them?
Afraid not. You can make the display wider, but invariably at some point it is not wide enough. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:442BF163-9C71-41CB-B2C5-A5952CBCCE4A@microsoft.com... > One trick I use..........I have a workbook with 36 Sheets, I hide them all and create a new one (not hidden) named MainMenu and make an attractive list of all of them and create macros to each just by clicking on the name..............then on each sheet, I put a "Return to MainMenu" button which hides the sheet ag...

What is the maximum size of an Outlook 2003 pst.
What is the maximum size of an Outlook 2003 pst. TIA Mario Castillo According to MS there is not a limit. The new file format (Unicode) does not have the same limitations that ANSI .PST's had -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom "Mario Castillo" <mcastillo@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uLGzI28zDHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What is the maximum size of an Outlook 2003 pst. > > TIA > Mario Castillo > > The theoretical limit with a unicode .pst file is 32 terrabytes but the...

Links Causing File Size Jump
It seems that when I paste links the file size jumps a lot. The sheets are laid out like this - all the sheets have "lookup" formulas which reference a master sheet. There are no macros or anything unusual. I wanted to create an easy print sheet which references all of the other sheets (except the master sheet). So I created a sheet, copied the format of the others and pasted a link to them. The file size jumps immediately. All I need is a print sheet, which makes it easy to print 25 other sheets at once. Any ideas? Using CTRL + Click or SHIFT + Click, select...

Exchange 2003 Message size limits not working
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster for Mailboxes and 2 Bridgehead Server for SMTP transfer. I have to grow up the maximum message size limit for attachments to 20 MB / 20480 KB. I set the limits described in knowledge base article 322679. In detail : Global setting : send & recive : 50000 kB SMTP Connector setting : 20480 kB SMTP virtual server setting : SMTP bridgehead server : 20480 kB mailbox cluster server : 50000 kB User mailbox setting : unlimited I send a 17 MB pdf file from a user on the mailbox cluster and I get an error: <xxxxxxx #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size ...

saving information
I have a form and on this form I have a button to open up another form to enter notes. Once I click okay I want it to save to that particular record on the main form. However it doesn't, when I go back to look at the data, nothing is there. I have this logic in my form: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmRMANotes", , , "RMAID = " & Me!RMAID, , acDialog, Me!RMAID I have not had this problem before. I am in fact using SQL tables. So it's possible it could be in my relationships of my tables and if that's the case I'll have to figure that out. But I eliminate one by one ...

save access pivot table view as new table
Hi, 1. Is there a way to save Access's pivot table view as a new table. I'm using access 2003 2. Also is there a way to define the option provided in excel pivot tables "For empty cells, show" in Access Pivot table view OR in the cross-tab qery? For the first option you could use a maketable query. But remember a pivot is dynamic so the next time you could have more or less columns. So if you want to use the outcome you have to run the maketable query with every change made in the underlying data. For point 2 I'd advice you to look for the option to add a 0 for the...

Default view for Public Folder
Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 Have a Public Folder for Contacts. Would like the default view for all users of this Public Folder to be 'Detailed Address Cards'. Is it possible to set this globally, or does each user have to select his/her view? Thanks. In news:BCC518DF-8D45-46CD-86A1-4E8B1920BEDD@microsoft.com, Kelly Reed <Kelly Reed@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 > > Have a Public Folder for Contacts. Would like the default view for > all users of this Public Folder to be 'Detailed Address Cards'. > > Is it ...

How to reduce excel file size ?
I 'm working with many photo inside excel file, my problem now the file size become to big and difficult to edit. How to make file become smaller without affecting the photo quality? Pls help I would not store pictures in Excel if there were more than ten. better to call them up from file. Debra Dalgliesh shows how to insert pictures into a comment using VB at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Picture HTH Peter "geniusideas" wrote: > I 'm working with many photo inside excel file, my problem now the > file size become to big and difficult to edit. Ho...

How can I change the current default size for formatting a picture
When I paste a screen print the format size automatically defaults to 4.5" height. How can I change this to default to another size. Ordinarily, Word will restrain the size of an inline object to margin width. If the screen shot is taken at a 3x4 ratio, and your margin width is the default 6", then the height is going to be 4.5". If you paste into a landscape page, it will be larger. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Curious George" <Curious George@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Exchange Standard 16gb size limit monitoring
I hit the 16gb limit the other day in my Exchange Standard installation. I figured out how to fix the problem (dismount and use ESutil), but I don't want to hit that size limitation again. Is there a free script or tool out there to notify me when the size hits 15gb? Where can I find out the size of the Storage group? "JohnS" <JohnSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ud07%23WkjFHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I hit the 16gb limit the other day in my Exchange Standard installation. I >figured out how to fix the problem (dismount and use ESutil), but ...

MS OUTLOOK e-mail does not always auto-delete stored mail on exiti
My MS OUTLOOK e-mail does not always delete mail stored in the Deleted Items folder automatically when I close down even though I have ticked the box in Tools/Options/Other/General dialogue box to "empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting". Any answers would be most appreciated to pj.ireland@tinyworld.co.uk. Thanx Pete Please advise your version of Outlook and type of mail accoun. Thank you! -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Pierre" &l...

IS backup file size
Hello - We have a scheduled task to perform a full (normal) backup of our Exchange IS every night. We have roughly 115 employees at our company. I noticed that our backup file is 67GB. Is this file size too large? If so, what is the 'average' backup file size? Just to give you further info, we have our mailbox quota set to 500mb. 400mb for warning, 450mb for denying send, and 500mb for denying send/receive. So, my question would be, am I ok with this massize file size for the backup, or are there something that I need to tweak. Thanks in advance. Hi Nathan, "Natha...

HTML size
I created a document in publisher and saved it as a web page to get it in an HTML file. The file is too large and I need to reduce the size. Is there anything that I can do? It's at over 200 kb and needs to be less than 31 kb. Pictures don't matter, I guess, they are hosted on a different server. Which version of Publisher are you using? What specific steps did you take to produce the HTML output? Does the page have any images inserted into the page, or all of them imported from the different server? Why does the page need to be less than 31 kb? How are you planning on using...

SW_SHOW does not restore to correct size
I have a window that is already open, I execute a m_cwnd- >ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) and the window activates and then changes to the unmaximized size, so it's not minimized, but it changes from it's maximized size. According to MSDN, SW_SHOW is supposed to activate the window and display it in its current size and position...Any thoughts? "j_eagle" <jason.eagle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186831361.063399.235460@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I have a window that is already open, I execute a m_cwnd- >>ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) and the window activates and ...

Columns in Accounts View
Currently available in Accounts view are the Account Name, Primary Contact, Main Phone, and City fields. Is it possible to add the Street Address and Zip fields to this view? Thanks, Craig. Sure. Go to Settings/Customization. Double-click the account entity. Then select "Forms and Views". Double the view you want to modify. Now add the fields, save the view and publish your changes. Repeat the steps for all views you want to modify. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup D...

HDI extended header information?
HDI How do I get extended header message information with Outlook Express? -- Kilowatt@charter.net For initial email contact you must put "private" in the subject line. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.i...

In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go reset the view (outside of running a /cleanviews)?
Gurus, In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go about resetting the view (outside of running /cleanviews)? -- Spin Select View > Arrange By > Current View > Define Views . Highlight one of the views and the select Reset button. Just so you know, the cleanviews switch deletes all custom views and resets the built-in ones back to their defaults. "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:5njp48Fink5uU1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go about resetting the view (outside > of running /cleanviews)? > &...

file size attachment limit issue
I cant seem to figure this out and need some help! We recently applied a 4mb size limit from our ESM under global settings, message delivery. The default size for sending is 4mb and no limit on the recieving end. When sending a 7mb test message from an external acct (hotmail or yahoo), I'm still getting a undeliverable with file size exceed limit. I check my smtp settings and no restrictions there. Where else should I check? On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:40:19 -0700, "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I cant seem to figure this out and need some help! We...

Call Stored Procedure from a User Defined Function?
Hi, SQL*Server 2005... We want to use a feature of a 3rd party package which lets you execute an sql select statement to retrieve info from our database. What we want to do is not only retrieve the info, but update the table it comes from to indicate the data has been extracted (so a subsequent call does not retrieve info that's already been extracted). I found you couldn't do updates in a user defined function. I wrote a stored procedure which does everything I need it to do: update the table and return a result set table. Problem is - the 3rd party package can't do &...

new mailbox store
I' ve created a new mailbox store, but i have a problem: when i need to move a mailbox to the new MBX, in the dialog box (AD snap-in, exchange task) where i can choose mbx destination, don't compare anything, it's impossible to choose! Is the new Store mounted? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:ekVNiA2XEHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I' ve created a new mailbox store, but i have a problem: > when i need to move a mailbox to the new MBX, in the d...

Printing file without any user intercation and view.
Hello, I want to print a pdf file without user need to open it first and them click on print button to print the same. Is it possible to print any type of file without any user interaction except for clicking on selecting available printer? Please guide me how to achieve the same. Thanks and Regards, Pradnya Could use use ShellExecute() with the "print" option and a .pdf file? Or, are you trying to modify the print dialog? Tom <pradnyagandhe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136372742.205649.197350@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I want to print ...

Lost font size
My boss has lost is size 11 font in outlook. How does he get it back into the toolbar? Size 11 is not in the dropdown but should be typed when using Outlook as the e-mail editor. When you have Word as the e-mail editor it can be selected from the dropdown -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "kim.duffy@hp.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:541501c48115$eb0a3eb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My boss has lost is...

Move Public Store
We have one exchange server - 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise server. We only have one storage group where both the Priv and Pub edb and stm files are stored in the same location. Because of low space issues I want to create a new Storage Group and Mailbox store for the mail database and move all of the mailboxes into this new location. When creating the new Mail Store it will only place the Public Store in the same old location. If I want to permanently delete the old drive that has the old Priv and Pub files do I need to create a new Public tree and Public Store as we...